Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Dlover » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:23 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Fortunally should be easier to grab guards gun since he is carring a massive gun already
Yeeahh, but. He can just smack us with the rifle. One of us would really need to delay him while the other grabs the spare gun, and it seems like Isabella is indicating Alex should, but there are two vital pieces of information missing there, and that's that it's Alex and me. He's not physically inclined, and my rolls are rubbish... Still if that's what she's planning on, then it's easier to go with it, rather than mess up whatever she's thinking of.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:56 pm

....Also McShooty (the illegal swat guy) already failed one of his objectives. Casualties is not only death, but an injury as well. He already has a casualty because he shot the guard.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:07 pm

This 1-turn a day business is killing me, btw, especially the misses.
Comitting slowest murder ever here. :roll:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:13 pm

Mort pls, I'm dying. Help. :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:17 pm

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:17 pm

Seriously though, the battle started about 10 days ago. If the worst happens and Maguma drops, the battle won't resolve for until that much longer, at least. If Maguma misses much more then that's not entirely unlikely, especially with the incoming Wish.

*grumble, grumble, play-by-post format, grumble*

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:22 am

Yeah, we'll see. If things really seem to slow down, I might try and do multiple updates on a day.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:53 am

Well at least you got a post yesterday. We are still waiting.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:39 pm

Jesus some of you guys are impatient. Funnily enough, people who aren't running games of their own either. Its a fuckload of effort updating a game daily, let alone multiple times per day.
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:48 pm

Heeeey i tried, just...people not posted so it seems they are uninterested so I let it die. And I know I am impatient.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:52 pm

Chill out with the hostility. I'm fully aware it takes time to update a game, and I was mostly grumping at the pbp format in general.

And really I was being more selfish, just wanting to get on with Koa's battle since individual battles don't take that long to update for. Obviously asking to update for everyone multiple times a day is too much.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:56 pm

Geeze guys, all calm down.

Anyways, been working on how to deal with weapons and such... More specifically guns in that case. I derived a lot of the design over in Dusk's game, but wanted to make some adjustments to better fit in this campaign.

General mechanics:

[DEADLY] Weapons with the deadly tag are especially dangerous, although difficult to use. Any weapon with the DEADLY tag has it's base DB increased by one and it's AC check increased by two. Additionally, critical hits performed by a deadly weapon inflict an additional injury. However, AC rolls which fall below the base AC of a struggle attack cause the gun to jam, requiring a shift action to unjam. A person can however drastically increase his skill with deadly weapons with proper training by taking the appropriate edges.

Edges:

Gun Training
Prerequisites: novice combat
static
Effect: When using weapons with the [DEADLY] tag, rather than it's regular effects, apply the following. +1 to DB and AC checks. An additional injury is inflicted on rolls of 18-20, extended together with critical hit range. Guns only jam on a natural roll of 1.

Any thoughts on it? Just quickly churned this out. :roll:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:07 pm

As someone who isn't facing any guns right now, I don't really have much of an opinion. We also haven't really fought against many weapon-users in general in either campaign, at least not since 1.05 came out with its revamped weapon rules, so I don't have much point of reference.

I would suggest the Edge requiring Adept Combat at least, though.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:11 pm

Yeah, seems decent, so long as I'm correctly understanding the +2AC making it harder to use.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:24 pm

What do you mean lower than the struggle ac? You mean 3 or less? Or 5 or less?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:48 pm

AC4, if you have Combat of Expert or higher it's AC3. So if you have expert combat you can use the gun more effectively.
My game:

My characters:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:30 am

Given I haven't seen any trainers fall unconscious, how bad is it?

I'm facing a situation where I may as well get one more hit in with Jolt, then I can either chug a potion and let Jolt get taken out, or switch him out to save him, only to get taken out myself.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:42 am

Synch wrote:Given I haven't seen any trainers fall unconscious, how bad is it?

I'm facing a situation where I may as well get one more hit in with Jolt, then I can either chug a potion and let Jolt get taken out, or switch him out to save him, only to get taken out myself.
How about we find out together? >:D
"Dusk, I need you to try to possess this guy."
Sure you want to do that? I mean, the mechanic is there for a reason, but it's also intentionally bad:
A ghost or collection of up to three ghost types may attempt to possess a human target as a full action. The target needs to roll a focus save with DC equal to 1/10th of the (collection of) ghost's level. Upon failure, the target is possessed. A possessed target can not take actions of it's own. The user of possession controls the target and may only execute a single shift or a single standard action each turn. Any attack on the target of possession, combat maneuver, or disturbment in the form of a swift action breaks the possession. A ghost, when forcefully removed, loses 1/10th of it's max HP. A ghost may only successfully possess a target once a day. A target of possession when willingly, may remove 1 dice from his focus save. A ghost may freely leave it's host at-will.
I'd also like to thank you to back out off into a minimum range weapon. >:D

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:17 am

...yeah Dlover, the only way your Lv15 ghost is gonna succeed in the possession is if that guy has 1d6 Focus, and rolls a one. If his Focus is any higher than that, it'll be literally impossible for him to fail the check. You'd be better off sending out Roy, and having him try to Grapple, Disarm, or Trip the guy.

-----------------------------------

On another note, for my group - are we definitely going to be going on the offensive against this new guy? Or are we going to try running/hiding again? Because we should probably decide on that before making any more posts.

If we're going to fight, both Izzy and Kay can try to confuse him. Or, I could send out Maku and have him attempt a Disarm?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:47 am

Forgot there were established rules for possession... And anything but a roll of 1 would be a success against Dusk. Well that's a no-go.
Dusk9 wrote:your Lv15 ghost
18, but that doesn't make any difference here anyway.
M0rtimer wrote:I'd also like to thank you to back out off into a minimum range weapon. >:D
I won't be stepping out into the brute's range, regardless. His gun is muffled, and a rifle to boot, which makes it markedly longer than the one taken from our guard friend.

Okay, better plan: Roy will disarm this guy because he's a fucking badass. Next turn her grapples before the gun can be retrieved, because Roy is actually faster than Euler. That leaves him Vulnerable to our attacks, at which point Alex will retrieve one of the guns and shoot his elbows out.
Alternative: Alex can be the most charming fucker in existence and can Manipulate: Flirt as often as necessary to keep the guy infatuated until I can steal a gun and shoot him, or until he questions his own sexuality so heavily that he collapses. Isabella will have to find a way to survive on her own. :thumbsup: :P (I have no reservations about using Flirt on a guy. Whether or not he's into somebody, Alex can and will Manipulate them all day long.)
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:41 am

I don't think we have a room to hide into now, and we have surprise. Angel can flinch him, which gives us a turn advantage. We can use it to confuse and attempt to disarm (but i feel he has the feature which allows him to keep weapons by spending an ap). We can send out multiple pokemon to try to flank and prevent him from using range attacks because of massive AoO.

However, if you guys wish to hide, go ahead but James is not going to let the guard to get hurt again by the merc.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:52 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:However, if you guys wish to hide, go ahead but James is not going to let the guard to get hurt again by the merc.
Didn't he say something about getting a doctor? That means they're not going to hurt him any time soon, and there's going to be more momentarily.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:09 am

but is there a room we can hide into now? I don't think so....

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:13 am

Like Theis/Drake just pointed out, we can simply keep walking and stay ahead of the guy until we do find somewhere to hide. The curved corridor should keep us hidden as long as we move fast enough.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:21 am

Forgot there were established rules for possession... And anything but a roll of 1 would be a success against Dusk. Well that's a no-go.
To be fair, two, if we round up. But yea.
but is there a room we can hide into now? I don't think so....
There's doors like every twenty meters, at least. IF you want to hide, you could very feasibly try to find a room to do so. The curved corridor keeps you out of sight for now.