Lair of the Mountain King: OOC Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King: OOC Thread

Post by Dlover » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:30 pm

Dusk9 wrote:But yeah, I agree that a map would be nice. I keep forgetting were everything is. Also atm I'm just trying to think of something for Eaten to do while waiting for the others to get ready for fighting. I toying with the idea of trying to make something out of the ribcages, except I have no clue what would even be useful...more bone armour maybe? :?
Bear traps! The enemies in the main corridor normally chasse us, so we could put traps to use. I'm not sure how effective using ribs at traps would be, but it'd be as good as armour, right?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:45 pm

But those little buggers are constantly putting traps themselves... They're probably immune to it by now. :roll:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:15 pm

The Minions have been, but it has summoned other things.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:45 pm

Okay, new plan. I'm going to use the ribcages to build up my hide shield, to try and make it into one of those really big tower shield things. Something big enough that I need two hands to carry it. Then I'll focus buffing my mana so I can just sit in front of enemies and cast spells from behind my shield (from my rings), while you guys poke them from the sides! :D

Hmm...I wonder if there's any way of doing a "taunt" spell in this system...

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:54 pm

Well, Turtles sent himself into a rage once while trying to calm a snake so it's possible to screw with emotions for sure. It's just going to be a two-way effect.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:57 pm

So....I could transfer my anger into the enemy? So it gets really pissed at me, but I'm super chill?

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:14 pm

We should make Burned the tank then. We'll feed the enemy with our resentment of him and for once we will accept him as a proper chief.. Maybe.. :P

regarding the lack of posting, I've been very busy this week preparing for stuff at the university and once it was done I was pretty much completely spend and pretty much had to turn my brain completely off for the following days :roll:

I've had a bit of problems trying to figure out what I want to do besides beat the ghost for now. It's all so grand and hard to decide what will be the best option to go for (or just optimal without being torn to shreds :P )
And I guess M0rt does have some good points about game mechanics.. :roll:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:21 pm

Yeah... The game is getting more balanced the longer it goes on, but having 5HP and super variable DEF scores doesn't make it the easiest system to balance :lol:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:09 pm

I have good knowledge (IC) of how to possibly do something with the green stone, but need to use forge mech to do it.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:11 pm

Aware. As promised, Burned will help you out with that... Once we deal with this ghost and the living shadow monster creatures that are now lurking behind the teleporter, of course.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:21 pm

We've also got all the items to go on the pedestals too.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:52 pm

Yup. You guys are actually pretty far on.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:01 pm

Theis2 wrote:We should make Burned the tank then. We'll feed the enemy with our resentment of him and for once we will accept him as a proper chief.. Maybe.. :P
I dunnooo, our disapproval of Burned seems to run pretty deep. :P
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:23 pm

Thinking we might be very unprepared for this fight.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:50 pm

Might be.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:26 am

We'll be fiiiiiiine

(Oh god we're doomed)

Seriously though, it is possible we might need to do a full retreat or have some people back off to recover MP then come back in, simply cuz we ran out of MP to fight with otherwise...

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:04 pm

I've got a bunch of stored fire damage in my rings if you guys want to channel something. As well as some robes with a fire slot, for some reason... :roll:

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:14 am

actually, since the ghost doesn't have a body, it could be just magic energy that it's made of? How about we try to channel ALL of it into an empty slot, e.g. on the newly crafted hat that Finds made? In the worst case, we either end up with a possessed/haunted hat but considerably have weakened the ghost, in the best it gets trapped in the hat and then we could just lock it in a chest and wait until an unwary adventurer opens it. XD No wait, that would be more likely to happen on the Island... But still. >:D
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:29 am

Mind your new hat only has 1mp slot :)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:32 am

Ah, but perhaps with Tug's recent experience in compacting multiple layers of poison into one stronger layer he can compress the ghost absorption for greater effect? Maybe? I don't really expect too much there, he only did it once, but it's something.
My game:

My characters: