Fallout: Settlers (Year: 2277) - Open to Most

Home to all current Forum Games.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: Fallout: Settlers (Year: 2277) - Open to Most

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:02 am

Much like in Fallout 4 (the game), there are trees that have survived till now. We just haven't made them available as a resource, but under the new category of "Fuel" (As long as Spider is okay with that) they could exist. This would also potentially include old wooden dilapidated houses.

And yes, while the dwellers are simpletons...they take instruction very well, that's why there was this blank space involved with "what to build" because we are kind of waiting for you guys, the players, to start trying to create something..

the "investigation" side of that is, once you come up with an idea that you can all agree on..or just an idea at all, you can run it past us and we can come up with a "cost" of sorts so that you know what you're getting into before you start.

So, on this turn, if you would like to do a "what shall we build and where, investigation and discovery" I can "come up with" some areas where different types of power generators and what types and may be built and how much they might cost in terms of resources.

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:43 am

BadgeAddict wrote: So, on this turn, if you would like to do a "what shall we build and where, investigation and discovery" I can "come up with" some areas where different types of power generators and what types and may be built and how much they might cost in terms of resources.

I'd like that.

The_Colonel
Mutters to Themself

Post by The_Colonel » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:58 am

BadgeAddict wrote:gases, natural, methane, otherwise, could also be a method of fuel. but you would need a large source of crap, manure or dead bodies to pull that off.
Oh yes... a biogas plant. Didn't think of that. Wonder where the Vault's waste disposal is routed at the moment... and as we accumulate dead slavers, ghouls and anything else that doesn't look nummy we can toss them in the pot as well... and those pigs we got (assuming that they are still alive somewhere). We could run the place off their droppings and set up Barter Town. Wonder how many BMs it takes to build a Thunderdome...

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:33 am

This remdinds me on my first Civ, where these two captured dwarves tried to explode our camp using their own shit...^^┬░

twistedstraka
Of Few Words

Post by twistedstraka » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:14 pm

I mean it might be super long term but even if our ancestors didn't figure out solar maybe we should put some research into it even just to see what costs get associated with it. Another thing we could do is if we find some access to the mains power we can set up an external wind farm somewhere connect it to the grid and power our base(and the fire base) through mains and get that attention elsewhere

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:10 am

I'm all for building a water mill. If nothing else, we can use the water that is flowing through it to build some irrigation for our farm/orchard. :thumbsup:
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:42 am

Deadline for votes and actions?
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:44 am

The_Colonel wrote:
BadgeAddict wrote:gases, natural, methane, otherwise, could also be a method of fuel. but you would need a large source of crap, manure or dead bodies to pull that off.
Oh yes... a biogas plant. Didn't think of that. Wonder where the Vault's waste disposal is routed at the moment... and as we accumulate dead slavers, ghouls and anything else that doesn't look nummy we can toss them in the pot as well... and those pigs we got (assuming that they are still alive somewhere). We could run the place off their droppings and set up Barter Town. Wonder how many BMs it takes to build a Thunderdome...
When on earth did we get pigs? We had the Brahmin and that was it for livestock wasn't it?
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

The_Colonel
Mutters to Themself

Post by The_Colonel » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:50 am

Patdragon wrote:When on earth did we get pigs? We had the Brahmin and that was it for livestock wasn't it?
spiderwrangler wrote:The 5 dwellers who were placed on guard duty did such an amazing job this season that not one dweller was hurt by any outside influences other than their own incompetence. They did so well in fact that they were able to capture a mother and litter of a creature new to the dwellers. Some of the recent additions to the community identified her as a 'squealer' sow, the name immediately making sense in light of how they captured them. Capture is perhaps too nice of a way to put it as in actuality they ran into a man and woman they thought to be slavers. The couple were cursing and pulling on a rope, and the guards heard a what sounded like a scream of distress. After shooting down the two human 'slavers', they discovered they were attempting to lead the sow by a rope attached to a ring in her nose. The sow and her litter have rather low slung bodies with study legs and a stout neck. Their noses are rather flat on the end, with large nostrils, and the female has a pair of tusks arching up from both her upper and lower jaw, the upper set spitting into a series of tines. From the bodies of the 'slavers' they collected: flannel shirt and jeans (x2), crude pistol, 23 bottlecaps.
...perhaps "pigs" was overstating it, but I saw them come in and didn't see them go out, so presumably they're still around somewhere...

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:02 am

hah...I had forgotten about those...

I suppose I shouldn't admit that.

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:35 pm

I absolutely remembered them... *cough*

It seems, we currently still have a power-discussion going on... Any ideas how we cann bring that to an end ? We can't run in 5 different direction atst.^^

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:54 pm

I would like to know the building cost/time and potential 'output' (e.g. can it power one system, more than one - if so how many - or just be used for specific purposes) for each before we decide. Those are important factors.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

The_Colonel
Mutters to Themself

Post by The_Colonel » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:40 am

Couldn't our research goal specifically be a project to study the most practicable ways to power the vault? This could include both a summary of what would be required to revive the primary reactor and interim/supplementary power sources...

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:48 pm

I believe, that we basically already did that.

The_Colonel
Mutters to Themself

Post by The_Colonel » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:04 am

Since this doesn't seem to be moving, let's pick a hole and go to it: let's say putting some bird choppers on our existing (guard) towers - getting that scoped would be a good start. That or scoping a biogas system.
Not having voted for any research this turn I'm not deeply committed to any of them, but we might as well get the turn moving...

The_Colonel
Mutters to Themself

Post by The_Colonel » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:05 am

BadgeAddict wrote:hah...I had forgotten about those...

I suppose I shouldn't admit that.
I would assume that chap the farmer was able to give the necessary guidance and they are settled in (relatively) quietly somewhere awaiting further orders...

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:45 am

I reedited my votes to focus on biomass...

I am done here. Yes, we could discuss this for even longer, but I suggest who wants to do something, puts it into his/her votes and we move on. Don't want to wait another week until we move on. That might kill the game in the long term.^^

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:53 am

Badge and I have been talking, think that some builds may take more research (solar, nuclear) to build from scratch, but turbine based stuff is good to go. If the group is still undecided on what you want to build, could allow your work to be towards the turbine/electricity generating part, which can be plugged later? I'll be looking to close votes and make rolls on Friday.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:14 am

Why not. :)

I am still for Biomass, though.

twistedstraka
Of Few Words

Post by twistedstraka » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:04 pm

we just need a way to breed super mutants and then use their biomass for fuel, nothing at all could go wrong with this idea

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:53 am

Ok, votes as I understand them currently are reflected below. Let me know if anything looks off, and I'll consider votes closed. Wanted to get this up last week so I could make rolls, but ran out of time.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:06 am

I didn't realize, someone else had also decided to tend to the plants... I think, one is enough - I'd rather scavenge for building material. Edited again to reflect.

Other than that, all is fine with me.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:05 pm

Just a small plug for similar idea to keep the fallout interest up to a maximum high as this one has slowed a little due the business of real life.

I've just started a recruitment thread for a slightly different voting fallout story to do with Puppet man from vault 77.
No constant commitment will be needed just pop in and vote like this one when you can.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:34 am

*pokes* Anything new ?^^ I am eager to go on. ;)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:54 am

Both of us are getting slammed at work the past couple weeks. I need to get through tomorrow, and then I should be able to get some work done on the update.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler