Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:32 am

Eh, you also had that thing with Genesect, and your (brief) encounter with the Overseer.
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:38 am

^ that.

You've apparently even got NPCs working on the Plasma frigate to get it up and running, whereas our group left that as a lost cause. And as far as significant side-content goes, Alex had his encounter with Marshadow and his portion of Mort's alternate reality game, and on our side Izzy had her AR puzzle and a first encounter with a shadow pokemon.

Though to be fair, I can understand where you're coming from. Our group had 2 encounters with interdimensional beings, back-to-back, so I can see how you'd feel your encounters were more mundane. I'd still say what you've been doing hasn't been unimportant, though.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:49 am

SuperVaderMan wrote: Though to be fair, I can understand where you're coming from. Our group had 2 encounters with interdimensional beings, back-to-back, so I can see how you'd feel your encounters were more mundane. I'd still say what you've been doing hasn't been unimportant, though.
Yeah, this is pretty much exactly what I was going for. We've been dealing mainly with the crazy magic bullshit, while they've been dealing mainly with the crazy robot/science bullshit.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:21 am

I'm not completely sure how it'll happen, but I know I would want Bruce there for "The Storm". Understandable if it can't happen, but I feel like Phoenix also missed out on a lot of the main plot, and I'd like to get in on that. It's interesting, and I don't want to miss it!
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:12 pm

about the gym challenges, what if people were allowed to post actions post gym challenge when appropriate?

Like technically Irene did her challenge before Izzy, but because I spent longer in the maze it creates a bizarre situation where Irene is just sort of magically sitting in the one spot of the city where no cell phone service and her not noticing at all. So for now it would make sense for Irene to interact, with Izzy because logistically Irene should be available, but she's in the past.

So for group b,, maybe let them be part of the storm and gym challenge at the same time, while maybe having a
break up the two events?

Also spending time in the city, we can easily do stuff, after all Irene needs to visit the breeder for the voucher anyways

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:01 pm

True, I'd pretty much forgotten most of the stuff we've really done. Getting Genesect was kind of just a gimmick fight which was even easier than fighting Tex, and we didn't really do much with the godslayer encounter, though that one's on me. Getting the plasma frigate repairs going was pretty cool, too, but doesn't really achieve anything until we can get a core cube opened.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:04 am

I'd like to think that I tried to split up missions of "equal importance" among the two groups. Like some pointed out, it's just that one group got to deal with more supernatural shit, while the other one was more mundane... If anything, I think the potential impact of getting the ship running is leagues beyond that of what the other group managed to do- Which in essence boiled down to only introductions. (As for the stones, not only was it probably the last thing to have any impact on the issue we're discussing, you guys probably also took the worst possible option I can think off to deal with it. :roll: )

Anyways, I think what I'm referring to as "the storm" is important enough to class as "main story" stuff. Which leaves the final choice to be made between option 1 and 2- Be it shortening everything down a bit so it doesn't have to take too long, or do the full gym challenge, and by extent, we'll have to keep the other group occupied in some manner for the duration. I mean, we'd have to do so regardless, but for a longer duration. :roll:

With the main concern out of the way, a couple more personal replies.

-I actually do have some plans to potentially split up the party in smaller groups, but it will all be part of the same "event".

-I plan to introduce Phoenix's new character tomorrow while others are busy with their gym challenge ideally, or failing that, at the very least during "the storm".
about the gym challenges, what if people were allowed to post actions post gym challenge when appropriate?

Like technically Irene did her challenge before Izzy, but because I spent longer in the maze it creates a bizarre situation where Irene is just sort of magically sitting in the one spot of the city where no cell phone service and her not noticing at all. So for now it would make sense for Irene to interact, with Izzy because logistically Irene should be available, but she's in the past.

So for group b,, maybe let them be part of the storm and gym challenge at the same time, while maybe having a
break up the two events?
In some respects I don't mind this if a player doesn't mind the extra "load", like you're saying to do with Izzy as it wouldn't matter much, but it's not really an option for this instance- Both events would be rewarding exp and more, meaning they'd have to enter a second battle while not actually having gained those levels and such yet.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:53 pm

M0rtimer wrote:Alex, Haley, Koa
:meh: :P

Do we have an updated Pokedex PDF? I have Pokedex 1.05 and it doesnt have Torracat et al.
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:02 pm

I'm assuming we're using the fan-made Gen 7 'dex here, and it was given the OK by the devs.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:26 pm

