The Sundered Way - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way - OOC

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:22 pm

Theis2 wrote:Holger should be able to help carry anything you can't :)
Awesome :D I'll take that +4 STR score (or whatever ridiculous bonus Holger has) over Nem's -1 :)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:25 pm

It's only +2 like half my stats :roll:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:35 pm

Carry weight is 15 x STR total

Thinks, due to the weight of your armor, as opposed to myself, you can actually carry more than myself currently. You have about 40 lbs left of room in which to carry things, this includes the money you have on your person.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:41 am

On loot: I mean, I don't see why we shouldn't take the weapons back with us, even if they only sell for a few gold or silver pieces each. They currently don't take up more than 66 lbs if carried among all of us.
If anything, perhaps we can nominate one of our number to act as "treasurer", and we can have group loot and personal loot, in which group loot is spent on things we decide to spend it on as a group. Such as a wagon. The reason I think a wagon would be nice is because, I think that you could rest while riding in one, it would also allow us to move all of our stuff and more around with us without the fear of encumberance.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:00 am

I think I'll wait on deciding about a wagon until it comes up on game if you don't mind. As of right now, we don't knwo what the next job will be, whether we're going to stay as a group or for how long etc etc.

I know that OOC well be probably sticking together for a while, but I'd rather make decisions on this stuff later once we've figured out our other options.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:04 am

Well yeah.... Sure.. I mean... I personally want an airship

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:08 am

Right, but it might be smarter to buy horses because we're going to be travelling off road for a while or need to move quickly for example.

Like I say, I'm not averse to a group purchase per se, I just don't want to commit to one now :)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:10 am

Oh! We can get packs and stuff for the animals to carry! And get A bear sized one for Maji :p

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:11 am

Lol! Totally :) or just get a donkey to carry stuff.

...though pack animals don't often live long lives with an adventurer group...

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:12 am

The problem with getting horses with no cart is that horses require both food and water, which with a cart, they could carry.

I understand not wanting to make the decision now though, with us not knowing which direction we're going.

Mmmm, maybe a landship would work too, though it would need to be windy to work. :D

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:18 am

A bear bag you can only carry for 2 hours at a pop before need to take a nap... ;)

Too bad equipment you are carrying in you wild shape form doesn't merge into your natural form....

I actually have no idea where you guys will be going next, so I can't even weigh in to say if prospective purchases will be good or not (other than that the Abbey doesn't have airships for sale :D ). Your next quest or adventure will depend on what you want to do. I'm anticipating a significant amount of downtime during which you will all finish leveling to 3rd, via various means some of which have started for a few of you, some of which are dependent on not being in the middle of nowhere... but could be anyway from weeks to months, so you'll have some time to pursue individual goals, before whatever comes next.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:22 am

Sounds good :)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:22 am

So..it'll be winter RL before we go on another mission.... :(

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:33 am

I'm not planning on RPing all of the intervening downtime. The bits relevant to your leveling sure, but other aspects will get accelerated.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:11 am

Hmm. That means Randy is going to have to pair up with a higher level ranger for a bit. After he coughs up the temple's share of his loot, I guess he can go knock around with one of the local garrisons again. Or he could go back to the Obad Hai temple for some advanced training, unless there's a higher level already in Circle Vale (maybe working with a patrol on the roads)?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:46 pm

Funny how the treasurer gets 150 more gold than everyone else :P ((I'm kidding - I do not have any interest in keeping track of loot, and I trust your numbers))

Does that include the money that was already on our sheets and the money we found on the first set of bandits (when we met Krodop)? I think it was like 13 GP tho so not a big deal.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:52 pm

(i am not sure how she had 130 or so gd from starter stuff, I think at most is 50 or so, since it would be bought at half value, and the most expensive thing she'd have is armour which she had since the beggining?)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:58 pm

Depends on whether badge rolled for starting gold and then bought Z's gear from that I guess. I don't remember anyone selling anything IC, but it was a while ago.

Spider should know.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:02 pm

I didn't do it ic correct, it was in chat with Spider.. I may be able to find those logs if you're interested.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:52 am

hmm, i looked and could not find the information that I thought I had. I think I may have picked up some gold, claiming it as my own and then claimed it again when I split it into shares. I removed gold from my bank account to represent this discovery.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:39 pm

I'll be out of town tomorrow for a conference. Will be able to update by phone but won't have as ready access to any of my resources until Sunday night.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:56 pm

Too many conferences happen at weekends IMO! Hope it's not too arduous, and best of luck if you're presenting :)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:16 pm

Nope, not presenting, it is their first time doing it, it's limited to 150 attendees, but is completely free (including dinner and beer). No one else from my lab group can go, so it's networking and unofficially representing the University. My sister and brother in law live a half hour north of the venue, so I'll stay the night with them.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:19 pm

Ah cool, then have a lovely time :)

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:40 am

Again apologize for my absence lots of RL issue currently. Going to catch up today on whats been posted.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem