Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:00 am

Dlover wrote:And if you're storing your action that turn for an intercept rather than using it? That way you'd have two actions available?
Hmm...actually yeah, I could see that happening. If someone hasn't acted on Turn A yet and Intercepts, then uses their Turn B action to Protect. By RAW that seems fine. Not sure how OP it is either, since you're basically spending 2 turns to block damage for someone else. Koa can already do that with Wide Guard, protecting himself and multiple others, and only lose 1 turn for it (though he does need to be adjacent already to trigger it, I suppose).
Dlover wrote: That would fix the problem. Though I kind of doubt I want to put two edges into athletics for it.
Yeah, it doesn't really work for Alex, does it. Just thought I'd bring it up, since it's one of the rare cases where a General Feat is actually useful :lol:
Dlover wrote:On an unrelated note (Something I won't be using with Alex or his pokemon), is it possible to delay a character's turn when their initiative comes up? For example, if you have the Steelheart class, using a Weapon Attack on an enemy who has hit you this round causes the target to lose a tick of HP. If the Steelheart were faster than the enemy, could they delay their turn in order to take advantage of that? I thought it was, but don't see it in the handbook.
....I'm sure I remember some of us using that tactic in the past, but I'm not positive whether that was RAW or Homebrew.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:15 am

Yeah, but you have to delay your whole turn until later in the initiative order once your turn comes up.
Page 227 v1.05 wrote:Combatants can choose to hold their action until a specified lower Initiative value once per round.
Though for the Steelheart in particular, I'd just ask the GM to adjust the wording on that feat to "Whenever your Weapon Attacks hit a foe who has previously hit you with a Melee attack within one full round, the
foe loses a Tick of Hit Points." RAW, though, yeah you'd have to wait until they go first to see if they hit your or not.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:28 pm

So for those of you who have been following Phoenix's part of the updates... Let's be honest here, who predicted this was inevitably going to happen?

And regarding Izzy's part of this update... I'll just link this

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:37 pm

Honestly I'm not too surprised. There is no reason to trust an evil spirit that tells you it will give you everything you want.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:33 pm

What, you mean I can't outsmart the eternal power-obsessed demon creature through sheer willpower? Who knew! :gonk:
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:09 pm

You know, the fact the devs went straight to PTU 2.0 instead of an official S/M pokedex really just saved me a lot of grief here.

In the new games the Saybleye learns detect at level 14
in the old games the move was learned at level 22
Until the update I was a little sad because I thought the crit was going to go to waste. :lol:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:16 am

Natrivv wrote:You know, the fact the devs went straight to PTU 2.0 instead of an official S/M pokedex really just saved me a lot of grief here.

In the new games the Saybleye learns detect at level 14
in the old games the move was learned at level 22
Until the update I was a little sad because I thought the crit was going to go to waste. :lol:
...Actually, I seem to have completely glossed over and missed doing that. :paranoia:

Oh well, I suppose.

Also Burns/Dlover, I'll take a substitute action for Bjorn assuming he doesn't manage to post by this evening.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:09 am

Uuuh, probably... Have Sneak quick attack the nearest Euler and Bjorn... Ice Punch one?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:14 am

Hey Mort, could you re-upload the Trinity Isles map? The one you first uploaded was on Photobucket before they kicked the bucket (and if you ever put up another one I can't find it). And maybe link it to the first post too this time :P

Also, how long would it take for Izzy to put the Moves from all her Pokemon into her Technique Archive? By RAW each move costs 1AP, so she can do 7 Moves per Scene. But I'm not sure how many Scenes I could fit in, for example, during our evening downtime before sleep?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:18 am

But that'd require work, and you guys all know how lazy I am. :roll:

I'll see what I can do once I'm home, though, I should still have the picture saved... I'd probably ought to redo it, though.

As for your second question... I'd say there'd be another "two scenes" before you went off to bed, because it's getting pretty late. You could probably get all of your moves in the book over the span of a day.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:56 pm

Dusk9 wrote:Ice - North somewhere?
*After searching for a few weeks* "So it turns out the thing was powering Bjorn's old house."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:29 pm

M0rtimer wrote: ...Actually, I seem to have completely glossed over and missed doing that. :paranoia:

Oh well, I suppose.

Also Burns/Dlover, I'll take a substitute action for Bjorn assuming he doesn't manage to post by this evening.
If you want you can retcon to have done that, the only difference is I would have stayed in the air for shockwave insted of going in for pursuit.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:27 pm

Here's that map I promised.

Consider it... Outdated, though. (Mostly in the sense that there's like, a lot more islands than what's currently depicted.) Whether I'll get around to updating it, though, is an entirely different matter.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:20 am

Okay, so we know where Ironblight is. What about those other places Jack mentioned - the deadly swamp, Thunder Plains, and Windswept Isles?

Also, I've got some questions about the map. I'm guessing the big white bit in the very centre is the top of a huge snow-capped mountain? And I figure the dark-green bit in the south-east with the two lakes is a dark forest of some kind. But what's the brown on the edge of the desert - rocky crags? Or is it dirt/mud?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:04 am

Dusk9 wrote:Okay, so we know where Ironblight is. What about those other places Jack mentioned - the deadly swamp, Thunder Plains, and Windswept Isles?
"Graves swamp" is an area that lies somewhere on the south-west of the main island. It's not currently properly depicted. Thunder plains and windswept isles are both on their respective islands, the former lying further north-east of ironblight, while the windswept isles lie off from the north-west side of the island... Neither are properly depicted right now, which is the main reason for saying that I ought to redo the map.

Also given what you're trying to do, and in my search to find when I mentioned the swamp before, this might interest you a bit: http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 6&#p213756
Also, I've got some questions about the map. I'm guessing the big white bit in the very centre is the top of a huge snow-capped mountain? And I figure the dark-green bit in the south-east with the two lakes is a dark forest of some kind. But what's the brown on the edge of the desert - rocky crags? Or is it dirt/mud?
Yup, snow-topped mountain. And the dark green is actually supposed to be the swamp you've found the edges off a couple times early on in the game, but nobody ever traversed much further than that. (Mostly because a swamp obviously isn't the easiest place to cross, and it was far enough from the city that going much deeper would mean you'd have to camp rather than return to the city. So location/size probably isn't wholy correct, but the general placement is)

The brown on the edge of the desert are mostly rocky crags, yes. Living conditions are a "bit" better near the mountains, rather than in the vast open desert, which is what that is supposed to signify.

Honestly why do you guys even put me in charge/deal with me making maps.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:26 am

Because if someone else made the maps they'd be wrong?
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:29 am

Clearly though, it can't end up being that much more wrong. :roll:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:16 am

M0rtimer wrote: Also given what you're trying to do, and in my search to find when I mentioned the swamp before, this might interest you a bit: http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 6&#p213756
...I'll be honest, I completely forgot about that. Poor Jeremy, now it's gonna look like Izzy was ignoring him! Though in her defence, she was kinda distracted by all the hiking :lol:

Okay, so the ruins with the ice barrier must be the Cold Castle. And I'm guessing the Queen's Hive was found somewhere in that eastern swamp. Not that it really matters, since Plasma already took the Plate/Box from those spots.

Great Pyramid = under the desert, obviously. And the Sunken Shrine is underwater. No chance of us finding either of those without help.

The Grand Tree must obviously be in a forest somewhere, but I've no idea where - you'd think that a tree that big would be easy to find, but maybe it's underground somewhere? Or hidden amongst some equally big trees, possibly on another island like that one in the south-east.

Grand Castle, Mountain's Halls, and Dragon's Pride all sound like they'd be somewhere in the mountains. Dragon's Pride probably on top of the tallest one, and Mountain's Halls underground.

Fire (I'm not sure whether it's the Crucible or Forge, since both apply to Steel and Fire) must be in Hamachi's volcano. Probably with the imprisoned Heatran nearby. That might even be what the Godslayer's are doing over there in the first place. Groundon already defended the Fire Orb/Plate from Team Magma, but the Godslayers will be much more prepared for him.

The Pit I'm probably having the most trouble with. It's likely at the bottom of a canyon or crevasse...but that could be basically anywhere. All we know is what Jack said; that it's not near to Murkoff. The rocky crags seem like a possible candidate?

The Grand Dojo I can see as either being disguised as a regular dojo, probably in the fighting city. Or it's on top of a mountain somwhere, and you need a ton of physical strength to get there. Cerebrum Tower could be literally anyway - in fact, I'm betting it's going to be somewhere obvious, and is using mind-magic to disguise itself/make people who see it forget it's existence.

And actually, speaking of hiding in plain sight....isn't that something the Normal temple would do? Hide itself by looking as unremarkable as possible? Because if I'm remembering right, you guys did find a castle when you first met Hoopa....albeit one that's now a pile of rubble.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:22 am

The normal temple is protected by being so uninteresting, nobody really wants to deal with it.

:roll:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:42 pm

Everything about the normal temple is just average,
it doesn't look new or old, just looks average for it's location.
The windows aren'y big or small, just average.
The color of the building isn't colorful, or subdued, just average.
When you try to enter, the aerage looking door gives way with an average amount of force.
The first room looks average, along with the rest.

Indeed the only remarkable thing is no matter what happens around it, the normal temple is perfectly average by any measurment.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:20 pm

Dusk9 wrote:The Pit I'm probably having the most trouble with. It's likely at the bottom of a canyon or crevasse...but that could be basically anywhere. All we know is what Jack said; that it's not near to Murkoff. The rocky crags seem like a possible candidate?
Ffff- Well, I can at least guarantee that if there is a canyon or crevasse we need to find, Alex will fall down it at some point.

Also, yes, there was a castle like that. It had sunken into the caverns in a landslide, and beating the s*** out of Hoopa made it collapse.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:55 pm

Oh probably too late for this, but- Dlover, could you give me an intuition check for Alex?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:16 pm

My game:

My characters:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:00 am

Oops, that vanguard attack didn't go down well!
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:04 am

Hey, you guys can't stop battling and try to make amends now! I spent too long statting these guys up! :roll:

On a serious note, I'm wondering if I should just interrupt the battle, or allow the turn to go back around to Alex before attempting diplomacy... I think I'm going to ask for a charm check, in each case. Luna will probably assist. :roll:

edit because ninja: Seems like I'm gonna have to make the turn go around first... >:D