Festival of Fools

Home to all current Forum Games.
lingrem
Former Mod

Festival of Fools

Post by lingrem » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:42 pm

You have just arrived in Tydale, having been informed along the journey that youÔÇÖre arriving just in time for the start of the Festival of Fools. Another traveller informed you along the journey that the Festival of Fools is celebrated to commemorate the founding of Tydale; it was founded by a group of wandering performers who were tired of wandering around. More and more settled there, and they named the settlement Tydale, after Tymora as they credited her with the good luck they had in finding such an ideal location to settle. Since then the town has grown into a small city, and each year the Festival of Fools marks their beginnings as more performers and traders come to town.

It is crowded as you arrive, and the assortment of people and styles reminds you of a city much larger than it is. There are buskers performing along the road leading in to the town, as well as musicians lined up around the docks hoping for coin as the barges and boats arrive. There are temporary stalls set up as merchants try to sell their wares, and you notice a lot of things you might want to purchase. There are merchants of all races, and many of the stalls seem to be successful. ItÔÇÖs noisy, as most markets are, and you follow the crowd into TydaleÔÇÖs Centre; commonly referred to the Circle.

Inside the Circle one of the first performances is beginning, and you settle in to watch. The first act is an acrobatics performance; a set of redheaded halfing twins tumble around, culminating in a finale of one tossing the other through some flaming hoops which appear as if out of nowhere. As the visiting tourists gasp, they begin to clap as the flaming hoops are the opening of the next act; a fire-dancer. She is spectacular, her long blonde hair goes below her waist and seems to reflect the light of the fire she dances with. You have never seen a performance done to such perfection. You notice that many of the villagers closest to the front have tossed coins up on the stage, and you see a path closer.

As you make your way closer to the front of the stage you notice the Halfling twins going around with hats for collections, and you toss a few spare coppers into one of their hats as they pass. You spend a few seconds crowd-watching, but are quickly drawn back by a cheer from the crowd as the next act, a half-orc from your best guess, stomped a hole right into the stage. Someone isnÔÇÖt going to be happy about that; quite possibly the Half-Elf that just slapped his forehead off to the side of the stage. But the half-orc doesnÔÇÖt let the splinters in his leg stop him as he continues to drag the boulder he wants onto the stage. Compared to the fire-dancer the half-orcÔÇÖs feat of strength just isnÔÇÖt entertaining, and the crowd is beginning to get bored. Booing begins, but itÔÇÖs cut short when the half-orc easily tosses the boulder right back off the stage; the laborous dragging had been a deception. The crowd claps enthusiastically and the half-orc takes a bow. A few gnomes, with wood and tools, run onto the stage and begin repairing it.

As the gnomes are fixing the stage, some jesters and fools appear on the stage and in front, amusing the crowd with various antics in the meantime. As the gnomes leave the stage the crowd is greeted with a bang and smoke on the stage. The smoke hovers for a few seconds, and you can see some of the crowd wondering if the gnomes accidentally blew the stage up. The half-elf who seems to be in charge, even though heÔÇÖs dressed as a Fool and had been capering around in the crowd, has made it in front of the stage.

ÔÇ£Ladies and Gentlemen!ÔÇØ he booms in a voice much louder than expected. The crowd hushes, but the smoke is still thick atop the stage. ÔÇ£Ladies and Gentlemen!ÔÇØ he repeats, ÔÇ£be prepared to have your minds dazzled! This act is not one of Illusion, nor even Enchantment! The next act is one of magic, but is not performed by any Mage! Be prepared to be hypnotised by none other than the Magnificent Maeloraed and his assistant Lynthian!ÔÇØ

The smoke clears instantly, and there are two dazzling elves in its place. The crowd seems skeptical of a magic show without magic, but intrigued enough to watch and see what happens. The Magnificent Maeloraed begins by showing the crowd various metal loops that are unattached. He even gets someone in the crowd to pull on them to check that theyÔÇÖre solid. When he takes them back, with a deft move of his hand he links them and shows the crowd that theyÔÇÖre together as well as if theyÔÇÖd been melded together. There are a few claps, but not many and the crowd is getting bored again.

As the Magnificent Maeloraed begins to perform his next trick, the fools and jesters begin to move through the crowd again. Expecting another round of collections, you look at the jester nearest to you; itÔÇÖs the half-elf. He doesnÔÇÖt have a hat, and instead grabs onto your arm and pulls you up onto the stage no matter what you do.

ÔÇ£Just play along,ÔÇØ he whispers as you find yourself climbing onto the stage. You barely notice that the Magnificent Maeloraed has been explaining to the crowd that he will be hypnotising members from the audience using nothing but his normal voice and hands; there will be no magic involved. He claims he is being honest and admits that some minds are better suited into being tricked than others, and that it is it not always successful for this reason. You spare a glance towards the others who have been dragged upon the stage and look for their reactions.

Before you know it, Maeloraed is in front of you and is swinging something in front of you. Keep your eyes on the timer and listen only to my voice. When I count down from twenty you will do as I say. You will be aware of what you are doing but will only do as I say. 20, 19, 18.
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

lingrem
Former Mod

Re: Festival of Fools

Post by lingrem » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:45 pm

The first to be pulled onto the stage was a rather disgruntled looking Gnome (Zandrax), none too happy about being dragged on to the stage. ÔÇ£This is why I donÔÇÖt like big people, always shoving us little people around,ÔÇØ he muttered into the crowd as he was pulled up. As Maeloraed began to count down, Zandrax could sense that there was something a bit unexpected about the hypnotism. He tried to perform some magic of his own, but he found himself quite unable to do anything of his own accord.

Now, good Gnome, you shall do as I say, the hypnotist commands. I would like you to take a step towards megood keep coming, but wait, your feet are cemented to the ground! Maeloraed says suddenly, and Zandrax would have been helpless, if it werent for the assistant who catches him as he tumbles forward.

ÔÇ£We canÔÇÖt have our volunteers injuring themselves,ÔÇØ Maeloraed informed the audience, ÔÇ£so perhaps something less dangerous than walking across the stage?ÔÇØ

He pauses and appears to contemplate Zandrax carefully before continuing, allowing the audience time to process the GnomeÔÇÖs tumble.

ÔÇ£I think it might perhaps be a good idea if the Gnome was a chicken. They are both near the ground and quite little; so go on Chicken, be content!ÔÇØ

The Chicken was certainly content; the gnome began to waddle around the stage clucking contentedly, once or twice bumping his nose atop the stage. As this occurs, Maeloraed addresses the audience, some looking sceptical although still laughing.

ÔÇ£Who among you is a Wizard of some sort? Anyone who can detect magic, I willingly encourage you to cast it so that you can assure the audience that this is truly hypnotism!ÔÇØ The Hypnotist crosses his arms and waits, a smug smile on his face. Eventually, multiple people in the audience shout out and confirm that the Hynpotist is indeed not using any magic as neither he nor the timer had a magical auras around them.

Maeloraed nods, and readdresses the Gnome Chicken. ÔÇ£Kind Chicken, do go sit quietly and wait until the show is ended.ÔÇØ

The Chicken does precisely this, only occasionally clucking and ruffling his feathers throughout the other performances.

The next up is a gray-haired Elf (Flacks), who seems to only be on the stage for a staring contest. Not saying a word, Maeloraed smirks at the Elf as he refuses to look at the timer. While Maeloraed counts down, the ElfÔÇÖs eyes narrow in distrust. Flacks is aware that Maeloraed is not as trustworthy as he wants him to think.

Not that it matters. Shortly later Flacks finds himself doing even sillier acts than behaving like a chicken, culminating in singing a high-pitched song commonly only sung by school-girls. When Maeloraed is finished with him, he sends the Elf skipping over to sit beside the Chicken.

Lynthian, the assistant, next leads another Elf (Calendil) up to the front of the stage. This one looks around wildly, clearly not fond of being manhandled. ÔÇ£I am here for entertainment, to experience other cultures, for novelty!ÔÇØ the Elf thinks to himself as he looks at the audience.

Even the audience can sense the naivety of this one, as they grin up at the stage and at Calendil. He opens his mouth, as if about to speak, but instead he shrugs and looks at the timer that Maeloraed is waving in front of him. Calendil smiles, and itÔÇÖs the last action he takes of his own accord.

Maeloraed takes a darker turn with the young, purple-eyed Elf. He informs Calendil that the person dearest to him has died and it was his own fault, and that he is distraught. As Calendil breaks down, the audience is moved. Maeloraed frowns as he can see that the audienceÔÇÖs loyalty is currently with the young Elf, so he changes the scenario.

ÔÇ£You wake up from the horrible nightmare you have just had, and find yourself perfectly safe in your bed. You decide the best remedy for your nightmare is to have a jumping contest with yourself on top of your bed.ÔÇØ

The crowd is appeased as Calendil jumps around on the bed, and is even further pleased when Calendil breaks the bed of his own accord. As punishment, Maeloraed steps in as a parent and sends Calendil to the corner to sit and wait.

Next on stage Lynthian brings a human, and the audience seems to collectively roll their eyes. If Maeloraed can so easily hypnotize elves, surely a human is no match? The human (Mike) starts to bob back and forth, in time with the timer swinging before him. Maeloraed can see him bite his lower lip and the entire audience can see him squeezing his nails into the palms of his hands to resist the hypnotism. Maeloraed nods, glad that the audience is seeing some resistance. As Maeloraed reaches the end of the countdown, MikeÔÇÖs focus is given more fully to the timer. He is clearly ready to follow the orders given, although Maeloraed can still see some resistance as the human tries to turn his face away from the crowd.

Cautious, Maeloraed starts with something most people would be fine with; he lets Mike know that he has just won a trophy for winning a race and is at the pub bragging about it. Mike promptly holds his hands up, as if lifting up a trophy, and turns to facenot the crowd, as Maeloraed would have expected, but the previously hypnotised people sitting on the stage.

Fortunately the crowd finds it amusing, but Maeloraed is annoyed. He next instructs the human to face the audience and recite the silliest poem he knows. Mike again, responds as instructed, but there is another twist; the poem Mike recites is indeed a silly poem, about clothes. Mike has taken his cloak off, put it on backwards, pulled the hood up over his face, and stumbles around as he recites the poem.

Maeloraed canÔÇÖt tell if this is resistance or if the human is trying to one-up him somehow, so after the silly poetic performance he asks the human to take a bow and to sit quietly next to the Gnome, who clucks at him as he sits down.

Maeloraed looks at the last member from the audience to be brought on to the stage; this man has been watching the performances with a steady gaze, and Maeloraed would feel intimidated if he were not so confident in his act. But when Lynthian brings him forward, the man looks more as if heÔÇÖs a deer caught in headlights. The man, (Kenneth) looks confused as Maeloraed starts the countdown, and Maeloraed begins to look confused himself as if unsure that the hypnotism will take hold.

The crowd laughs at the expression on KennethÔÇÖs face before it returns to a stoic poker face, which happens to cleanly that the audience knows it isnÔÇÖt faked at all. Maeloraed instructs the samurai that he is a very harsh instructor in a cooking class.

Kenneth takes the role with all the sternness and charisma he can muster, and begins to strictly boss Maeloraed and Lynthian around. Unsatisfied with MaeloraedÔÇÖs perceived cooking, Kenneth knocks the ÔÇ£bowlÔÇØ off the ÔÇ£counterÔÇØ and informs Maeloraed that he is an utter disgrace and will have to start again.

The crowd loves it, but Kenneth stops the laughter short by barking at them all to mind their own business and get back to work. The crowd quiets and Kenneth continues teaching them how to make a souffl├®.

Maeloraed, feeling that this cooking performance is likely the best heÔÇÖs going to get from the samurai, asks Kenneth to stay still and silent. Lynthian, and the Fool bring the others up to the front, the Chicken still clucking. The Fool whispers to each of them as he passes that they are welcome to come to the Stage Hand for a drink later as a thank you for the good show. He says to ask for Hector, if theyÔÇÖre interested.

Maeloraed speaks his last words to the hypnotised, letting them know that when he counts back from 5 they will awaken as themselves, with the full memory of everything that transpired during the performance.

5.43.2.1.awake!
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:34 pm

Zandrax's (Z for short) eyes slowly blink as if waking up from a long slumber. For a moment he just stands there as if trying to remember why he is sitting down. Suddenly, Z turns a bright shade of red and performs a double face-palm. "Confound it you stupid quack, how dare you make such a mockery of me."

Z straightens himself from his chicken position. A broad smile forms on his face as he chuckles to himself about the situation.
"Oh well" he sighs "I suppose it is what it is."

Z approaches the hypnotist and waggles his hand at the man. He raises his voice to make sure the crowd can hear him.
"Alright, you had your fun, now give me the cut of the profit that you promised me!"

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:59 pm

It is Hector, the Fool, who steps in to answer before Maeloraed loses his cool. He smiles at the Gnome and addresses the audience.

"Locals and Returning Guests; You all know that I, Hector, would never allow for such bribery during our Festival! I will confess that I just offered to buy each of our volunteers a drink as they were taking center stage, as a thank you for their participation. I can only assume that our Good Gnome got the message mixed up!"

Many of the locals respond positively to Hector and seem to be angry with the Gnome as they call out insults to him. One in particular, a human with bright red hair, calls out loudly to point out how the Gnome's face was a bright red. "Redder than even my hair!" he shouts. This convinces most of the crowd to believe Hector.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:08 pm

Z thinks about the old adage, Trick me once shame on you, Trick me twice shame on me...
"I suppose it was all a mistake then like you said Hector."

Z stands for a moment, takes one last look at the Hypnotist and Hector and decides he may as well take them on the free drink before he loses that as well. Before he leaves he takes the opportunity to greet the others who were so easily fooled.

"Hello there Flacks, my name is Zandrax, but you can call me Z." says Z as he gives flacks the most sincere smirk that he can muster.
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:20 pm

Mike starts to silently laugh at the gnome, and looks at the other victims of this Maeloraed fellow, to discern what kind of people he might end up drinking with tonight.
Mike leans to his left and whispers to Kenneth

Hehe, seems the crowd is observant enough to know when the victims up here are blackmailing the performer.
Oh, and remind me to never get cooking lessons from you, they are way to fierce for me!

Mike laugh shortly of his joke and watches Kenneths reaction
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:28 pm

Seeing as how he got no response from the glassy-eyed flacks he turns around to look at the others in the group. He spots a human which is giving him an odd look while chatting up the another human. He approaches with caution and steadily holds out his hand in the human gesture of greeting.

"Hello there big person, my name is Zandrax, but you can call me Z, you are?"
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:45 pm

Oh, hey there small one, are you in a hurry to meet everyone on the stage?

Mike grabs the gnomes hand and shakes it.

Or should I speak in your native tongue? Cluck cluck
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:03 pm

Z smiles at the tall human and cocks his head slightly to the side.

"You have still not told me your name tall one, thus i will give you one, from now on I will call you Shh"

"and it seems as though you have a much better handle on the language of chickens than I." says Z with a small smirk

"yes, I like to think as myself as a friendly, as are all of my kind."

Theonewhoisodd
Game Master
UStream Username: Theonewhoisodd

Post by Theonewhoisodd » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:53 pm

► Show Spoiler
Flacks snaps from the hypnosis and looks around. He wonders how the hell the gnome knew his name already.

"How the heck did you know what my name was gnome?"

He unconsciously sets his hand onto the handle of his scythe.
My Kickstarter

"There is no such thing as overkill, there's kill and there's gravy." -Kurik

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:18 pm

► Show Spoiler
Calendil wakes up, looks around, and laughs. He walks up to the hypnotist and slaps him on the back. "Well done, sir! I did not think it was possible to charm my people so. And with no magic at all! This truly is a city of wonders." Turning to the audience, he proclaims, "Give this man a round of applause, for truly he has earned it!" But then he turns back to Maeloraed. In a quieter tone, he asks, "But why did you have to charm me into believing my own mother dead? And me so far from home for the first time?"
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:26 am

► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:55 am

► Show Spoiler
Z look back at flacks and then smiles a sly smile.

" I know your name because I have been following you. You intrigue me, but I mean you no harm."

John
Converses Frequently

Post by John » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:39 pm

Kent takes about 2 full alternating between blinking repeatedly and rubbing his eyes. He looks to the other people seated and then to the crowd. His eyes go wide and he leans over to the human next to him while still watching the crowd and whispers:

"Um...excuse me but I didn't do anything.....embarassing did I?"

He furrows his brows as he also checks all his pockets and items, making sure he has everything he came on stage with. Poor Kent
Games:
► Show Spoiler

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:53 pm

While various conversations between the Gnome and other 'volunteers' occurs, Hector's voice booms over the crowd. "One last round of applause for our good-natured volunteers! This was the last performance for now, but remember to check the Main Stage later on! And if there is nothing going on right here, do not forget about all the Buskers and Theatres we have here for your entertainment!"

After Hector speaks and the crowd claps, Calendil walks up to the hypnotist and slaps him on the back. "Well done, sir! I did not think it was possible to charm my people so. And with no magic at all! This truly is a city of wonders." Turning to the audience, he proclaims, "Give this man a round of applause, for truly he has earned it!"

Maeloraed looks highly undignified when the slap on the back knocks him forward slightly, and he mutters out "How dare you!" whilst Calendil is looking towards the crowd. Lynthian puts her hand on his shoulder to soothe him, shaking her head gently at him. "Keep your cool, you can't always have center stage dear. Let's just make our departure gracefully."

But then Calendil turns back to Maeloraed. In a quieter tone, he asks, "But why did you have to charm me into believing my own mother dead? And me so far from home for the first time?"

Maeloraed smirks, feeling appeased. He takes Lynthian's hand and steps to the front of the stage to take a bow. When the crowd starts to dissipiate he turns back to the younger Elf. "How was I to know that you would have such a strong reaction? It was your own fears that made your reaction so...dramatic."

Lynthian gives Maeloraed a stern look as she smiles at the young Elf, tucking a long strand of blonde hair behind her ear. "There is more to pleasing an audience than making them laugh, young Elf. True artists will make the audience feel all emotions, love, hate, pity, sorrow..."

While Calendil and the Hypnotist speaks, Hector addresses the others. "Don't forget about that offer of a drink later, at the Stage Hand. It's in the Performance District, which is just North of here. You don't look like locals, so I hope you enjoy your time here! And no, Warrior," Hector continues, addressing Kenneth, "you did nothing embarassing, unless you consider it to be such. You did, however, give a spectacular cooking lesson! I might just try making a souffle myself sometime!"

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:17 pm

Calendil considers Lynthian's words. He's still not sure it was necessary or appropriate to cause him pain for the entertainment of others, but he did come here looking to learn about different cultures and new things. He will meditate upon this lesson later when he gets ready for the night's reverie.

He gets clearer directions to the Stage Hand pub, then pauses. If someone addresses him, he'll stay to talk. Otherwise, he'll wander off to see more of the city and head over to the Stage Hand later.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Theonewhoisodd
Game Master

Post by Theonewhoisodd » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:22 am

Flacks take a step towards the gnome and bends down to whisper to him.

"Trust me little one you do not want to get on my bad side, so for your sake you better 'mean me no harm' else I will have to remove you're ability to follow anyone."

With that he exits the stage to head towards the Performance district.
My Kickstarter

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:21 am

Mike walks to the edge of the stage and turns around to his fellow victims of the hypnotist See you guys at the bar?
He turns around facing the crowd bowing graciously It was wonderful to perform amazing poetry for you, but I'll rather be a part of the crowd watching other people perfoming!
Mike jumps down the stage making a rolling fall if needed (Only if the stage is at most 19 ft high since I can null the 10 ft damage with a jump or a tumble check) and then continues to mingle with the crowd listening to what people talk about while he moves towards the perfomance district.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:22 am

Z takes a step back looking visibly shaken by his encounter with Flacks. Having given up on the prospect of meeting everyone else on stage he follows flacks, at a distant, towards the performance district.

John
Converses Frequently

Post by John » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:51 am

Kent stands and hastily retreats from the stage. While he doesn't necessarily indulge in much alcohol, he finds it an interesting thread to pull as he figures out where to start his journey. He goes to the stalls to find a couple of trinkets to send a courier to bring home to his family before asking around to locate the Stage Hand.
Games:
► Show Spoiler

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:52 am

Calendil considers Lynthian's words. He's still not sure it was necessary or appropriate to cause him pain for the entertainment of others, but he did come here looking to learn about different cultures and new things. Calendil then wanders off to see more of the city.

ThereÔÇÖs still a large crowd in the Circle from the performance; it seems most of the town was out to watch the first official performance. ItÔÇÖs hard to make his way through the crowd, as most people seem to be headed in the opposite direction..at least, thatÔÇÖs what it seems like. ItÔÇÖs hard to tell as Calendil gets jostled around in the crowd.

ÔÇ£You look a little lost,ÔÇØ a gentle voice says to him. The voice belongs to a middle aged woman, with wavy blonde hair that appears to be gaining ever more grey. Her blue eyes are twinkling as she smiles at Calendil.

Flacks take a step towards the gnome and bends down to whisper to him.

"Trust me little one you do not want to get on my bad side, so for your sake you better 'mean me no harm' else I will have to remove your ability to follow anyone."

With that he exits the stage to head towards the Performance district. Flacks stalks off in such a huff that he never notices the Gnome following him through the crowd.

Zandrax had taken a step back, visibly shaken by his encounter with Flacks. He makes his way through the crowd with difficulty, as the crowd is thick and he is small. He is able to keep his sights on Flacks though, and has the added benefit of being hidden by the crowd.

Mike, having made his goodbyes to the group, jumps off the stage after informing a dissipiating crowd ÔÇØIt was wonderful to perform amazing poetry for you, but I'd rather be a part of the crowd watching other people perfoming!ÔÇØ
People nearby donÔÇÖt seem impressed when they have to jump out of the way to avoid his unconventional exit from the stage, and he gets a few dirty looks as he heads into the crowd. As he makes his way through the crowd, he can clearly hear people talking about the performance. It seems that the crowdÔÇÖs reactions towards the hypnotism are all positive; the crowd has really enjoyed seeing Maeloraed deal with the unconventional reactions.
ÔÇ£Did you see that Gnome?ÔÇØ he hears someone say loudly.
A male voice responds with ÔÇ£Who didnÔÇÖt? What cheek!ÔÇØ
ÔÇ£I canÔÇÖt believe that he would be that stupid, who would insult Hector like that?ÔÇØ
ÔÇ£HeÔÇÖs been running the Circle Stage during the Festival for years!ÔÇØ
Hed better be careful thoughhe clearly isnt a local.
Mike moves through the crowd though and canÔÇÖt hear any more of the conversation.

Kent hastily retreated from the stage. While he doesn't necessarily indulge in much alcohol, he finds it an interesting thread to pull as he figures out where to start his journey. He goes to the stalls to find a couple of trinkets to send a courier to bring home to his family before asking around to locate the Stage Hand. Kent is clearly still distracted from the hypnotism, as he finds himself suckered into buying a teddy bear, a wooden sword, and the ÔÇ£worldÔÇÖs best anti-wrinkeÔÇØ cream from a vendor. In total itÔÇÖs cost him 20s8c. The merchant does, however, inform him that if he wants to spend another 10s he can purchase a map to the city.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:58 am

Calendil looks at the old woman curiously. {spot check, sense motive check} He smiles. "I'm not lost. It's hard to be lost when you're wandering aimlessly. I'm new to your city and wanted to explore. Do you have any suggestions?"

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

John
Converses Frequently

Post by John » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:30 am

Kent happily pays the vendor(s) for the goods, and also goes ahead to spend the other 10s for the map as well. (I'll deduct it tonight- crazy work day) . Once he does that he will find a mail courier to take the items to his family. He has a small list of couriers from his liege that will be willing to add the items to trade wagons to make its way back to his home town. If none of the couriers are currently open or available, he will keep the items and seek out the Stage Hand for a meal and some refreshment!
Games:
► Show Spoiler

Theonewhoisodd
Game Master

Post by Theonewhoisodd » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:47 am

Flacks, knowing that he had allowed himself to be followed before and not wishing to be again, will stop and turn around and attempt to spot (Spot check) the gnome to see if it is following him again. If he spots the gnome he will duck into the nearest shop otherwise he will keep heading towards the performance district.
My Kickstarter

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:14 am

((sorry, was in a rush when I posted this... I did a spot check for Flacks and a Hide check for Zandrax - Zandrax had a much higher roll, so Flacks is not aware of being followed right now))