The Age of Dragons (Year 1051)

Home to all current Forum Games.
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: The Age of Dragons (Year 1051)

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:11 am

*snore*
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:32 am

As Winter lands he eyes the village and looks upon it's people and buildings, keeping an eye out for any sailors or merchants who might have metal items in case he has to enforce his fathers laws as this village has the most opportunity to gain them. He then lets Will dismount to do as he wishes for now so he can rest and tries to act and sound royal.

To the elder whom addressed him
"How may we help you?"
"Greetings... elder of the village, I hope this day finds you and the village well. We three will be just resting here before we begin on a journey, a task for my father. Will will most likely fly towards the Hub first to make land so perhaps you can confirm for me a few things while I am here. How long does it normally take a ship to get from the port to the great continent if the winds are with it ? And is I've never been to the Hub what are its people like there?
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:29 am

Az mentally sighs. <how does me ising your power gain you power? And if one used minor spells would you gain less than more powerful spells or would your power be drained more greatly from a powerful spell?>

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:13 am

This will live on, but not at the moment. I'm slammed at work, with people quitting and new people getting hired and me being given more and more hats to wear.

I'm hoping that by December things slow down, I will let you know more as I do.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:09 am

*This game is officially ended, but Spider convinced me that it would be better to end it by closing the story-lines than just dropping off the face of the map. Thus, the Conclusion of Age of Dragons*

The Dragon known as Sapphire spent several years flying across the small continent that had been entrusted in her care. Though the color of her scales were varying shades of blue, she had become known on the island as the Green Mother. She aided the trees, woodland creatures and the elves in the north in stopping the forward march of humanities efforts to control the land by destroying everything in their path. With her acting as a mediator a truce was created between the humans and the land and a new dawn of peace started. The only true thorn in her side was her nest-sibling Tha'zkrel. His dark dealings had caused a large rift in the magic world. In an effort to stop the island from erupting into a war, Sapphire convinced her nest-mate to move westward along with his minions, claiming the large island for himself, which was still caught up in the middle of it's civil war. With time, the human kingdom crumbled amidst treachery and treason and Sapphire eventually found herself being crowned Queen of the land as the people trusted her to lead them as no human ruler could.

Tha'zkrel's plan to kill the traitors had neared completion. By empowering his undead dire wolf to near sentience and ambushing the group as they returned with the goats, he managed to kill the traitor leader with minimal damage to the other kobolds other than a few lost limbs. With Silver's help, as his ambush completed, the other traitors lives were ended as well and he found that his little kingdom had finally settled down into a peaceful existence again. He continued training his abilities with magic, specifically chaos, and he found himself enjoying the surprise of discovering what he had accidentally made each time. The kobolds resurged in strength under his rule and their numbers multiplied exponentially over the years. The blacksmith under his care stayed true to his word and created all manners of weapons and armor for his kobold followers. As they continued to gain in strengh, he began to send them out towards the human villages within striking distance, starting with the mines, and began to lay waste to them. This caused a great amount of strife between dragons and humans and it was at this point that Sapphire stepped in. With the might and threat of all of the magic that she and her allies held, they were able to "convince" Tha'zkrel to move on to other lands. Though he was strong and powerful himself, he was far from stupid. Tha'zkrel gracefully took his leave and took his follows (all 5,000 of them) west, toward the wartorn land that still had not been able to end their civil war. Upon landing and within the next 5 years, Tha'zkrel had all but conquered all of the western island and claimed it as his own. He placed himself as King of the land and the humans under his control suffered from his reign.

Malerack disappeared.

Shrak'laræ & Cyrano stayed in Draktera and studied under it's king for several years until becoming masters of the magic that he taught. They found that living in communion with the humans was enjoyable and after many years, the king accepted them as adopted sons into his kingdom.

Azabik, Winter & Krazk (+ Puck & Will) made their way across the ocean to the great continent and though their journey was fraught with peril and danger as they traveled NorthEast, following the lodestone that hung around Winters neck. It was on their journey that they ended up being led to a mountain temple full of world renowned healers who were able to encase the demon within Azabik so that it could no longer plague his mind, but even they didn't have the power to withdraw it from him without causing danger to his life. It seems that fate had brought them to this place, as there, miles above them in the sky was a large dot that seemed to be dancing upon the wind. While this could have been any other dot, Winter was fascinated that the rock about his neck, now floated freely in the air toward the dot as well as following it as it danced across the sky. The understanding of where Sky-Sorrow was finally sunk in with both understanding and sorrow, as it was much higher in the sky than any dragon had ever been known to flown. The monks and healers of the temple were able to give two bits of insight however. The told of a desert land far to the east which had a massive volcano upon it which was still active. This volcano was also one of the tallest mountains in the world and could potentially provide the height that the group needed, though they were unsure when or how long it would take before Sky-Sorrow was close enough for this to work. Believing this to be their only shot, the group traveled eastward towards the fire-sands. While the danger of the land was evident in the massive sand-wurms which burrowed beneath the hot sand only to burst out unawares as well as several other dangerous creatures, the less evident danger was the lack of water. A series of mishaps led the group to a Dragon Clan known as the Fire-Clan. The fact that Will and Puck were allowed to travel with them was frowned upon by the clan, but as they were friends of their guests they made nice and were even surprised with what Will could offer them with his skills as a wind wizard. Once the group told the Queen of the Fire-Clan their intentions, she agreed to help them as long as they helped her until such a time as the floating island was within flying distance. Thus, a pact was made that saw the group help the fire-clan beat back the sand-wurms which had claimed large swathes of desert. They were forced to wait for 4 years, and in that time they helped the Fire-Clan reclaim almost all of the desert as their own, until the day arrived that the dot came into sight once more. Flying to the top of the volcano was no easy task, but Will's talent with the Wind helped immensely and from the top they were able to use the heat from the vents and lava to quickly reach dizzying heights. The sudden lack of readily available oxygen caught Will unawares and he passed out and began to fall back toward earth. Krazk however was able to save him as he fell and they quickly winged their way to the floating island.

Upon piercing a light fog that hung about the island, their lungs filled anew with air as if by some form of magic. The island was more beautiful than anything they could have ever imagined and as they settled to the ground they found that even with the new air they had been given, it had instantly been taken away. Three Dragons and a Human stood there, speechless, mouths open wide. Puck, having lived here as a child smirked, but tears still welled up in his eyes at the sight. The whole island seemed to glow with some inner beauty that made even Krazk breathless. However, the beauty of it all was tainted by the very presence of Azabik, in which the demon had grown stronger and restless.

Upon reaching the lost island, Azabik was taken in by the High elves who ruled their and they were able to purge him of the demon, who was cast back into the abyss where it had crawled from. Having been thus freed and although he was welcomed to stay, he chose to go back his nest-mate Sapphire. Thus reunited, he helped the Green Mother in her rule and defense of the land that he had so long ago come to. Winter's sister, having heard of his arrival, went south to find him and began to court him as a father to her eggs.

Youngest Son of a Dragon King, Winter longed more than anything to return home to his Father and mother and tell them of the adventures that he had had. He stayed on Sky-Sorrow a few years until the land below began to look familiar again and with the cities blessing, dropped from the sky-city back down to the world below, promising that he would one day return again. However, several years after his return, his father announced that he wanted to retire from his role of King and passed on the mantle of rule to his youngest son, Winter.

The Dragon of shimmering beauty, Krazk, had become only more beautiful as she got older and having led the small group to their destination had also been welcomed to the city with open arms as a permanent display. As even the High elves found her beauty breathtaking and desired for her to become a staple of the city, matching its beauty with her own. She became a Queen in her own right as although she ruled nothing, she was sought after by all manner of creatures and beings that lived upon the skyland who wanted nothing more than to watch her longingly for hours on end. Eventually, ceremonies were created for both dawn and dusk and the entire city turned up to watch as the sunlight glittered upon her scales.
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:08 pm

I may have been the last to join and didnt get to do as much but thanks for running the game and giving us an ending.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:37 pm

Thank you for the game and the ending badge :) I hope you'll have time to run another in the future.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:13 am

Thanks all, badge for running the game and everyone else for making interesting characters and contributing to the story.

Agreed, it's much nicer to have an "ending", even though her becoming a Queen of the humans is about the last thing I would have had planned for Sapphire. (I'm not objecting to the idea, it's just something she wouldn't have actively pursued, as having a ruler would meddle with the free will of the individual.) :lol: I really like the "green mother" bit, though.

Too bad Winter (and his family) and Sapphire never met (in game), that might have been interesting.

And well... since Dragons live so long, there's really no reason there couldn't be a sequel or something. :lol:

I'd totally enjoy playing a kobold in Tha'zkrel's "empire".
I'm still mourning the abrupt ending of the game Kobold Mine and NOA's leaving (or MIA or however you want to call it). :(
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler