Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by thinkslogically » Tue May 02, 2017 4:44 pm

Come on, well get a great view from up there!

Olly climbs on up. ((Yeah, I know))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue May 02, 2017 5:01 pm

Julius gives Olly a sign and temeports up there, not dealing with climbing. "Okay we're up here, are we going to sit on this one and let it wander around? We have clearer view of everything up here and it will be a relitivly safe place to sleep at. I am not entirely opposed."
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri May 05, 2017 4:55 pm

((Bah sorry, RL kicking my ass.))

Not prey. Will train into hunter, be Squirrel friend, claws and fangs help Squirrel hunt. Back to nest, little cold-blood think aeran hunt prey.

She turns to obscure the aeran, feeding the little repkull morsels and sending it thoughts of safety and protection, with an image of Aeric flying away.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 05, 2017 6:40 pm

(Yeah, Korga isn't climbing up.)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri May 05, 2017 7:13 pm

"Do you want up here Korga? I can get you up here."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 05, 2017 10:36 pm

"NOPE! If it throws you off and tramples you, someone has to tell your story and collect payment for these maps!", Korga says, patting case containing the map in progress.

She will back off and get out a note book, and begin sketching/taking notes if anything happens.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat May 06, 2017 3:49 am

Olly, Korga, Julius
Korga suggests that the group must have found their quarry, standing before the hill, and Olly immediately takes to climbing, declaring that there must be a great view from the top. Julius starts to teleport upward, stopping to ask Korga if she wants to get up there too. When she refuses he teleports up, standing at the top and looking around while Olly's just starting his climb of the hill. The peak sits roughly 50 metres above ground level, though there are countless flat places in the rocky surface, and while the climb is steep, more like climbing a cliff than a hill, the rocks provide plenty of solid handholds, and Olly eventually joins Julius at the top. Looking to the east, the pair can see wide open plains, some rocky areas and small patches of trees sprouting from the ground. From almost directly north flows a river which curves west, then back to the south, splitting into small tributaries to the south-west of their position, and directly west, across the river, they can see a deeper green, likely a forest. Then, to the south, reaches the swampy land the group has just trudged through, spreading south into the distance and west to pass the river's tributaries, likely the cause for the boggy land. North by northwest there's a vague shape on the horizon, the hint of a far-off mountain, though its shape is hard to make out against an ashen grey sky.

Korga stands back, waiting for the great beast to cause catastrophe... Nothing of the sort happens. In fact, there's no sign of movement at all. If this is indeed an abschir, it's staying still, likely sleeping, and it makes sense that a couple of humans scrambling around on its back, too small to even be worth notice, wouldn't pose a chance of waking it.

Risu
Not prey. Will train into hunter, be Squirrel friend, claws and fangs help Squirrel hunt. Back to nest, little cold-blood think aeran hunt prey.
Aeric understand. Tell Aerin. Be good.
Flapping back to their perch, Risu comforts the small repkull, which stays hiding in her shadow for a time longer before cautiously creeping into the warmth of the sun, starting to pluck food from her fingers as she feels a paint sense of trust growing.

Loki
"Well,... since you asked if I had any questions before we begin... what exactly are we going to do here?"
"It's quite simple, really. You're going to enchant. The weapons are all practically scrap, no use for a fight, so you'll be working on those. We'll start simply." Walking toward the table in the centre, a dagger drifts from one of the walls into Marie's hand, and she places it on the table, "My first lesson will be an easy one, something any Enchanter can do. The goal is to change the colour of this dagger for a short time. What you change it to doesn't matter at all, only that you do. Of course, if I only say that it's not nearly so simple, but it's easier than you may think. Those with no experience think we have to feel the flow of Magic and shape it, and indeed those with some experience can feel that flow, identify where it's going, those with great skill can identify what the flow means. But the act of Enchanting is far simpler. As simple as pressing your will upon the world. Focus on the dagger, as hard s you can; In a fight you must split your focus between your enemies and your surroundings, but now I want all that focus to pour into this dagger. Picture it in another colour, and will it to be so. Demand that the world accept your desire as truth."

((As Marie said in her lecture, Temporary Enchantments are rather easier to do than permanent ones. You don't need a particular structure, you just need to tell me what you want to happen, and if it's within your abilities, it will happen. Permanent enchantments will be a bit more complicated. We'll get to those in due time.))
► Show Spoiler
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat May 06, 2017 5:54 am

While Julius is waiting on Olly he makes some rough sketches of a few ideas he had, since he is oretty sure he has no time to make a permanent rune. "Alright Olly, you are on your absir. Now I see some more potential absir's east of here, you want to see them as well?"

What time is it?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat May 06, 2017 6:27 am

Uh, lessee... Mid afternoon, I think.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat May 06, 2017 8:22 am

Loki takes the dagger into his hand, to get a feel for it. He closes his eyes and concentrates. He envisions the dagger in all colours of the rainbow, one hue next to the other, starting at the hilt and changing in the same order or a rainbow, to the very tip of the blade.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue May 09, 2017 4:05 am

Risu continues to send thoughts of protection and safety. She opens up a pouch on her belt and places some morsels in there, hoping to entice the small hatchling into the pouch.

((I assume the hatchling is the same size as a rat, and not like cat-sized or anything. Also, Risu carries a bunch of daggers and weaponry, I figure she has a pouch of some sort :P))
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue May 09, 2017 4:11 am

(If Burns didn't lie about their research on komodos, the hatchling will be about 30cm (12") long. And you can have a pouch, sure.)
My game:

My characters:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 24, 2017 2:49 am

Olly, Korga, Julius
Julius checks the position of the sun, which is half-done with its descent, before turning to point out the rock outcrops he spotted, questioning Olly on whether he wants to check them, though the larger man is too short on breath to reply. As Julius is waiting for Olly's decision, the repkull in Julius' hands chirps at him, nipping his fingers.

Risu
Risu holds out a belt pouch and places some morsels into it, along with a small trail of them. With the mental encouragement, the repkull crawls inside, munching on the meat and radiating a sense of contentment.

Loki
Picking up the dagger, Loki concentrates on it, examining its existence. Once he's got a solid image of it, he pictures the colour shifting from metallic grey to a rainbow. As he changes the mental image, he feels as though he somehow reaches out and wraps the mental image around the dagger, and as he does bands of colour appear on its surface. It flickers slightly whenever Loki's focus wavers, but he holds it solid and Marie nods, "That's it. Almost instinctive, right? That's how it is with temporary enchantments. If you can imagine what you want to achieve, whether you do that through picture or word, and provided you have the strength needed, you can apply your will to the world. That's a very dangerous thing, understand. If you aren't careful, a moment of jealousy, a simple thought, "I wish he would die, can go horribly wrong. You won't have the strength to directly kill somebody with such a thought, but it can have consequences. Such things are very rare, though, requiring extremely strong emotion, and are generally weak. With experience you will come to have a sense for the manipulation of Magic, and once you do this risk will be lessened, enough to be ignored.
Moving on, let's try permanent enchantments. For these you will create an image, a rune, which represents your desire. Apply this to an object, and direct Magic into the rune. It will then draw more power by itself, and apply the desired effect to the object. Release the effect on the dagger. Then take up the pen, and imagine a symbol to represent heaviness. Once you have the image solid in your mind, ink it upon the blade and activate it."
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 24, 2017 3:06 am

Julius, unsure what the little guy wants gets out the ex-jerky meat out for it and holds it in front of the tiny lizard, gently stroking it's back. "I'm thinking... Ragnarock. I think that's a suitsble name."

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri May 26, 2017 3:02 am

Risu slowly stands, and gently strokes the repkull. She removes her hand and leaves it at that, not wanting the bother the repkull any more at the moment other than making sure it is fed and content. She gives Gaul a big grin, "Well I think that went well!"
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri May 26, 2017 8:23 pm

Loki frowns. "Make a dagger heavy? Where's the point in that? It's not a blunt weapon, that would profit from more flywheel mass, or would it?" He scratches his head. "Or did you mean for me to make the dagger induce heaviness into any opponent struck by it, like my halberd and arrows do? I have no idea how to imagine that. It's not a concept I could easily project, like I could with colour."

Assuming that it won't do any good to try and make an enchantment for something he cannot fathom, or one that he finds pointless, as his mind or concentration is likely to trip him up, he suggests:
"I would like to do something else instead. I want to make the dagger's blade sharp, yet not cut human skin or flesh. Can I do both things in one rune? Or should I try two different ones?"

If Marie answered that he can't do both things in one rune, he merely tries to make the dagger's blade permanently sharp, as sharp as any weapon could ever be. Once more he holds the handle, closes his eyes and wills the dagger to change. Temporarily at first, to see if he can do it.
If successful, he will then inscribe a rune upon the dagger to make it permanent. (Probably a mini dagger with some lines radiating from the blade)

If Marie answered that he can do both things in one rune, he does the same as above, but also wills the dagger to not cut human skin or flesh, representing that in the rune as well. (add a stick figure with a single drop of blood drawn from its finger at the point of the dagger and the blood drop crossed out)
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat May 27, 2017 7:34 am

Olly is a little confused for a while, but eventually catches up with the fact the he's standing on the thing he was looking for.

"HOLY- We're standing on it!"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat May 27, 2017 11:25 am

Korga facepalms.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat May 27, 2017 11:29 am

((Olly might be my favourite idiot :lol:))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat May 27, 2017 11:37 am

Julius bites the bottom of his lip, trying not to cause another spat. "Errrrrrr...yes. I think I see more over in that direction." Julius points to more rocky moutianscin the distance. I suppose you want to see them as welk?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:19 am

Olly, Korga, Julius
Julius gives some food to the little repkull and decides to name it Ragnarock, prompting a chirp as it chews on he meat, while he watches Olly ever so slowly realise what's going on. When he does, his exclamation is so loud that Korga, still standing all the way on the ground, can hear him. The carionite pup reacts to her suddenly slapping her face, yipping in concern as it paws at the upraised arm.

Risu
Gaul nods, returning the smile, "It certainly looks like it's happy with you. I can trust you to take good care of it, right?"

Loki
Loki frowns at the suggestion, and offers an alternative, which prompts a shrug from Marie, "It would be useless, yes, but that's another reason to use ink. The main reason is that if you fail you can try again, but weight is something most people can picture easily, and once that's done the ink can be washed away and the useless enchantment erased. If you want to make it sharper you can try it, but the other matter will be more difficult. For one thing, you're still a beginner, so you'll find making more complex permanent enchantments near impossible, and would have to work on two runes. For another, it's extremely difficult to determine the difference between human, demon, and beast. It takes a lot of experience and practice, or a Talent with some relation to the topic. The boy who joined at the same time as you, Julius, he can identify specific identities, but I can't imagine what sort of Talent allows that. Still, I won't stop you from trying. It sounds like a relatively safe attempt, the worst result being that it cannot cut anything or has no effect, and we can erase it afterward."
Loki turns to his task, willing the blade to great sharpness, though the only visible difference is a slight glint to the edge of the blade. Satisfied for the moment, he sets to painting a rune onto the blade. Given a moment to activate the rune, he feels a connection form, and Marie places a strap of leather on the table, "Would you like to test your work?"
► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:14 am

Korga soothes the pup, giving it a bit more jerky to gnaw on if its finished the other.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:16 am

Julius creates a tiny ball of light for Ragnorok to play with, partially wondering when they will move again but not minding the rest either.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:38 am

Loki scratches his head, trying to process the news that humans are difficult to separate from other beings, apparently. He didn't expect that.

"Yes, let's put it to the test. For all we know I just turned it shiny, and while shiny is not exactly a colour, we already covered that lesson." he chuckles at the prospect and after taking the leather from Marie, he carefully attempts to cut it with the blade, keeping his (and Marie's!) fingers well out of the way.
► Show Spoiler