Fallout: Settlers (Year: 2277) - Open to Most

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Fallout: Settlers (Year: 2277) - Open to Most

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:49 am

► Show Spoiler
Wasting time Klik wrote:Happy to become a super voter
Sounds good. During the voting for Autumn, you'll have 4 votes for the main section of votes instead of 3.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:09 am

Having fought with the vault side by side, Jonah Murphy is offering a ~25% off sale as a sign of Good Faith to the vault dwellers in the hopes of coming back many times over the years to come. He also is no longer willing to buy any vault suits, because as he mentions, he doesn't want any raiders finding out that this vault exists. Finally, he asks what the vault might want in the future that he could try to come by and bring with him.

(200) (150) Tech Materials - 2x
(300) (225) Laser Rifle ÔÇô 1x
(200) (150) Combat Rifle - 1x
(150) (110) Frag Grenade - 3x
(100) (75) Machete - 2x
(150) (110) Combat Armor - 1x
(15) (15) Building Materials - 3x
(10) (8) Building Scrap - 3x
(20) (15) Tato Seeds - 19x
(25) (18) MutFruit Seeds - 18x
(20) (15) Melon Seeds - 14x
(100) (75) Gardening Equipment - 4x

The merchant also looks over the items that the dwellers are thinking about offering and tells her what he might be willing to pay for them.
The Vault has:
221 + 172 = 393 Bottlecaps
(50 for the first one, 5 for every additional) Vault Suit - 362x
(20) mirelurk chitinous shells - 2x
(3) Radiated Food - 98x (Will only accept ~20 units)
(1) Radiated Water - 46x (Will only accept ~20 units)
(1) Building Scrap - 141x (No longer accepting)

Original Buy list that was agreed upon:
► Show Spoiler

The_Colonel
Mutters to Themself

Post by The_Colonel » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:26 am

BadgeAddict wrote: The merchant also looks over the items that the dwellers are thinking about offering and tells her what he might be willing to pay for them.
Would Jonah be prepared to buy the chems we looted from those raiders or does he not handle that sort of merchandise?

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:03 am

(75) Stimpak x 5
(75) Radaway x 4

The merchant says that he doesn't usually like to deal with drugs, as only unsavory types use them, but will make an exception this time.
(50) Jet x 4
(50) Psycho x 2

twistedstraka
Of Few Words

Post by twistedstraka » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:11 am

Changing my votes to:
Summer: B F J4
Power 1
RAIDER 2
Dead Raider C

Edited because typo

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:55 am

EDITED to reflect the new offer, after learning his intrest in scraps has waned.

I am starting to like this guy.

Okay, my new and updated trade offer.

10 Tato Seeds (150)
10 MutFruit Seeds (180)
10 Melon Seeds (150)

(this should give us the option of spreading them out if one happens to not be suitable for some reason. It's also better for health and moral to differ.).

3 gardening Equipment (225) (giving us the option of rebuilding it, when we have a model - And with more of them, we can start building right away.).

The weapons aren't as important anymore, because of our recent lootings.
Same goes for tech. We might need them later, but not right now.

I am willing to give :

393 Bottlecaps (393 total)

2 mirelurk chitinous shells (40 total) (They could be good to make armor out of them, but we can likely get more if we WANT that.)

18radiated food (54 total)

18 radiated water (18 total)

3 Jet (150 total)
1 Psycho (50 total)

I am keeping one of each, because our new doc probably wants to look at them, to get knowledge about chemical reactions to the human body and so on... ;) )

= +/-705

What we are intrested in (my ideas) :

-Anything that might help us to generate more clean energy.
-New permanent residents, which he deems as trustworthy. But he should - For both sides sake - First TELL us about them, bring them with him maybe the next vote...
The more qualifications, the better. He could get a talent-scout-fee. This includes robots (Could free up slots for our people to work in). Orphans would be an option, too,
as long as they are not to young. (If we raise them in a more or less safe environment, we might need more years until they can work, but they are likely to be more inclined
to help.). Really, what we need most is more people - Who still don't clash with our security or outnumber the former dwellers.
-A map of our suroundings.
-Knowledge (Anything our dwellers would call "New". That helps us not to have to research everything by ourselves which is common for the people around.
-Winter clothing to be able to work outside during the winter.
-An estimated list about prominent raiders, cities and groups in the region, so
we actually KNOW if the visitor we spotted wants to eat us.
-Computer parts to upgrade our lord. ^^ (I am thinking about optimized procedures or maybe giving the characters at least a single vote...^^)
-Female Brahmin (or other animals) for breeding, milk and flesh.
-Something to clean food or water from radiation.
-Also, we should ask him if there is something HE would really like to have. We might stumble over it...

Additional GM question : What do the letters (E, G, C and so on) next to the looted weapons mean ?

Also, the computer requests to scan the pale leather folder for information. (Come on guys, none of your characters takes a look ?^^)

Lastly, now that I finally get how energy works, I am changing my Power vote to Research. If it is down next month, we can upgrade, thats good.
Last edited by Feytala on Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:09 am

Feytala wrote: 67 building scrap (67 total)
His interest in trading for scrap has waned, and he is no longer accepting it.
Feytala wrote: Additional GM question : What do the letters (E, G, C and so on) next to the looted weapons mean ?
They denote quality of the item (yes, this is a new thing).

Crude, Decent, Good, Excellent, Legendary

Increasing quality scale adds both to likelihood to hit and damage dealt. All weapons found previously are of a 'Decent' quality.

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The_Colonel
Mutters to Themself

Post by The_Colonel » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:17 am

Trade deal looks good to me.

**Edit**: Given the fall in the value of miscellaneous scrap, perhaps we should shorten our order by one set of gardening tools - IIRC those should be enough to tend a good number of plants and it's better than cutting the seed order.

Livestock and crops would seem a great idea for future trade goods - we might need tech stuff later as we bring the vault back on line but for the time being we're not in a position to use it. We might also want weapons later, but for the time being we can't afford them and have enough for our immediate needs. Information about the new world would be useful... and about the old world: old RobCo and VaultTec manuals ... and those weird data disc things that people in the wasteland can't read. The sort of things that look like tech-junk if you don't have access to a pre-war tech base. Friend Computer might well find them interesting.
As per the recruitment idea, since Jonah seems to be a decent guy, we might well ask him to wave fugitives in our direction - escaped slaves and the like looking for a better life. Perhaps if we ask him to send them to the firehouse we could set up an outpost there, manned by people not in vault suits, to screen prospectives without revealing that there is an open vault here.

Meanwhile, perhaps we could try fishing for mirelurks if their shells are valuable ... albeit possibly with some kind of trap rather than by fighting them...

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:02 am

Would have been my vote, too, to take the gardeninc tools away and keep a little bit more of the radiated food. I edited my post to reflect the new trading offer.

I like Colonels ideas, but I think he has the same probs as I have - Most of these things/ideas need to be done by a PC.^^
Also, at least this season, we need Jonah to sho us how to plant the crops.

Fishing mirelurks... Or, generally, hunting stuff, is no bad idea. Traps would be a new research project, I guess.

Also we should give that legendary combat knife to Jamie. Might be good for her to use as a scalpel... And operating people with a combat knife looks very badass. :P

The_Colonel
Mutters to Themself

Post by The_Colonel » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:22 am

Feytala wrote:Also, at least this season, we need Jonah to sho us how to plant the crops.
I think Derek - the escaped slave chap - was offering to do that for us, being a farmer by trade.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:35 am

The_Colonel wrote:
Feytala wrote:Also, at least this season, we need Jonah to sho us how to plant the crops.
I think Derek - the escaped slave chap - was offering to do that for us, being a farmer by trade.
Correct. His father would be able to as well, but is still in not great shape.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:02 am

It seems things are fairly decided upon, so I'm going to say that trade negotiation will close at 5PM tonight (4 hours from now for those of you not living in the Eastern US), with votes for summer to close 12 hours later, at 5AM tomorrow morning. We'll see what we can get done update wise tomorrow, as we both have weekend plans, and have the update for Summer by early next week at the latest.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:40 am

Summertime

.[tabs: Food and Water]
Food:
2359 clean units - 89 units + 4 units = 2274 clean units
98 irradiated units + 2 units - 18 units = 82 irradiated units

Water:
2331 clean units - 89 units + 9 units = 2251 clean units
46 irradiated units + 3 units -18 units = 31 irradiated units
2 Nuka Cola

[tabs: Armory]
Ranged Weapons:
  • 10mm Pistol [D] (x3)
  • .308 Hunting Rifle [D] (x3)
  • Pipe Pistol [C] (x1)
  • Sawed-off Shotgun [D] (x2)
  • Pistol [G]
  • Shotgun [C]
  • Rifle [E]
  • Pistol [D]
  • Shotgun [D]
  • Pistol [D]
  • SMG [C]

Melee Weapons:
  • Baseball Bat [D] (x3)
  • Rusty Knife [C]
  • Nasty Combat Knife [L]
  • Security Baton [C]
  • Shiny Fire Axe [G]

Clothing/Armor:
  • "Vault 50" vault suit (362)
  • Armored vault suit (x7)
  • Rad-suit (x7)
  • Battered leather armor (x1)
  • Worn Leather Boots (x4)
  • Light Leather Armor (x2)
  • Reinforced Leather Armor (x1)
  • Threadbare Suit
  • Worn Leathers x5
  • Faded Fatigues
  • Leather Harness x2

[tabs: Building Supplies]
Building Scrap:
141 units + 2 units - 10 units ÔÇô 22 units = 111 units

Building Materials:
0 units + 1 units ÔÇô 1 unit = 0 units

Aid:
  • Stimpak x 5
  • Radaway x 4
  • Jet x 4 - 3 = Jet (x1)
  • Psycho x 2 - 1 = Psycho (x1)
  • Tato Seeds (x10 ÔÇô 10 = 0)
  • Mutfruit Seeds (x10 ÔÇô 10 = 0)
  • Melon Seeds (x10 ÔÇô 10 = 0)

Crops: Each dweller assigned to tend crops can tend 10 units of crops (15 units if utilizing gardenign equipment). Each unit of crop may contain multiple plants, and together produce 1 unit of clean food during harvestable seasons.
  • 10 Tato (will be ready for harvest in Fall)
  • 10 Mutfruit (will bear fruit Spring, Summer and Fall next year)
  • 10 Melon (will be ready for harvest in Fall)

Miscellaneous:
  • Bottlecaps (x393) - 393 = 0 caps
  • 2 mirelurk chitinous shells - 2 = 0 shells
  • Brahmin Cart: Usable for hauling, may be improved with further effort
  • A pale leather folder, the flap held shut with twine looped between two white buttons
  • Gardening Equipment x 3

Firehouse:
  • 11 BM ÔÇô 11 units = 0 BM
  • 77 BS + 15 units = 92 BS
  • 1 Tech Material
  • Fusion Core

[tabs: Research]
Current:
008/100 - Construction Methods
076/100 - Scrap Organization
006 + 40 +18 = 64/200 - First Aid
026/150 - Distance Talkers
028/100 - Searching
99 + 45 = 144/250 - Power Generation
44 + 23 = 67/100 - Teamwork

Completed:

200/200 - Removal of water from lower levels
100/100 - Upgrade Health Services to Lvl 2.
100/100 - Material Transportation

[tabs: Construction]
Current:
120 /200 - Towers (4x) - One at each corner of the wall
72 + 1 = 73/200 - Wall ÔÇô This is a initial wall around the center of what the Computer hopes will be a much larger compound. This wall will encircle about 4 acres of land within 4 walls. (The vault entrance takes up a good chunk of this area)
000/200 - Motorized Pump ÔÇô This device would allow the pump to be plugged into the main power network of the vault meaning that it would work at a better rate than when manned by dwellers.
Structures/Houses - There are currently 0 structures that could act as housing or for storage of materials. Currently, all building materials, scrap, etc are stored open to the air and elements.
023 + 12 = 035/100 - Level 4 Cleanup ÔÇô this floor had been partially flooded, and traces of the irradiated water and muck need to be removed before it is safe to inhabit once again.
027/100 - Health Services Upgrade (requires 1 Tech Material to complete) - will allow greater levels of healing while HS is active.
023/150 - Firehouse Forward Base ÔÇô work has begun on converting the firehouse into an outpost
034/??? - Brahmin Cart ÔÇô able to be used to pull materials, and used to till fields with modification
Completed:
100/100 - Manual Pump ÔÇô With 2-4 dwellers assigned to this device, the water can be slowly removed from the lower levels.
100/100 - LookOuts ÔÇô One at the bridge as it leaves the island, the other near the vault, currently set into the wall which is incomplete. (Will act as one of the gates for the entrance once wall is complete

