For all games that are now over.
Nerre
Game Master

Foray Carnage Turn 7

Post by Nerre » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:14 am

FORAY CARNAGE
Turn 7:

Events:
Blindingly shoots some more magic missiles after the snake, angrily shouting "own't ooo un fum eee!", but the snake seems to be gone. Since he cannot follow it any deeper, he backs out, which takes a while in the narrow passage.
This saves Kills from having to try to pull him out, so he just lectures him "What the hell do you think you're doing? First you crawl into the thing's home, then you attack it, and now you've got some sort of grudge against it for defending itself? We can't back you up in there if there are more of them! You would just be getting yourself killed! Even humans can normally recognise that crawling into a tight area that is known to house venomous creatures who want to kill you is a stupid idea."
"Yeah, how blindingly ignora.... oh, right. Sorry." Defiles comments and stops when he understands what he just was about to say. He then walks over to the large stick to pick it up. It really is a large stick, about as long as he is large. While the tree is shattered, the wood seems decently solid.
Splinters rolls his eyes, not believing that Blindingly is still obsessed about going after the snake, even after being poisoned by it. He backs away from the hole when Blindingly starts to crouch out and lets them argue. Instead he climbs over the fallen tree and explores a bit further down the ravine, heading to where the walls move in closest to each other. He walks slowly and spots a lot of stones, but most are either far to huge or only small pebbles. He would not have expected it to be so hard to find a stone with just the right size and shape. The gap is so deep and overhung by trees, it is a bit shadowy in there.

Misses continues to watch over his friends. He notices that Splinter will be out of his sight soon if he advances further without himself following him along the edge.

Information:
- Blindingly still has to speak only Gibberish, using only vocals and sounds you can make with your throat, not using your tongue or teeth.
- Blindingly loses 1 hp cause of the snake's venom.

Characters:
.[tabs: Kills the Pain]
Player: Dlover

Attributes:
6/6 hp
2 DEF
1 ATK
1 RATK
Abilities:
Medic [heal 1 hp or stop bleeding (1/turn)]
Inventory:
1 dagger (+0 ATK) EQUIPPED
[tabs: Blindingly Ignorant]
Player: ChuckDaRighteous

Attributes:
4/6 hp - venomed
2 DEF
1 ATK
1 RATK
1 MATK
Spells:
Magic Missile [deals 2 dam per missile / (1+MATK)/2 missiles, rounded down / missiles can be split between targets (1/turn)]
Inventory:
[tabs: Misses Wildly]
Player: D34dlock

Attributes:
6/6 hp
1 DEF
1 ATK
4 RATK (3+1)
Inventory:
1 bow (+1 RATK) EQUIPPED
6 straight branches
1 handfull of feathers
[tabs: Defiles Corpses]
Player: Spiderwrangler

Attributes:
8/8 hp
1 DEF
3 ATK (2+1)
1 RATK
Inventory:
1 sword (+1 ATK) EQUIPPED
4 large mushrooms (unknown)
[tabs: Splinters Bones]
Player: NotStickFigures

Attributes:
6/6 hp
2 DEF
3 ATK (2+1)
1 RATK
Inventory:
1 sword (+1 ATK) EQUIPPED[/tabs]Possible Loot:
:zzz:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Foray Carnage Turn 7

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:23 am

If the girls branch can be inventory'd, Defiles will take it, but drop it if it's too large and unwieldy. He'll scamper up the fallen tree and hustle to catch up to his companion on the edge of the ravine.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

D34dlock
Is Heard Often

Post by D34dlock » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:56 am

Misses notes again how the gap would make an excellent ambush site as a deadly funnel. Doubly so if we were to build a barricade with the tree.

Misses calls down to them
"We should think about moving the tree to the narrow part of the gap so we have a fall back position in case things go bad & we are followed from the village. but first things first I'm going to keep an eye out for Splinters."

Misses follows Splinters on the ridge line.
I'm still reading shifters.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:02 am

Blindingly, climbs up the log and advances. If Kills offers medical attention he will let him attend to his injuries first.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:15 pm

Kills tends to Blindingly as best he can before climbing the log.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:58 am

Waiting for a post for Splinters. :)

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:54 pm

Splinters will not go too much further up the ravine without someone going with him. He will only go another 20 feet, keeping to the shadows and trying to see what might be further up. If he sees nothing he will turn around and rejoin the others. On the way back he will again keep on the looking for a few good 'throwing' rocks of the appropriate size.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:34 am

I will get at, sit in the sun, and try to draw (if I am not again swarmed by family, friends and so on. Yesterday my phone did not want to stop ringing for some reason. No birthday, just a lot of stuff that is up currently. ;) )

Nerre
Game Master

Foray Carnage Turn 8

Post by Nerre » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:07 pm

FORAY CARNAGE
Turn 8:

Events:
All but one goblins climb up to the edge of the gap. Then they follow it together. The gaps is longer than expected, as they notice after a while. Splinter walking down there looks up to his comrades from time to time, when he reaches a narrow bend in the gap. When he takes a careful look around, he spots a ramp slightly leading downward towards a cave mouth. Several wolves are right in front of it, and there doesn't seem to be another exit out of the gap than the way he just went, except for steep and earthy slopes on both sides of the cave.

Information:
- Blindingly slowly can feel his tongue again. Seems the venom is wearing off. He still has to be careful not to bite his numb tongue, but he can speak again. Kind of.

Characters:

Attributes:
6/6 hp
2 DEF
1 ATK
1 RATK
Abilities:
Inventory:

Attributes:
4/6 hp - weakly venomed
2 DEF
1 ATK
1 RATK
1 MATK
Spells:
Magic Missile [deals 2 dam per missile / (1+MATK)/2 missiles, rounded down / missiles can be split between targets (1/turn)]
Inventory:

Attributes:
6/6 hp
1 DEF
1 ATK
4 RATK (3+1)
Inventory:
1 bow (+1 RATK) EQUIPPED
6 straight branches
1 handfull of feathers

Attributes:
8/8 hp
1 DEF
3 ATK (2+1)
1 RATK
Inventory:

Attributes:
6/6 hp
2 DEF
3 ATK (2+1)
1 RATK
Inventory:

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Re: Foray Carnage Turn 8

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:45 pm

Blindingly will cover his comrade with magic missiles if combat with the wolves is engaged. Otherwise he will look something he can lower down to pull his comrade out.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:01 pm

Kills will spend the turn trying to patch up Blindingly again.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

D34dlock
Is Heard Often

Post by D34dlock » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:23 pm

Misses will ready arrows for if a fight breaks out.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:00 pm

Splinters is not wanting to take on several wolves on his own.

He will slowly and quietly back up from his position and try not to be seen.

Once safely away, he will quicken his pace and then head back to the fallen tree, climb up it, and rejoin his companions.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:34 pm

Defiles heads back towards the fallen tree, if Spliters makes it out unseen, so much the better, but if he's headed out with wolves on his tail, Defiles wants to be there to provide support.

He wonders what kind of goodies might be in that wolf den... it's surely worth checking out... maybe now that they've scouted the ravine, they can all climb back down and do some wolf slaying. That would provide a bunch of corpses to play with...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:08 pm

(I'd really expect wolves to keep their den clean. While there may be loot, don't be too surprised if there isn't.)
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:11 pm

((I'm more in the 'it's a game, there's a wolves den at the end of a ravine, there must be loot' camp, myself. ;) ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Foray Carnage Turn 9

Post by Nerre » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:21 pm

FORAY CARNAGE
Turn 9:

Events:
While Kills, Misses and Blindingly stay close to the wolf den, ready to strike if a fight breaks out, Splinters sneaks back to the fallen tree and climbs up with the help of Defiles, who decided to guard his retreat from above. Splinters notices he was lucky the wolfs could not smell him, cause the wind blew from their den towards the canyon, not the other way.
Kills meanwhile did see that the effects of the poison on Blindingly fully weared off, and he seams to be back at his former strength and health.

Information:
- Blindingly can speak normal again.

Characters:

Attributes:
6/6 hp
2 DEF
1 ATK
1 RATK
Abilities:
Inventory:

Attributes:
6/6 hp
2 DEF
1 ATK
1 RATK
1 MATK
Spells:
Inventory:

Attributes:
6/6 hp
1 DEF
1 ATK
4 RATK (3+1)
Inventory:
1 bow (+1 RATK) EQUIPPED
6 straight branches
1 handfull of feathers

Attributes:
8/8 hp
1 DEF
3 ATK (2+1)
1 RATK
Inventory:

Attributes:
6/6 hp
2 DEF
3 ATK (2+1)
1 RATK
Inventory:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Foray Carnage Turn 9

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:31 pm

Backtrack to join the others since they obviously want nothing to do with the wolf den that clearly has loot in it.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:53 pm

Blindingly basically got his ass handed to him by a single snake. If Kills hadn't been healing him the poison would have come pretty close to deadly. A pack of wolves is a bit much.
My game:

My characters:

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:11 pm

We might be able to attack from above and thin them out. if splinters couldn't make it up the side, they shouldn't be able to either.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:38 pm

Looking at the tree that we used to get up out of the ravine, it is situated in such a way that the wolves could easily use it to follow us up, if they tried, or is it too steep for critters without hands?

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:12 am

You don't know that much about wolves, so you can only guess. It is steep, they got claws. Might work, might not.

D34dlock
Is Heard Often

Post by D34dlock » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:08 am

"So do we want to take this fight? Between the Pelts & the Meat it could help us, but if it goes bad we die here."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:10 am

"It is best to air on the side of caution. Besides, if there are human scouts anywhere in the area they would likely hear the fighting."
My game:

My characters:

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:14 am

"how do we expect to take on humans if we can't even take a pack of wolves when we have the high ground?"
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10