Hunters of Letrua

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:24 pm

Olly shrugs off his pack and drops into a familiar fighting stance as he hears the noises, ready to defend himself and the others if need be.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:28 pm

Loki is content that he got the lumps to stick/unstick and accept a designation. He can try to work out the rest later on.
Just for fun, he tries to stick one of them to the back of his hand and unstick it again.

He can't help but smile at Odin curling up in his lap, so very obviously enjoying himself. At the tongue has barbs on it, though, Loki is very mindful not to get caught on it, and tries to encourage Odin to keep it to himself.
"Don't let Malis see you laying in my lap like that," Loki says in a quiet tone of voice, "or she might get jealous. You do get to sleep in my quarters, too, after all and generally be near me all day long already." He chuckles to himself.

If Loki still has stamina for more enchantment, he will grab 3 of the lumps and the "wand" as well. He will arrange the lumps in a triangle on a plane area that is unlikely to catch fire and make them stick. Then he designates them as 1,2 and 3 respectively.
He attempts to enchant the "wand" to cause an area (2D or 3D) defined by the lumps to heat up, while activated.
If successful, he will try to heat up the defined triangle, after making sure no living being (especially Odin) is there or is likely to enter it, and after a while deactivate it again.
If successful, he will rearrange the lumps - switching their designations on occasion - to different sizes, to try and find out, if there is any limit to the area he can heat up this way, and vary the length of the activation to find out how hot it can get, and if that is related to the size of the area.

If Loki needs a break from enchanting, he will go and see if the smith or leather-worker are around and have time to teach him some more about creating armour.
If all else fails/is not possible, Loki will spend some time to read up on herbalism/medicine more.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:16 am

Throwing knives are out, positioning to have a clear throw up whatever shows itself if it's hostile.... Zip Zip Zip Zip Zip Zip Zip.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:37 am

Julius gets out his bow, ready to shoot.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:06 pm

Risu is unable to completely evade the rottina and so resigns herself to a scrappy melee. Drawing her stiletto and tessen again, she strikes Rottina D while trying to position her target between herself and Rottina E, maneuvering so Rottina E can't reach.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:22 am

Olly, Korga, Julius
Everyone drops their packs on the spot, reaching for weapons. As they do, a snout pokes around the corner, followed by the head of a luchan. Korga and Julius immediately let fly with their weapons, landing several solid hits against it, prompting an enraged roar, which is followed by the sound of echoed scuffling from amongst the rocks. Olly prepares to intercept a charge, but as Korga's knives seem to root it in place he joins in the rained assault while the demon plucks the knives and arrows from its skin in annoyance, taking a moment to shake off the effects.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Risu
Risu maneuvers to puts the weaker rottina between herself and the healthy one as she attacks, landing a devastating chain of blows, and receiving barely a scratch in return, while the healthy rottina tries to scramble over its ally, flailing hopelessly at Risu.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Loki
Loki tests his sticking enchantment, finding the glass sticks to the back of his hand as well as the front, holding tight to his skin until he directs it to release. Odin yaps at the large man, snuggling closer to him and playfully batting at Loki's hands with his little paws.
With the enchantments almost done, Loki sets up the glass pieces in a triangle and creates one last enchantment on the wand. When he activates everything, he can feel the air heat up, heat radiating out from the triangle. It seems he can vary the designations with no difficulty, and the distance between markers can reach up to half a metre before failing.

Finishing up with the experiments, Loki finds himself feeling wearied, but with a better understanding of enchantments.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:56 am

Korga whirls to the side, and unleashes another flurry of blades on it.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:57 am

Olly will attempt to grapple of he sees a gap, otherwise, hell strike with his poison bladed fists!

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:02 am

Julius desides it's time to try out the clay shatterball on the Luchan.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:54 pm

Loki decides to go for a little walk with Odin, and/or perhaps find and empty training room or unused arena and play with him a little. (throw a stick and play fetch, most canines LOVE that and don't need to be taught that game, or grab a rope, old shirt or whatever, make a knot in it and play tug of war)

After both him and Odin are tired, he'll go to the baths to wash up. Squeaky clean and hopefully smelling well, he'll go and pay Malis a visit.
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:22 pm

((My bad, sorry.))

Risu continues with more of the same, doing her best to engage Rottina D while keeping Rottina E at bay.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:46 pm

Olly, Korga, Julius
Korga launches another set of knives, followed closely by Julius' shatterball, which... Does a little. Taking the opening, Olly moves in and tries to grapple the luchan, but having difficulty shifting it he opts to attack it instead, slashing through its torso repeatedly, catching a claw to the shoulder in return. The luchan seems to be weakening quickly, on its last legs, but the trio's hopes of a quick resolution are dashed as a second luchan climbs from the rocks, growling at Olly.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Risu
Risu stabs into the weakenedrottina again, catching a few nips on her hands in response.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Loki
Taking Odin for a walk, the pup follows Olly closely, tagging along at his side, trotting quickly to keep up with the large man's stride, though he occasionally loses focus as he moves off to sniff at his surroundings. Others eye the pup suspiciously as they pass, but Loki's calm presence keeps them from reacting violently. Following a long session of play, Loki heads to the baths, scrubbing himself clean (And maybe doing the same for Odin?), then heads to visit Malis (Is he taking Odin with him?).
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:51 pm

Korga shifts targets to the new luchan in hopes of keeping it off Olly long enough for him and Julius to deal with the first one, and tries to pin it down with another flurry of blades.

((If I need to recall blades in order to make the attacks, I'd recall those that were tossed aside by the first luchan rather than the ones embedded in it.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:58 pm

Julius grits his teeth when he sees another luchan in play. He then remembered what he did the other day to the felid. He calms himself down a bit and starts to amplify light on the luchan's eyes in hopes to blind it.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:30 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:54 pm

Mini Loki update:

Taking Odin to visit Malis, Loki has to check a couple of places before he finds her using one of the training rooms, using a corded whip with a sharp metal tip to lash at a training dummy. Letting the whip fall still, she wipes sweat from her brow, "Loki. And who's the little one?"
My game:

My characters:

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:44 pm

Loki smiles charmingly. "Hello Malis. Meet Odin. I was asked to bring him up and keep him close, because somebody wants to learn something about beasts and the possible influence that the magic of an enchanter can have on them, if I remember that correctly...
I don't want to interrupt your training, though. Would you be alright with us watching a bit?"

Unless she objects - or plans something else, Loki will sit down and watch Malis until she is done, trying to learn something that way, keeping Odin close.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:06 pm

"Thanks!" Olly grunts, and hurls himself at the first luchan again, trying to strike it hard and end the fight quickly.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:50 am

Risu darts and dodges, finishing off Rottina D before trying to skip out of range of Rottina E. She sends it thoughts of despair and isolation, reinforced with mental images of its fallen kin around it.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:47 am

Olly, Korga, Julius
Korga throws a handful of knives at the second luchan as it closes on Olly, rooting it in place just inside reach of him as Julius tries to focus light into the demon's eyes, but as it's light out the creature is already adjusted to bright light, and he can't focus the light enough for a strong effect. As Olly finishes off the first luchan, the second latches its maw onto his bleeding wounds, leaving some rather deep gashes as some minor damage left by Korga's knives heals over.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Risu
Risu finishes off another rottina and sends the last one running, ending combat.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
With the fight over, Gaul enters the arena and approaches Risu, "Nicely done, Squirrel. A decent fight with no support. It might have been rough on you, but Tor wanted to make sure you could handle a simple fight with your own strength. That was a bit rougher than an entrance test some people take. How do you feel?"

Loki
"Oh? I'd assumed you would be learning some enchantment yesterday, since Marie doesn't take an interest otherwise, but she got you to take that on, eh? She was starting to encourage me to use my interpersonal skills to find a taker. Can't say my circle of connections reaches any fledgling enchanters outside the Arena, though." Stretching a little, Malis flicks her wrist to uncoil the whip, turning back to the dummy. With one large movement, bringing her right hand from her hip to the opposite shoulder, she starts the whip moving in kind, then a second swing turns the movement into a lash, the whip cracking out against the dummy, the tip barely grazing across the surface, losing only a little momentum. A smaller flick of her wrist, directly up now, redirects the movement of the whips, allowing her to loop it around for another lash from the other side. Displaying her skill - or more like showing off - Malis keeps the whip moving, the tip rapidly flickering across the dummy from one angle then another, keeping her movements as small and rapid as possible until the lashes draw too much speed from the end of the whip, at which point she uses only a few large swipes of her arm to bring the whip up to speed again. A light sweat beads her skin, being flicked off her arm by the rapid movement, and when she eventually slows she's taking deep, slow breaths. "An alright workout, but nothing compared to working with a live partner." Walking over to Loki and Odin, she places the whip to one side and leans forward to place a kiss on Loki's cheek, "What do you think? Too many people think the whip is no good because it's hard to get a good impact, but that's because they think it needs an impact. The trick is to lash instead, cut with the tip. In a fight the whip would be tipped with a small blade, to add a bit of weight and cutting ability to it."
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:21 am

Julius goes to heal Olly. "Sorry about that, I was foguring I could have blinded it."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:23 am

Korga runs towards Olly and the luchan, if she's able to reach them, she's going to skip behind it and go all karambits on it, if she can't reach them yet, recall knives from A and hit it from range after moving as close as she can.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:24 am

Olly roars in pain and stumbles back from the second luchan, fighting defensively this round to get back on track. His aim is to essentially block & dodge the damage from the creature, while keeping its attention on him rather than the others.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:38 am

"Yeah, Marie indeed gave that task - and the pup - to me. I'm not sure how much use I'll be with enchanting and scientific studies," he rolls his eyes demonstratively, " but I do like the little fella well enough already. He's a cutie." Loki scratches Odin's head, behind his ears.

"I don't know about whips. They sure have their uses, but I suppose it takes high skill to use them efficiently in a fight. Like all weapons with movable parts, like a morning start or a nun-chuck. Probably much more skill than I'd ever feel like to invest time to train enough for, when anything with a stiff shaft - like a halberd - is going to affect the opponent just as much - in most cases, at least - and is much easier to master."
He shrugs, but grins.

"It sure is nice to watch, though. And... if you feel like having another training session with me, I'll gladly oblige."

Loki will train with Malis, if she is willing, else, he'll go an try to learn more armour crafting from a smith/leather worker.
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:22 am

Risu does her customary aerial flip and a wave to the crowd before Gaul approaches, then cleans her weapons and sheathes them as he speaks.

As he talks, she can feel herself feeling slightly light-headed and clammy. Looking down at all the various small wounds that keep weeping lymph she mutters to Gaul "I - I don't feel great."
► Show Spoiler