[tabs: Characters]
Quarg - Alexis "Kis" Carson (Female, 23 years old) Currently comatose
(S: 5, P: 4, E: 5, C: 5, I: 7, A: 6, L: 4)
  • Crumpled Fedora
  • Battered Sword (x1)
  • Faded Letter
  • Rifle (x1)
  • Leather Duster (x1)

Burns ÔÇô Charton Rowe (Male, 34 years old)
(S: 4, P: 4, E: 4, C: 4, I: 5, A: 3, L: 7)
Gathers ÔÇô Jamie Knight (Female, 36 years old)
(S: 4, P: 6, E: 5, C: 5, I: 6, A: 5, L: 6)
PatDragon ÔÇô Molly Harris (Female, 39 years old)
(S: 4, P: 5, E: 6, C: 6, I: 7, A: 4, L: 6)
Runsaround ÔÇô Isaac Hamilton (Male, 40 years old) Currently comatose
(S: 2, P: 5, E: 6, C: 2, I: 5, A: 5, L: 4)
NotStickFigures ÔÇô Cecil Hunter (Male, 35 years old)
(S: 3, P: 5, E: 3, C: 7, I: 5, A: 3, L: 5)[/tabs]

[AREA EXPLORED]

Summertime

With Jonah Murphy back from his efforts in the siege, the sale of goods was concluded and caps and items were changed hands until the vault found themselves with a lighter wallet but finally something they could grow in this wasteland. In addition, Jonah asked the vault dwellers what items they might need in the future and found himself overwhelmed by the responses that he got. He promised that he would do his best to provide them with their requests, though he was reluctant to tell anyone where they were located. The idea of using the Firehouse as a welcome center intrigued him and he finally agreed to point anyone he found who needed a home in their direction. When the trading was finally completed, Jonah tipped his hat and left, telling them that he would try to return in a year or so when he had collected what they had asked for.

With the battle for the firehouse finally finished, the Computer began to re-evaluate the chances of the dwellers to survive in this unforgiving wasteland. The three raiders that were knocked unconscious were somewhat treated by Jamie and her group, enough to keep them from bleeding to death, then tied and carried back to the vault. With the dwellers return to the vault, the Computer dolled out assignments as if this were any other season.

The aftermath of the battle saw the loss of life of one of the dwellers as well as multiple injuries from the battle that had commenced. Thus, the Computer assigned 11 dwellers to Health Services, it also sent the 3 raiders to Health Services for evaluation. In order to one day use the 4th level again, the Computer thought it best to send 3 dwellers to continue to clean it up. In addition, 4 dwellers were assigned on fixing up the firehouse, 4 dwellers were assigned to guard duty, 7 dwellers were assigned to planting crops, 3 dwellers were assigned to research first aid, 7 dwellers were assigned to research additional power sources, 4 dwellers were assigned to research teamwork and 4 dwellers were assigned to convert scrap material into building materials.

The awakened ones chose several assignments of their own to work on. Molly Harris persuaded 2 dwellers to help her build a cart, Jamie persuaded 4 dwellers to help her cut up the Raiders from the siege, Carlton persuaded 2 dwellers to help him research additional power options and Cecil persuaded 1 dweller to help him to build walls. Isaac's coma continued and Kis, after the up front personal experience of the battle, became withdrawn and lapsed into a state of silence.

A good amount of improvement was seen to the health of the 11 dwellers who were sent through the caring metal hands of Health Services. There were a handful though whose bodies had been so damaged during the fighting that it would take a much longer recovery than just 3 months to heal. There were also some dwellers which seemed more susceptible to radiation than others. It was possible that this was from years of hiding in a minimal radiation environment, but as there was no research or study done to prove this point, it was merely conjecture. The bandits were dumped unceremoniously onto the metal bed before closing the lid to the metal box that served as the "checkup" area of the autodocs. The original designers at Vault-Tech found that even including a small window in the box was overly frightening to the normal citizens who would watch as the metal hands poked and prodded at the person locked within. They also found that, for those who were not used to being fondled by cold metal hands, it was best for them to be sedated. Thus, as the metal box which housed the various needles and mechanical hands of the AutoDoc closed, those who had dumped the 3 bandits into the boxes walked away from the machines without worrying too much about those they had locked within. The process of "evaluation" was a quick one and within just a few hours after they were sent in, a small bell chimed to inform anyone who cared that what was within was now done being tested. The indicator lights on two of the three boxes held a steady green light, but the third was flashing red. Further inspection found that one of the Raiders hadn't made it through the check up process. The dead body was sent down to the crematory and burned. The other two Raiders, were firmly cuffed to the sides of the beds that they were transferred to, in an observation room separate from the dwellers. It wasn't entirely sound proof, and the dwellers could faintly hear them calling out.

"Hey! Anyone out there?"
"It was all a misunderstanding!"
"Yeah, a misunderstanding!"
"We wouldn't want to hurt you or the vault!"
"We can help!"
"We didn't know you were here, if we'd known, we wouldn't have fought for Brock!"
"He was a real asshole, I'm glad one of you shot him down."
"Let us out... please?"
"We can be valuable to you!"
"I... I'm Wilbert Marsh... pleased to... meet you?"
"Uh... same. I'm Edwin Griffith... please don't eat us..."

The continued work on cleaning up level 4 was slow to improve, this was possibly due to the extreme caution that was shown by the 3 dwellers who were assigned to the task as they moved about like lumbering dinosaurs in their large yellow Hazmat suits. Always on the lookout for something that might rip a hole in their suits, the three of them wandered around in the flickering red darkness equipped with brushes, mops and a few buckets that could be spared to the project. The main concern that they reported back to the Computer with was the openly irradiated water that was just sitting in the stairwell down to the 5th level gave them the uneasy sense of being watched from the murky water. Even so, the cleanup continued and the workers were able to get a nearly a third of the 4th level cleaned. Two of the dwellers took some Rads during their efforts.

The prospect of using the Firehouse as a forward base that was a few miles from the vault was exciting in the sense that it offered the possibility of both meeting the world and remaining hidden from the world. Plus, though Jonah had been reluctant about the possibility of leading or giving directions to refugees that he found on his journeys, the potential for new citizens to join their growing empire led their thinking in the direction of needing a location that was separate from the vault. When this solution to keeping themselves hidden was mentioned to Jonah, he seemed more willing to guide lost people groups back here as a sort of refuge from the otherwise hostile world. The 4 dwellers that the Computer sent to fix up the firehouse were a nightmare in the making. It all started when one of them happened upon a hidden cache of booze from pre-war days. Figuring they had stumbled upon a gold-mine they began to drink as if the world had ended (which it had). Try as they might to work on the firehouse, they destroyed the majority of the 11 building materials that were onsite creating 15 building scrap. Overall, little work was done, but thankfully the dwellers managed to clean up the vomit that they spewed all over the floors.

There was so many things that needed built that the 4 dwellers that were assigned to creating Building Materials hurried as much as they could to combine and recycle the building scrap into as many BM's as possible. Over the season, a total of 6 building materials were created and while this wasn't a lot, the dwellers were overjoyous at their success in creating something useful. Near the end of the season, with their work coming to a close, the dwellers were moving the finished materials to the "haphazard stack" of BM's and carelessly placing the finished pieces. As the last piece was victoriously set in place, the bottom piece in the stack slipped and the entire pile fell, demolishing 5 of the 6 building materials they had created. Worse yet, the stack fell on the two dwellers who had been doing the stacking. (Talk about irony) The dwellers were damaged for 6 HP each.

On the research front, a total of 14 dwellers were sent to the library along with Charton the now famed researcher. Charton and his two followers plus an additional 5 dwellers locked themselves in a small private study area in the library to pore over the research material about pre-war electricity. A great deal of process was made and the entire group found themselves with an increased understanding of electric producing machines. Additional information about "Wind Collected energy" was found which truly electrified the research team. The 3 dwellers who were assigned to research "First Aid" also made a good deal of progress, despite how few of them there were to do the actual researching. Multiple useful books were found on the subject of first aid including a handy one called "A Boy Scouts guide to Natural First Aid". The most intriguing part of this book was information about medicine that could be created from herbs and flowers found in the world. Sadly, these poultices would be difficult to create in a world in which these plants no longer exist in their original form. The 4 dwellers who were assigned to research Teamwork also made great strides in their work. They discovered something mysterious called "The Milk of Human Kindness". This so called Milk granted the power of compassion to those who drank it with its powers, Teamwork would finally be within the grasp of the vault dwellers. The only issue was that they had no idea where to find this Milk, nor what animal it could be acquired from.

The 4 dwellers who were placed on Guard Duty for the season quickly found that they needed to be in too many places at once. With only 4 of them and having no fast way to get from one location to another, nor any way in which to speak to one another over long distances, they made do with a semi-regular patrol between the Firehouse and Vault. This method had the most amount of success, but luckily for them, it was quiet this summer. A few mole rats and a few other woodland creatures were brought down (adding 4 units of food to the Vault stores) with the pop of a gun, but there were no major attacks nor surprising events.

When it came time to planting the seeds that they had purchased, the dweller known as Derek Goodman, though he was injured, was quick to giving advice and answering questions on how to properly plant the crops and use the gardening tools. The crops were planted along the north wall of the compound, with the hopes that should the wall ever get completed, their food source would be more secure against invaders and wild animals. The 7 dwellers, following the former slaves guidance, the 10 units of mutfruit were planted in a long row, with enough distance from the wall to be allowed to grow into the bush that he said it would become. He also mentioned that this bush wouldn't be ready for at least a year from now, but once it was mature it would produce a sizable amount of fruit every year. The 10 units of Melon seeds were then planted in a small cluster by themselves in the crook of the North and West wall. He explained that the melon plants would need the space to sprawl out and that the melons would mature by the fall season and be ready for harvesting. Furthermore, he explained that with care, additional seeds could be extracted from the melons for an even bigger harvest in the years to come. Sadly, the fresh food wouldn't last forever and would need to be eaten first, before the dwellers went back to eating from their canned supplies. Finally, they planted the 10 units of tato seeds in front of the MutFruit plants. Derek explained that these too would be ready by the fall season and would produce a good amount of food. He further explained that both the mutfruit, Tatos and melons had seeds within them that could be replanted and that care should be taken when eating them to save as many as possible.

Molly Harris and the two dwellers that she convinced to help her build the cart quickly got to work, using the blueprints that the research group had made. Wheels and axles were collected from a myriad of rusted out cars and finally some building materials were collected from the resource pile and slowly put together. The work was slow for Molly and the two Dwellers as they slowly and carefully lifted the heavy pieces and put them together. By the end of the season, they had constructed a simple cart that could be pulled either by the Brahmin or by some dwellers. The cart was usable as it was, but if more work were to be put into it, it would be able to carry more as well as hold up longer. In total 22 BS were used.

Cecil convinced a dweller to help him to continue building the wall, but the work was extremely slow, mostly because it was a strength taxing job, with only two dwellers. Throughout the entire season, the 2 of them were only able to raise 1 wall panel in total. In total 1 BM was used.

Jamie was able to persuade 4 dwellers to help her with the dissection of the bodies of the raiders. It was a bloody and gruesome job, especially with the damage that had been done to the bodies with clubs and guns, but nevertheless, the 5 dwellers dug into the bloody corpses until their hands and bodies were soaked in blood. Initially, the dissection was focused on just opening up the body cavity and examining the organs within. Eventually, focus was made on limiting how damaging their cuts were as well as trying to understand the organs and muscles within. The triumphant moment for the team was when Jamie successfully extracted a Kidney, still intact, from one of the raiders. This triumph, led the first aid team to realize that perhaps in the future they could save the lives of dwellers by harvesting organs from raiders. Once Jamie and her team had finished with their dissecting of corpses, they washed up, then trundled the corpses back to the vault and sent them down to the crematorium, where they were burned until not even bones remained.

At the end of Summer, the lights begin to flicker and dim in Health Services, and the dweller who had been assigned there for the season were glad to be able to resume other tasks in the vault, though grateful for the healing they received while there. Nicolas Goodman, the former slave they rescued is feeling much better and expresses his desire to help out around the vault. A bit worrisome were the two catatonic forms of Kis Carson and Isaac Hamilton, neither of whom had regained activity during the last three months. Power was diverted to the Research Labs in the library, the consoles of the research stations glowing to life.

Voting Options for Fall:

CP = Character Player
NCP = Non-Character Player

(Non-Character Players have 3 votes for this Section)
A. Assign 2 or 4 dwellers to the manual pump in order to remove water from the lower levels
(Note: No less than 2 and no more than 4 dwellers can work on the pump)
B. Assign sick, damaged, or irradiated dwellers to recuperation in Health Services
C. Manually reclaim and recycle building scrap into building materials
D. Send a group of dwellers outside to scavenge for building materials
E. Send a group of dwellers outside to scavenge for Food/Water
F. Assign a group of dwellers to guard duty
G. Assign a crew to the 4th level to continue cleaning and sanitizing so that it can be put to use again
H. Assign a crew to continue upgrading Health Services (HS cannot be actively powered)
I. Tend crops
J. Send a group of dwellers out of the Vault to build above ground structures
  1. Construct Houses/Buildings
  2. Construct towers (formerly "Defensive Structures")
  3. Continue constructing wall (about 1/2 finished)
  4. Outfit the firehouse as a forward base

K. Research:
  1. Upgrade Health Services to Lvl 3 (Decrease time to heal, Increase amount of heal)
  2. Construction Methods(Decrease construction time, Increase success rate)
  3. Scrap Organization(Increase success amount produced)
  4. Building Material Hauling(Increase amount collected per person)
  5. Teamwork (Encourages increased amounts of efficiency, especially when materials run out or are non-existent)
  6. Distance Talkers (Allows guards to "come to the rescue", This uses the guards Critical Successes to help alleviate explorers and scavengers Critical Fail's)
  7. Power options
  8. Searching during times of strife
  9. First Aid (allow for some healing independent of HS)

L. Clear more land on the Vault Island for future planting or building

Voting Options: (NCPs have 1 vote for this Section (CPs have 0), A New system needs at least 2 more votes than the currently powered system in order to be powered)
Power a different System for Summer (currently Research)
1. Do not change
2. Vault defenses - (Increased ability to successfully defend vault against enemies
3. Bar & Lounge - (Allows dwellers to relieve some stress), (increased chance of baby making)
4. Health Services
5. Barracks/Armory - (Allows for the creation of new or customized weapons using scavenged resources)
6. School - (Gives a +1 INT increase to the stats of Children who attend at least 6 years)
7. Material Reclamation and Recycling (Turn collected scrap into base materials)
8. Workshop - (Decreases time needed to combine base materials into parts)
9. Kitchen - (Remove radiation from food/water(1 unit of Food/Water per month))
10. Water Filtration - (Needs to be repaired first)
11. Hydroponic Farms - (Needs to be repaired first)
12. Antenna Array - (Needs to be discovered/repaired first)[/list][/list]

Voting Options for 2 Captured Raiders:

You're welcome to wait, pending dialogue with Raiders before voting here.
(Both CP and NCP have 1 vote in this section.)
1. Abandon them in HS as it shuts down for the season
2. Chain them up outside
3.Keep them restrained, but put them to work
4.Sell them to any passing slavers
5.Free them
6.Let them join the Vault
7. Kill, dissect and cremate them
8. Let them join the community on a trial basis

Voting Options for 3 Pregnant Dwellers: (Both CP and NCP have 1 vote in this section.)
1. Assign them jobs as normal
2. Assign them to less strenuous jobs
3. Kill, dissect and cremate them
4. Bed rest

Last edited by spiderwrangler on Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The_Colonel
Mutters to Themself

Post by The_Colonel » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:19 am

Yay! New turn!

General votes:
H (that's why we're powered down - we'll need to rush the tech materials from the firehouse though)
Edit C (just realised we can't J# until we've got some BMs ... and IIRC we need some for the health services upgrade as well)
K7 (looking first for a Vault-Tec/RobCorp/Posideon/Whoever manual on the installation and removal of power cores - we could do without mini-nuking any more of our compatriots)

Power Voting:
Umm... health services please, once they're upgraded let's test them out on anyone who's still manky. Plus, winter was hard on us last year and we'll probably need them.

Prisoner Handling:
I'd like to have them interviewed by someone with a decent CHA score (Cecil or Molly would seem good if we need a character) - to determine if they are fit to be reintegrated into society. If they are (I think Jonah said most of Brock's band were desperate escaped slaves) we should go for #6 - people who know the outside and have combat experience may be useful in the days to come. Also, they may have other skills that we lack. If they are evil I would suggest using them as mirelurk bait - we don't need villains who know where we are.

Expectant mothers:
2. ... we've seen the chaos caused by "work till you drop" last year.

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:40 pm

H - I agree with the Colonel here and more votes mean more workers.
D - Yep, we need more building material. And as we currently aren't that good in recycling building scrap... Also we need more stuff to sell, for the day on which Murphy comes back.
K5 - We are again and again running out of something or people are not working together if there are only a few of them... Bored of that.
K3 - I am also tired of the slow and unreliable use of our recycling force.

Power : I agree, Health, especially with winter and pregnancies around the corner.

Prisoners : Agree with the Colonel here... We should also definitely let the former slaves in to the discussion. Derek might have to say a word or two to that...
If we find them trustworthy, Let them join. If not... Kill them off. In no way am I burdening us with slaves, which already ran away (making us evil guys, too...) or let villains run free, who know where we are.

Pregnant Dwellers : Actually, 4. Have them relax, not work, so that the best possible chance of a birth without problems is given. We're running out of women here...

Edit : Also, people, look into that folder. Might tell us something about our captives.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:47 pm

Yes, bed rest should have been an option for the pregnant women, that has been edited back in.

Health Services is now a power option (missed that too).
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

twistedstraka
Of Few Words

Post by twistedstraka » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:07 pm

Voting options
Dweller assigning: k7 j4 f
Power 4
Raider 6
Preg: as much as I want to vote 3 ill vote 2

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:02 pm

Molly reads the folder.

Will post actions and votes later.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

The_Colonel
Mutters to Themself

Post by The_Colonel » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:57 am

Also, if any of that booze is left (or turns up) let's get it back up to the Vault and into secure storage - we may be able to exchange pre-War booze for something more useful than vomit next time Jonah appears. Or use it as medical stores or for similar things.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:22 am

Voting Options for Fall:
Captured raiders: Can we combine 3 and 6 a little? Like put them to work, but be friendly to them, and also keep an eye on them, until we know them better?

Pregnant females: 2 as much as they feel up to, and 4 when they feel they need it. (They are all adult, hopefully sane and responsible people. They should have a good idea of what they need, so let them decide on their own? Being cooped up in bed for 3 months with no reason is likely to drive them crazy, even if they had a book to read or some other way to distract themselves.)

GM question:
What happened to that extracted kidney? Did Jamie just put it back to be cremated with the rest of the body?

Will come up with action for Jamie later, have to run now.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:48 am

The kidney was not saved, but the knowledge on successfully removing one was. You had no instructions for what to do with a spare kidney, and there is currently no one in need of one. There will be more dead bodies in the future and should you want to start storing their organs in jars of formaldehyde (or equivalent), I'm sure that could be made possible.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:10 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:00 am

I'd like to remind people, that we NEED to get that Health System upgrade done this month or it will mean another month without HS up in the future. So, voting on building other stuff this month (which would take the precious building materials away which we are actually just making/collecting again - and workers, too). Of course it's your votes, but I'd suggest voting for the upgrade and build any other stuff next month. ;)

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:11 am

After reading the folder of papers Molly will head over to the new captives and ask them a few questions.

"So how can you be valuable to us? What are your skills? If you give good answers we may...consider not "getting rid" of you.
---- some answers-----
--- then more question ---
How did you become slaves?
What was the name of your slaver?
Is he still hunting you?
Might he come he?
How did you escape being slaves?
What brought you into the company of Brock?
We defended ourselves and killed your fellows, do you bear ill will to us now?
Were there any other is your band?
Will they be coming to find you?
If that was all of you did you have a base with gear we might be able to salvage?
--any more other people want to chip in with --

Hmm... interesting... Well if you pass a trail period helping us we might be more willing to consider all this a misunderstanding."
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:50 am

Cecil will most certainly join Molly and try to get a feel about the men and whether they are truthful or are just trying to tell us what we want to hear.

He will bring out a crudely drawn map of the area they have explored, (but with little really be shown on it) and ask them if they can expand it with their knowledge.