Whiteleaf OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Whiteleaf OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:08 pm

willpell wrote: how would you feel about creating an earlier version of Kast? You'd have to give up your spiderkissed weapon, and Kzri would become little more than a baby, but I think it vastly improves my odds of being able to run the game.
What level are you planning? If I were to jump in on that, I may be more inclined to create a new character over retrofitting Kast, as I might have more difficulty in shifting my perspective of him to an earlier verison.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:26 pm

If it's that much of a problem, you don't have to do it. But one of the others was talking about playing a basic Gnoll, which is ECL 3 or 4 depending on whether we use the original (and incredibly shitty) Gnoll, or the (halfway decent) Flind Gnoll variant. The other built a level 7 Binder, but we started playing a prelude for him, in which he wasn't yet even a level 1 character, and it's proven fun enough that I kind of want to keep him at low levels, while I show him step-by-step what the whole class is about. (Granted, I had my reference list when I came up with this plan, but unlike normal spellcasting, vestiges are pretty much entirely contained in a single book, so figuring out how they work without my references is far more doable.)
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:48 am

Seems like too much effort for what its worth. Took ages to sort out all these chars, then we went at a really slow pace and barely did anything. Not sure I want to go through all that again.
► Show Spoiler

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:47 am

Synch wrote:Seems like too much effort for what its worth. Took ages to sort out all these chars, then we went at a really slow pace and barely did anything. Not sure I want to go through all that again.
I've decided that we can probably continue at the level we were using, if that influences your decision. The slow pace is probably inevitable though; wrangling rules, writing NPC dialogue, coming up with plot details, and operating a combat are all intensely time-consuming activities, and you wouldn't have much of a game left if you dispensed with all of them.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:44 pm

willpell wrote:I've decided that we can probably continue at the level we were using, if that influences your decision.
No thanks.
► Show Spoiler

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:16 pm

Synch wrote:
willpell wrote:I've decided that we can probably continue at the level we were using, if that influences your decision.
No thanks.
Huh. Okay, suit yourself. That leaves Spiderwrangler as a "yes", and Amara and Quarg as "maybes".
My long-neglected blog.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:30 pm

Last night I had my second session of the IRL Whiteleaf game, with the same two players as before; I feel like I can now confidently call it a campaign. We re-convene in 3 weeks, and I'm going to try to do some serious work on getting myself properly ready to run the game for them, which means I'm also planning to work on my Whiteleaf material in general, and that should pay off here as well. So hopefully we will see some real progress in the not too distant future.
My long-neglected blog.