GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 36)

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 26)

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:55 am

Still waiting on theis and narshe :)

Gathers - that yellow thing is on the wall, and there's room to go past it.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:39 am

Sorry, just got home from my vacation :P

"We have an intricate internal messaging system and we take insurance very serious here! It's a vital part of the economy and if ├│ne of our guards fail to fulfill our end of the bargain there will be a severe punishment and termination of the guard in question is quite likely in order to encourage them to honor the agreement.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:13 pm

Tinkers grins. "Excellent, you pass the test that we had to administer for insurance purposes, and qualify for a discount based on that you're so canny that you're less likely to need rescue! We'll just need you to state your names and current mission for the record, if you want the discount."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 27)

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:22 pm

Turn 27

"Excellent, you pass the test that we had to administer for insurance purposes, and qualify for a discount based on that you're so canny that you're less likely to need rescue! We'll just need you to state your names and current mission for the record, if you want the discount."
"We have an intricate internal messaging system and we take insurance very serious here! It's a vital part of the economy and if ├│ne of our guards fail to fulfill our end of the bargain there will be a severe punishment and termination of the guard in question is quite likely in order to encourage them to honor the agreement.
"Weelllll...."
"Yeah... This seems weird..."

TAP tries to move the yellow thing. It vanishes into the wall as he pokes it and they hear a low rumbling sound from the right that sounds like stone grinding on stone.

At the sounds from the right, the two thieves change their tunes somewhat.

"You know what, sign me up!"
"Yeah... Me too!"
"I'm Gord and this is Marik. We're from the Catstep Guild."
"Yup. And our mission is to steal the Serpent Ring from Marric's vaults, bring it to our guild, and then return it to prove our awesomeness."
"It's... not going particularly well."
"Hey, the insurance starts immediately, right?"

Walks watches what TAP does and then scoots past, hopping over the red thing and climbing up the ladder to investigate the red lines at the top. They appear to just be beams of light, but they are emitting a high-pitched whine and are giving out a surprising amount of heat. Weird. Behind it is a heavy metal grate. On the left, she sees nine small holes in the wall, from which a grey slimy ooze is oozing, but she can't tell what it is without investigating it more closely.

-------------------------------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:44 pm

nuuuuuuuudge

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:05 pm

"It certainly does as soon as payment have been recieved! And as mentioned, you'll be getting a discount of 40%, so the supreme premium pack will cost 70 gold for each insurance and I will send out the message right away. I hope you'll have a pleasant adventure here, as pleasant as they can be."

Steals will take the money if they give it to him and then climb down the pipe and "delivering" the money
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:02 pm

"Adventure with impugnity, mates!" Tinkers exclaims. "You are now the safest adventurers that ever delved a dungeon. Now if you'll excuse me, I have other insurance salesman business to conduct. You might see more of us going around - it's all part of the job, evaluating the safety of various dungeons so that we can price in the risk and offer the best possible rates to you, our discerning customers."

She'll go up the ladder one level, and to the ledge on the left, and push that button on the floor to see what happens.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:14 pm

Tap tries to make the heat lazers go away by moving the now grey thing.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 28)

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:46 pm

Turn 28

"It certainly does as soon as payment have been recieved! And as mentioned, you'll be getting a discount of 40%, so the supreme premium pack will cost 70 gold for each insurance and I will send out the message right away. I hope you'll have a pleasant adventure here, as pleasant as they can be."
"70 GP each! We don't have that! Look, we only have ... 40 GP in total. But! We have information about how to get into the vaults here! I'm sure you would be able to find the rest of the money in there!"
"Assuming you don't mind a little bit of... um... theft."
"Well of course they don't! They're in INSURANCE. So, do we have a deal?"
"That's true. Also, it might speed up your inspection work!"

"Adventure with impugnity, mates! You are now the safest adventurers that ever delved a dungeon. Now if you'll excuse me, I have other insurance salesman business to conduct. You might see more of us going around - it's all part of the job, evaluating the safety of various dungeons so that we can price in the risk and offer the best possible rates to you, our discerning customers."

Tinkers immediately demonstrates her commitment to testing dangerous things by pressing the large red button on the floor. She hears a quiet *shwink" sound from somewhere above her, followed by a very unpleasant burning sensation. It seems that she has triggered a flame trap. She loses 3HP and now has 1 left. Ouch.

TAP tries to move the now-grey circle, but only succeeds in making the groany-rumbly noise happen again from somewhere on the right.

► Show Spoiler
[/quote]

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:11 pm

Tap will attempt to turn it the other wa?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:15 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Tap will attempt to turn it the other wa?
It doesn't turn - If you spend your whole turn trying something simple that doesn't work, you can assume you've tried all your obvious options (e.g. you try to open a door by pushing AND pulling it).

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:19 pm

Okay climb ladder up and jump over the inscription and look into the pile.

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:24 pm

Tinkers should have been more careful! Oh well!

Very carefully, she will continue left and see if it takes her to where the skeleton was.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:43 am

Steals sighs once as he look at the two guys in front of him

"Very well, so once you've paid and told me about the vault, I'll send the message around and have your insurance fixed right away."

He's sad to see that the buttons does not deactivate the lasers
► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 29)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:41 pm

Turn 29

"Very well, so once you've paid and told me about the vault, I'll send the message around and have your insurance fixed right away."
"Ok, great!"
"Here's your money..."
"And here's what we know... You ready?"
"Ok, so this whole place is built underneath Marric's private study."
"And he uses it to keep his most unique treasures hidden and safe."
"But there are traps. We know that there's some pretty obvious ones."
"Don't touch the red buttons"
"And some less obvious ones. Apparently there are two golems down here. One's made from clay, and one's made of stone."
"The stone watches everything that goes on in here and you don't want it to catch you doing anything... against Mr. Merric's interests."
"Finally, there's apparently an energy field barring the entrance to the vault. You can turn it off apparently, but we weren't told how..."
"Ok. That's everything! Insure us!"

Steals takes the 40GP from the thieves and ponders what to do with them next.

TAP hops up the ladder, and leaps over the grille in the wall, merrily landing on what appears to be some kind of greased surface. She goes careening down the platform and crashes into the pile of clay balls which go flying. She loses 1HP.

Tinkers dusts herself off and cautiously heads left to where the skeleton is. She notices a small wooden chest under the skeleton's legs.

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:49 pm

Tap sits up and starts throwing the clay balls at the lazer.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:28 am

"A pleasure doing business with you."

Steals moves over to the side and talks into his flame shaped gem a bit discretely away from the two thieves. He talks just loud enough that they can hear what he says.

"Two ninja thief looking guys, named Gord and Marik from the catstep guild just paid for their premium insurance in Marrics deadly basement dungeon, make sure that everything is in order."

Steals then equips his armor and shield before he pushes the orange button above the glowing green one. Wonder why it's so close to being symmetrical except for the lines and big green button.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:34 pm

Treasures sets the skeleton back up in a dignified posture and sets the skull back on the neck, arranging the arms to cradle and support its forehead so it won't roll off again. Then, she says a quick prayer to mags for the creature's soul, and pockets the chest for opening later, in case it's trapped or something.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 30)

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:01 pm

Turn 30

TAP gets back up and throws a clay ball at the red light. It flies about halfway there before turning in midair and shooting back towards him! He manages to duck and turns just in time to see it meld into the rest of the clay, which is starting to look suspiciously animated for a pile of mud. Uh oh.

"A pleasure doing business with you."
"Two ninja thief looking guys, named Gord and Marik from the catstep guild just paid for their premium insurance in Marrics deadly basement dungeon, make sure that everything is in order."

Steals sets up the "insurance policy" much to the thieves' relief, equips his defences, then pushes the glowing orange button. A white glowing ring appears beneath the button.

Tinkers puts the skeleton back to rights and pays her regards before pocketing the little box.

---------------------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:07 pm

Tap runs down the ladder and jumps over the mine and jumps to the other side, avoiding the other mine

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:26 am

Steals pushes the same button to see if it turns off.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:49 pm

All right. Life is going back to normal a bit this week, so I'm nudging these threads and will get you guys an update on Friday / Saturday.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 31)

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:19 am

Turn 31

TAP manages to carefully keep her footing in the grease, and makes it across to the ladder then bounces across the first red button. Her feet are greasy and she nearly slides right into the second one, but she gets lucky and manages to stop just in time.

Steals presses the button again, but nothing happens.

No-one else does anything.

---------------------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:10 am

Steals presses the green button hoping that the clay golem thing above will drop dead again.

If that doesn't happens then he pushes the orange button on the opposite site of the board
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:32 pm

TP jumps over the button and goes to the other room