Hunters of Letrua

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:42 am

Olly, Korga, Julius
Korga quickly throws out several knives once she identifies the target, but the sudden light gives her as much trouble as the felid, it seems, as most of the blades fly wide. Olly follows up with a tackle, driving his blades into his target with his full weight, but the large beast doesn't even seem slightly concerned by his weight bearing against it as its tail lashes out, slicing against Olly as Julius tries to drain its energy.
(Holy shit. So this if the first time I think I've used the idea for enchantment attacks, and they need fixing. On top of that, Olly deals insane damage. I thought a fight at night might be dangerous, but since it's lit up you're just crashing this thing. >.>)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Risu
Risu stabs at one of the rottina as she tries to break free of them, her attempt at confusing them resulting in two of the healthier rottina (D, E) moving off in the wrong direction, while the other three continue follow after her, two of them (B and C) managing to claw at her again.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Loki
Odin shows no reaction, though it's not like there's a large amount of energy being used.
"I don't repair anything, my bags do. But having things fix themselves in the same way I do is a complicated matter, being that it takes all the pieces and reshapes them into the original form, so someone without a Talent for space would have lesser results, like a blade being reforged. What I do is more akin to completely melting down the pieces of a blade and making a new one, while others would be closer to heating the pieces and hammering them together. The latter will be far weaker than the original. Still, repairing armour would be efficient, if I can work it out... The smiths and leatherworkers won't be too happy, but it can protect people."

"Be careful with glass and heat. Constant heating and cooling has a tendency to make glass extremely brittle, so you would have to protect it. Depending on how well you do that, you may actually lose efficiency achieving what clay naturally does. Right tools for the right job."

Marie pauses to think for a moment, "Not that I can think of. Tor handles all the management, I mostly just take care of the jobs he passes along to me and conduct my own studies. I guess there are plenty of weapons with no enchantments applied, if you want to try your hand at that, but don't go too overboard. Some fighters like to use plain weapons so they can better train their skills."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:03 am

Julius notices Olly might be in danger. Once the felid is down he drops the illumination enchantment and attempts to heal olly by removing the posion from Olly and attempts to restore his body twoard a simular state it was in before the felid attacked him, hopefully healing him.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:00 am

Korga sprints forward, drawing out her karambits and slashes into the felid from the other side (to avoid hitting Olly).
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:28 pm

Loki nods once more. "If I can help you with the development of the repairing armour, let me know. I'm willing to test things, or maybe try and think out of the box. Sometimes it even helps if you have someone else to talk things over."

"I never knew about glass being vulnerable to repeated heating and cooling. So thank you for telling me. But... would the kiln itself have to change temperature? Could I not just have it create heat within it? Or maybe even... I don't know. Mark an area designated to be the actual kiln and only create a ... remote control for that? Enchant a wand and some 'waypoints', so to speak and then point the wand at the waypoints and have the area between those points react in the way I want it to, by activating various buttons or runes on the wand."

Loki shrugs when Marie tells him there's no enchantment to be done for the arena. "I suppose I could try and enchant a couple of sheaths to sharpen any inanimate thing put into it to be as sharp as my dagger, but only cut living material. Would that be useful for the arena? And what about the enchantment? I suppose the sharpness would wear off eventually by usage, wear and tear, but I would need the living material so the sheathe doesn't get sliced to bits with every weapon. It would make a useful weapon in a fight with pretty much any opponent, but... it wouldn't work against a mortivir, I suppose, and you couldn't use those blades to cut up your steak in the kitchen or to whittle your wood carving."
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:30 pm

Olly doubles down, using his gauntlets to dig into the creature's back as he maneuvres the rest of his body to get a solid grapple around it's body. Holding on with his knees and attempting a headlock with one arm, he uses the other arm to deliver a number of rapid, venomous punches into the monster's flank.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:37 pm

Risu distances herself from the healthy rottina going in a different direction, spinning and firing her wrist crossbow at rottina A while drawing B and C away from the other two. If the others catch up or engage her, she strikes at rottina B with stiletto and tessen.
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:05 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:42 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:43 am

► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:51 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:04 am

Olly, Korga, Julius
Korga quickly draws her karambit, moving to flank the felid and slashing at it, taking the beast down with the fourth strike. This frees up Julius to treat Olly, hurrying over and dropping the illumination, plunging everything into darkness. He has no difficulty purging the venom from his body, and the slashes close over before long, leaving traces of blood behind.

Risu
Risu works on putting more distance between herself and the two rottina moving off in the wrong direction, taking a shot at one of the closer ones as the other two claw and gnaw, barely doing anything to her. (One attack per round, Synch.)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Loki
"If I can help you with the development of the repairing armour, let me know. I'm willing to test things, or maybe try and think out of the box. Sometimes it even helps if you have someone else to talk things over."
"Alright, I'll let you know if necessary."

"I never knew about glass being vulnerable to repeated heating and cooling. So thank you for telling me. But... would the kiln itself have to change temperature? Could I not just have it create heat within it? Or maybe even... I don't know. Mark an area designated to be the actual kiln and only create a ... remote control for that? Enchant a wand and some 'waypoints', so to speak and then point the wand at the waypoints and have the area between those points react in the way I want it to, by activating various buttons or runes on the wand."
"Well, it has to be rapid temperature changes, but I assumed that would be the idea, to have a fast-acting kiln. As for the other matter... Creating heat inside the kiln would heat up the kiln itself. Since heat radiates outward, and the entire purpose of a kiln is to contain and reduce that effect. If you want to set it up so the heat is contained away from the kiln, you could practically just have plates that heat the air above them, you know? That way you don't even need the wand as a go-between."

"I suppose I could try and enchant a couple of sheaths to sharpen any inanimate thing put into it to be as sharp as my dagger, but only cut living material. Would that be useful for the arena? And what about the enchantment? I suppose the sharpness would wear off eventually by usage, wear and tear, but I would need the living material so the sheathe doesn't get sliced to bits with every weapon. It would make a useful weapon in a fight with pretty much any opponent, but... it wouldn't work against a mortivir, I suppose, and you couldn't use those blades to cut up your steak in the kitchen or to whittle your wood carving."
"The blades would dull eventually, yes, but you could just sheathe the blade and draw it again for full effect. As for the rest... Well, I'd hope nobody would be using weapons for cooking or carving, and even if you can cut through a mortvivir, it won't help much. Short of being crushed or incinerated they can just pull themselves together. I guess broken bones don't mean much when they hold themselves in shape without any tendons or muscle anyway."
My game:

My characters:

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:40 am

Loki takes in the information on the kiln. "I guess I could just use my magic to harden the kiln in place and shape, like I am doing it with the glass, and put some sort of plates inside for the heating. So it would be a regular kiln as such, merely not needing fuel. Because - while I don't know enough about clay crafting, ceramics and such - I think the heat has to surround the items being baked, and that they need to be exposed to the heat for a certain amount of time."

"Right, so sheaths like that would be useful to the arena? Should I try and make some of them? And yes, that you can ensure you have a sharp blade at any time you want -as long as you have the time to re-sheathe and unsheathe again - was the idea behind the sheath." He gives a light chuckle. "I was only curious about the other effect, if it would wear off, too, and if so, if you have any inkling of the duration. Because, if I understood you correctly usually a rune makes an enchantment permanent. Or at least last as long as the rune. But since the rune is on the sheathe and not the weapon, it should not be permanent. Maybe I could define it in a way that the sharpness pertains after the blade is drawn, but the 'do not cut non-living material' bit is limited to the time when the blade is within the sheathe."

Shrugging to himself about Marie's comment on people craving with a weapon, as there are such things as multi-purpose knives and also that knives for whittling and other purposes usually have sheaths as well, Loki muses that there is no need to enchant the sheaths of those, even if he can't figure out how to limit that effect until it is drawn.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:24 am

"Julius! Any others?", Korga hisses before listening for movement.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:29 am

"Can one of you start a fire? I think they might not like that too much seeing how the felid recoiled." Julius gives a sigh and reactivates the temporary illumination, making sure it ignores dead monsters this time. He deactivates the enchantment if there are none.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:00 am

Olly grunts his appreciation as the poison leaves his system and he whumps Julius solidly in the shoulder in thanks.

Interested in the creature, he picks it up and brings it back to their camp where he will compare it to his guidebook (I assumed we built a fire already, but if not, he'll do that now) to see what he can learn about them.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:13 am

"Ow!" Julius rubs his shoulder where Olly hit him and writes something down on one of his blank pages he has and puts it in his book once the fire is lit.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:47 am

Risu changes tactic and goes into full assault mode. She attacks Rottina A (and then Rottina B if she has attacks left over) with both stiletto and tessen, while instilling fear and terror in Rottina C in the hopes of making it flee.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:02 pm

Olly, Korga, Julius
As Olly thanks Julius and moves to stoke the fire for some light, Korga tries to listen for more approaching beasts, but can't hear over the men, so she has Julius pull his lighting trick again, which doesn't reveal any more presences. With the fire stoked, Olly drags the felid into the light, though it's not easy to shift the large beast. Pulling it into the light, he settles down to compare with his guidebook. The creature seems to be much larger than normal, with a particularly long tail.

Risu
Risu switches to the offensive, attacking one of the rottina, managing to finish it off and move on to the next one, doing a little damage as she dances her feet out of the way of the vermin attacking.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Loki
"That sounds about right."

"Ah... Well, if the rune is on the sheath then it would probably wear off as soon as the blade no longer satisfies the rune's conditions. The sharpness is an actual alteration of the blade's physical state, though, so it would last."
My game:

My characters:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:30 am

Same gameplan, Risu attacks Rottina B.

(Sorry there's not more fluff, limited time today!)
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:40 pm

"Well, in that case I'll be off and try stuff out, I suppose. Unless you still got some grains of wisdom to offer for now?

Oh, and do you know a good place to buy raw clay, maybe?"

Loki will wait for a reply to each of his questions, listen to anything else Marie has to say and then will bid her farewell, taking Odin with him. If she pointed him to a place to buy clay from and he can afford some amount that might be enough to build a kiln, he'll go there. Else, since she didn't give him any reply on whether or not the arena could use such sheaths, he will go and make more sand into glass and try to experiment with that, if he doesn't get any side effects yet from the magic flowing through his body.

He aims to make at least 8 little handfuls of glass (size and shape mostly don't matter but they should have at least one smooth, flat surface) and one wand.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:13 pm

Olly tells the others what he's found out, then goes back to watching for a little while. If nothing else is heard after 10 minutes or so, he'll remove his bracers and go back to sleep.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:29 pm

Korga would like to study the venom tipped tail, in the morning most likely, as there is limited lighting at the moment.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:13 pm

Julius checks on the rune to make sure it resets so if any more comeby they will be alerted. Afterwards he looks over the beast after Ollie notes it is different, trying to see if he can find anything else unusual about it. "Interesting. I guess the people at the arena capture young ones or the weaker ones."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:51 am

Olly, Korga, Julius
Everyone stays on alert for a while longer, and Julius goes to make sure the alarm is working, finding a pawprint breaking the line. On consideration, the alarm had only lasted a part of the time it should have. Fixing the disruption, and running another full check, everyone eventually manages to get back to sleep, waking up the next morning uneventfully.

Risu
Risu finishes off a second rottina, suffering only minor scratches from the third accosting her. At this point, the two rats which had strayed away cast about, searching for her and the other rottina, and spot her, starting to shuffle back toward her.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Loki
"Well, in that case I'll be off and try stuff out, I suppose. Unless you still got some grains of wisdom to offer for now?

Oh, and do you know a good place to buy raw clay, maybe?"

"Hmm... If you're making something and it starts heating up unexpectedly, it's probably a bad thing? As for clay... Not really. I mostly work with glass, wood, and scrap metal. A potter may be your best bet?"
With these last responses, Loki heads off to experiment. (Do you want to spend the rest of the night on an Enchantment training session (Producing several glass objects)?
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:21 am

Olly does his morning stretches and exercises etc. etc. and then sees about making some breakfast while the others check out the felid carcass and whatever else they would like to do before we leave.