Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:41 am

Ah... Okay, yeah, I see what you're saying. Technically you'd still lose a turn no matter what, but it could be a disadvantage when one has a stronger pokemon out that would be knocked out and replaced by a weaker one.

And "The medic" has been in there since the second one, so not all the way, but close. :P

Also, I would like to briefly mention I fucked up not naming all of the intermissions after tarot cards since the starts and I solely regret it. :roll:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:56 pm

Lol, I've been voting medic for a while now, just other characters seem to be more eye catching.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:30 pm

Vader has just pointed out THE VOID to me. I am working on navigating THE VOID now. So yeah, props to Vader for finding that. But I can at least say that after being directed there I've been working it out myself?

Seriously, though, what was that link? Was that on one full stop? I can't even find it myself now that I know it exists somewhere.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:34 pm

Um...I'm here to warn you that the site potentially has phishing. I did not trust it one bit. So even thou I would like to play with the void, I don't think it is a good idea to do so.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:38 pm

Phishing can only be done if you actually enter any kind of information. Whatever you two might be talking about, it should require none of that.

I'm guessing that whatever you've got warning you has seen that the domain has many subdomains registered to it, and a different subdomain has been used before for phishing. The actual domain itself should be trustworthy.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:44 pm

Sorry Mort, I know you made it and all but I still can't trust it.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:52 pm

I'll be a bit more blunt, then. If you don't want to trust it that's fine, it's a personal choice. But whatever program you're using to tell you that it's phishing is giving a false positive. 100% convinced of it.

Just so you know what phishing actually means: It means impersonating a different site trying to trick people into entering credentials thinking they're on another site. Things along those lines. I wouldn't make something malicious, and the domain owners are a legitimate business. Whatever you're using probably doesn't recognize the domain to be a distributor, and has marked the whole domain for one occurence. Or in "no tech language" lingo: Your warning system has blacklisted the whole apartment for selling drugs while in fact there's just one room that's done that before.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:02 pm

Yyyeah, Mort's got the point. For one, I received no warnings, even though my browser normally locks out anything questionable. For another, I've gone through the entire thing without entering any sort of information at all, so there's definitely no phishing. It's straight up not possible.

Also, that was interesting. I'm not sure what to take out of it really, other than... Well, the afterlife is probably a pretty awful place now that all of the unown gods were killed by the overseer.

I guess I should probably share what was actually in THE VOID for people like me who couldn't actually find it?
Here we go:
► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:33 pm

Hey guys, my sincere apologies to Burns, Dlover and M0rt for my absence this month. Had a bunch of family health concerns and also this is the busiest month of the year for my work given we do retail software and this is the busiest month for retail, so everyone wants their features and fixes NOW. In short, a month from hell.

I've been so flat out I havent even been able to read whats been going on! To help me catch up, can anyone give me a brief TL;DR of what happened with Hopper and Tex, and what we're up to now? So I can contribute this weekend, and will go back and read the rest now I'm on leave.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:33 am

TL;DR:
  • After beating up Tex and Hopper, we got a Dubious Disc and used it on Hopper when he woke up to evolve him into a Proygon-Z.
  • Evolving gave Hopper emotions (Or more like forcing them to be active).
  • Hopper flipped out when he began to understand just how horrible the things he's done are, and convinced Tex that they needed to fix their ways, after he woke up.
  • While Alex is still new to his aura powers, he's fairly confident Hopper wasn't being deceptive about that.
  • Since Hopper is literally Tex's only friend, Tex agreed to play nice.
  • They've been hiding / fixing the hole they made and fixing the Plasma Ship for us.
  • Once the ship is fixed, Spark can keep it hidden away for us.
  • If we can power the ship's shield (Requires an opened Core), it will have the same effect on the Overseer as the corecube.
  • Tex has a sad backstory. He's still a jerk though.
  • Haley tried to make conversation with Numa by suggesting cartoon characters as disguises.
  • Numa didn't like the idea. One of the zorobros did.
  • Haley spent a lot of time staring at zorobro's butt while he was disguised as various cartoon characters.
  • While Numa was annoyed, Zorobro found this hilarious.
  • Haley found the goat Numa had caught and befriended it.
  • There was other Haley stuff, but i didn't pay much attention.
  • Alex spoke with Numa about his aura changing, and found that there was a weird glitchy orb attached to his aura, which didn't behave like an aura normally does.
  • Alex investigated the glitchyorb after everything else was dealt with, and found it to be some sort of creature, with such a weak lifeforce that it would likely fade away soon.
  • Being kind hearted and also rather foolhardy, Alex fed it some of his own lifeforce, to which it latched on and kept eating.
  • Aura thing woke up and turns out to be Marshadow (unconfirmed), who was trying to tell Alex something before the intermission started.
  • Bjorn has been MIA since Hopper woke up. Or at least not mentioned.
  • Luna also hasn't been mentioned, except when saying she wants to stay here the night and try to heal Zoromom in the morning.
  • I assume Bjorn has been attempting to awkwardly flirt with her in the meantime.
My game:

My characters:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:44 pm

Now I'm curious did Jenny have the same nightmare, and if so was the one that found him would have been willing to carry it out. She might be just, but she was also decieved...

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:10 pm

Mmn, it's certainly hard to tell. It sounds like he could still move his eyes, but there's no knowing whether she could actually see that. I'd probably guess she was an accomplice, since there's no reason for her to be there otherwise.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:31 pm

Oh, she knew. Whether she was an accomplice, or just happened to stumble in and realized what was happening... She knew.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:51 pm

Thought so. He still seemed a bit too aware to successfully pass off as dead. Regardless of which happened, though, the act of allowing it makes her an accomplice.
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:55 pm

Rampant speculation time

You know the demon that Prometheus 'killed', the one that claims to be the Spark (whether it's another iteration of the Spark we know, or its simply impersonating the Spark, I'm not sure)? I'm thinking it's actually the narrator for these intermissions, the voice that speaks in all caps.

Also, you know Prometheus' black sword? Isn't the fact that it's black kinda weird? It's supposed to be a piece of Babylon's 'sun' (which might be Giratina's soul or life-force or whatever?), so why would it be black? Especially considering that Hermes' sun blade was described as 'glowing'. It's probably not a coincidence that Prometheus' is black, and in the most recent update it's described as a 'darkened blade'.

I'm thinking that this mystery entity, whether it's a Missingno. or something else, is currently residing in Prometheus' sword. I present the following evidence to support this claim.

First is when Prometheus stabbed the sword into Regifae:
M0rtimer wrote:The golem is seen staggering backwards- Hands painfully trying to reach the blade and pull it out, his first attempt failing as bolts of energy arc out and make it lash back- Cracks beginning to form all over it's body originating from the blade's impact. Color seemed to slowly be drained from the creature as crystal turned to dead rock- The creature finally managing to grasp the blade, now brimming with pulses of energy as it attempts to pull it out. But it were almost as if the blade itself wanted to remain stuck- Using up all the golems energy as it slowly pulled out the blade... Finally succeeding, as it drops the blade to the ground.
The sword seems to be draining the life out of Regifae in this scene, and almost seems sentient as it resists Regifae's attempts to remove it.

The next bits of evidence are in the most recent update:
M0rtimer wrote:"...It is how I ended up here, in truth. My lord commanded me- To seek out a demon unlike any others I had ever faced before. One powerful and... Alien. I slayed it- But in it's death throes, it brought me here..."

There was a small pause... Before the girl asked:

"The demon... What did you do to it?"

The two had fallen silent for a while, as eventually Prometheus was first to speak up.
For one, Prometheus seems convinced that he killed the entity. He's a Babylonian fresh out of his dimension in this update, so he's not lying here. Whether he still thinks the creature is dead is up in the air.

What's curious, though, is the absence of an explanation as to what happened to the 'demon'. You notice the large gap there? That's not a stylistic choice of the narrative skipping the explanation. It's a sign that the explanation used to be there, but it was erased by the entity, leaving only THE VOID behind for us to peek into.

These two bits of evidence lead me to believe that some sort-of entity, one intrinsically linked to THE VOID, is erasing information regarding the fate and whereabouts of the 'demon' that Prometheus fought. At the same time, Prometheus' sun blade, now described as being "black as the crimson night", seems possessed of some degree of intelligence while also being capable of draining the life from its victims. Draining, as in, THE VOID.
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:08 pm

Don't worry Vader, I have quoted it and put it in a notepad so if it does get deleted from here it will never be truly deleted. So prometheus is probably possessed then? Still, I am not certain of that.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:25 pm

Hum, I'd thought the blade was just... Out of battery or something. Powered by their sun, and out of power now, needing to be recharged, but that's a good thought.
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:54 pm

The sword was described as "Black as the crimson night" before, so I doubt it's just out of sun-juice. :lol:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:04 pm

Clearly this is all being way overthought, and the sword just needs a new set of 2 AA batteries. :roll:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:49 pm

Since I have the all mighty goat, can we playz gogoat simulator?

Also here are a list of names my tired brain has came up with. Some dealing with the fact it has threaded. Tarzan, Dodge, George (of the jungle), Rammy, Billy, Greenhorn...

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:50 pm

So some of you might have noticed I'm not posting in this game so much and think it's about time to say something definite about it. I'm going on an indefinite hiatus from the game as it is now. Drake could either go full support character for the time being and help with small bits of knowledge as he has done so far or he could go back to the facility and help Numa with her mother and study the celesteela for the time being. Alternatively run up into the mountains crying from his loss, get a fungal infection and go crazy and return with crazy mushroom powers :p

Just to clarify, I've enjoyed the game thus far, both the gm and the players have been nice to play with, so I hope I'll be able to get back into the game at a later point :)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:28 pm

Well dang. It was fun playing with you, and I hope you can find time to play again soon!

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:47 pm

I vote option 3. Can never have too many crazy mushroom people :lol:

(Seriously though, what Vader said^)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:20 pm

It was great playing with you, hope you can come back when life is less hectic for you.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:16 pm

Oh no! I know Phoenix, and I, will miss playing with you. I hope you are able to return soon.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett