The Age of Dragons (Year 1051)

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Age of Dragons (Year 1051)

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:10 am

When the human has his stuff around, Tha'kzrel will experiment providing flame, starting low, and even and increasing heat as needed.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:12 am

"that would be most welcome. Thank you"

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:49 am

Plan the next days trip, then snoor too. Mainly just want to check a map and some books for a refreshers on what to expect on the morrow.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:01 am

*Convergence*
The group of dragons agreed to the kings request of staying one last night and began making plans on how to travel northeast of Drak'Tera. Will once again offered his abilities as a Wind Wizard to aid the group in getting to Eden (aka The Great Continent) and thus, a plan was made and the group tucked into their guest area after devouring the supplied food and slept the night away peacefully. The morning came early, and after all of the dragons had awoken and breakfast was had, they walked out to the courtyard to leave. The King and Queen, in their natural form, came with them in order to see them and their favorite son off on his maiden journey.

As the party was making last minute preparations, another dragon dropped out of the sky, falling exhausted to the ground, but it was the form on its back that the others noticed, as it was their nest-mate Azabik. Alyssa, wearing from the long flight as well as the extra burden, moved slowly toward the others. Gone was her pomp and swagger that she normally walked with as all could tell that she was dead tired.

*Timeless Sleep*
Sapphire woke with a snort to a low roll of thunder and found that she had only slept for perhaps an hour. She could see a storm was brewing to the east of her and moving in her direction. As she watched, the sky began to darken.

*Forged by Fire*
Tha'kzrel watched and helped as Edward dug through the family belongings in search of his forging materials, when he finally finds them, a low rumble echoes throughout the cavern and looking out from the cave, he sees that a storm has begun to brew overhead. When Edward finally comes up with the Crucible, he places a sample of metal ore in it and places it out of the way of otherwise burnable items. Tha'kzrel begins to experiment with providing flame to the crucible. Through his various attempts, he finds that the best is when he provides heat directly to the bottom of the crucible. Due to the crucible sitting close to the ground, this is very difficult, but he finds that when he pools the gases separately that combine to make fire, he is rewarded with heat directly to the bottom of the bowl.

Times:
Gathers: afternoon
Spider: Morning
Pat, Quarg, Thinks, Burns: Morning
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:41 am

Azabik grunts as he awakes from the sudden stop. "What? Where am- Oh no! I didn't mean to." He looks at his nest mates with tired eyes and hides away from them, embarrassed. He looks at the larger dragons and looks up at them. <Hi, Could you help me with something?>

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:19 am

"azkabik?! What is going on? How did you get here?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:39 am

*keeps going until ore is melted*
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:58 am

Azabik's eyes widen as the golden dragon asks that question, he reluctantly comes out of hiding. "I was flying but I fell asleep along the way and Alyssa carried me here.Everything is wrong."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:05 pm

Krazk blinks at Azkabik's lack of manners.

Turning to the king and queen:

"I apologise. This dragon is Askabik. He is one of our kin... Though I do not know how he has come to be here."

She waits politely for the king and queen to speak since this is their party and she does't want to presume.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:32 am

Sapphire sighs and looks around for shelter for herself, wondering if the magical tree is strong enough to withstand a storm, or if she should avoid it because of falling branches. Perhaps there is a cave in the mountain walls here somewhere?
If she can't find any, she'll just curl up somewhere in the valley, wrap her tail and wings around herself and sit it out. Further if she has the magic left in her, she'll try to use the bubble that keeps water/solid objects out and lets air in, cast around herself.

In any case she'll encourage the sheep to either stay in the tree - if they seek it - or around her, under her wings.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:40 am

Noticing how tired his sister and the new comer are. Winter Is both a little concerned and suspicious of this new comer. Arriving here exhausted with his sister is just something that seems suspicious to him.

to his sister--
<Looks like you found another one of these new dragons; sister and one slightly more inexperienced or reckless... with conserving energy. It was a good thing you found him but it looks like even you with your abundance of...spirit only just made it, are you ok? >

To all-
" If he can walk perhaps we should take him to the sleeping chambers to rest"

He looks to Krazk
"Do you wish to delay taking off to Eden to talk to your kin? We should be ok to spare an hour now if my planning is correct for what we can travel in a day.
I'm sure he will be well taken care of here so he can rest and eat before he continues on his own journey.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:50 am

Krazk sniffs and turns away from Azkabik, disapproving enormously at his lack of manners and struggling to keep the embarrassment off her face.

"I am not sure he is in a fit state to speak at the moment." Moving closer to Azkabik, she hisses angrily at him: "Azkabik! What is going on?! Are you hurt?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:37 am

Azabik flinches when Krazk hisses at him in anger, he's not sure what to say. "I....I ... I don't think you would like what I'd tell you. .....I'm not hurt....physically." Azabik tries to be vague and lowers his head, surprisingly not looking at the world around him like he used to.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:55 pm

*Something Wicked This way comes*
As Alyssa limps slowly, dead tired toward the castle, the king gives her a long stare before nodding his head in the direction of the rest she needed. "We'll speak later." he said before turning back to the newest dragon to join them. He waits patiently before stepping toward the young charcoal black dragon. "I sense a great evil within you, if you wish to harm me or my family or these young dragons which are under my protection, I will not hesitate to stop you."

Alyssa responds weakly to her brother "I'll be fine little brother, look out for yourself."

*The Day it Rained Forever*
The storm took its time getting to the valley which gave plenty of time for Sapphire to coax the two sheep into the newborn tree cave. However, as the tree was much too small to fit her form she looked around at the cliffs until she found a sizable overhang which would fit one or two dragon sized creatures beneath its rocky arms. Here she huddled into a small ball to wait out the storm. As slow as it was to get there, the rain fell fast and heavy.

*A Pleasure to Burn*
Tha'kzrel ignores the incoming storm and continues to focus on melting the ore. With time and patience he is rewarded as the ore finally melts into a pool at the bottom of the crucible.

Edward approaches to see what Tha'kzrel has done and nods his head approvingly, quite impressed with the dragon. He fetches a simple die from a small collection and places it on the ground in front of the crucible, then uses a pair of long forceps to pick it up and carefully pour the crucible contents into the prepared die.

"Once I have my workshop set up again I'll be able to get this worked into a more usable shape, but for now I can store it in its raw form until I can use it."

As the metal began to cool in the die, rain began to spit from the sky, causing the Blacksmith to use the forceps to pick up the crucible and hurry into the cave mouth. "If this cools down too quickly it will crack." he said as he scurried about the ledge, putting all of his tools away. Once the crucible was safe, he dashed back out for the die which he carefully carried into the cave as well. "I underestimated how fast your kobolds could work, they're doing a good job and told me they should be done with the house and workshop by weeks end." (~3 days) (When the goats arrive, their new home should be finished as well)

Times
Spider:Late Morning
Gathers: Afternoon
Everyone Else: Late Morning

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:05 pm

Krazk turns to the king in horror.

"an 'evil'? How can this be? Azkabik, stop being cryptic and tell us what happened to you!"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:23 pm

"I don't want to harm anybody. That is why I cane to you, Alyssa said you can help me." he sighs and shudders. "....Yesterday, Sapphire and I were told by someone to check on some witches, whom she thought may have been causing the swamp to grow, which she said we needed to see the leader to know if it was the case. I...I tried talking to them and when I asked to see thier leader I was captured. They forced me to a pool and.....a horrible thing came out and touched my head. It...controlled me and killed the witches. Ever since then I hear it, constantly whispering wanting me to use its power so it can take me over and possibly do horrible things... I fear that I may attack anybody nearby...and that is why I need to find out how to control it without it controlling me.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:33 pm

Tha'kzrel nods in approval, and with the storm breaking over the mountain, seeks out Silvertongue.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:54 pm

Krazk stares at her nest-mate in horror as she speaks while frantically trying to remember any bits of lore she might have heard about mind-controlling evil creatures...

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:36 pm

"If the thing is evil as you say, you wanting to try to control it is purely a secondary option. What we need is to expunge it from you. Father is there anything we can even do about this? It sounds like it could be a huge risk even letting him stay here if this thing can possess body's and maybe jump to a new host."
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:08 pm

"I fear if you try that you may put it to someone else, if I can control it I can do a lot of good. If it wanted to jump bodies, it would have done so. I was on the back of Alyssa for I don't know how long yet the thing resides in me still."

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:34 am

*Second Skin*
As the dragons gathered around in concern for Azabik, his skin began to move causing those surrounding him to step back in caution. As they watched his skin bunched up and then seemed to fall off of him onto the ground only to rise up into the form of a wooden Golem once more. Noticing the shock of the surrounding dragons it held up it's hands as if to warn them off. "Please, do not touch this dragon, as I fear the demon within him desires to transition into a more....pliant host."

The king gave his son a strange look, as finally something in this world surprised the old dragon. "You are correct my son, it would be better to remove the thing from it's current host, but I have no skill with working such magics, it would take a great healer to draw out the entity while preserving the host. Perhaps the Elves of Sky-Sorrow can help this young dragon, but who are you wooden man?"

The wooden golem answered slowly, selecting his words with care. "I too seek the wisdom of the Elves, in the chance that they can help free me from this prison."

As Krazk stared at the scene before her, she tried to remember what she knew about demons. She recalled the following:
They could jump host to host, which was their method for staying in this world. They were wily and tricky and they sought always to trick you into giving into them, at times without you realizing you were doing what they wanted. They could be expunged, but this was at times dangerous for the host, though another method of removal at times in the past was in tricking the entity out of the host and into a lesser creature, like a horse or pig, who could then easily be killed.

*Rolling Thunder*
Tha'kzrel nods in approval of Edwards words and goes off to find Silvertongue. First he asks the diggers for her whereabouts and is pointed toward the cave. A few of the remaining non-loyalist kobolds who were hanging out with the family were able to be coaxed into telling him that she had gone downstairs somewhere. When talking to them, he could tell that he still caused fear within them, but they were doing their best to remain unafraid despite this. Tha'kzrel went down the large steps to the grand chamber but saw no kobolds in which to question.
(You have yet to fully explore the cave)

Times (same)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:50 am

Rainy day explore day then.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:19 am

The undulating skin moving about on this new dragon didn't bother Winter much as it was a similar sight to a transforming ripple, but the wooden golem appearing from it did indeed cause him to be stunned into silence for a moment, before he goes into a bit of a fluster.

"Wait so is Alyssa infected or not? She been in contact with this...corrupted dragon demon host thing...and so have you for that matter...You just rippled off him...maybe your infected too...hell maybe you are the demon... "

At this point if he has a method of determining evil he uses it but i think that's a life magic thing and not transformation/energy thing? If he can't he kind of waits for someone else to chime in to prove him wrong.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:47 am

"There is still the evil in me, not in Alysa nor my friend."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:09 am

"demons can jump hosts... But I don't know how. I do know that they can't be trusted, and I cant trust you or your"friend" until this is resolved one way or another."