Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Dlover » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:28 am

So next level Alex will start being able to see auras. I want to confirm something in advance: Will auras show as anything more than just coloured glows? And if so, people, may want to consider what their auras will look like.

It's probably irrelevant, but if auras have an appearance, Alex's will be Lord Justice. Basically Lady Justice but with a cane instead of a sword and a suit instead of a dress. It's practically the perfect representation of him, blindfold and all. :p
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:39 am

Yes, auras can be far more complex than just a set of differently colored "glows".

With that said, if Alex's aura is literally a guy in a suit hovering over him/ walking next to him that might be a bit much. :P If you're talking that he is "wearing" that kind of costume as an aura, it'd be... Acceptable.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:45 am

No, I was thinking of the 'wearing', so Alex is Lord Justice. Could just be a blindfold and scales if you think that's too much. I mostly mentioned the suit because when I was speaking with Burns about Auras and posed the "male Lady Justice" idea they decided he'd have an aura dress. >.>
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:47 am

Haley's is dryad/tree person like. To show that there is power of tree druid hidden in her. Alex has the most girly of dresses in his aura :D

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:05 am

Wings. Obviously :roll:

Seriously though, Izzy's aura is just this pair of ghostly blue feathered wings sticking out of her back. When she's grounded they're pretty small and compact, but in the air they spread out and "flap" as she flies.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:14 am

Dlover wrote:No, I was thinking of the 'wearing', so Alex is Lord Justice. Could just be a blindfold and scales if you think that's too much. I mostly mentioned the suit because when I was speaking with Burns about Auras and posed the "male Lady Justice" idea they decided he'd have an aura dress. >.>
Arch Lich Burns wrote:Haley's is dryad/tree person like. To show that there is power of tree druid hidden in her. Alex has the most girly of dresses in his aura :D
Dusk9 wrote:Seriously though, Izzy's aura is just this pair of ghostly blue feathered wings sticking out of her back. When she's grounded they're pretty small and compact, but in the air they spread out and "flap" as she flies.
Koa's aura:
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:22 am

Koa's aura needs to be a rock that just rolls after him :lol:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:33 am

Like this?
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:58 am

I was thinking more like this...
► Show Spoiler
But sure, that works too :lol:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:03 am

I already made an (terrible) image of Haley's aura.

What I think Koa's aura should be is a small moutian tied to a chain that he pulls along. And when he does rock moves he throws the mountian around. :3

A rock that has a face that looks like a rock also works.

Haley still needs to revive the tree of life. It needs to live once more.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:39 pm

Irene's aura is actually a color she's giving off. It is primarily violet, with strands of blue and silver running through it. The aura would pulse with her heart beat. One thing of note is it should be comforting to look at.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:28 pm

Enjoy the pretty shitty update. The original was a lot more detailed, but sadly the knowledge of "I'm writing exactly what I was writing yesterday" does a lot of work towards taking the wind out of your sails... :sulk:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:40 pm

What's the Perception check for? Is it for whoever's keeping watch?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:41 pm

I want a perception roll from everyone, but if you're setting up a watch, let me know who and the order too.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:11 pm

Any preference for you guys? I hope you understand if I have Koa sleep the whole night :P . I can have Analo stay up to help out with whoever needs it, he's nocturnal anyway.

Regarding Koa, there's a new rule in 1.05 that we haven't had the chance to use, regarding healing injuries.
page 252 wrote:If a Pok├®mon or Trainer has an Injury, they can naturally
heal from a single Injury if they go 24 hours without
gaining any new injuries. Trainers can also remove
Injuries as an Extended Action by Draining 2 AP.
This
is subject to the limitations on healing Injuries each day.
So you can basically self-heal injuries by Draining 2 AP per injury. Typically what players will do, though, is wait until they're about to take an Extended Rest before doing this, so the drained AP comes right back.

I wasn't sure if we wanted to use this rule or not, since it'd make healing a lot more trivial when we can self-heal injuries at just about any time almost for free.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:14 pm

Ummm...I remember pluto missino/unown was there anything food related?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:35 pm

Yeah, wings for Izzy was pretty much all I could think of for anyone other than Alex. It's kind of the obvious pick. :p
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:39 am

SuperVaderMan wrote:Any preference for you guys? I hope you understand if I have Koa sleep the whole night :P . I can have Analo stay up to help out with whoever needs it, he's nocturnal anyway.

Regarding Koa, there's a new rule in 1.05 that we haven't had the chance to use, regarding healing injuries.
page 252 wrote:If a Pok├®mon or Trainer has an Injury, they can naturally
heal from a single Injury if they go 24 hours without
gaining any new injuries. Trainers can also remove
Injuries as an Extended Action by Draining 2 AP.
This
is subject to the limitations on healing Injuries each day.
So you can basically self-heal injuries by Draining 2 AP per injury. Typically what players will do, though, is wait until they're about to take an Extended Rest before doing this, so the drained AP comes right back.

I wasn't sure if we wanted to use this rule or not, since it'd make healing a lot more trivial when we can self-heal injuries at just about any time almost for free.
Yeah, I'm not sure I really like that new rule. It basically turns the whole injury business to "I'll just heal 3 injuries at the end of the day for basically no cost" (Barring the odd exception I decide you're gonna be raided during the night), largely mitigating the penalty it's supposed to give, as well as invalidate the purpose of things such as bandages and a couple select features... I might be willing to take it in an adjusted fashion, though- Two idea I got, of which we could implement one or both...

-Prior to taking an extended rest, you can activate it ONCE...
-After having finishes an extended rest, activate it freely- Meaning you'd be able to heal injuries a lot, albeit being stuck with lowered AP for that day.

Thoughts..?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:52 am

Given how long 'days' take in this game, given the PbP format, I wouldn't bother with that second option.

I'd limit it to just once Daily, period. You can take an Extended Action at any time to drain 2 AP to heal an injury, but you can only do it once. Otherwise I wouldn't include the rule at all.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:32 am

Once a day sounds fair to me. So you can choose to either heal it in the morning and lose 2AP at the start of the day, or wait until bedtime to recover the AP immediately. And it's pretty easy to fluff it as spending extra time caring for your wounds/redressing bandages or whatever.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:35 am

Any final ruling on the Injury thing, Mort? So I know how many Injuries Koa currently has.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:02 am

Right. Consensus seems to be that we'll allow it any time, but the 2 AP bind rule can only be done once/day. So you could have done it last night and, potentially, another one this morning to remove another one early.

Besides that, though, natural healing still applies. One injury heals over a period of 24 hours, or 8 if you use a bandage. (Although I'm pretty sure the effect is cancelled if you get hurt again in that time, so I don't think the ones you got back at the secret base still worked..?) From a certain point of injury, pokecenters will usually also be able to help out.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:26 am

Yeah Koa blew up a bomb in his own face before the bandage could take full effect :lol: . Though Jeremy split up a Poultice into Restorative Patches and used one on him right after, so Koa would heal an Injury from that.

Combine that with self-healing 1 Injury before bed and Koa would have healed 2 Injuries yesterday?

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:57 pm

Can't make a proper post yet, but while I think it's a good idea to befriend the ultra beasts quickly I can't really give it the attention it deserves yet so waiting might be the best idea for me at least
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:55 am

Gah this is so frustrating. Can luna do something? ANYTHING? Even just looking around? Gaaaaahh... I'm starting to panic. I need to have enough time to delay the progress of the update before it destroys us all. :shudder: