For all games that are now over.
Nerre
Game Master

Foray Carnage Turn 50

Post by Nerre » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:10 am

FORAY CARNAGE
Turn 1:

Events:
You get called into the hut of the warchief. He sits in front of you, on his high chair, some fancy trophy decorations behind him.
"Hey comrades. I got a task for you. The humans living behind the rocks in the east decided to claim some of our territory by settling at the cold lake. A hunter found out lately, and we cannot allow that. If we do not act nowright ahead more of them will come, and once they start building stone walls, it will be harder to attack them. Strike now, burn it down, leave nobody alive and find out about why they came, if possible."
the chief waves at one of his guards, who places the map on a table in front of you.
"This will help you to get there, we marked the fords where you can cross the river safely, if there is no flood. And the village. Grab your gear and get going!"

Information:
The game starts now, have fun! :)

Characters:
.[tabs: Kills the Pain]
Player: Dlover

Attributes:
6/6 hp
2 DEF
1 ATK
1 RATK
Abilities:
Medic [heal 1 hp or stop bleeding (1/turn)]
Inventory:
1 dagger (+0 ATK) EQUIPPED
[tabs: Blindingly Ignorant]
Player: ChuckDaRighteous

Attributes:
6/6 hp
2 DEF
1 ATK
1 RATK
1 MATK
Spells:
Magic Missile [deals 2 dam per missile / (1+MATK)/2 missiles, rounded down / missiles can be split between targets (1/turn)]
Inventory:
[tabs: Misses Wildly]
Player: D34dlock

Attributes:
6/6 hp
1 DEF
1 ATK
4 RATK (3+1)
Inventory:
1 bow (+1 RATK) EQUIPPED
[tabs: Defiles Corpses]
Player: Spiderwrangler

Attributes:
8/8 hp
1 DEF
3 ATK (2+1)
1 RATK
Inventory:
1 sword (+1 ATK) EQUIPPED
[tabs: Splinters Bones]
Player: NotStickFigures

Attributes:
6/6 hp
2 DEF
3 ATK (2+1)
1 RATK
Inventory:
1 sword (+1 ATK) EQUIPPED[/tabs]Possible Loot:
Last edited by Nerre on Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:36 pm, edited 45 times in total.
:zzz:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Foray Carnage Turn 1

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:23 am

"I say we cross over on the lower ford then move up along the large rock to strike at the camp from there. If we cross closer to the village, they may have patrols that could see us as we are crossing the river.", Defiles says reasonably.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:43 am

"Sounds like a smart plan." Blindingly Ignorant will go along with what Defiles said
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:43 pm

"Hm, yes, that would seem like the best plan. If we went for the ford closer to the humans first and it was fortified we would lose quite some time heading back down to the southern one. I agree, we should head there first."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

D34dlock
Is Heard Often

Post by D34dlock » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:56 pm

Then it's agreed. Cross at the southern Ford then either follow the river or the rock ridge north. If we encounter a patrol either ambush or avoid. Do not leave witnesses to alert the town or the kingdom they come from, so if we are spotted we engage if we think we can win. We should consider approaching the village from the East or the North to disguise our Warcamps location. Any that flee will likely head for human controlled lands. Some traps on the path back to them may be wise. The longer it takes them to find out about the attack the more time the rest of the Warcamp has to prepare for what follows. Sending a group to the northern Bloodfeast Forest to build Rafts or Canoes may help in case they survive to build walls. If they are not needed we can keep them hidden in the forest, use them to hide supply caches or build traps. But lets grab some food & go. Those are decisions for the chief.
I'm still reading shifters.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:00 pm

That is fine. You think you can think like a human and outsmart them. We will see. They are probably to dumb to be worried about us. He then follows the rest quietly, preparing himself for a fight

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:07 pm

"Perhaps, but it would be more stupid if we were not cautious with out own actions."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Nerre
Game Master

Foray Carnage Turn 2

Post by Nerre » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:24 am

FORAY CARNAGE
Turn 2:

Events:
The goblins discuss for a while, before they get going. Some a more sparing with words, while others seems to sputter them out.
"I say we cross over on the lower ford then move up along the large rock to strike at the camp from there. If we cross closer to the village, they may have patrols that could see us as we are crossing the river." Defiles suggests reasonably.
"Sounds like a smart plan." Blindingly Ignorant approves.
"Hm, yes, that would seem like the best plan. If we went for the ford closer to the humans first and it was fortified we would lose quite some time heading back down to the southern one. I agree, we should head there first."
Then it's agreed. Cross at the southern Ford then either follow the river or the rock ridge north. If we encounter a patrol either ambush or avoid. Do not leave witnesses to alert the town or the kingdom they come from, so if we are spotted we engage if we think we can win. We should consider approaching the village from the East or the North to disguise our Warcamps location. Any that flee will likely head for human controlled lands. Some traps on the path back to them may be wise. The longer it takes them to find out about the attack the more time the rest of the Warcamp has to prepare for what follows. Sending a group to the northern Bloodfeast Forest to build Rafts or Canoes may help in case they survive to build walls. If they are not needed we can keep them hidden in the forest, use them to hide supply caches or build traps. But lets grab some food & go. Those are decisions for the chief.
That is fine. You think you can think like a human and outsmart them. We will see. They are probably to dumb to be worried about us.
"Perhaps, but it would be more stupid if we were not cautious with out own actions."
After they agreed on crossing the river at the lower ford, the grabbed their equipment and headed that way. The river was cold, but not high on water, so it was easy for them to cross it. They went further away from the warcamp than they ever had done in their life.
When they reached the forest named "Stumble forest" on their map, they instantly understood, why it was named that way. The terrain maybe was flat so close to the river, but still, there was a lot of stones, geologic cargo from the large rocks in the east. It had broken off and fallen down the mountain sides since a long time. Some had split and cracked. Some were just small stones of hand size, rounded by water, others where sharp cause they broke recently. Some were almost fully hidden in the ground as it seemed, like an iceberg. But there were enough that were so large, that they had to climb them, others were even so steep they had to find a way around them.
While some light reached the ground, it was not much, as they understood from looking at the vegetation. Only few patches of gras, some mushrooms, but beside that, the ground was covered with old leaves and pieces of wood. And stones, stones wherever they looked. Some were hidden below the leaves and wood, building dangerous traps. They had to watch their steps carefully and should not run, if they would not want to break their ankles. Maybe they could get quicker with some training. Having an eye for it would make it easier.

Information:
Cause some seemed to mix those up:
ford = shallow path in a river. You get wet feet, but you can cross it.
fort = fortification.

Characters:

Attributes:
6/6 hp
2 DEF
1 ATK
1 RATK
Abilities:
Inventory:

Attributes:
6/6 hp
2 DEF
1 ATK
1 RATK
1 MATK
Spells:
Magic Missile [deals 2 dam per missile / (1+MATK)/2 missiles, rounded down / missiles can be split between targets (1/turn)]
Inventory:

Attributes:
6/6 hp
1 DEF
1 ATK
4 RATK (3+1)
Inventory:
1 bow (+1 RATK) EQUIPPED

Attributes:
8/8 hp
1 DEF
3 ATK (2+1)
1 RATK
Inventory:

Attributes:
6/6 hp
2 DEF
3 ATK (2+1)
1 RATK
Inventory:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Foray Carnage Turn 2

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:20 am

Defiles harvests some mushrooms, inspecting them to see if he recognizes anything about them... perhaps the healer might know more?

"Hey Kills... can you tell if these mushrooms are good to eat?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:05 pm

Splinters Bones makes sure he walks very carefully over the rock strewn ground. As his name might, or might not imply, he has splintered a few of his own bones too, not just the bones of others. His nose shows this the best, being far from straight. So he is being very careful not to fall and break anything. His goal on this mission is to only splinter OTHER beings bones, not his.

He will stand still and carefully take in the surrounding forest. He wants to listen for wildlife, humans or whatnot. He will try to ignore his fellow goblins for just a bit and look for anything interesting that is not seen casually, but that could be hidden if not intently looked for.

Once the rest are ready to move on again, he will be ready to go. When moving again, he will focus on listening carefully to the sounds in the forest.

D34dlock
Is Heard Often

Post by D34dlock » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:05 pm

Fire would be a bad idea but something to make a wind break or lean to from will make the nights warmer & drier. Straight twigs & feathers for making some extra arrows are also sought. Misses will be on the lookout for twigs, branches & feathers to collect & will also make a halfhearted attempt to get the others to carry one large straight'ish branch each. "Do you want something to help you check your footing. You can use this to poke questionable ground."

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:43 pm

Blindingly Ignorant will look for a tall tree, climb it, and try to scout out the terrain ahead (hopefully the foliage isn't too dense). In particular looking for any potential paths or enemy patrols. Afterwards he will accept misses stick and use it to take the lead through wherever his scouting indicated might be safe. If he scouts an enemy patrol he will lead the others in setting up an ambush. He will continue his tree climbing tactic every so often, as they make their way through the forest.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:42 pm

"I'm a medicine man, not a gatherer. I could maybe tell you if they're used in medicine, but probably not whether they're edible.
My game:

My characters:

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:01 pm

OOC: Kills does not recognize those mushrooms as some used as medicine.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:16 pm

Defiles shrugs and stores them away for now.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:50 am

Hey guys, I think Nerre had mentioned it in the recruitment thread, but he's getting married today, and will be off honeymooning for a bit, so it'll be a few weeks til we resume.

Nerre, if you're reading this and still on your honeymoon, log out of the forum and go be with your spouse! :D
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:15 pm

Thanks Spiderwrangler. You were right about why I wasn't here.

Hello everybody!

I am here only for a moment. Yesterday was my wedding, tomorrow early I will fly away for honeymoon (actually today, as it is 12 min past midnight over here). I would like to tell you that I did not manage to update anything before the flight, as the aftermath today was too much. So have fun with the games, maybe roleplay a little, I will be back on the weekend of the 24th Jan. Maybe I can visit the forum a few times in the evening, but I won't promise anything.

Best
Nerre

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:36 pm

Congratulations on getting married, mate. Mate it be a happy one.
My game:

My characters:

D34dlock
Is Heard Often

Post by D34dlock » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:56 am

Congrats. Have fun. Lots of it.

Nerre
Game Master

Foray Carnage Turn 3

Post by Nerre » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:44 am

FORAY CARNAGE
Turn 3:

Events:
The goblins advance carefully trough the rocky forest, making sure nobody trips and breaks his ankles. From time to time, Blindingly climbs a tree to check that they are heading for the right direction and to see any traces of trouble ahead. But beside the faint smoke from the chimneys of the village he cannot spot anything, the forest is too dense around them.
Defiles collects some mushrooms and asks "Hey Kills... can you tell if these mushrooms are good to eat?".
"I'm a medicine man, not a gatherer. I could maybe tell you if they're used in medicine, but probably not whether they're edible" Kills answers, so Defiles shrugs and justs puts them away for now.
Misses tries to convince the others to each carry a large straight branch, but nobody responses. He carries some branches, but cannot handle more than six without risking to trip or lose some of them. He also finds a handfull of feather on the ground, looks like some predator ate a bird here.

After a while of walking - well more rocky ground climbing - they reach a narrow passage, with steep stone walls on both sides. A dead dree is lying in front of them, but they can walk around it. They also spot a narrow hole along a crack in the right wall. The walls are very steep, but with the dead tree they could manage to climb up.

Information:
- nothing special this turn.

Characters:

Attributes:
6/6 hp
2 DEF
1 ATK
1 RATK
Abilities:
Inventory:

Attributes:
6/6 hp
2 DEF
1 ATK
1 RATK
1 MATK
Spells:
Inventory:

Attributes:
6/6 hp
1 DEF
1 ATK
4 RATK (3+1)
Inventory:
1 bow (+1 RATK) EQUIPPED
6 straight branches
1 handfull of feathers

Attributes:
8/8 hp
1 DEF
3 ATK (2+1)
1 RATK
Inventory:
4 large mushrooms (unknown)

Attributes:
6/6 hp
2 DEF
3 ATK (2+1)
1 RATK
Inventory:

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Re: Foray Carnage Turn 3

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:18 pm

Yay, you're back. Welcome back. Hope your honeymoon was good.

Is that hole big enough for a goblin to fit in? If it is, blindingly ignorant will investigate it. Otherwise (or afterward if nothing interesting) he will climb the log and provide magic missile cover to his allies below as they travel the passage.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:21 pm

Defiles will carefully bypass the tree and scout ahead down the narrow passage, alter for potential ambushes or danger.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:30 pm

"We're going to want to try to stay out of the ravine. And area like that is ideal for traps or ambushes, and we don't want to be caught in either." Kills climbs the tree to the upper area, carefully looking ahead.
My game:

My characters:

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:38 pm

"We could use that to our advantage. We could let some of our more defensively capable members draw out an ambush while those of us with range could ambush the ambushers from above"
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

D34dlock
Is Heard Often

Post by D34dlock » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:27 am

"A ravine is where water rushes through. that means flash floods when it rains. We shouldn't have anyone on the bottom. The hole should be examined i case we can find food or something be we still need to hurry. What side of the ravine do we need to be on to get to the village? Should we try to climb the crack or the tree? We shouldn't split the party."

Misses will cover any goblin that checks the hole Gather some & will then climb to the top of the ravine.

If these turns are over multiple days Misses will make & fletch some arrows.