Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:46 am

You could use the pillars to block doorways. Which....doesn't make a whole lot of sense, since an occupied space usually only counts as Rough terrain. In theory you could move through a Celesteela with its pillars, but not the pillars alone. But if we just treat it as a mechanics thing, then I guess it works?

Also, I'd make it a swift action to recall them. Otherwise I feel it's a bit too restrictive - if you've got both out, you're basically stuck for two turns while you recall them.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri May 19, 2017 7:44 am

It would probably be just a "mechanics" thing, yeah. But it's easy enough to say that if the celesteela is knocked out, it becomes passable again- So your possibility of "block the door" would work.. For a little while.

And yeah, probably. I'll make recalling a swift action...

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat May 20, 2017 9:24 am

So Irene just volunteered as a sacrifice. Not sure why I even bothered with a stealth roll of patheticness lol

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat May 20, 2017 10:38 am

So yeah, Izzy's basically suggesting you people with crap Stealth stay a few dozen meters behind the rest, so you don't completely blow this for us. Up to you guys whether you actually follow her advice though :roll:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat May 20, 2017 10:51 am

It's OK, Koa has Stealth! :lol:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat May 20, 2017 12:12 pm

I'm fine following behind lol. Though klefki will stay up with you as part of his way of taunting Irene of how stealthy he is vs her.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat May 20, 2017 12:40 pm

SuperVaderMan wrote:It's OK, Koa has Stealth! :lol:
No no he does not :lol: stealth does not mean dead silent and he is obviously highly visible in spite of making litte noise :p

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue May 23, 2017 12:51 am

Does Irene even know about the guy if neither Izzy nor Drake is divulging the information yet?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue May 23, 2017 12:56 am

Technically, no. Only Drake and Izzy had the perception to spot him, and if they are not in any way alerting the others...

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue May 23, 2017 1:20 am

Edited my action :roll:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue May 23, 2017 9:12 am

Heads up, I'll be flying out tomorrow to attend a friend's wedding, and I'll be gone from the 24th until late on the 27th. Idk how much internet access I'll have during that time.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue May 23, 2017 1:08 pm

sorry everyone didn't mean to force the situation.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue May 23, 2017 2:49 pm

Except we did check if it was dead/alive to best of our abilities. Haley has pathetic med, she thinks it's dead. Alex is barely any better and didn't seem to gather info if it was actually dead. I douby bjorn wants to check on it and Luna csnt.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue May 23, 2017 5:18 pm

Well, kind of a shame to leave so soon, though I can't think of an IC reason not to. If that was the darkrai-gifted Zoroark it would've been Alex's best chance to get a patron legendary. >.>
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue May 23, 2017 5:26 pm

It's doubtful she'd have been able to help Alex with that anyway. She doesn't know where Darkrai went, and he left over a year ago after blessing her when she was still an egg.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue May 23, 2017 5:34 pm

Dang. Well, I'll find the misfortune god to bless the misfortune magnet eventually.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed May 24, 2017 1:04 am

Are you sure that wouldn't mean Alex needs to find Manaphy and get cursed by it? :P :roll:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 24, 2017 1:39 am

Nah, in BatD Darkrai's practically the god of misfortune. Kinda. He gives prophetic dreams of catastrophes to come.

... Actually, I guess Manaphy does have the Luck domain. But its gifts are trash tier, and you've indicated it'd be near impossible to get blessings from more than one legendary. I guess being cursed would be more like Branded than... Anything else that gives Touched. Still, I want no involvement with Manaphy. The Fair Lady is the only one I shall worship for luck!
Also I want to avoid being Branded. 'cause the brands are all awful things. Except maybe Mark of the damned, because you just know Alex would end up with something dumb like having his irises shaped like flowers. :roll:
... Actually, Stigmata's not bad. Especially with Aura Storm from Aura Guardian. It's like a permanent +9 damage. Which still sucks, of course, but it's not bad... I think he's built up enough of a reputation with the pokecentre, though, he doesn't need to add "He just won't heal" to the list.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed May 24, 2017 2:14 am

I was under the impression that Branded does not "really" require any of the "brands" listed specifically... It's basically a method for a player to get a blessing from a "less friendly" god- As rather than "blessed", they end up "cursed", but the end result stays the same: They gain their patron powers in return for tasks delivered, except in one instance it's "I'll do this because you're my patron and I've pledged loyalty" and the other one it's "I'll do this because you'll make my eyes glow red (or stop making them glow red) if I don't."... With the brand just a little added "bonus".

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 24, 2017 2:24 am

So... What you're saying is that the suit magic the Spark provided is part of a Branded deal?
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed May 24, 2017 2:31 am

I mean, did you guys take the suit on 'involuntarily'? Will it merge with your skin if you don't fulfill it's objectives? :roll:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 24, 2017 2:36 am

Now i have to ask if what the overseer did was a brand or just plaij inappropriate touching of the soul.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed May 24, 2017 2:46 am

Both Drake and Koa could potentially have become branded back there. But it didn't seem like either were interested, and I don't intend to actually brand someone unless they're actually fine with it OOC (IC being an entirely different matter)- So no, Drake being touched like that was just a case of "I need an adult."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 24, 2017 2:51 am

M0rtimer wrote:I mean, did you guys take the suit on 'involuntarily'? Will it merge with your skin if you don't fulfill it's objectives? :roll:
A brand is a result of a "deal with a devil", not necessarily something involuntary. Even your description isn't necessarily involuntary (Person wanting the legendary to make their eyes glow red in exchange)
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 24, 2017 3:26 am

M0rtimer wrote:Both Drake and Koa could potentially have become branded back there. But it didn't seem like either were interested, and I don't intend to actually brand someone unless they're actually fine with it OOC (IC being an entirely different matter)- So no, Drake being touched like that was just a case of "I need an adult."
Are you sure because it really seemed that way. :p