Civ 7 OOC Thread: The Katha Vs The World

Home to all current Forum Games.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: Civ 7 OOC Thread: The Katha Vs The World

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:56 am

I created a character who within the confines of the game has stuck to his personality...until such a time as I am forced to make a new one, I will stick to playing to what he has done (remaining in character and all)...you suggested killing off Glop..(a character) and I have only been hurting NPCs...and my intent was not to hurt them at all...

So which of the two of us can't be trusted?

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:58 am

You were planning to have a revolt without injuring anybody, NPC or not? And remember, even if it only harms the NPCs, it still weakens the tribe. If you end up in a war, it's safer to have 500 NPCs rather than 400.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:03 am

BadgeAddict wrote:I created a character who within the confines of the game has stuck to his personality...until such a time as I am forced to make a new one, I will stick to playing to what he has done (remaining in character and all)...you suggested killing off Glop..(a character) and I have only been hurting NPCs...and my intent was not to hurt them at all...

So which of the two of us can't be trusted?
Considering the grippli and this character, you have a tendency to....make a revolt. If you never intended for them to be hurt, you wouldn't have gone after them without them being willing.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:46 am

NPC's have no will of their own..

And as for the ones that I killed...they were chasing me...so I defended myself.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:56 am

Not all of them badge. You took ones before you were chased.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:59 am

yes..the UnEarthen...who as we have discussed...are rejects in the caste system...

They're the equivalent of "The Untouchables" (Dalit) in India....

My point being, anything is better than nothing, which is what they had...nothing...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:11 am

No you tore away normal katha without thier permission after that.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:30 am

Only after I was attacked...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:40 am

BadgeAddict wrote:Only after I was attacked...
No it was before you were attacked badge. :roll:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:48 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:33 pm

Thanks for correcting me.
I must be remembering s.th. wrong...
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:59 pm

:shock: :'( I try but...I'm not perfect

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:24 pm

Yeah well might I suggest: you don't make disparaging remarks implying that someone is untrustworthy and will always cause havoc/ruin things, Badge shuts up about previous games and previous history, and Davecom3 just remains quiet in general given he isn't taking an active part in the game.

You and Dave started this recent round of arguments and you're continuing it. Please act like a moderator.

Lets talk about useful stuff, like how to deal with all the new species :) I think I've got the kobodi sorted, I say we leave the big dino alone if its a non-hostile herbivore, and we stay the fuck away from the withermaw :lol:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:26 pm

You're partly right. I addressed Burns on the fact that I gave a warning for both sides, and she was crossing their side of the line. In retrospect, maybe Dave was going over it too. Come on guys, Synch is right in the fact- At the very least give Badge a chance, rather than continuing this arguing. It's getting nowhere but non-pleasantness for everyone.

That being said Synch, you're way out of line with that post. I really hope I do not need to spell out why.

I removed the post in question. Well in favor of what you just said, though. :)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:31 pm

Sorry M0rt and others I offended. Lost my cool.

I'm just getting tired of arguments :( Its just a game and I wish everyone would just play it and have fun.
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:33 am

It's one of the issues I have when playing online strategy games (like MoO, Civ,...): with computer players (AI) I have no problems attacking and eliminating them when they are unlucky enough to have started near me and are in my path of expansion. With Human players I do not want to destroy their fun, so usually I need to find a way around them, which is costly, time consuming and may cost me a win.
Which is why I only play very seldom against Human players.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:06 pm

I'm not so sure we should have failed FHs. I mean, these are supposed to be the very best thing we can do, a rare moment of brilliance, and I think the roll should be as to the success of it, not whether it actually works or fails.
I say this because the last two FH I used (assassinating Chomvid, impressing the Kobodi) I've failed both, and one was a critfail, meaning I've basically had a negative result from my two 'finest moments'. Coupled with being badly burnt from disconnecting from the hivemind, I'm starting to feel a bit despondent about this game because as I mentioned earlier, I don't recall when I last did anything productive or beneficial and that in itself (arguments aside) saps a lot of my enjoyment.
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:53 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Because I am pretty sure you will try to convince agies to let you do such a thing, like how you convinced him to not use the pain plant.
Well, I can tell you that that is a bunch of Bull Shit...I didn't talk him out of using the pain plant...

Sure, we talk now and then, but the last thing I talked to him about was him misunderstanding an SA that I had tried to use...

Edit: But you know what the difference is between me and you...Regardless of what happens, I'm not gonna tell everyone that I'm gonna stop playing because I don't like something that happened...

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:54 am

BadgeAddict wrote:Edit: But you know what the difference is between me and you...Regardless of what happens, I'm not gonna tell everyone that I'm gonna stop playing because I don't like something that happened...
Seriously, people are not enjoying this storyline. If the game stops being fun they have every right to leave without being belittled by you.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:57 am

I'm not belittling anyone...

I'm not a fan of the storyline either...

You know what I would love...Civ 4 to happen again..

Where the only thing that people get to pick is which land area to move a bunch of goblins into...that's what I wish would happen again.

The number of people who wanted to play dropped quickly after it became so overly complicated and cumbersome...I long for the joys of yesterday.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:18 am

Christ, guys. I don't play this game but I pop in occasionally to read up.

Badge literally put a roof over Aegis' head when he needed it IRL. There is probably a modicum of subconscious favouritism there. That is going to be difficult to avoid regardless of whether it is wanted, unwanted, intentional, unintentional, and so on. Writers have the character they root for, and this has ALWAYS been a story that Aegis wrote with guidance from dice and players. He has always gone where his brain took him, and that's what made the game great to read, because he's one creative sonofabitch. But you get the bad with the good, and in this case, the good is the multiple pages of where-is-this-coming-from creative storyline a week, and the bad is that his brain wants his buddy to enjoy the game. Deal.

All this bickering is why I stopped playing however many Civs ago that was. It wasn't fun then and it looks like it's still not fun now. :(

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:47 pm

Well I'm done with this game.

25% of the reason is my character being entirely uneffective as a single action or a FH has the same dice roll without any weight. You shouldn't critfail a single action with the exact same chance of critfailing your FH.
75% of the reason is Burns. Yes Badge has been a dick with his continual banter but Burns frequently makes disparaging remarks (now he's stating that Badge is collaberating with Aegis) and it seems Badge gets all the warnings while Burns is allowed to continue arguments that Badge is finally making an effort to avoid. I unfortunately have real difficulty playing games with Burns (see SCH.) So I figure this game is gonna just descend into constant bickering, and I've got other games to play.

Best of luck.
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:16 pm

I never said he was in kahots. And i am sorry if it came off as that.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:49 pm

See your comment Badge quoted five posts up.
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:01 pm

When I asked ageis why no pain plant he told me it was because badge was complaining enough as it was for not being able to escape.that convincedhim to not use pain plant. :shrug: