Hunters of Letrua

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:39 pm

Julius backs away from the crystal and inspects his arm/shoulder/wherever he accidently bumped the crystal on to make sure it's okay. "it has a numbing sensation when you touch it, and it's warm. Sadly I don't think I can take any of it with me." Julius puts down a few more notes on the crystal. "We should probably keep eye out for more of these, I suspect if there's one there might be more in here."

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:41 am

Loki smiles at Mac, half amused and half apologetic, and offers his hand for a shake to clear things up with Mac. "Sorry, buddy. But while -I- wouldn't have pulled this punch, where we are going any stranger might. I just wanted to get you into ... the right mood. Alertness is important for a job like this. Don't want you to end up getting a chair hit over your head, simply because you only had eyes for the pretty barmaid."

► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:11 am

Ah, that's right. Here we go.

Loki spends the better part of the afternoon working on understanding his peculiar ability, watching the ongoing fights to do so. With some focus he can faintly pick up the hostility between combatants in the fight, but he can barely pick it out from the clutter of excitement, disappointment, irritation, hopefulness, and occasionally affection, all originating form the audience, none of which he can detect in the training matches, where there is no audience. Instead, from the fighters he picks up very little. Weariness from some, irritation from others, but nothing particularly strong. Without focus, there is a sense of irritation from behind the large man wherever he chooses to sit during the fights, the strength of the feeling varying between fights.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:44 am

Korga will assist in observing and documenting the crystal.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:32 am

"Really? It's warm? Weird!"

Seeing Julius come to no harm from accidentally bumping it, he carefully lifts his hand up to feel the smooth surface of the crystal for himself.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:15 pm

Seems like Synch's too busy, so we'll continue without him until he gets the free time to post.

Olly, Korga, Julius
Julius and Korga continues to document the crystal, with Julius suggesting there may be others in the caves. Olly takes an interest in the crystal as well, reaching out to feel the warmth for himself. As his hand brushes the surface he feels a faint tingling, a numbness spreading across the surface of his palm, then a moment later there's a prickling sensation as his fingers start turning crystalline. At this point, he presumably pulls his hand away, leaving his fingers as clear purple crystals, though he can still feel and move them as normal.

Loki
"I'll be paying attention of the job. I've done this sort of work plenty of times before."
Mac leads the way to the bar, heading in to greet the barman, a rather lean man with a close-shaven black beard, while the employees are setting up, "Yo, we're your muscle today, Jon."
"Good to see you too, Mac." Jon nods to Loki, "Sorry for the short notice, mate, but my normal bouncer's come up sick. Got any know-how for the job?"
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:11 pm

Olly yelps.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:39 pm

Julius looks and sees that Olly's hands are altered. He uses the enchantment that lets him see the weave of magic. "Does it hurt? How does it feel? I'm going to see what happened and maybe I can reverse it somehow. I don't know why it didn't happen to me when I accidentally touched it."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:04 pm

Korga grabs Olly's arm, hissing curses. She watches it carefully, making sure the crystal isn't spreading...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:21 am

Olly stands looking slightly horrified and wiggling his fingers while the others do their investigations (he'll take off his bracer so they can check properly for it spreading).

"No it doesn't hurt... It doesn't feel like much of anything. But they still work! Is it real!?"

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:29 am

Loki nods back at Jon. "I can't say I have experience with bouncing, but I have been in a couple of brawls on occasion. Do you have any rules on how many customers are allowed into your establishment or which kinds or any other guide lines I'm supposed to uphold?"
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:51 am

Olly, Korga, Julius
Everyone, rather predictably, freaks out. Kind of. Olly pulls off his bracer as Korga grabs his arm, eyeing the crystalisation to confirm that it isn't spreading, which it indeed isn't. Julius checks the magical effect, and concludes that Olly's now-crystal fingers are much like the main crystal, being made of pure magical energy, but unlike the near-perfectly contained crystal, thin threads connect Olly's fingers to his hand, leaking out small amounts of energy.

Loki
"Capacity is twenty-five people. Keep people from damaging property and harassing employees, but try to avoid leaving any lasting injuries. Law tends to favour the establishment and guards if they aren't excessive, but it's still a hassle to deal with. Other than that, just do your best to look stern without scaring off customers and you'll be fine. Here, put this on your left breast." Jon hands Loki a small pin, depicting a mug with a horse emblazoned on it, "Official identification to prove you're an employee and not a random thug roughing up customers. Welcome to the Mug and Pony. We'll be opening in five minutes."
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:14 am

Korga draws a throwing knife, and carefully places the tip against one of Olly's crystalline fingers. "Do you feel that?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:20 am

Julius eyes widen. "Your hand turned into the same magic as the crystal. Or very similar.
It's not perfect and it looks like it's leaking magic a bit so hopefully it would return back to normal."
Julius reaches out to Olly's hand and touches the crystaline part to see if it has the same reaction as when he touched the larger crystal.

Julius takes a deep breath. "I think...I maybe able to revert it back to normal. It's such a high concentration of magic...No I can do this. Do you want me to try?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:25 am

"I... Don't know. I need my hands, but... What if this isn't a bad thing? Having magic fists might be great! But I don't want them to just shatter when I hit something. Can you find out more about what this is?

...I don't feel your knife... This is really weird!!

OW!!"
Last edited by thinkslogically on Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:41 am

(Actually, Olly totally feels the knife. Unless he never had feeling in his fingers.)
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:41 am

"I can try." Julius takes a closer look at the fingers. Similar to how he is viewing the magic, he tries to see if there is any disease, damage from his hands and fingers. He tries to check on the sturdiness of it. "I think I will need a sample from the larger crystal. I am not sure if I can take a part of some of it, but maybe with your altered hands you might be able to?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:46 am

(This may seem a bit... I dunno what the word is. Like influence from a perspective that should be entirely neutral, but it is something I really need to confirm with you guys before anyone agrees to Julius' suggestion. Are you sure you want to damage the large object made of pure, highly condensed energy?)
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:53 am

((:lol: DM's asking "are you sure?" is one of the great traditions of RPGs! Olly isn't sure of anything, but defers to Julius's superior knowledge of magic))

"Can you at least tell me how fragile my hands are first? ...

Korga... Give your knife a gentle tap would you and let's see if they're made of glass or something better. But do it on the top of my little finger. If I'm about to lose one of them, let's make it a non-essential one!"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:57 am

"I have no idea how fragile your hands are. But I'm not even sure we can take some off of it. But when you do, be careful, I have no idea what will happen.

I can try to fix your finger if she destroys it."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:07 am

Korga smiles.

"Seeing if it could cut you was the next thing I wanted to try, but now I don't have to figure out how to ask!"

She does as requested, tapping the little finger, and if it doesn't shatter, pressing the point into the finger tip to see if it will cut.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:29 am

Olly grits his teeth and tries not to move.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:46 pm

(Gathers notified me that they'd be pretty busy for a little while, so I'll just update for whichever groups I can.)

Korga pulls out a knife and places the tip against one of his fingers, prompting a yelp as he feels the blade press against his skin, or if he had skin. It feels pretty much the same as if the blade were pressed against his normal fingers, but there's much less flexibility in the surface of his fingers. After a brief discussion, Korga tries tapping Olly's little finger with the blade, creating a clinking sound, but not shattering his finger. After a moment, Korga presses the point of the blade into his finger, a bit of a painful test for Olly, and when she pulls the knife away there is a small notch in the finger where she had pressed the knife. It seems they're harder than a person's fingers, but by no means impossible to damage, and a solid strike could likely break them just as normal fingers could be severed. Olly's finger continues to sting after Korga's knife is taken away, then start to slowly fade to a numb stinging. All three of them can pick up a change in the air when Olly's finger is damaged, like the charged atmosphere from being near the large crystal, but more intense, enough to make the fine hair on their arms rise.

For clarification, the force Korga applied would have been enough to break the skin and cut a bit, but not get to the bone or anything.
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:31 am

Korga shivers at the change in the air.

"Sorry to cause you pain, Olly. How's it doing now?"
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:57 am

"I've had worse! And I'm just glad the whole thing didn't shatter! ...what's it doing now Julius?"