Hunters of Letrua

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:46 am

Olly doesn't particularly feel like climbing down or being teleported right now...

"No thanks! I'm good up here! You got any more rope?"

((How far is the climb up to the top of this thing? It sounds like he's probably 10-20 m high right now, but largely safe as long as he stays put))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:24 am

"You got all the rope. We were woefully inprepared for climbing absirs or caves. We need to alter items on our list for our next expodition."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:26 am

(About 25m high, with another 25m above him.)
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:38 am

And how long is my rope? I guess about 10m?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:47 pm

10m, yes.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:13 pm

ok, well I guess Olly will test his ability to climb around this shell while the Abschir is moving and while he's got the safety of the rope. He'll try climbing down a few metres.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:21 am

Risu grins. "Yup, definitely enjoying not worrying about where the next meal is coming from! I'll check out the books, but I've never been much of a reader to be honest, never really had a need. Any books I came across were better used as a trade for some coin or some food! Thanks for all your help." After tidying up, Risu grabs some supper and a bath before turning in for the evening.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:12 am

Olly, Korga, Julius
Julius and Korga watch on as Olly climbs around on the shell, moving just a bit downward. The rough surface provides plenty of handholds, and it moves slowly, so while the climb isn't easy, it's not too hard either, and there are plenty of places to steady himself when needed.

Risu
"Sure, lemme know if you need any more guidance." Risu heads to bed after cleaning up and grabbing some food, tired from a day of training. The next day she gets a message at breakfast, a young man trotting over, "Miss Risu? I've been sent to tell you that you'll have a fight this afternoon. Five rottina, but Tor wants you to fight by yourself, to assess your direct combat skills."

Loki
Loki tries enchanting a sheath to be impervious and slides the dagger in, but it cuts through again. "Let me guess, tried to harden the leather or something similar? If you could make it stand that you'd officially be hired for making armour. Anyone wearing leather that tough would be near untouchable."
Gaul rattles off answers to the questions as quickly as Loki asks, having no difficulty supplying information, "I'm fairly sure it's male, considering the bone structure of the hips, though there are rarely females with that shaping to them. He doesn't have a name, he's still young enough to learn one quickly. However often he feels it's necessary, normally once or twice a day. The waste is barely less disease-ridden than rottina flesh, so if any gets on you wash it off properly before eating, drinking, scratching your face, or anything similar, so basically the same as human waste. If he does something bad, make angry sounds, generally sharp and noisy, like a bark, gently push him away if he's touching something he shouldn't, then with a bit more force if he continues, and if you have to be extreme, lock him in a cage for a little while so he wants to avoid doing it again, but it's vital you avoid hitting or hurting him as much as possible, or he'll just fear or hate you. If he does good things, gently pat his head and back, or offer him small pieces of food he likes, and speak gently. He has siblings and parents, they're kept for my study rather than fighting, but we want him to see you as the alpha, like a family head, more than them, so he'll be loyal. A basket with some blankets is fine for a bed in your room, or just the blankets alone. You'll need to cage him if he's being particularly naughty, or if he's sick and you need to carry him a long way, I'll get a cage for you in a bit, leash him if he strays too much or won't come when you call him on walks, and muzzle him if he's violent and you can't discourage it. If something's wrong with his health, bring him to me for treatment. I haven't worked out his favourite meat yet, but it will most likely be raw and bloody, as with most carionites. He's currently a week old, just old enough to separate from his mother. He doesn't have any toys or games yet, as he's still young enough to focus on exploring his surroundings, and he's not learned anything. I can help you teach him if you want, yes. Until you're sure of whether he's violent you should keep him away from people and rottina, and don't let him out of your sight if he's not contained in a room, so that there are no misunderstandings with the other fighters. If he properly recognises you as the alpha once he matures he won't try to breed, since that's the alpha's privilege, so females are find. Life expectancy is indefinite, he'll reach full size in two weeks and effectively stop aging, so injuries and sickness are the only real concerns. The spines will grow in after about a week, and his claws should be worn down by walking, but if they're not trim them once a week. If you want your room to stay clean you should wash his fur once a month at the least, and brush whenever you feel like it's getting too messy for your liking. Only abschir are known to enter water deep enough to submerge in, so he won't swim. His only contact has been with his family, which was quite friendly, though he's too young to gauge his own personality."
► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:25 am

Olly is pleased that the climb is fairly straightforward and decides to make his way back to the ground before his friends get let too far behind.

Unwilling to lose his rope, he climbs back up to the anchor point, then wraps the spare rope around his torso and makes his way down, moving the "anchor loop" down as he goes, hopefully all the way to the ground.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:29 am

Julius waits for Olly to climb down. While he is bored, he gently pets Ragnaroc's head and body, scratching gently across it's back. He examines the creature while he does this, having some ideas on possible things he can do.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:19 am

► Show Spoiler
Loki is a bit disappointed about the failure with the sheath, but figures it would have been done already, if it was possible. Maybe he could at least make a sheath impervious against this ONE dagger? Or metal in general... But that would have to wait.

While listening to Gaul's answers, Loki nods and keeps on petting the cub. "Now, little guy, what should we call you? How about Odin, eh? Do you like that?"

To Gaul he says: "Thanks for all the information and trusting me with him. How will I know if the pup likes a thing I'm doing, does he wag his tail or something? And yes, I'll come by occasionally to train him, if you don't mind."
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:26 am

Risu blanches. "Five?! By myself? Well, I suppose I need to fight by myself to prove myself, but that seems excessive! Oh well, Tor knows best so I accept."
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:34 am

Olly, Korga, Julius
Olly carefully works his way down the beast, moving the anchor point of his rope as he moves. It's slow going, but the one time he loses his grip the carefule movement keeps him from taking anything more than some scrapes. A few minutes later he drops the last distance to the ground, jogging back to where Julius and Korga were left behind.

Risu
The man shrugs, "You'll probably be fine, kid. Rottina are just vermin after all. You've got time to get ready, anyway."

Loki
The pup yips at Loki when he speaks to it, ears twitching. Gaul nods, "He'll wag his tail, his ears will perk up a little. There are a few other small behaviours, but they'll be minor enough that you don't notice them until you're familiar with him"
► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:27 am

"Okay now that you had your fun, where are we heading to? I'd like to cast a vote to go back to the arena sp we can change supplies for our next trip out. And to have a break from these shenanigans."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:50 am

((Have we mapped enough to satisfy our employer? How low on supplies are we?))

The excitement of Olly bring carried off on a mountain over, Korga sets to ensuring this area is mapped out.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:06 am

► Show Spoiler
Loki nods approvingly. "Odin it is, then."

To Gaul he says "Thank you for all your help, and I'll be back sooner than you'll like, I'm sure. But in the meantime I would like to work out some kinks in a dagger I made... a little problematic."

He stands and tries to walk a bit, aiming for Odin to follow him. If he doesn't on his own, Loki will try and lure him with a coaxing voice. "Odin, buddy, come with me. We gotta see a very magical lady indeed."
He will patiently try about 20 times to bait the pup along with gestures and his voice, praising him if he so much as takes a step into the right direction. If there is not enough progress for the cub to follow Loki to Marie, he will eventually pick him up and carry him the rest of the way.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:31 am

spiderwrangler wrote:((Have we mapped enough to satisfy our employer? How low on supplies are we?))
You've mapped far enough to the northwest, so about a third of the total area. As for supplies, you took four weeks of supplies per person and it's been... Two days, I think. So you're nowhere near low on supplies.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:15 am

Olly looks at Julius with disappointment.

"We only just got here! We haven't even slept outside properly yet and you already want to go back to the city?! Look around you! This is the chance of a lifetime to be out here! If we go back now, who knows how long it'll be before we'll be back?"

((Olly has been dreaming about the wilds since he was a little boy. He really doesn't want to leave yet.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:15 am

"We've not been out long... why don't we take the long way around and get some more area mapped out?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:21 am

Julius gives a sigh. "It has been, 2 days and about half. I guess we can go the long way."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:31 am

Olly nods enthusiastically at Korga's suggestion.

"How much more have we got left to map? There must be LOADS!"

He looks back at the stompy Abschir and watches it disappear out of sight.

"Man... My brothers won't believe a word of this when I tell them about it!"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:33 am

"I think the more we map, the more we get paid... we've plenty of supplies left, and no limit to what needs mapping, though I think staying within a few days of the city would be best. Even just the rest of the week could give us a fairly comprehensive layout of the surrounding area."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:22 pm

"Yeah thats true," says Risu, thinking of her secret weapon. "I'll go get ready."

She goes and gets her light armor on (sans shoulder handles for aeran flying), and equips and readies her usual weapons of stilleto, tessen (war fan), throwing knives and wrist crossbow, and tucks her tanto into her boot.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:04 am

Olly, Korga, Julius
Julius proposes heading back to safety, to resupply, of course, but Korga and Olly point out that they have plenty more work to do, and more than enough rations. In the end, they decide to take the "long way around." If they want to swing by the cave that mad hermit mentioned, they could probably get there by dark. Camping outside could be dangerous if a nocturnal beast has a lair there, though.

Risu
Risu goes to get ready for the fight. There's still plenty of time, though, probably enough to get in a training session.

Loki
Odin dawdles around, sniffing at all his surroundings. He tilts his head a little when Loki praises him for moving toward him, but eventually Loki's forced to carry the pup the rest of the way. He finds Marie seated on a bench with a small lapdesk, writing away. She looks up when he comes into the courtyard, "Ah, you're ready? Is there anything specific you want to go over?"
My game:

My characters:

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:16 pm

"Well, yeah, actually there is. I hear a bit about Alice's axe and how it does different things, depending on her... hand's positioning. She said something if she moves her pinky away, it will act like there's a heavy enchantment on it, else, it will be lighter than it should be, or something along those lines. How is that achieved, and how complex instructions can go into a rune - enough skill of the rune-writer provided?

I would also like to try and get my head around the problem with the dagger cutting through the sheath, maybe find a work around, if I may. I know leather doesn't grow on trees..." Loki
replies to Marie.
► Show Spoiler