GAL Q 10: Scents and Sensibility

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: GAL Q 10: Scents and Sensibility

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:49 am

Laughs chortles as he skips over to the pile of gear. "Hi guy! *Teeheheheheeee* I'm gonna leave my stuff here while I go get my ass kicked! *Haaaaa*"

He wiggles his lance at Spots before steeling himself against its effect as he leans it against the wall and lets go. He shivers as he feels the sense of doom wash over him, but grins and begins shucking his other stuff into a pile beside it and returns to their guide.

"I'm in! *Teeehee* Name's Laughs Creepily, by the way."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:52 am

Walks nods and steps forward as well. "I will fight as well. My name is Walks With The Wind."
She waits until Laughs fight is done, watching it attentively and then puts her own gear away, when it's time to face her own opponent.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55 am

Zaks bursts into the center of the group, and raises his sword high above his head "I Zaks, Destroyer of all, The Great Ko...Goblin, will take on any fellow goblin who dares to fight me."

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:02 am

With all his air of Grandeur and showiness, Walks glances at Zaks from the corner of her eye, feeling highly tempted to simply hook her foot with one of his and trip him over, but she resists the urge. There would be time for that when she fights somebody else in the pit.

Instead, she settles for saying "Better put your sword away then, this is unarmed combat." sporting a fresh grin.
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:10 am

Zak raised an eyebrow at walks and then sneered. Waving his hand in front of his nose, he comments loudly to the audience. "Whoever Fights her, watch out for the Wind she walks with."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:24 am

"...*Buahahahaheeheheheheeeeeeeee!*"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:41 am

Spots-A-Thief doesn't even flinch at the lance's effect. Apparently these goblins are made of sturdy stuff.

"FFRREEEEEESSHH MMEEEAAT!" A cheer erupts from the crowd eager to have new blood in the mix. Welcome all of you. Glad to have you here. Hey Hobbles, you still ready to fight?" A large goblin waddles up. His upper body is a huge tangle of muscle, which is highly disproportionate to his lower body. His lower body doesn't look weak, its just his upper body is that much stronger. The weird gait would be comical... if he didn't look like he could crush a skull with his bare hands. "Ready to go. Who will I be fighting?

This chuckling fellow over here. His name is Laughs Creepily.

Hobbles nods and holds out his hand to Laughs Creepily to shake hands, "Good luck to you."

As Hobbles introduces himself Talks Too Fast, heads to the center of the area. "OK, next fight is between Hobbles and Laughs creepily. Grab your drinks and place your bets"

So I'm going to give time for spider to post a strategy and everyone to place bets or continue asking questions mingling etc. I'll still answer questions but I'm still going to give a little time for everyone to get things in before I start the fight.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:57 pm

Walks laughs out heartily and nudges Zaks' shoulder amicably. "At least it's not just hot air" she says in a friendly jesting tone, sporting another grin and winking merrily.

"So are there any rules as to what is allowed in such a fight?" she asks Talks. "Except no use of weapons, as you already said. Also: how many of his fights has Hobbles won recently? And which clan is he from?"
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:14 pm

"Good luck to you."

"Hey *teee* thanks! You too, big fella! *heeeeheeee*" Laughs shakes his hand and gets ready to fight.

[[Strategy: I'm fully anticipating an ass kicking here, but Laughs is going to try to last as long as he's able. General strategy would be to stay out of reach of the skull crushing paws of this big fellow, darting away and circling around him, making him use his legs more than he might be used to. If he manages to get circled around to Hobbles back or side and has a clear shot, he'll dart in and focus on attacking the bigger goblin's knees and ankles, trying to further limit his mobility before darting back out of reach.

-If he has any modicum of success, he'll continue doing this until/unless Hobbles changes his strategy, in which case I'll chime in as warranted.

-If he gets smacked around early on, Laughs will try to get his opponent mentally off balance instead, answering every blow with a creepy giggle or chortle, remarking "Oooo! *Teeeheheeee* That tickled!", spitting blood and the like... taking the beating with as good humor as he can muster and playing up his already apparent instability in hopes that it will result in Hobbles being thrown off his game or at least provide some opportunity for Laughs to shoot for the legs.]]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:24 pm

Hobbles nods at the returned gesture of respect but frowns at the laughter. He doesn't look like he's quite sure what to make of Laughs Creepily.

