► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Dlover » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:57 am

► Show Spoiler
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:37 am

► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:28 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:04 pm

► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:36 am

I like Frosty, suits his demeanour too :lol:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:49 am

That's one way of thinking of it, though we were thinking more along the lines of Frosty The Snowman, and as far as I know that snowman was far too cheerful. :p
My game:

My characters:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:34 pm

He's technically more Elsa from Frozen than a snowman :lol:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:34 pm

I vote that Pyre aims for Hoppip bot with ember.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:39 pm

Thats what I was about to do. Sorry guys for missing updates, I've been so wrecked after Halloween and now kids aren't sleeping properly because of fireworks. If Bjorn was awake, he'd so catch the Porygon.
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:53 pm

The porygon is already captured by Tex. We could probably capture it if Tex died, but we have an aternative way to get a porygon but it will cost money.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:05 pm

Okay so I only have one revive so I have to make it worth it. What are the recovery rules on healing items? I may give the other trainers healing items/refreshments so they can wake up.

Also my fingers are fat. I hit x by accident. Supposed to say se move.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:11 pm

Yeah, I assumed as much. :roll:

Anyways, a revive will perk up anyone instantly, while healing someone to positive HP will have them wake up after ten minutes. Otherwise, 1/16th of HP is restored every half an hour, so eventually people would start waking up naturally from being knocked out...

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:21 pm

So just give Tex and Hopper a few kicks every now and then to keep them down and we'll all get up later. :p

Also, awful Kind of Hopper to take an extra action to hit the hoppip, since Adrian didn't act. :p
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:37 pm

Does that include robits as well?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:32 pm

Considering repair nanobots are too scientific, robots aren't going to be healing themselves.
My game:

My characters:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:32 pm

I'm tempted to have Alex keep his injuries just so he can show up in a pokecentre with bizarre injuries again, spreading the confusion to a new city. One day, all of Trinity Isles will have stories of the mysterious trainer who somehow constantly gets beat to sh** in mysterious ways and just never cares, never learns. Is he in some sort of gang? Is he a secret agent? How does he keep getting these weird injuries and still be none the worse for it? But that would also be days away and a waste of money.

Also, I have to consider how to use the 640exp. Adrian did most of the work on my team, but that's really just because he was completely ignored until the very end, so I'm still considering replacing him. In which case, Dusk did participate, so I can give her the exp. So she'd be going to level 33.
Or I could split it. If I take Adrian up two levels to level 25, Dusk is just short of the six levels to 32...
But still, I do want to replace Adrian, so I don't want to waste too much exp on him. But I need to keep him until I get the replacement. Auuugh I hate making decisions.

Screw it. Maybe this is an awful idea, but I'm putting the 640 exp into Dusk.
Dusk gains 7 levels. As she hits level 30 it triggers Top Percentage Rank 1 on her.
Dusk Learns Confuse Ray, but already knows it from Mentoring and refunds the TP used on it.
For stats, she gets 2 in HP, 3 in ATK, 1 in DEF, and 1 in SDEF.

Also, for some reason Dusk has a large number in her bonus evasion cell. "=67-24", no clue why it's there. Removing it.
Last edited by Dlover on Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:07 pm

I am double checking to see if it's worthwhile now: the keen eye/perception from travel archive, is it a static thing I would have? Or is it the locations I shot only? If locations shot then what about the later Feature letting me give said ability to mons?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:27 pm

Oh, question, would the break here be long enough to take an Extended rest for the sake of Mentoring the newly leveled Dusk?
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:56 pm

The 3 exp leveled Haley up! She gets General edu (novice), and Tech edu (expert). She also gets +1 def. The feat that was floating for the longest time...hmm... I'm not sure how mort will use the travel archive, until I know for sure (like what pictures count for a 'location' or how big it is) I can't really decide. It kinda sucks that that portion of chronicler is based on the gm. If it doesn't then I might get genetic memory and have a bad ass fossil mon, along with making decent money off of bad ass fossil mons I make.

Jackie gains 10 EXP, 1 lv and 1 def! She is now viable for evolution!~
Cushion gains 450 exp, 6 levels! She gains 2 Hp, 2 att, 2satt. She forgets sand attack and learns payback!~ She is now viable for evolution!
Willow gains 180 exp, 2 lvs and 1 sdef and 1 def! She forgets tackle and learns leech seed!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:42 am

Also, for some reason Dusk has a large number in her bonus evasion cell. "=67-24", no clue why it's there. Removing it.
Might have been me. I've no problem doing math in my head, but I'd rather have the machines figure it out for me so I can't accidentally switch a number around and get scolded by you guys for deducting too much HP. :shifty:
I am double checking to see if it's worthwhile now: the keen eye/perception from travel archive, is it a static thing I would have? Or is it the locations I shot only? If locations shot then what about the later Feature letting me give said ability to mons?
I mean, the pdf is pretty explicit about it- You get the selected ability at any location where you've previously snapped a picture at, and so will your pokemon. That generally shouldn't be a problem, though- Only instance it wouldn't just be "static" is when you'd get in a battle shortly after entering a new area if you hadn't had the chance to snap a picture yet. And I don't intend to be pedantic about that and go like: "Oh yes, you've snapped a picture of Murkoff forest before... But this is a DIFFERENT PART of Murkoff forest- You'd have to snap a new picture.". You'll be able to cover pretty large grounds using only a single travel entry. If you're ever in doubt about it, you can just ask. (Also I'm pretty sure none of the archives are supposed to have a limited size, if that's something you're asking too.)
Oh, question, would the break here be long enough to take an Extended rest for the sake of Mentoring the newly leveled Dusk?
That's up to you. Extended rests are at least four hours long- But after that battle, it's not exactly farfetch'd (hehe) to say you want to get some rest and recover before doing anything else.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:13 am

Edited my action to check out the last tunnel. Forgot it was there before, and Izzy would want to at least see what's down there.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:16 am

Alright, cool, I was just bringing up the calculation to make sure I wasn't committing some horrible sin by deleting it.

As for mentoring... I forgot Extended Rests are four hours. For some reason I was thinking half an hour. Anyway, no mentoring time, then, since we've probably not got four hours before Tex or hopper wake up, and I kind of doubt they'd politely sit and wait for Alex to finish the training.

On the Travel Archive front, it seems fairly clear on "Would one biome count for all biomes of that type?" (Since 'Murkoff forest' was said specifically). But you can only put pictures into your archive during an Extended Rest. So if you're only visiting a place once and you don't intend to stop and take a four hour rest to put one picture into the archive, the Travel Archive seems kind of difficult to use. Not entirely useless, considering you can get an entire zone with one photo, and when you're based in one city for a while, you can benefit from that city and its surrounding zones, but still difficult to use for something like the bunker, where I don't think we've even been for four hours total?
► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:25 am

Travel Archive seems like it would work best when you backtrack to previous places often, or spend a lot of time in one area. I think the idea is that you spend the 4 hours "studying" your Records, so you know the area really well? But yeah, definitely one of the weakest Archives if you're always on the move to new places.
► Show Spoiler