Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

willpell
Banned

Re: The Road to Adventure? - Whiteleaf Game, take 3

Post by willpell » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:22 pm

(Not ready to resolve attack rolls and such yet, so a quick round-up of the situation with regards to initiative and indicated actions.)

* 16-6: Kast - getting off spiderback and going to attack Loren
* 16-3: Kzri - having the munchies
* 16-2: Ryritan - undecided
* 14-5: Brobdag - undecided
* 14-0: Eileen - talking is a free action so undecided still (it's fine if you want to see what the last two do before declaring)
* 13-N: Khrerrark - probably taking a 5-foot step and attacking Loren, Nerre please confirm if this is still your intent (may revise if desired, as per previous parenthetical note).
* 04-3: Xolenon - being useless, like a good little tertiary NPC combatant should.
* 23-3: Jaguar - TBD skulduggerous treachery
* 22-2: Loren - having a very bad day

If this sounds okay to everyone I'll go ahead with action phases 16-14 "pretty soon".
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:43 pm

(Well actually she'd likely react to them depending on what they do but unless and obvious choice she's likely going to be focused on joining Kast or khrerrark to make her attacks a hell of a lot more effective and then hit the bushes someplace she can sense large things moving...)
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:47 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:46 pm

While Kast does not care (and may not even know) about the long-vanished Drow Cult of the Spider Queen, who once preyed upon the surface elves in the name of their bloodthirsty goddess, his primary weapon is quite likely of their design, or at least patterned upon one like it; as its mystically guided blade slips between the rows of mithril links and bites deep into the bandit's flesh, it lets out a little vibration of thrill as it bites into a vein and begins "drinking". Somehow, the witcheries worked into the steel spin the stolen blood's plasma into a silk-like solid, which sprouts like werewolf-hair from every pore on the victim's body, the strands anchoring themselves to one another and then plucking free of the flesh, forming a tight cocoon to envelop the unfortunate. The old dark-elf kidnappers would usually drag these victims, alive and kicking, down into the mile-deep cavern complexes they inhabit, enabling them to be extensively tortured and sacrificed; immobilizing them was the first step, and that's likely why they created weapons like this one. The wood-elf sees no particular stigma in its use, but moments like this one require him to be slightly active, on a subconscious level, in denying any possibility of a connection.

Devoid of any such concerns, Kzri happily pounces upon Brobdag.

(I've decided not to bother with attack rolls at the moment; rolling dice to see how long it takes a Large spider to eat a Large humanoid doesn't seem like as much fun as I used to think it would be. We can call this encounter pretty much over at this point if you wish, since Jaguar has run away, and Kast's spell and crit between them effortlessly took out Loren. Of if you want to continue, then it turns less into a fight than an investigation, but we've established that I'm not great at running scenes like that.)
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:00 pm

Yes: * 13-N: Khrerrark - probably taking a 5-foot step and attacking Loren, Nerre please confirm if this is still your intent (may revise if desired, as per previous parenthetical note).
:zzz:

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:14 pm

Nerre wrote:Yes: * 13-N: Khrerrark - probably taking a 5-foot step and attacking Loren, Nerre please confirm if this is still your intent (may revise if desired, as per previous parenthetical note).
Even after she took a critical hit and was immobilized by webs?
My long-neglected blog.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:36 pm

As long as the sense he is getting from Kzri seems to indicate she had matters well in hand, he will leave her to her feeding, and Kast will question the archer as to who sent them, reasons for attacking, etc. If no answers are forthcoming, he'll leave the archer trapped beneath the silk webbing and let the spider swarm attacking her him to run its course. If that is the case, he'll go check on the driver and man lizard, summoning Khrerak to come minister to them rather than bashing the immobile archer, and that he can't control who the swarm targets once they get started.

((Posted a bunch and tried to leave it somewhat open so you can do what you want as far as progressing. If V can be revived, at least keeping the body at hand for him to see if he can ID it if she he doesn't outlast the spider swarm. If she he manages to live, perhaps keep her him around for V to question? Once the swarm dissipates, Kast will strip her him of arms and armor.))
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:56 am

Sorry, did not understand thart bandit ment the archer falling down. If she is immobile, Krerrak willhelp his other teammembers and join up with them to fight enemiesif any are left. During the interogation he will guard the archer. If kast wants to interview her during battle, he will say ÔÇ£no time for that nowÔÇ£, else he will listen. If the battle is over, he will healthosewho need it withhis soulmeld.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:21 am

The web-cocooned figure wiggles as if thrashing about violently, as the spiders wiggle through the strands in order to continue nibbling at it. Brobdag is bitten repeatedly, and makes the ill-considered decision to try and grapple Kzri as she crawls all over him, stabbing with her fangs and then shifting position to elude his grip; by the time he manages to get a hold, the venom has sapped his strength enough for her to break free in short order, so while he wrenches a few of her legs a little, the battle never stops being "thoroughly one-sided", and soon progresses to "inevitable". Before long, he's been helplessly paralyzed and is being drained of his fluids; the great spider is happy, or as close to that emotion as she ever gets.

Varshyl and his driver are snoring loudly by now; examination of the arrows proves them to be dipped in some sort of potion or alchemical toxin. Waking them within a minute of the attack proves impossible, but they're definitely just sleeping soundly, rather than having yet suffered any real harm (other than an arrow wound each, which Khrerrark can mend with virtually no pain to himself).

By the time the webs decay, the mithril-clad assailant has been severely sickened by the venom from hundreds of microspider bites; he (everyone but Khrerrark still thinks this is the correct pronoun, given the mustachioed appearance and male-cut clothes and a splash of cologne) whimpers pathetically through tightly-pressed lips as the little arachnids continue their work. Once the swarm dissipates, the figure whimpers "I surrender!!!"
My long-neglected blog.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:13 am

Kast scans the surrounding road and woods, alert for any other attackers. If nothing stirs, he'll call out to Elieen and the dwarf to let them know that nothing else is around, and that they ought to leave Kzri to eat in peace.

((I know you said that jaguar ran off, but since we didn't know it was there to start with, it would be in keeping for Kast to be alert for other opponents... if you wish to sidestep this check, he would likely trust in Kzri and the Xolenon's 60ft tremorsense to alert the party of other intruders (so she may have been aware of the jaguar?). The second attacker likely is more than Kzri can eat alone, so I'd imagine she may let Xol feed from the remains once she's finished, but wouldn't take kindly to him jumping in while she's getting her fill. ))

At blade point, he will instruct the archer to drop any weapons, and remove all armor (allowing him to retain his clothing) then bind his hands together behind him and ties the rope off to the fallen tree before giving him a pat down to check for any concealed weapons, items, etc.

((I'd ask for a Spot check to see through the disguise, but feel bad about referring to the archer as 'her' in my last post... soooo... Kast is more focused on diffusing the threat/concerned for the unconscious party members to look too closely at the archer's face. If he discovers gender in the course of frisking 'him', then so be it. ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:48 am

(Eileen briefly encountered Jaguar, I believe.)
My long-neglected blog.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:39 am

(who/what are we waiting on...not me I hope because I thought there was someone else's actions to resolve before mine...)

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:52 am

There's a probability that I'm going to lose Internet access a month from now. It might be a good idea if we tried to wrap this game up...let me know if there's anything you guys would particularly like attended to.
My long-neglected blog.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:01 pm

"Talk, then we will see if we accept your surrender. No further harm if the informations are good. You know, who, and why, and why us, why here, what for, and so on." Khrerrak commands the bandit, still weary about more bandits lurking in the bushes around.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:15 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:15 pm

Hope your internetless time will soon be over.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:36 pm

You probably missed it but Willpell became the first banned member of the forum over here.
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:59 pm

As such, maybe this wants to be shifted over to Completed?

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:13 pm

nikohl wrote:As such, maybe this wants to be shifted over to Completed?
Willpell's games, completed? :lol: Ironic!

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:43 pm

Completed is probably the best place for it without creating a new subsection .... Purgatory?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:03 pm

Well that was inevitable for someone who thought that a private forum should be public property...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:05 pm

How about making an "Incomplete" games subfolder? There was a lot of them earlier, like 90% did not finish or stopped already after about 5-10 turns. Earlier means the last two forums, not this one. :/

Synch just pointed me on the banned link as I did not spot it. Thought the banned was a joke, but he reminded me that was with Krulle. Damn, really liked the game.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:29 pm

Since willpell cannot update due to his bannishment, I will lock the thread.