Hunters of Letrua

Home to all current Forum Games.
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:45 am

Yeah, sure. That is assuming that Loki can keep going on (enchanting!) that long. And ofc, keep Odin nearby. :)
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:23 am

When he gets up Julius uses enchantment to get himself clean. He does not wish to smell or look like a hobo.

While Olly is cooking, Julius gets out an extra shirt out and cuts out some fabric out of it to make two makeshift collars, using ink for runes. The rune has a beast face drawing with an x through it. The rune has on it: "wearer is treated as non beast for enchantments.' And 'wearer is treated by the name of x for enchantments' Ragnoroc's collar has x as Ragnoroc and Korga's carionite is 'Korga's carionite'. After he gets done with the two collars he puts them on the beasts and sees how the compass reacts.

► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:46 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:36 pm

Korga examines the felid, harvesting the tail. She gives herself the faintest of scratches with the tip, to verify the toxin is still active, then sets about studying it to determine if it would be possible to harvest felid venom.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:25 pm

Risu attempts to finish off the rottina in front of her with another flurry of strikes, and then moving out of range of the two approaching if she is successful in her takedown.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:19 pm

Olly, Korga, Julius
While Olly works on making breakfast, Korga investigates the felid's corpe, starting with a scratch from its tail. Other than a slight sting, it doesn't seem to do anything else, and there's no sign of venom on the stinger after being left there for the night. It's got to reason that the venom comes from somewhere, though, so while she doesn't know where she could extract the venom from, it must be possible.
Julius, meanwhile, works on a pair of collars to exclude the little beasts from further enchantments. Ragnaroc makes a chirping noise at Julius when he puts the collar on it, while Korga's carionite nips at his fingers, small teeth starting to grow in its mouth.

Risu
Risu slashes into the nearby rottina, severely weakening it and dancing back without taking any hits herself.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Loki
Loki spends some further time practicing his enchantments, making several glass... 'baubles' (lumps). After several attempts, he comes up with a decently shaped rod. It builds up a tiredness which lets him sleep soundly that night, feeling rather refreshed in the morning.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:29 pm

Korga will begin a quick field dissection of the tail, trying to figure the path of toxins to the stinging tip. As she works, she'll carve off a few chunks of felid flesh to feed the hungry little ones.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:47 pm

"Ow!" Julius pulls away from the carionite. "Please don't do that." He sighs and looks at Ragnoroc and gently strokes his head, getting some of the flesh Korga cuts off to feed to the little lizard. "Thanks. So are we still heading to the caves today?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:51 pm

Korga nods at Julius' thanks.

"I suppose so."

((Sorry, I don't remember, does eating the flesh of something like a felid come with consequences? Korga would remember better than I, and while I'm assuming the babies are better equipped than us to handle such things, I wouldn't want to be poisoning our new pets...))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:01 pm

From the booklet (Because I had to look it up): "Felid are mostly edible, bearing only small amounts of magic within their bodies. The tail and organs are inedible, but remaining meat is edible once cooked, if tough to chew."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:46 pm

((Suppose I could have looked that up. Thanks!))

"Julius, felid meat is edible, and would give us something to supplement our own provisions in order to feed our new... companions. Do you think you could remove the moisture from it to prevent spoilage without taxing yourself too much? We could of course use a fire to make jerky, but that would take hours to do properly."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:12 pm

"I can probsbly put a rune on the flesh to prevent it from spoiling if you'd prefer." Julius has no objections removing moosture, but wants to make other options known before continuing. If Korga prefers dry meat, Julius will remove the moisture. If she'd rather hsve fresh meat he burns a rune into it's flesh, depictsting a ham and a clock. "This meat cannot spoil in any way"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:15 pm

"That is handy, but dry would be lighter, and we wouldn't have to be concerned about it leaking blood all over other stuff in our packs."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:20 pm

((I'd like to note that the booklet often notes the cause of food being inedible magic concentration. The rune, while preventing spoiling, would pump the meat full of magic.))
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:24 pm

(Ah okay, draining it dry then)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:27 pm

Olly looks at the month's supply of jerky and rations in his pack while the other two discuss making even more food. He decides he must be missing something and goes back to making porridge.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:37 am

In the morning, Loki spends some time with Odin, trying to get him to recognize his name, and further carry on with training him to to follow him, Loki, on command. If Gaul has time and wants to help out, Loki will gladly enlist the experienced beast handler's assistance.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:43 am

Risu peppers Rottina C with throwing knives at a distance, skirting away from the remaining two rottina. She sends them thoughts of terror and fear, hoping their fallen kin spur them into retreating.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:30 am

► Show Spoiler
Olly, Korga, Julius
Julius and Korga discuss preserving the felid meat. As Julius agrees to dry out the meat, starting to draw out moisture, Olly just shakes his head and finishes preparing the group's breakfast. It doesn't take long for the meat to be dried out, but other than being dried out it hasn't really been prepared in any way, left on the bone and in one piece.

Risu
Risu plants a few throwing knives in the nearest rottina, earning a scratch as she backs away, trying again to scare away the remaining rottina, and with two felled, manages to chase off the heavily injured vermin, but not the other two.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Loki
Loki spends the morning training Odin. It's slow going at first, but with Gaul's help, it seems the pup is starting to catch on to the basics as the morning dwindles into midday, and Loki picks up some ideas on how to handle the training, too.
(Proper training will take time, yes. Loki will gain experience in... Beast husbandry. It's something Gaul's taught Risu, and is close enough to count as animal training.)
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:36 am

"Do you want anything else done to this or shall we head to the cave?"

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:16 am

Loki is pleased with the progress Odin is making and with the new things he is learning himself. He checks the arena plans, if there are any fights due today for him, and if so, when.

Then he grabs his lumps of glass from the previous day and tries to enchant them.
They are supposed to do the following: Upon vocal command, they should a) receive a unique designation - e.g. "one" (that can be varied upon each usage) and b) "stick" to any non-living surface, so they will not slip, get out of place, come undone etc. either on their own account nor by uses of any non-magical means (command "unstick" to undo this).

If it's not too complex for his current skill level, Loki would like to modify b) to be able to define the non-living OR living (except the wielder himself) while using the stick/unstick command. So e.g. Loki could say "stick living" and then toss it onto an enemy.
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:33 am

Risu attempts to encircle and kite the two remaining Rottina out of close range, unleashing more throwing knives at Rottina D this time, and reloading her wrist crossbow if she has time.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:14 am

"No, that's fine, let's finish breakfast and get moving."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:12 am

Olly scrapes the last remnants of food out of his mess tin and washed it out with a little water.

"Ready when you are."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:19 pm

Olly, Korga, Julius
The trio finish up their meals and set out in the direction of the cave, the sun warming their faces as they walk through the open fields, surrounded by tall grass and short rocks on all sides, as well as the occasional taller outcropping. As they approach one such outcropping, Julius' compass snaps toward the rocks, and the three can hear a snuffling noise from within.

Risu
Risu tries to keep a distance from the remaining threats, firing at them as they shuffle closer, but unable to keep far enough away as they close in, scratching at her legs.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Loki
Loki starts by checking the schedule, and it seems like the next fight planned for him is tomorrow, leaving him free to his experimentation. It takes some work to get right, but he eventually works out that with two runes he can get the designation and sticking to work, but confirming what they stick to feels just barely outside of his reach at this moment. While he's working, Odin climbs into Loki's lap, tongue lolling out one side of his mouth as he curls up.
My game:

My characters: