The Island: OOC Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: The Island: OOC Thread

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:48 am

Well, I guess as long as someone stays with Tomee all the time, they can ensure that he doesn't do anything to Shackled. >:?

@ Chuck: If you want to go to the camp, you could just port, only takes one action. If you want to go to the stone, walking is probably safer, as you don't have to sneak by Jack's spies, best of luck with that (e.g. getting past the doggie).
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:12 am

@ chuck - when you are at ladder area drop off the tears of sadness with the other components then they are all together. I will be trying to head to this area soon so i can pickaxe a stone off the rocky area and the Tomee might follow me. What are your plans by heading there now?
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:39 pm

OK. I've talked the mage into apathy, I need to move this or next turn to guaranty I can find and make a bowl and get all the items to krigs area. As Gathers suggested not leaving the mage alone, I am willing to spend one more turn here (more if other people find me a rock/ and or move components nearer Krigs area and I can simply play him some music to maybe make him a little calmer again. Or someone else can come here and watch him.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:49 pm

You want me to do it?

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:45 am

Guys, if the mage doesn't move, we don't have to watch him. He doesn't seem hostile so far. I'm just really disinclined to keep tabs on NEITHER him NOR Shackled. That's just a risk I don't want to take.

Now, if the mage doesn't want to talk to the Chief (atm, he seems unwilling to talk at all), then Kin can stay with Shackled. And you, patdragon/Buttons can go where you need to go, do what you want to do. At least as far as I'm concerned.

But either way (the mage gets watched or Shackled gets watched) I'm perfectly willing to help get the spell components from the ladder to the beach.

Also, @ Thinks: I wrote that Kin would go south, unless Krig turned up. He didn't, so why didn't Kin go south, then? Did the shirt making take so long?
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:59 am

@gathers: Your actions for the turn were -
Summary:
craft one last leather shirt
make the rope longer (from pants)
go south (unless Krig turns up, in which case politely ask him if he found chests and whether or not Kin may inspect their contents, if the answer is 'yes' to both questions, open chest(s), if any)
From that, I interpreted it to mean that you wanted to prioritise the shirt, then the rope, then move. It kind of conflicted with the longer version you wrote, but either way you seemed keen on making the shirt. Regardless, the shirt did take the entire turn to make.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:03 am

that's great. I just wanted to know. If the mage doesn't want to talk to Kin, I'll be happier with having her where Shackled dreams, anyways. :thumbsup:

Also, I think I'm going to make another leather shirt, I don't know if Silver can use it together with her sneaky outfit, but if not, it's probably good to have a spare. :shrug:
Waitaminute, Kin already got 2* leathershirt in her inventory (one for Buttons, one for Silver). So scratch that. But I'm sure I can have Kin try to make other protective stuff from leather pieces. Maybe helmets? Or bracers? Or... ?
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:09 am

Leather pants? Anyway to dye them black?

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:52 pm

Well you could potentially make:

MAIN HAND: ?
OFF HAND: ?
HEAD: Helmets, headdresses, masks
BODY: (done with these)
LEGS: Pants/Kilts
FEET: (done with these)
ACCESSORY 1: Backpack/pouch/quiver/cloak/gloves/bracers
ACCESSORY 2:
ACCESSORY 3:

You could also do belts but those might be better made from the belts we already have. Also since I was considering try to domesticate one of the flying monkeys you might be able to turn a couple of them into a harness of some sort? But I'm not sure if that's feasible.

@GM Its sorta irking me that treasure has no skills yet, as generally a skill or two gives me direction and goals. Is he close to anything? I keep experimenting with magic but I get the feeling I'm barking up the wrong tree. It could be that a lot more experimenting is necessary. But its hard to say as some things have been quick, others long, and others fruitless. Even the smallest hint of what's working would be appreciated here.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:16 pm

hrm, yeah, boots are done. What irks me, though, is that Kin put a whole lot of work into them, but they don't offer any defensive (or other) bonus (at least afaik).
On the other hand not having to wipe whatever you happen to step into off your bare feet is definitely a comfort option, I - as pampered human - wouldn't want to miss. :evillaugh:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:14 pm

lol, I on the other hand can't stand footwear. I'm almost always barefoot, or wear flip flops if footwear is required.

Perhaps there are benefits that we just haven't run into yet, like hidden footnoms. And if nothing else: style points.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:30 pm

Yeah, not everything will always be beneficial, but it's just the nature of the game. Sorry.

@ chuck - I'll need to go over what treasures actually done so far but The magic is really something that you've brought to the game though, so is a relatively new potential skill.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:33 am

Yeah the issue was when I did a reread before I took him over, I didn't specifically track all he did so now I can't remember. And I can't bring myself to do another reread right now. I thought you might have something in your personal notes but if not don't worry too much about it. If there are potential magic skill(s) then I'll be satisfied with that for the moment.

Also another thought for the leather is armor for the wolf pup if it ever gets domesticated.

Also did anyone notice that the tree spirit in the dream shares a distinct similarity to the one in Jack's lair? Maybe a coincidence... maybe not....
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:32 am

I have been tracking all the things you guys have been doing (skill-wise), but Treasure really hasn't done much. If you want to continue down the magic route though, that's fine. However, since magic works from (rare) books / scrolls, it'll probably be a while before you gain any advantage from practising those (particularly since they're designed to work for pretty much anyone). You could develop other skills that would suit a wizard / mage type though and you might want to think about more creative ways of applying "normal" skills to magical applications (e.g. learning to write, how to make potions, the anatomy of dead guys etc. etc. etc.).

If you want to do something weird, it'll be helpful if you tell me why you're attempting it though so at least I know :)

As for past-Treasure, the only thing I have for him is that he is started acquiring poison resistance (like Swallows (now Buttons) gained from eating ants.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:01 am

A while back treasures plan was to do the casting of this animate dead spell, but for some reasons it didn't happen, i would have suggested treasure do it tonight but you will want to try and sleep at the last stone and I want to get as many good things done so we can move onto defenses.

On a different note- may original plan was to get the undead to do simple tasks for us like build and rock wall and trench outside the mine entrance, but two thoughts just occurred. 1st Do you think undead can climb the ladder? 2nd, how will we get them past jacks area.
Possible random solution ~ I can't camp port them like objects with my stone, but if they have actions maybe we can give them a camp stone and port them to the area then retrieve the port stone.

@ chuck again - please drop off the teas of sadness with the other items at the ladder if you move and or if you want to learn to write ask writes.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:25 am

Huh, I assumed we could write since we could read. Well thank you, I now have direction.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:28 am

I noticed the similarity which is why I had my character act that way :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:08 am

Wait if ants give posion resistance...that means i can make posion off of them?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:46 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Wait if ants give posion resistance...that means i can make posion off of them?
I couldn't possibly say.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:18 am

As much as i want the extra half turn I will just mention i was quite fast in getting to the ladder and don't want this to be pointed out later to detrimental effect.
I'm a little rules lawyer-y even if against myself. Dm best friend back home tho.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:09 am

Oh yeah. It's cos I used gathers map to check where you were and looked at the scene where the guy first appeared rather than the one with the stone.

My mistake, so make good use of the extra half turn :-)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:25 am

Sorry, I don't update the map regularly. It's just as a rough orientation guide, not what is where in real time. ;)
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:05 am

No worries, it was my error :D

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:38 am

I think we all should have the walking skill so that traveling does not take so long.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:27 am

If you are interested Write can help with the whole reading and Writing thing. She can do that. Or at least is able to according to her back story!

Is that legit Thinks?

I can perhaps help you write and ode to Mags...