GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 36)

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 13)

Post by thinkslogically » Sat May 21, 2016 1:26 pm

Turn 13

All and TAP attempt a diving leap across the stinky pool and both totally screw it up. Tinkers resigns herself to the inevitable and dives in voluntarily. All and Tinkers manage to control themselves, but the smell overwhelms TAP and she vomits, losing 1HP.

Tinkers dives to the bottom of the pool and grabs at the enormous mound of sludge. It sucks at her hand and wobbles disgustingly.

Holds spaces out.

--------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Sat May 21, 2016 6:11 pm

"I guess it's safe then.

Holds gets in and swims across.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun May 22, 2016 6:08 am

All pulls herself out of the ick at the other side, but sticks fairly close in case Problems Ensue. She inspects the pipe and keeps an ear out for any calls for help.

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Mon May 23, 2016 4:46 pm

Tinkers probably shouldn't, but she roots around in the muck anyway to make absolutely sure there's nothing good in there. If she doesn't find anything, she'll surface for air.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 14)

Post by thinkslogically » Mon May 23, 2016 6:46 pm

Turn 14

"I guess it's safe then.

Tinkers throws caution to the wind and fondles the goo some more. It wriggles and then sucks hard at her arm and traps her in the bottom of the pool! She startles and swallows a mouthful of sewage water which tastes even more disgusting than it smells and then loses 1HP. Crap.

All drags herself out the pool. She absolutely stinks. Oh well. While she waits for the inevitable Problems to Ensue, she checks out the big pipe on the left. It looks like she could fit in there if she felt like climbing in...

Holds jumps in and swims across, but gets a mouthful of sewage too and gags as he climbs out the other side. He loses 1HP.

TAP spaces out, utterly overwhelmed by the stinky water, but at least makes his sewage-save and doesn't lose any HP.

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon May 23, 2016 7:21 pm

tap tries to pull out the yellow goblin from being stuck

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue May 24, 2016 1:28 am

All throws caution to the wind and climbs inside the big pipe, noting with passing interest that she has a darkvision item on her face in case that helps her spot any kind of horrible pipe-lurker before she commits to said action... ;)

If she doesn't spot anything sat in there patiently waiting with its mouth open and does climb in, and then finds that she starts to fall down the pipe and is in danger of going splat, she will activate her Boots of Levitation to protect herself.

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Tue May 24, 2016 10:41 am

Tinkers tries to wriggle her arm loose, gratefully using TAP's help to get free. She thinks if she survives this, she'll change her name to "Sticks Her Hands where they Don't Belong".

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Tue May 24, 2016 5:45 pm

Holds stands by, looking down the pipe as All goes down.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 15)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 25, 2016 6:45 pm

Turn 15

TAP dives back into the sewage and tries to help pull Tinkers out the sludge. Tinkers fingers brush up against something hard inside the goop pile, just as TAP pulls her free. Luckily for both of them, they manage to extricate Tink from the sludge and make a break for the surface again.

Tinkers checks her hand and realises that she has managed to grab a Silver Dagger!

All and Holds hop into the pipe and descend at a curiously slow pace, followed by a weirdly slow fall. They both land unharmed in some kind of cellar or something.

Silver Dagger: ATT +2
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 25, 2016 7:02 pm

Tap goes down the pipe trying to forget swiming in sewage. They then tries to collect coins, whatever that means

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Wed May 25, 2016 9:57 pm

Tinkers gratefully thanks TAP. Noting Holds doesn't have a weapon, she offers Holds the katana, and equips the dagger to herself. Then she'll carefully try to climb down to the ledge with the skellington.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu May 26, 2016 5:47 am

All goes across to collect the mushroom, intending to show it to Steals-the-Tequila back at HQ.

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Fri May 27, 2016 8:45 am

Holds picks up the coins, figuring their worth something, then goes through the pipe.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 16)

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:23 pm

Turn 16

Tinkers climbs out the sewage and drops down the wall to reach the area with the skeleton. Unfortunately, she can't reach the ledge with the skeleton without help. It looks like there's a wet and broken rusty grate on the bottom level though. She should be able to squeeze through the gap if she wants.

TAP hauls herself out of the sewage pool and slides down the pool. She announces her presence to the others largely by smell, but they stink too so whatever. Holds and TAP then set about collecting the coins and each acquire 9GP.

All crawls under the blocks and grabs the mushroom. Time stands still for a couple of seconds and suddenly she is twice the size she was before and the damn mushroom has disappeared! Well, she isn't going to fit into that pipe any more...

Holds can definitely fit though, and disappears into the pipe on the right.

"What the hell!?!"
"What did you touch?"
"Nothing! You must have triggered a trap!"
"Bullshit! There was nothing there! This must be one of his security measures."
"That would make sense... What do you think it is?"

----------------------------------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:43 am

All uses her boots to levitate back out the way she came, and helps Tinkers onto that second level with the skeleton.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:35 am

Tap goes theough the pipe and waves to the assassins. "hello! Are you going after him too? We can help each other out!"

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:41 pm

Tinkers thanks All for the lift! Then, she'll go over to carefully examine the skeleton, silver dagger at the ready in case any shenanigans, to see if she can identify what/who the poor bugger used to be and how they met their end. Poor soul, you deserve to be taken out of here and decently buried, whether or not you were a goblin in life.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:05 pm

Just waiting on an action for Holds. I'm going to update the Island tomorrow, so I'll hold off this one till then :)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:43 pm

Hey folks, in case it wasn't obvious already, work and RL are kind of kicking the ass out of my spare time at the moment and I'm struggling to get all three games updated in an evening. This week also involves clearing out our apartment so they can fumigate for termites which is both great and super annoying. Anyway, I'm out of time tonight, but I'll do my best to get an update done for you tomorrow. I know unreliable update schedules suck, so thanks for being patient!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 17)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:12 pm

Turn 17

All uses her levitating boots to head back up the pipe while TAP heads through the one at ground level...

All arrives up the top and squashes gracelessly into the ceiling. Damn. Tinkers doesn't get to be respectful to the skeleton this turn...

"hello! Are you going after him too? We can help each other out!"
"Shit, they're multiplying."
"What do you think the colours mean?"
"I don't know... Do you think a new one turns up every turn or do you think they'll double their numbers?"
"Do you think its referring to Meric?"
"I bet it's a trap. It doesn't seem to be raising the alarm though... Hmmm... Have you tried perceiving it? Like, really hard?"

TAP arrives at the top of the pipe where Holds is spacing out, and is roundly ignored by the thieves.

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:35 pm

Tap laughs at the thieves. "You mean...Hahhaha....Oh that is hilarious. Why do you think I am a trap?"

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:58 am

All climbs out of the pipe a bit more carefully and turns off her boots, then goes to help Tinkers.

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:01 am

Tink tries the same action as last time trying to bury the skellington and whatnot, with All's help.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 18)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:55 pm

Turn 18

"You mean...Hahhaha....Oh that is hilarious. Why do you think I am a trap?"
"Ah shit... It's talking! What do we say?"
"I don't know! I don't even know what it is! Check your nature knowledge!"
"...What? You know that's a really weird way to ask someone if they know something?"
"Just do it! The last thing we need is to make some kind of weird cultural faux pas and offend the dungeon!"
"All right! Geez... Hang on... Let me see... "
"Well don't drop it...!"
"Uh... It's... It's a goblin! They're both goblins!"
"Ok! Great! ... But is it a trap?"

Silver cackles delightedly at the thieves' confusion.

Holds spaces out. Again.

All wriggles and squirms to squeeze her way out the top of the pipe and... gets even more stuck. Well shit...

Tink continues to wait, but it's looking increasingly likely that she's going to have to go and help her compatriot.

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler