Goblin Serial Killer: Revenge of the Pointy Stick

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Goblin Serial Killer: Revenge of the Pointy Stick

Post by Dlover » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:07 pm

So, as a header: It's been decided that, in order to make this game as welcoming as possible to new players, the number of pages should be kept down a bit. As such, we're going to use a single thread until it reaches ten pages, and then the next game starts on the next thread. I'll be posting the start of the game shortly.

The rules:
In this forum game, some of the players take on the roles of serial killers trying to kill everybody else. The "innocent" players, known as citizens, try to guess who the killers are by looking for clues in the descriptions of the kills. Every round lasts about a week and requires you to post every day, preferably more. To sign up, copy the numbered player list and add your name at the bottom.

Rules:
► Show Spoiler
Roles:
► Show Spoiler
Items:
► Show Spoiler
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dlover
Game Master

Re: Goblin Serial Killer: Revenge of the Pointy Stick

Post by Dlover » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:08 pm

The next round will be starting in a few hours, but there's still time to sign up. The current player list is:

V. Tea
4. Chuck
3. Badgeaddict
2. Davecom3
1. gamecreator
0. Synch
-1. Kelten
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:13 pm

Oh hell, why not:

VI. Jib
V. Tea
4. Chuck
3. Badgeaddict
2. Davecom3
1. gamecreator
0. Synch
-1. Kelten
Psychosis is such an ugly word... I prefer Internalised Reality Warping.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:16 pm

VI. Jib
V. Tea
4. Chuck
3. Badgeaddict
2. Davecom3
1. gamecreator
0. Synch
-1. Kelten
a.kida

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:30 am

I am proud to say that i started this ^....

though honestly, it makes killers who want to use the method of referring to their number in the sequence more difficult...this is good.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:44 am

The list is reset to normal at the start of the round, so that it doesn't mess with kills.

On a side note, I meant to start this hours ago. And now it's late enough that I can't give a consistent 24 hours. So I guess it will have to wait until some time I can reasonably manage, and it gives the new sign-ups a chance to decide whether they want to submit kills.
My game:

My characters:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:42 am

Okay, I'd say now is a good time to start this.
I love these abandoned factories. So much space, so much room to work, and no one can hear you scream. This one has his hands bound in chains, and the chains are hooked over a beam on the roof, holding him still while I create my masterpiece of suffering with my razor in revenge for four lives he ruined. Ahah! I hear a noise outside and see flashing lights, so I run and leave my victim hanging. I dare not let them see my face.

Yours,

The Phantom killer

Victim: the factory owner
1. Jib
2. Tea
3. Chuck
4. Badgeaddict
5. Davecom3
6. gamecreator
7. Synch
8. Kelten
9. kida
My game:

My characters:

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:08 am

Well, we can start with a few possible clues.

"Ahah" has only been said by Badge and Jibjib of the current players.
"Four lives he ruined" may be a clue, though I'm not sure of whom.
"I dare not let them see my face" may point to myself or to somebody else if it means something different.
"Razor" may point to a previous killer, or maybe a different source. Seems to point at Chuck (in GAL, run by Badge), Synch, or myself.
Perhaps a player of the Heterodyne game, which would mean Badge as the only one of us playing that game, or a game related to space.
"Flashing lights" seems only to have been mentioned by Patdragon of our players upon search, but you may think that points at me if you wish, because it was written in a post about his Dave the Janitor character.

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:48 am

Abstain...1...(Jib)

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:14 am

If you're going to Abstain anyways, you might as well vote against Dlover. If he's not guilty, it'll function like an Abstain, and if he is, you helped bring down the killer.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:15 am

1 badge (badge)

You've convinced me Dave. He definitely did it.

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:17 am

Badge, as there are no Civilian suicides, are you admitting your guilt?

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:20 am

I'm admitting both everything and nothing

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:23 am

Also I thought that voting for yourself was abstaining

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:47 am

Screw it :P

Badge...2...(Badge, Jib)

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:14 am

four lives he ruined
victim: factory owner

I think this may be a reference to the surprise jalapeno. Four of the players who signed up are on here. Myself, gamecreator, badge, and synch. And the premise is goblins who were laid off from the factory. I'd say the one who ruinded our lives would be the DM but he's not playing so one of the players maybe? There was a razor in GAL q4 so me who ended up with it or badge, the dm.

Random side note, aside from the chains anyone get a Dexter feel?

Badge...3...(Badge, Jib, Chuck)
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:36 am

i change my vote to Jib, my attempt at bait worked, now there are two of you under my suspicion.....why would i kill myself off if i was the killer? but, who would help me vote for myself? dun dun dun....the killer would

Jib(1) [Badge, ]
Badge(2) [Chuck, Jib]

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:19 pm

Jib(2) [Badge, Synch ]
Badge(2) [Chuck, Jib]
► Show Spoiler

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Ah, genuinely didn't think that would take, I do actually want to abstain, can we suspend hostilities and all abstain? :p

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:57 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:i change my vote to Jib, my attempt at bait worked, now there are two of you under my suspicion.....why would i kill myself off if i was the killer? but, who would help me vote for myself? dun dun dun....the killer would
Your actions could also be considered a ruse designed to make it look more like you're fooling around rather than actually the killer. And the clues do point to you.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:20 pm

Jib(2) [Badge, Synch ]
Badge(3) [Chuck, Jib,kida]

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:29 pm

I was thinking four lives ruined could refer to a player who has been killed four times, now,...have to go count everything...

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:17 pm

So....It isn't me.....but you'll find that out after I'm dead....the real question who is it.....and at this point, I've my eye on either Dave....or Chuck

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:16 pm

Voting for yourself may just be counted as Abstaining, but it is in no way helpful to actually finding the killer. As a generally wasteful action, such an action is more like a Killer than a Civilian. My list of possible clues may cast a wide net, pointing multiple misleads out, but I really don't know who the killer is and the quantity of possible misleads from this should be taken into account. If there are too many, the Civilians may wind up with a Detective, which would be worse news for a killer. Pointing out there may be too many is more something that benefits Civilians rather than a Killer.

And, Badge, I've pointed out that there are about as many clues that might point to me as you. Not all that smart of a killer move, as from what I've said, we both have pretty much the most pointing towards us from what I've said. Seems to me that would incline people towards lynching me, which I wouldn't want if I was a killer.

Jib(2) [Badge, Synch ]
Badge(3) [Chuck, Jib,kida]
Dlover(1) [Davecom3]

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:02 pm

First you think its yourself, then you think its Jib and I, then you think its Dave and I. All that flip flopping with out actually acknowledging any clues within the post just whoever votes for you. Even if its not you, you're not very productive, so getting you out of the voting pool is probably the most productive thing we can do, besides actually finding out who the killer is.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10