The Island: OOC Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

The Island: OOC Thread

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:47 am

The place for all your questions, strategy discussions and wild speculation! I'll check by regularly if you have questions. Lurkers are welcome, but I'd ask you not to participate in the strategy discussions or spoil stuff please - leave that for the players :)

Patdragon
Game Master

Re: The Island: OOC Thread

Post by Patdragon » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:37 pm

So I'm going to try and befriend this new guy and get him on our side, or at least try and get him to deal with jack. Just in case my wild speculation is correct and you guys can now ESP this guys does he look familiar as the wizard that used to be on your ship before it crashed...If he is a weather wizard perhaps he can help prevent the air ships landing later on.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:34 am

None of you recognise the guy.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:15 am

@ Patdragon: personally, I would refrain from calling someone - even Jack - evil, because of the whole 'goblins = evil' and get killed just for that thing. I'd call him hostile, instead, that - towards us at least - is indisputably true, and will suffice completely to describe the situation. Also, maybe that creature is an ally of Jack, I sure hope not, but we can't dismiss the possibility, so calling him evil might lose us the chance to negotiate or co-exist with the newcomer at least.

Also, it might still be possible that this weather wizard was on the ship with us, because I very much doubt that we, as slaves did see much more than the storage area where we were most likely kept in, whereas the mage might have been in his quarters or wherever else on the ship.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:44 am

Fair point i will go alter to something else rather than evil, i suppose some of us are doing somethings others might conceive as evil as well - raising the dead, wearing peoples scalps, making heads on poles, being goblins...
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:47 am

Fair point i will go alter to something else rather than evil, malicious seems about the right level still, i suppose some of us are doing somethings others might conceive as evil as well - raising the dead, wearing peoples scalps, making heads on poles, being goblins...
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:23 am

Ok, now we have an ooc thread i'd like to hear other people view on what our plans should be. I suggested some of my own in the game thread but i would like to hear what other peoples personal and group plans are so we can organize and prioritize. Like gathers mentioned I don't want to control what you guys do but we need to have a better defined group plan so we can survive.

So can people post there personal goal/immediate days plans as if we didn't have a big fight.
here is mine-

Plans for the group benefit -
Find a rock and carve it to make into a bowl for the animate dead spell by the night.
Try and convince this new arrival not to kill us and join us.
Build defenses (I would like to know what the group would like to do here so we can co-ordinate)

Personal (I would like to)
Explore the mine (I am masonry based after all now)
Dig up the pile near the smelly flower (may be best to leave this for an un-dead minion to do)
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:32 am

I would like to dream.

Also I want to make the shrunken heads offering to mags for more "mana" to writes in case we have an emergency
I'm not sure how my plans are besides that once I'm out of the dream though.

About the dream, am I able to see where the water used to come from?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:56 am

Well my to do list looks sorta like this:
I sorta want to train one of the flying monkeys. Make a nice little assistant.
I wouldn't mind learning to swim or climb but since gathers seems to be working on the swimming, I think I might try climbing and see if climbing the cliffs gets us to any new areas or interesting things.
fortify the ladder base.
I'm the only one left to dream, so I guess I'm the Magus.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:53 am

We need to find the magus rock.
we need to build defenses.

Since i have the campstone, do you guys want me to scout and see if i can find the magus stone? Paragon's character can look for another way, so if he finds it he can sleeo there, and if i find it he can teleport to me. It is either this or i will put the stone inside the cave.

I think the magus rock is at Mint Leaf Cave, which is actually pretty good because we also get protection

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:03 am

I would like Kin to finish making boots and leather shirts for everyone asap (I might hit a low in available resources, soon, though).
I would also like Kin to learn (in no particular order): swimming (so we can gather floating chests from the sea), climbing (so we can move around more easily, mountains no longer blocking us completely, also might come in handy in the mine), sneaking (to scout e.g. adventurers a little more safely)

I think building defenses is very important, and we should ideally pick one site for NOW, but maybe prepare more than one spot to be able to dig in there, just in case one gets overrun.
Spots that seem suitable:
-The ladder base (natural bottle neck)
- the guano cave (only accessible via one screen, I think. Downside: no way to flee)
- the mine. Pro: might save us from airship guns. Con: might not be very safe in the first place. (mushrooms, possible cave-ins)

Also, we should come up with things to do for ol Mags and put something in the bank. I'm not sure if the 'head on leg' sculpture got rid of our debts.
@GM, what's the verdict on that?

And also @ GM: Can Silver wear both the sneaky clothes AND a leather shirt to improve BOTH her stealthiness AND her defense?
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:12 am

I agree we should pick a site, and i think Do Not Enter Cave would be the best for us. Jack would not be at our backside, airships would not be a problem, and there are a lot of natural defenses. We will have to bring some material with us, like leaves or wood for makeshift umbrella, but we should be fine. And we can utalize the campstone as a way of escape.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:15 am

Yesterday's acts of faith:

1. Shackled's prayer - 1 action
2. Silver's head-on-leg - 2 actions

You'll need to find out in-game if it's enough to appease Maglubiyet or not...

Also, remember that Maiandra spent a good 6-7 turns at the beginning of the game digging a trench outside the mine entrance. Just in case that's any use to you...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:19 am

Oooh that means we can have a pit fall.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:20 am

It's only a couple of feet deep at the moment, but you guys sound resourceful :)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:29 am

and I dug my own grave in the mountain wall...

and if you guys would want to try resurrecting me from the dead...(as true resurrection typically regenerates a person even if there are only bones left) i would totally totally be amazingly happy about that. Otherwise, i guess i'll just...stay dead..rotting away slowly. sniff...

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:14 am

Don't think it quite got to a trench, but a big hole at least is near the mine.

Here what i'm seeing so far as a plan . Make the mine entrance our big defensive area and main camp. The ladder a secondary one.

The mine entrance bottle necks everyone to go through Jacks area first which is kind of a natural defense. If silver is sneaky and willing enough, every morning and evening he can move through the area whilst the rest of us work on our own projects/build up defenses/explore the mine and then he can place the camp stone to wherever we need it, so the rest of us can port to needed places for the day, it also means he can act as scout as I predict airships would have to land on the beach (Maybe Krig could be our beach watch man).
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:08 am

SUre i am willing. Where do you need me to go?

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:01 pm

I'm going to have Write focus entirely on Mags appeasement for the rest of the day in the form of decoration for his statue. Maybe enough for a rez, fight dependent.

I'd doubt the airships need to dock at the beach. I suspect they'll maybe scout a bit but they'll probably just head straight for the cave. Once we get the magus stone we should get inside the cave. It has some risks, but there is no way we can handle airship cannons.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:06 pm

We need writes. And we need her not dead. If you work on the statue all day, you will probably get cornered. We need security right now. We can all work on the statue after we find a secure place.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:44 pm

Don't need to to go anywhere yet Arch until we make a group decision, but the future plan In my view would be if jacks zone/(ant zone) continues to be unsafe we can get you to sneak through it with the camper stone so the rest of us can just port through it.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:37 pm

I just wanted to remind you guys that using the camp stone while being INSIDE (e.g. a building, a cave, a MINE) or in combat isn't possible.

So the plan to put the camp stone into the mine (or in the screen just outside of it) and bypass Jack's forces by porting there will work, but being in the mine, having the camp stone some other place outside and use that as an emergency retreat route will NOT work.

Also, @ patdragon: do you still want Kin to make a rope/rope ladder out of the cloth items, or is that request obsolete?
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:45 pm

Thinks, you never got around answering if I could see where the water came from
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:28 am

a rope will be useful for mine exploration and for people who want to practice climbing so yes its still ago to make.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:27 am

@ Theis - the update tells you that the river bed runs towards the cliffs away to your left (nw as you look at it), and away to your right (east). Since its dried up you can't tell which way the water used to flow.