Hunters of Letrua OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Hunters of Letrua OOC

Post by Dlover » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:07 pm

You're an excellent husband for taking that time for her to rest.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:43 pm

Dlover wrote:You're an excellent husband for taking that time for her to rest.
Well she's 7mo pregnant so she really needs to!! :)
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:52 pm

I concur that you're doing an admirable (and worthy of imitation) thing there. A lot of partners/parents could learn something from you. :thumbsup:
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:03 am

Are any of the exploration group going to investigate further? Or, y'know, actually do anything? Lookin' at you, Burns. You spent all that time questioning me about what could've caused the marks and you're not even going to investigate ic?
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:27 am

Are you sure I didn't?
Arch Lich Burns wrote:Julius offers the ex-jerky to his little lizard. If it does not take it, he hold it out so the little bugger can eat it when (s)he wants.

He does not mess with the compass quite yet, the range is too short already without avoiding the babies to interfere. He will figure something out, but for now he looks at the borrows, wondering what could have caused such a thing.
► Show Spoiler
Because...I am pretty sure I did. :P

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:41 am

>.> I've already given you what you're going to see just looking at them, and I don't think you'll learn much just wondering at what caused them.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:51 am

....Is that not how you investigate them further? By looking at it more closely to find out what causes such a thing? Ie: looking at tracks? If that is not the case I am not entirely sure what you want me to do, unless you want me to track down these giant monstrosities....which he can do, certianlly but with that big of a track for a creature, he's not going to. And I doubt I can conjure an illusion based off something Julius has never seen before. I suppose i can try that though because I am not hsving Julius follow tracks to this giant beast by himself.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:02 am

A fair point, but I can't think of anything else you can learn from examining these directly. You got any ideas on what sort of details such an examination could bring?
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:50 am

Sorry, my class had their final yesterday, so I'm working on grading that and getting everything set for the end of the semester, once that's taken care of, I'll be more active.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:51 am

Where they are going, how massive are! Damage they can cause.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:22 am

That's understandable, Spider. I've helped mark work before, and it's certainly not quick work.

You have the information you'd use to estimate those already, Burns. Shape, diameter, depth, spacing, those are the things you'd use for working out such things. If Julius were an expert tracker maybe I'd say he can work it out, but being as it is it's on you.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:01 am

I am not sure how you want me to investigate it further without putting himself in danger :shrug: i edited a potential enchantment but i dont think it would work since i have never seen the creature and eould be purely soecultion.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:09 am

Can I just have Korga assist in whatever manner seems useful until I have a chance to review recent posts?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:57 pm

@GM concerning the foot print(s);I dunno what you have given burns. but you can always describe: the shape and amount of toes (if any), the shape and thickness of the claws (if any), the depth of the print, the radius of the print, the general shape of the print (e.g. where are the toes/claws/other particularities of the print), if there's more than one the distance between two steps, if there's one trail (could be from a two legged creature, which sets one foot in front of the other), or more (e.g. two legged creature moving the feet side by side, four legged creatures which move their feet along two lines/trails, ...), whether or not there are signs of any dragging between/leading to/from the print, ...
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:07 pm

...I thought the issue was with this not being Julius's area of expertise? Could be wrong though!

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:10 pm

It is so far from his area of expertise (enchantment/magic only) :lol: which is partly why I am wondering why he's annoyed at me specially on not examining/investigating it when he is just very badly. :p

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:10 pm

I'm mostly just annoyed at everything around me because I got a bunch of assignments dumped on me at once. So I have five assignments to do all of a sudden, and I'm going to have to work so damn hard to just scrape by, because there's no way I can do all of these to full detail in the time I have. But I fucking suck at maths, so there go my hopes of getting a good grade on those classes.
My game:

My characters:

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:58 pm

I'm sorry to hear that.

I am/was fairly good at maths, but naturally I don't know what kind of problems you are getting to solve. If you want, I can take a look at them and try to explain, if that helps. Provided I can make heads or tails of them...
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:50 pm

Ah, it's not so bad. I can at least get by, or I'd not be taking a mathematics double degree, but it takes time. Worst comes and things start looking bad, I'll change my degree to pure games development. It'd be easier to find work with a maths degree under my belt, but not having one is better than failing one.
My game:

My characters:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon May 01, 2017 6:06 am

Korga: The smart one. Olly: The excitable one. Julius: The madman.

... I was starting to consider whether analogies can be drawn between the PCs and the Scooby Doo gang... Probably means it's time to sleep. >.>
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon May 01, 2017 7:13 am

I am preeeettty sure no one is a Daphene. The closest person we have to her is Risu and Risu kicks ass, not being a damsel in distress. Shaggy is also a tough fit, mostly because we don't really have a cowardly stoner person with munchies. Fred is kinda filled sith Loki and Olly, but Olly has more shared traits with scooby. Velma would most likely be taken by Korga. and not sure where Julius would fit in. You'd have to stretch it for him to fit Shaggy's role, only thing they have in common is body type. Most of the 'mad science' roles are taken by bad guys or occasionally Velma.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon May 01, 2017 3:02 pm

You heard it here first, folks, Julius is a bad guy. :P
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon May 01, 2017 3:13 pm

Oh hexis the worst! Giving enchanted items for free to people he barely knows, even making custom items for them, and planning on giving sn npc something as an appology for being an ass...he totally is villan material just because he is pompous arrogant ass :p

Edit...actually I may ask Olly about that now before i forget

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri May 05, 2017 3:37 pm

So initially I was waiting to see if Synch would have time to post, but now I just have so much work to do that I can't actually spare the time to update. So... Temporary hiatus. Hopefully people stop throwing assignments at me and I can get to a point of being able to update. >.>
My game:

My characters:

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri May 05, 2017 9:52 pm

acknowledged. Hang in there. :)
► Show Spoiler