Gen 7 pokemon are implemented on my current sheet, though I don't know why. I think somebody added them to their sheet and I copied them? Anyway, I've got my Pokemon Data and Pokemon Skills pages visible so you can just copy the new pokemon into your if you don't have them.
Also, that PDF is nice to have, since I had no damn clue where I was going to find moves and abilities.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:44 pm

I am not sure what you mean by that mort. I asked sparky about mega stones being there and if we should go back for them. But sparky said there were no stones if they were going for power, which meant even if we did beat them up we'd gotten none and our mons would have been injured.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:28 pm

Going for a torracat is pretty much completely out of character since I've been promised a Tyrantrum when we get to a revival machine, and it fills the same role as Incineroar, but I want the dexp.
My game:

My characters:

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:17 pm

Quick question: Does the Twisted Power ability still exist for regular players? I know that Spot had it, but the edge/feat/whatever that granted it seems to have disappeared. Was I crazy? Was I (accidentally) cheating?

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:25 pm

Twisted Power was turned into something you can grant through a poke edge. It's in the September 2015 playtest

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:30 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:I am not sure what you mean by that mort. I asked sparky about mega stones being there and if we should go back for them. But sparky said there were no stones if they were going for power, which meant even if we did beat them up we'd gotten none and our mons would have been injured.
Except that wasn't what was said. At all.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:18 am

Well, obviously not. Any that would have been there would have been taken by them, no doubt! :o

Assuming that even any formed, assuming they are harvesting the energy there... :S
It's not literally what he said, and the first half implies that there could be some tucked away somewhere, but the second line implies a likelihood that there weren't any. So it's not really like he didn't say it at all. He was just noncommittal about either possibility. Well, I would've been against going after them regardless, since at that point Bjorn was hurt and down a pokemon while they had reinforcements on the way.
My game:

My characters:

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:41 am

SuperVaderMan wrote:Twisted Power was turned into something you can grant through a poke edge. It's in the September 2015 playtest

Thanks! I kinda forgot that thing existed. I'll look thriu ghost it tonight and make some changes.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:16 am

Dlover wrote:
Well, obviously not. Any that would have been there would have been taken by them, no doubt! :o

Assuming that even any formed, assuming they are harvesting the energy there... :S
It's not literally what he said, and the first half implies that there could be some tucked away somewhere, but the second line implies a likelihood that there weren't any. So it's not really like he didn't say it at all. He was just noncommittal about either possibility. Well, I would've been against going after them regardless, since at that point Bjorn was hurt and down a pokemon while they had reinforcements on the way.
I would think we could have convinced them to give us a couple mega stones, but the implication that there were none there means it would have been pointless to try.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:31 am

I would think it would be pointless to try to convince them to give you mega stones because you're a bunch of strangers that attacked them out of nowhere. That's not even to mention that you revealed to them that you've allied yourself with an amoral, eldritch being indirectly responsible for escalating a great war some time in the past.

In any case, I'd imagine Spark was noncommittal about it either way because it can't sense them, it can only suspect their presence based on the Plasma frigate scan.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:12 pm

*shrug* We still could have tried if we weren't told they are not likely there. I think we did the best we could with the information we got in regards of the stones.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:30 pm

SuperVaderMan wrote:I would think it would be pointless to try to convince them to give you mega stones because you're a bunch of strangers that attacked them out of nowhere. That's not even to mention that you revealed to them that you've allied yourself with an amoral, eldritch being indirectly responsible for escalating a great war some time in the past.

In any case, I'd imagine Spark was noncommittal about it either way because it can't sense them, it can only suspect their presence based on the Plasma frigate scan.
Yeah, after that, I doubt even Alex's incredible charming powers could have convinced them to share. If we were actually on good terms I could have brought it up before we left, but they were guarded, just short of hostile.
My game:

My characters:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 pm

Roy gains 2 levels ( :O that was a two hits ), putting one point into HP and one into Attack.

:O Also, I forgot that Roy's starter bonus gives him an egg move at level 30. He gets Drain Punch and drops Chip Away.
... As another note, do moves from the Inheritance trait count toward the Tutor limit?

Double :O, when Roy hit Level 30 it triggers Top Percentage [1]. For now he only gets +1TP. For now.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:32 pm

Spoilers ahead for the dark gym, read at your own risk, unless you have already completed it, or your name is SuperVaderMan.
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:22 am

How is Samurott not mountable?! Its as big as a ponyta or girafarig.
► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:47 am

I think Samurott falls under the category of needing a special saddle to ride.
Because when it draws it's sword it's back twists to the point where you'd fall off.
Plus in battle Samurott can also stand on it's hind legs, so that would also be a different position.