Adding new parts to the Rules thread...

Home to all current Forum Games.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Adding new parts to the Rules thread...

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:06 am

Nerre...Sometimes you make me want to reach through the screen and throttle you. :meh:

Nerre
Game Master

Re: Surviving Castle Heterodyne - OOC Discussion Thread

Post by Nerre » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:08 am

Fingers of my screen and throat. :P
Think about my post of 21 Nov 2014, 18:57 instead of derailing the discussion by wanting to throttle me. :)
I put some effort into it, thought about what you mean (or could mean) and would not like to see it go down the drain cause nobody reads it because of too many posts already appeard after it. :(
:zzz:

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:11 am

My irritation is due to you repeating things that I've already said as if they were your idea....it could I'm perceiving it incorrectly. Regardless, I have a drawing that needs created in the next 4 hours....I will be back in 10 minutes, thus is my life currently.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:12 am

I'll be gone to play some battletech this evening, so don't hurry on my behalf. ^^
Have fun drawing.
:zzz:

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:59 am

Badge: I'm not a mod in this section of the forum, but we do not allow threats or personal attacks anywhere. I understand you're frustrated, but there are better ways to express that.

I don't find the game boring. But it was frustrating at the beginning when we had no skill points and it took weeks of real time to read a book. We've got a bunch of new players starting fresh. This could be a way to bring them up to speed and gain some new skill points for ourselves. I'm not pushing for it, but I did want to bring it up as an option. And it's a flexible option, with ways to adjust to various concerns. All we really have to agree to is to choose something time consuming and coordinate when to do it. But reading is a good way for people to build basic skills.

Forget what else I was going to say.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:05 pm

Please understand that I made that comment while laughing like a madman...does that help? I did not mean it as a personal threat. :P

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:12 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:Nerre...Sometimes you make me want to reach through the screen and throttle you. :meh:
[mod="Arch Lich Burns"]You do NOT threaten another member of this forum. Not only is it disrespectful, but it is harmful.[/mod]

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:14 pm

Too late buddy, I already apologized.

Besides....throttle is a term of endearment.

just like this :stab:

personally... if this :stab:, which is actually included in the smily list can't get you in trouble...then throttling someone...shouldn't be either....just saying...

And honestly...I think it is up to the person whether they take it personally or not....
So, Nerre...If you felt that I was threatening you...well, stop it...

I'm to poor to buy a plane ticket, fly to somewhere in germany, somehow actually track you down, to actually...really...hurt you in any way shape or form....So...there you have it folks...threatening people online....doesn't hurt anyone as long as we're all being reasonable adults not lacking in common sense or decency...

I have thus far met Aegis and Spider...and I would hope they can both vouch for how remarkably "not dangerous" I am.

And while I'm standing on my soap box....I refuse to take lessons in respect from you Burns, especially after what you said about LAYF...

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:07 pm

[mod="Wolfie"]Time for an Admin to step in I do believe.

Badge:

1) You do not get to threaten other people.

Period.

You've been told by two different mod's, one of which is a Games Moderator. No matter what they've done in the past, if they've told you not do something, you listen.

2) You listen to the Mods.

That's the rule. It's how we keep order. You don't get to pick and choose which rules you choose to follow. If you have an issue with something a Mod has done, you take it to an Admin via PM.

3) You don't get to choose whether someone should feel threatened by something you say.

That's just... >:?

You said something threatening. Whether you were laughing or not is besides the point. Whether your personal circumstances bar you from actually making good on your threat or not, it's still a threat. Which we do not condone. [/mod]
"Notice:"
To everyone:

Since I generally don't follow the games threads, if more comes of this, notify me or a Games Moderator IMMEDIATELY.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:12 pm

I'm not attempting to speak out of turn here...but..two things...it started with two...now its five.

1. I've read the rules and there is no mention of not threatening people.
2. Nerre knew that I was joking...because he stuck out his tongue.
3. But, I'm willing to accept I'm wrong....but there is no mention of not threatening people in the rules...
4. I respect you Wolfie...I do, and I also Respect Nerre...as aggravating as he is sometimes....but I do not respect Burns and I don't believe Burns should have Mod powers due to his overuse/abuse of them...but...that's beside the point, and I should have known better, i humbly apologize.
5. I'm staring at the rules right now......there is no mention of threatening people....though at this point I'm probably spamming...

I am honestly not trying to be an ass...honest..

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:17 pm

1: it is all the part of respecting other users.

I do not see how I am abusing my power? The most I did recently was saying that a post was annoying. As a user, not a mod.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:21 pm

Please respect the other posters. Bashing, name calling, and other forms of insinuating horrible things about another person's intellect or mother is just plain rude and uncalled for.

Bashing, name calling and other forms of Insinuating horrible things about someones INTELLECT.....or mother

Where is threatening...maybe an amendment to the rules should be added then....because all of you are quoting rules at me...that don't exist.

again, I'm not trying to be rude or insulting here...Im trying to point out a flaw..a major flaw...in your arguments.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:30 pm

Whether you respect him or not, Burns is a mod here. If he tells you to stop, then stop. If you have an issue with it, go to another Mod in the Games forum or talk to either me or Moose.

People get on other people's nerves. It's human nature. That's why we have rules in place. Plus you can always back away from your keyboard and take a walk. That's the beauty of the internet.

While it isn't explicitly in the rules, no threatening is covered under Rule #1: Please respect the other posters. Bashing, name calling, and other forms of insinuating horrible things about another person's intellect or mother is just plain rude and uncalled for.

We'll make sure to add it in there though. We kinda hoped that it wouldn't have to be as it should be one of those things people should know not to do.
since these posts don't belong in this thread as it's off-topic, I'll split it off.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: Adding new parts to the Rules thread...

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:37 pm

Again...when this :stab: exists....as an option...

The world is becoming way too overly politically correct when you can no longer point your finger and say bang.

Which brings me to my second point

*points his fingers*
bang bang bang

I apologize to everyone...who I hurt with my fingers.....just now

If any of you felt as though I threatened you, because I made my hand in the shape of a gun and said bang....then I'm sorry....

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:48 pm

You are aware I'm sure that this:

1. Please respect the other users.

is the KEY point of that rule. The rest are examples.

I am also sure that you are aware of the fact that you are STILL not respecting other users in your posts in this thread, right?

And that your responses to the various mods have been some of the key parts of being disrespectful. Beyond what you said to Nerre, a good chunk of the rest of what you have been saying is quite disrespectful.

I get that you don't like tolerance and authority. Unfortunately for you, you live on planet Earth and both tolerance and authority are parts of human society. Start respecting both.
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:59 pm

Ok, quick lesson:

Saying I'd like to throttle someone because I'm stressed out is ok. "Someone" is metaphorical and doesn't exist.
Saying I'd like to throttle Person A is a threat because Person A exists, even if they are at the other side of a monitor and keyboard. This is not ok.

The :stab: smiley is meant to be used in fun and never in a threatening manner. It's there to express stress, much like :wall: .

As lingrem pointed out, we like respect around here. The way I was raised was thus: you get respect from me until you prove you don't deserve it. Then you have to earn it back. Unless you're in a position of authority. Then you'll get respect from me in all public places, but maybe not privately. We are a public forum and the mod's are in a position of authority. Please follow that rule.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:07 pm

Okay...May I ask a question?

If person A threatens person B, and person B threatens person A back...and they laugh about it together because, they don't hate each other, they simply get on each others nerves now and then, is that okay?

Because if it isn't...then you Mods are doing a horrible job

I've seen a lot of "threatening" going on...

Though at its core...i get it, I hope Nerre knows that I wasn't serious about hunting him down and hugging his neck with my hands....
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:12 pm

Again - you said something that was read as inappropriate. Ok, that was sorted out.

But a lot of your posts to the mods ABOUT it was where you were being disrespectful.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:19 pm

We have over 2000 members, though not all of them active, and a small Moderation team. Only a few of them moderate in each forum and have the authority to do anything there. Only the Admins and Global Mods have the real authority to move between forums.

Have you seen the number of posts created daily, especially in the Games forum? Do you read all of them? Or skim all of them? Every day? Could you catch them all?

We do like when people moderate themselves. So yes, we'll sometimes stay back and wait a few posts before saying anything. Sometimes we'll PM one or both parties to let them know to stay within the rules. A lot of moderating goes on where people don't see.

But thank you for telling us we're doing a horrible job. That's great. Awesome even. I'll let the bosses know.
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:25 pm

I can catch them all...because I am a pokemon Master.....

I'm beginning to understand the primal urge to scream that Aegis keeps talking about...

I am not telling you that you are doing a horrible job....I'm telling you that in this case....in this one case...there was not a threat happening. it was banter...joshing....and I thought...based on my experiences of "learning from others" that this was okay to do.

To quote Nerre:
Nerre wrote:Fingers of my screen and throat. :P
Think about my post of 21 Nov 2014, 18:57 instead of derailing the discussion by wanting to throttle me. :)
I put some effort into it, thought about what you mean (or could mean) and would not like to see it go down the drain cause nobody reads it because of too many posts already appeard after it. :(
I wasn't the one who blew this out of proportion....Nerre and I are friends...not enemies...

edit: Also, you should know for any future instances..that public shaming doesn't work on me. I listen to the authoritative advice of those I respect.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:32 pm

Then we're on the same page and done here.

By the way, I stepped in because the posts were reported for being of a threatening nature. Not because I found it.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:35 pm

Well...then the rules need to be editted so that, when a mod tries to quote number 1, they aren't wrong.

Because threatening isn't currently there, and it cannot be lumped in with respect

I threaten friends with death on a nearly constant basis.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:39 pm

Thus the name of the new thread... :P

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:40 pm

I honestly don't understand how you DON'T consider threatening behaviour to be disrespectful. We're not listing off every single possible way someone could be disrespectful when people understand the word "respect".

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:42 pm

Everyday...people say "lovingly"

if you do this/that I'll kill you

My own mother has said this, my wife has said this, my friends have said this....people say this....its a thing you say.

As to "throttle"....it's just a more descriptive way to say kill..