Foray Carnage Turn 50

For all games that are now over.
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Re: Foray Carnage Turn 3

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:26 am

Splinters go along to check out the hole. "You should not check that alone, a small opening could lead to a much larger cave, which could have any sort of wild animal in it."

Looking around at the others he also says, "I agree, we should stay close, do not split up too far, or we can't help each other, danger can be hiding behind any rock."

He looks up particularly at the large rock on top of the ravine, which could easily hide someone, something, or possibly be pushed down into the ravine.

Nerre
Game Master

Foray Carnage Turn 4

Post by Nerre » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:23 pm

FORAY CARNAGE
Turn 4:

Events:
The goblins are a bit undecided what to do. While some imdediatly take action, others discuss some ideas and wait.

While Kills and and Blindingly are up for splitting the group so they could ambush whatever would encounter those in the ravine, Misses objects by pointing out the dangers of the ravine during rain.
"We're going to want to try to stay out of the ravine. And area like that is ideal for traps or ambushes, and we don't want to be caught in either."
"We could use that to our advantage. We could let some of our more defensively capable members draw out an ambush while those of us with range could ambush the ambushers from above"
"A ravine is where water rushes through. that means flash floods when it rains. We shouldn't have anyone on the bottom. The hole should be examined i case we can find food or something be we still need to hurry. What side of the ravine do we need to be on to get to the village? Should we try to climb the crack or the tree? We shouldn't split the party."
"I agree, we should stay close, do not split up too far, or we can't help each other, danger can be hiding behind any rock."

Blindingly explores a hole, which is just wide enough to allow him to crouch in. In the far end of the dark crack in the rocks, he suddenly spots a alarmed snake, its head risen in a threatening way. Blindingly freezes for a second. Defiles, standing behind him, guards Blindingly's feet, but does not spot this threat. He only notices that Blindingly suddenly stopped crouching. Just in that moment Splinters, who also wanted to check the hole, points out the dangers of such narrow openings.
"You should not check that alone, a small opening could lead to a much larger cave, which could have any sort of wild animal in it."

Kills and Misses manage to climb up the dead tree by helping each other up. Above, they do not spot something unusual.

<PLACEHOLDER, IMAGE WILL FOLLOW>

Information:
- snake threatens Blindingly.

Characters:
.[tabs: Kills the Pain]
Player: Dlover

Attributes:
6/6 hp
2 DEF
1 ATK
1 RATK
Abilities:
Medic [heal 1 hp or stop bleeding (1/turn)]
Inventory:
1 dagger (+0 ATK) EQUIPPED
[tabs: Blindingly Ignorant]
Player: ChuckDaRighteous

Attributes:
6/6 hp
2 DEF
1 ATK
1 RATK
1 MATK
Spells:
Magic Missile [deals 2 dam per missile / (1+MATK)/2 missiles, rounded down / missiles can be split between targets (1/turn)]
Inventory:
[tabs: Misses Wildly]
Player: D34dlock

Attributes:
6/6 hp
1 DEF
1 ATK
4 RATK (3+1)
Inventory:
1 bow (+1 RATK) EQUIPPED
6 straight branches
1 handfull of feathers
[tabs: Defiles Corpses]
Player: Spiderwrangler

Attributes:
8/8 hp
1 DEF
3 ATK (2+1)
1 RATK
Inventory:
1 sword (+1 ATK) EQUIPPED
4 large mushrooms (unknown)
[tabs: Splinters Bones]
Player: NotStickFigures

Attributes:
6/6 hp
2 DEF
3 ATK (2+1)
1 RATK
Inventory:
1 sword (+1 ATK) EQUIPPED[/tabs]Possible Loot:
:zzz:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Foray Carnage Turn 4

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:38 pm

Defiles is unaware of his companion's dilemma, but will try to help if alerted (pull him out by the able, etc). Of not alerted, he'll keep watch.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:45 pm

Kills will stand watch where he is until his companions are ready to move on.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:34 pm

blind will back away while casting magic missile on the snake and holding his dagger in front of him to dissuade any attack on him.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:49 am

Attacking a cornered animal isn't the best way to keep it from attacking, you know.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:08 am

Once Splinters notices that Blind is backing out and casting a spell, he will ready his sword. When he sees the threat come forward to the opening of the cave he will attack.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:45 am

Dlover wrote:Attacking a cornered animal isn't the best way to keep it from attacking, you know.
Was the name not a clue? Blindingly Ignorant. But in all seriousness, the idea was to just point it outward and retaliate if it attacks.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

D34dlock
Is Heard Often

Post by D34dlock » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:39 pm

Misses Also keeps watch.
I'm still reading shifters.

Nerre
Game Master

Foray Carnage Turn 5

Post by Nerre » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:58 pm

FORAY CARNAGE
Turn 5:

Events:
While the goblins stand guard or explored, Blindingly is facing the first threat on their mission.

Smart as he is, he decides to retreat, but then he reconsiders and does something not so smart. He tries to pull out his dagger in the narrow hole, which agitates the snake even more. He decides to kill it, just to be sure, using his magic missiles. The missiles hit the snake and burn parts of it's body, but it still got enough life in it to charge at him, having great advantage in the narrow gap, and biting him into his lower lips.

The goblins outside hear a cry of pain, accompanied by Blindingly crouching backwards. Since the stood guard, they react quick and pull him out by his feet. The snake however, let him go and remains inside its gap.

Blindingly feels parts of his face getting numb, while his lower lup is swelling, he cannot talk properly anymore, only speak gibberish.
"He ake it e!"

<PLACEHOLDER, IMAGE WILL FOLLOW>

Information:
- Blindingly, please speak only Gibberish, using only vocals and sounds you can make with your throat, not using your tongue or teeth.
- Blindingly loses 1 hp to the bite and 1 more due to the effects of the snake's venom.

Characters:

Attributes:
6/6 hp
2 DEF
1 ATK
1 RATK
Abilities:
Inventory:

Attributes:
4/6 hp - venomed
2 DEF
1 ATK
1 RATK
1 MATK
Spells:
Magic Missile [deals 2 dam per missile / (1+MATK)/2 missiles, rounded down / missiles can be split between targets (1/turn)]
Inventory:

Attributes:
6/6 hp
1 DEF
1 ATK
4 RATK (3+1)
Inventory:
1 bow (+1 RATK) EQUIPPED
6 straight branches
1 handfull of feathers

Attributes:
8/8 hp
1 DEF
3 ATK (2+1)
1 RATK
Inventory:

Attributes:
6/6 hp
2 DEF
3 ATK (2+1)
1 RATK
Inventory:

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Re: Foray Carnage Turn 5

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:15 pm

Nerre wrote:- Blindingly, please speak only Gibberish, using only vocals and sounds you can make with your throat, not using your tongue or teeth.
lol

"EYE UPID NAKE!"
Enfuriated by being bitten, Blindingly launches another missile at the snake.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:51 pm

I told you it was a bad idea to attack it.

Kills climbs back down into the ravine, gently smacking Blindingly on the back of the head, "Stop aggravating poisonous creatures. You're as foolish as the humans, thinking you can attack a living creature without having them fight back. I don't have any herbs to treat venom, and I would need to know what kind it is anyway, so now you've just given me more work to do." At that, Kills gets to work on dulling the pain from the snake's attack, being unable to do anything about the venom.
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:45 pm

"Venomous. You have to eat it to get poisoned." Defiles stands ready to chop the snake if it emerges.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:36 pm

Splinters looks worriedly at Blindingly for a moment when he sees he has been poisoned, but then refocuses on the small cave opening. On the opposite side from defiles, he stands ready in case the snake becomes daring and shows itself.

Once he sees that Blindingly is going to try to cast another spell in the cave, blind-like, he quickly backs away a step. But still stays ready with sword, in case he is needed

D34dlock
Is Heard Often

Post by D34dlock » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:16 pm

Misses will stay up on the ridge & be ready to pull Blindingly up if needed.

Nerre
Game Master

Re: Foray Carnage Turn 6

Post by Nerre » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:26 pm

FORAY CARNAGE
Turn 6:

Events:
"EYE UPID NAKE!" Blindingly shouts, while Splinters stands guard outside, worried about his friend. Defiles, who ran to help his friend, did not make it there in time, as he had to climb down first.
Kills however, would like to give Blindingly a smack on his head, but he only sees his feet yet. He says "Stop aggravating poisonous creatures. You're as foolish as the humans, thinking you can attack a living creature without having them fight back. I don't have any herbs to treat venom, and I would need to know what kind it is anyway, so now you've just given me more work to do." and starts to take care of the bite wounds, as he cannot do anything about the poison. Blindingly feels slightly better, but his lips are still huge, not allowing him to speak normal.
The others see a bright flash of purple and pink light as he shoots another magic missile after the snake, but it is long gone. Blindingly can only see few scorched scales and flesh where the snake once was, and a trail indicating were it fled to.

Misses stands guard on the ridge, making sure they are not suprised during Blindingly's little encounter.

Information:
- Blindingly still has to speak only Gibberish, using only vocals and sounds you can make with your throat, not using your tongue or teeth.
- Blindingly gains 1 hp due to Kills care and loses none cause of the snake's venom.
- A HUGE SORRY for letting you wait so long! A lot had happened in RL the last few month, and I barely had the time to post something in the few games I play, let alone reading anything the players in those games and my games wrote or even create an update. I hope you are all still with me so I can get more practice with my drawing tablet. :)

Characters:

Attributes:
6/6 hp
2 DEF
1 ATK
1 RATK
Abilities:
Inventory:

Attributes:
5/6 hp - venomed
2 DEF
1 ATK
1 RATK
1 MATK
Spells:
Inventory:

Attributes:
6/6 hp
1 DEF
1 ATK
4 RATK (3+1)
Inventory:
1 bow (+1 RATK) EQUIPPED
6 straight branches
1 handfull of feathers

Attributes:
8/8 hp
1 DEF
3 ATK (2+1)
1 RATK
Inventory:

Attributes:
6/6 hp
2 DEF
3 ATK (2+1)
1 RATK
Inventory:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:11 pm

((Defiles had been standing right by the hole the whole time... Doesn't need to run from anywhere.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:16 pm

blindingly will follow deeper into the hole, blasting with magic missile if he sees the snake again. "own't ooo un fum eee"

If he reaches a point he can't go any further he will back out.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:23 pm

Kills grabs Blindingly before he crawls any further and hauls him back out, "What the hell do you think you're doing? First you crawl into the thing's home, then you attack it, and now you've got some sort of grudge against it for defending itself? We can't back you up in there if there are more of them! You would just be getting yourself killed! Even humans can normally recognise that crawling into a tight area that is known to house venomous creatures who want to kill you is a stupid idea."
My game:

My characters:

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:41 pm

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:24 pm

"Yeah, how blindingly ignora.... oh, right. Sorry."

If Blindingly is pulled out, Defiles will go collect that sweet looking Y shaped stick... if the other goblin crawls in further and it's apparent that there is room for more than on goblin to follow, Defiles will crawl in after him...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:08 am

Splinters rolls his eyes, not believing that Blindingly is still obsessed about going after the snake, even after being poisoned by it.
Seeing that Kills is taking the initiative to pull him out of the snake hidey-hole, he backs away from the hole and lets them argue. Instead he climbs over the fallen tree and explores a bit further down the ravine, heading to where the walls move in closest to each other. He will walk slowly and carefully look around, trying to see if there is anything worth scavenging. If he can find 3 nice throwing sized rocks, (about the size of a baseball) he will collect them, as he has no ranged weapons yet.
When walking in the ravine, he will make sure he remembers to look up, too. Not wanting to be surprised by anything above.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:45 am

Revenge is a powerful motive.

Blindingly will resist any attempts to pull him out, kicking anyone who tries grabbing his legs.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:09 pm

Revenge for self defence, yes. Can I vote that we just move on with our quest and leave Blindingly to die in that hole, rather than trying to save him and end up losing more of us?
My game:

My characters:

D34dlock
Is Heard Often

Post by D34dlock » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:55 pm

Misses continues overwatch.