"Nope, pretty much anything goes. In real combat neither you nor your foe would be limited so we try to replicate that as best we can without risking death or permanent injury. We have only had a couple incidents but there is a healer not too far away if you break a bone or anything the healing potions can't handle. People usually tap out before that point, but some like Relentless-One over there just don't have any quit in them. Just remember that when the fight is over, its over. Its usually not an issue but one time someone took offense to something and kept hitting after his opponent gave up. That's behavior we don't allow. And of course no gear at all. Not just weapons. No armor, boots, jewelry. Especially not enchanted ones. One time we found out a guy had his loincloth enchanted. We had to kick him out."

At Walks other questions Hobbles proudly puffs out his chest. "I proudly call the Indigo Mantis clan my own. Since I've been here I have partaken in seventeen fights. I have won ten of them."
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:27 pm

"Nope, pretty much anything goes."

Laughs nods and eyes his opponent's crotch, giggling quietly to himself.

[[Laughs is becoming a creepier, goblin version of Steven from Braveheart, or Floki from Vikings... :roll: ]]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:46 pm

Tells decide to sit back and watch the show hoping his mask doesn't weird anyone out.
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:30 pm

Walks nods and smiles most charmingly at Hobbles. "Thank you for the information. I'm looking forward to seeing you fight.
Good luck, to both of you."
she adds. Since there is nothing at stake, she's not rooting for either, but she hopes no one gets any serious injuries or loses the fight due to some stupid stumbling.

"What about potions?" Walks asks Talks. She has an inkling that those are not allowed either, but she wants to know for sure.

"And about the prize: It's something distilled from balance potions? So it's got alcohol in it, and tastes good I assume? What exactly does it do to your balancing skills, and how long do the effects last?"
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:51 am

(Not rooting for either?! :fume: :roll: )
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:05 am

Forages wishes his team mate good luck then goes around chatting to anyone about their previous fights, trying to get a gauge for their experiences.
After a while he will talk to Relentless-one.

"Hello, Relentless-one, My name is Forges, You wouldn't happen to know a Righteous One or Vengeful One would you? Thought it might be a clan naming of sorts"
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:30 am

"Nope those are not allowed either. As for the brew its amazing. I will warn you, its very strong. It was made by drunken masters after all. But so long as you can hold your liqueur you'll love it. The effect on balance is... weird. It is hard to describe. Its something that shouldn't make sense. You'll sway like you're drunk, well you are drunk, yet its very hard to fall. I think this brew is how they manage those weird dodges in combat. You know, where they lean so far back they are falling but then pop right back up and hit you in the face. That's just speculation, though. And why would you ask how long it lasts? Haven't you ever been drunk?"

While all this is going on the other goblins were obviously sizing up the two competitors. Now some betting has started. It seems Hobbles is favored as more goblins want to bet on him, though Laughs Creepily does have a few supporters due to his seemingly creepy nature. Two goblins who can't find takers walk over to the adventurers.

"I got 5 on hobbles. Any of you rooting on your friend?"
"Yeah any takers? I'm offering the same."

Forges for Food goes around to other goblins but finds everyone quite caught up on analyzing the new guy and what they think of the upcoming fight. However when he reaches Relentless-One, "Hello, Relentless-one, My name is Forges, You wouldn't happen to know a Righteous One or Vengeful One would you? Thought it might be a clan naming of sorts"

"Ah you've met my nephews then. We're from the Great Ones clan. Good lads both of them. Though I never understood Vengeful's name. He's always so peaceful. It was our teller's only screw up, though he keeps saying 'You'll see.'" Forges for Food gets the feeling he may not be up to date on current events.
spiderwrangler wrote:(Not rooting for either?! :fume: :roll: )
If it makes you feel any better I'm rooting for you.

(you guys do realize you can make bets? I put a couple betters in since I wasn't sure if people picked up on that. But you can try to make ones on your own. Since money is on the honor system anyway, I'm trusting you on the bets too.)
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:05 am

► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:37 am

► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:00 am

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:10 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:24 am

► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:35 am

Forges regrettably informs Relentless of his nephew untimely death and his other nephews finding of his name.

"You mean you haven't heard...I'm sorry but your nephew Righteous was killed on an adventure. This has however caused your other nephew to find his name as he joined the guild to avenge him... sort of. I'm sorry for your loss."

After either comforting or leaving Relentless to himself. Forges debates betting the last of his money on a bet and eventually decides what the hell, from the sounds of these spiders he might not be coming back live life while he's got it.

He agrees to take one of the 5gp bets then goes to cheers on his ear brother.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:47 am

► Show Spoiler
Walks shakes her head. "No, thank you." she tells the bet-happy goblins.
To Talks she replies, "Well, actually, since we're here to deal with the spiders and find something or someone beyond the chasm, I was planning on using the drink/potion to get across the remaining rope a bit more safely than I would be able to without it. But in that case it is kind of crucial to know when it will wear off again, don't you think? How much is a mug of it, anyways?"
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:54 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:22 am

At the news Relentless-One, gets a grim look on his face. He doesnÔÇÖt say anything for a while. Then he simply nods and hands Forges for Food a coin, ÔÇ£Thanks for informing me,ÔÇØ he says in a cold voice that indicates the conversation is over.

Forges for Food then accepts the bet from one of the goblins.

Talks Too Fast responds to Walks With The Wind, DonÔÇÖt worry, it will last plenty long enough for that. Though Drinks isnÔÇÖt selling it. IÔÇÖm afraid it is only for the victorious. A little extra incentive goes a long way.

Laughs Creepily and Hobbles take position facing one another. With a hand signal from Talks Too Fast the fight begins. Hobbles starts by taking a couple strong swings at Laughs Creepily. He backsteps to avoid the first but is forced to dive back to avoid the second. Laughs Creepily gets up backing away. He starts to circle but Hobbles charges him. While his stride might be odd, he is still fast. In fact his weird gait makes it harder for Laughs Creepily to anticipate the blow, and he ends up taking it straight to the cheek, knocking him flat on the ground. Laughs Creepily lets out a laugh as he falls. The odd behavior throws Hobbles off enough to give Laughs Creepily just enough time to rise before a fist strikes the ground he sat on a mere moment before.

At the laughter Talks Too Fast turns to Laughs Creepilys companions, Is he sane?

Laughs Creepily continues to dodge blows, trying to get around Hobbles. However, the large goblin doesnÔÇÖt seem to want to let him for some reason. Eventually a firm strike hits Laughs Creepily in the hip dropping him to the ground. He again lets out a cackle which momentarily unnerves Hobbles. Laughs Creepily takes the opportunity and lunges forward to sweep Hobbles leg. He drops to one knee giving Laughs Creepily the hard won opportunity to get behind Hobbles. Laughs Creepily doesnÔÇÖt hesitate to take it either. Once behind him Laughs Creepily pulls the other leg out from underneath Hobbles causing him to fall flat on his face. Laughs Creepily uses his advantage to strike at HobblesÔÇÖs face. But after the first shot, Hobbles turns swinging his arm to backhand his attacker, which Laughs Creepily tries to dodge. It doesnÔÇÖt quite work out the way either goblin intended though. They end rolling over so that Hobbles is laying on Laughs Creepily, who manages to get an arm around HobblesÔÇÖs neck. Laughs Creepily tries to squeeze the neck, but it ends up being hard as he flails about, desperately clinging to HobblesÔÇÖs back. Ultimately Hobbles gets an arm around and manages to grab Laughs Creepily. With a single swift motion he throws Laughs Creepily clear over his head. Laughs Creepily laughs while airborne and even harder once he hits the ground.

Both rise. Laughs Creepily is a definitely hurting. But Hobbles is out of breath and clearly a bit unnerved. Laughs Creepily wonÔÇÖt last too much longer unless he seizes the moment. He charges with a mad cackle on his lips. Hobbles tries to take a swing at him but at the last moment, Laughs Creepily dives at hobbles feet and he is to thrown off to anticipate this. Laughs Creepily tackles the goblin and they both go down in a tangled brawl. Laughs Creepily gets the upper hand though and is able to strike the goblinÔÇÖs groin with a hard kick. He stays down long enough for Laughs Creepily to get a couple head shots in. Hobbles makes a frantic flail but Laughs Creepily once again grabs him around the neck. After a couple moments of struggling Hobbles drops to one knee and then reluctantly taps Laughs Creepily on the arm. The fight is over Laughs Creepily has won.

With the fight over Laughs Creepily only just becomes aware of the screaming and cheering which had been filtered to mere background noise during the intense fight. He turns to see a goblin approaching him with a small vial of healing potion. Who then directs him over to Drinks-Too-Much for a brew. ÔÇ£So you want a mug or a bottle for later?ÔÇØ

Forges for Food has won 5gp.

Talks Too Fast turns to Walks With The Wind, "You ready to fight? You're up next."

ooc: Spider you just barely won the dice roll. So yay you win, but because it was barely, Laughs Creepily lost 3 hp.

► Show Spoiler
You keep asking about the brew. Since You're about to find out anyway: Drunken masterÔÇÖs brew: +15 to balance check, +10% miss chance, + 20% dodge chance, lasts 12 turns (2 swigs, too much at once may cause detrimental effects (same as any other alcoholic beverage))

► Show Spoiler
*I had no intention of making the fight post anywhere near that long... I started to write and it just sorta happened. In fact much of this whole section is more than I intended, but that post particularly so.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10