Lair of the Mountain King: OOC Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King: OOC Thread

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:54 am

Hrmmmmm.... I'm not sure what I can/should attempt. Kind of got myself stuck away from everyone else with tentacle things taking over downstairs.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:52 am

Having some minor RL drama to deal with, so today will be a skip day I'm afraid! We'll resume normal service on Monday.

And yes, please assume Eaten has moved to the others and is currently just standing exactly behind someone else :)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:59 am

GL dealing with that. And *hugs* if you want/need. :)
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:15 am

@Wakes: We have already seen where the road on the right leads. Doesn't seem to be anything there but a ghost like fellow that doesn't look like it'll allow us to continue without issue.

Not gonna stop you if you wanna try and get around smiley and try to find out if I'm right or wrong though, just be aware you might get attacked

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun May 01, 2016 6:42 pm

@Thinks, just a reminder that you may need to remove the stored lightning spell from my amulet, unless its something that the amulet can produce at-will?

I'm really sorry but I wasn't able to find the time to read much of the past events of my character beyond the last year, so I'm not sure if the stored magic within my rings and amulets is 'one-shot' or repetitive, can be replaced with more MP etc.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun May 01, 2016 6:58 pm

@synch: yup! Thanks for the heads up, I had forgotten (maintaining accurate inventories is something I am not good at, so it's worth double-checking often!).

I think the lightning stored in that amulet might have been there when "you" found the amulet, but at any rate, it's a one-shot use. You can refill any "slot" using 1mp to transfer energy from a source (E. G. A flame or whatever) to a target. The transfer costs 1mp whether it goes to an enemy, ally or slotted object.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu May 05, 2016 6:20 pm

We should definitely drink of the pool of wonders.

I can not see this backfiring horribly whatsoever.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu May 05, 2016 8:31 pm

M0rtimer wrote:We should definitely drink of the pool of wonders.

I can not see this backfiring horribly whatsoever.
I personally think "can not" and "cannot" should differ in meaning slightly (with "can not" being that you can choose not to, "cannot" or "can't" being that you're not able to. In reality, they have exactly the same meaning), and with that in mind, I'd say you're entirely correct. :P
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri May 06, 2016 2:34 am

M0rt, not sure if you missed it but Belief said a few things to Burned.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 06, 2016 5:11 am

thinkslogically wrote:You can refill any "slot" using 1mp to transfer energy from a source (E. G. A flame or whatever) to a target. The transfer costs 1mp whether it goes to an enemy, ally or slotted object.
It's been a while, so wanted to clarify, it costs an MP to release it from a slot as well?

Also, it'll cost me an MP to teleport back, does it cost me an MP to get into the blacksmith area or was that just a room?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri May 06, 2016 7:03 am

If your "slot" is filled in a weapon or armour it will (should) discharge automatically (for free) the first time you attack or are hit by an attack respectively. I can't promise I've always remembered to apply that rule on account of how bad I am at inventory management, but that's how it's meant to work. If you store magic in something like a ring or amulet, you can control when the magic is released but it costs 1MP to do so.

And yes, it'll cost you 1MP to get back to the teleporter room (and a move action) but entering the blacksmith room is free. If you need to recharge the teleporter for some reason, that will cost 1MP and a standard action.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon May 09, 2016 9:26 pm

Just to clarify, I assume the Vampiric Axe 'health tick' works whether its equipped or in hammerspace? And it can live in hammerspace, it doesn't have to be equipped all the time? Dropped means leaving inventory completely I assume.

I already have a +4 weapon, does anyone want it?
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue May 10, 2016 3:06 am

Synch wrote:I already have a +4 weapon, does anyone want it?
Are you offering the normal one or the vampiric one?
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue May 10, 2016 3:55 pm

Oh sorry, I meant the vampiric axe. I quite like the sword because you can store spells in it. I am contemplating going with the axe purely for roleplay reasons (battleaxe is the holy weapon of Maglubiyet, so an ideal weapon for Belief) but its obviously a step down from the sword.

I also have a +3 Greatsword that could have some enchantments done to it or something if anyone wants that also.
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu May 12, 2016 2:35 am

I could use an upgrade, I don't mind having an axe that needs to feed every now and then since we have a reliable way of healing (contrary to the island where all hp counts! :P )
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu May 12, 2016 2:40 am

So is it flat out every five turns it has to feed, or if you use it to attack before then will it reset the countdown then?
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu May 12, 2016 5:22 am

No, it's within 5 turns. So "feeding" it on turn 3 gets you until turn 8 before it'll hurt you. But feeding it any time before that is fine (multiple attacks don't stack though - you only ever get 5 turns space from your last "feeding"

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon May 16, 2016 7:53 pm

Well, the axe has drunk now Theis, if you still want it. You'll be good for 5 turns at least :)
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon May 16, 2016 8:03 pm

Those black tentacles totally look friendly, right?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon May 16, 2016 8:47 pm

Just hugs!
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu May 19, 2016 1:15 am

anyone got any idea on the goblin brothers question?
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu May 19, 2016 1:17 am

Nope, this is the first we've heard of brothers.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri May 27, 2016 4:59 am

Just tried running the puzzle against the wall against a basic "shifted alphabet cipher"... SFH can almost match, but it's off by one letter (SFV is what I get only shifting the alphabet)

Trying to equal "death" to "WDJHR" also gets me nowhere important, which seems to suggest it might indeed in fact be the names we need, but we seem to lack pieces we need to finish the puzzle... Maybe those goblin plaques above hold some clues as well?

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri May 27, 2016 8:54 pm

I've solved the puzzle already, but its not good roleplay if I tell you the answer now. Want to send the clues to Belief in ESP and I'll send the answer back.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'll come to you.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:30 pm

So, Mort, you know that the statues you've said match have other identical partners all around the place, right?
My game:

My characters: