The Sundered Way - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way - OOC

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:14 am

Haha! Nice! Well, I guess we'll find out a bit more with this Wis save and whatever Zephyr and Randy do next.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:38 pm

Burned through some of the beasties spells at the very least. Come on boys and girls, it has begun. Don't want me to steal all of this XP for myself.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:41 pm

Damn you! I bet you've exhausted all our good rolls now! :P

Holger would likely have done something similar once he gets down there but too late for that now :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:22 am

Double posting for a question

Does agonizing blast (+ cha on eldritch blast damage) grant additional damage to all the beams or only one of them? So 2d10+8 at 5th level or 2d10+4 for Holger assuming both hits the same target.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:58 am

The one use item, Jade ring that Cojlin picked up.
you stated:
(The jade ring will expand to enclose the user in a translucent snake, whose movements and actions can be controlled by the 'driver' within. The snake lasts for 3 hours, or until reduced to 0HP.)

Would he know what types of attacks he has when in 'snake form'? and how many HP the item would have when he uses it?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:42 am

Agonizing blast triggers on each hit.

Might not know the fine detail before using it, but biting and squeezing are good bets.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:51 am

I find it really wonderful how Maji blames Zephyr for everything, but that we started out as great friends, (that baby bear moment) but than there was that horrible grabby scene and whatever good will we may have had dwindled quickly.

But hey, in the words of zephyr, "who needs friends when you have a sword."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:55 am

Doesn't help when she is the source of most of thier problems. Running head on into things and trying to cauae fights for us to pull her out of.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:56 am

Honestly this is a much different situation, though you have no in character reference of what has gone down.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:58 am

It is safe to assume Zephyr is the one that caused problems. :p

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:00 am

I will admit it wasn't a head long charge this time. :chuckle:
And to be honest, I didn't have high hopes for a diplomacy check anyway. That would have been out of character.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:04 am

Actually, it was lurks and his damn brazier lighting desires that got us in this mess.
Zephyr didn't so much as cause problems as refuse to kneel and grovel (as someone was at least pretending to do). Staying in character is important to me and pretending to be something she isn't is not something she is on about. She's a straight shooter, says what she's thinking and how she feels.
That being said, running across an undead monstrosity that believed itself powerful, she gave him two chances to prove his worth and he failed (I succeeded) both times. My third response wasn't so much getting myself in trouble as it was saying "I've had enough to this spoon you mother forker."

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:26 am

Hmm....
I suspect it was just as much we came down as anything else. Mummies have darkvision out to 60 ft. As for the "pretending", well, I think the politics in Randy's home area are loosely Machiavellian, so it shouldn't come as a surprise Randy knows how to play that game.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:28 am

I get it, zephyr has a bad ability in this group for starting trouble, but I think Lurks could maybe back me up here that, this was at least a more controlled reaction than typically.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:50 am

I will be on a ship from Wednesday night until Monday night so will have no phone or internet access. I'll hopefully be getting a great tan and relaxing while drinking a bit too much. I might not be able to post after 5PM tonight.

So. Here are a few prompts for our cleric.

He will make sure the jade ring item is close at hand so that he can use it if needed.
He will start the fight with crossbow and trying to stay out of melee.
If things start going bad and it looks like someone is going to die and the entire group isn't going to be able to flee, he will use the jade ring and do the snake vs snake thing.
He will try to bite or constrict the enemies that are the death threat to the others.
He is out of turning.
He is almost out of spells.
He does have a cure potion on him.

If it goes bad, and they have the option of running back up the ramp with everyone getting away, he will urge for that and lock the critter back down there until we can rest and heal up.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:01 am

I'm not sure anyone's arguing with you Badge :) this is very much in character for Zephyr and I have no problem with it either IC or OOC.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:17 am

Burns is blaming me for this and I don't like it. :'(

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:27 am

Since you're a stickler on such things, I think it is Maji that is blaming Zephyr.

If anything, it's my fault since I know what buttons to push to get a response out of both Zephyr and Badge. >:D
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:32 am

You're a cruel cruel man.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:15 am

Alright gang,I'd like to talk to you about something I'm working on, (actually just started). I'm compiling the entirety of The Sundered Way, into a single word document. I think it would make for a great book but for the time being, I have no intention of trying to profit off of this, and if somehow I felt compelled enough to publish, I would make sure I cut all of you in on the royalties. :lol:

Okay, so how does this involve you, I'm going to make an invitation only Word Doc and invite all of you and if you have time throughout your day to jump in and delete out some of the miscellaneous BS that is forced to be copied along with everything else, that would be amazing of you. Spider is actually interested in this for the fact that will give a better ability to search for information.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:10 am

I built something similar for the WA game, but I kept it as a separate thread with hyperlinks to the actual updates. That way I can provide a teeny summary of the important events in each update which is easy(ish) to find, without making a massive document to search thru.

Just preference though, but the point is that some sort of contents table or index with keywords would be really useful.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:28 am

spiderwrangler wrote:Since you're a stickler on such things, I think it is Maji that is blaming Zephyr.

If anything, it's my fault since I know what buttons to push to get a response out of both Zephyr and Badge. >:D
Yep. Maji is blaming her. And probably would even if it was obviously not her fault. He doesn't like her very much.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:29 am

I suppose I could break it down into chapters or timeline at some point.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:11 am

New tab. BHT "Battle Health Tracker.
Maybe not with this battle (hoping its not our last), but in battles in the future, you HP total in the Group screen will now have a more accurate total so that you can know how much hp you have and maybe make some different actions and maybe not waste Spiders time asking him how much hp you have. Efficiency is the point. We'll see how this goes. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:15 am

So here's an interesting question for you Spider. Now that Randy is stabilized, is he out cold or just too weak to do anything? Can he communicate for example?