Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Theis2 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:41 pm

I was hoping to use hypnosis on the guy if he decides to do something against the tree, hoping that would keep him down long enough for us to throw him through the portal and hopefully Gaia goes along with him. (Guess that's what I have my parasect for if she doesn't and/or he wakes up before the portal gets here.)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:50 pm

It's risky though. If he has any kind of resistance to Status effects, or Gaia wakes him up, or even we just run out of Sleep effects to keep him/them down, then we'll have to fight or run. And his sword seems like a pretty powerful weapon, if it's got a piece of Giratina's power imbedded in it like he says.

Honestly, I just don't really want to fight this guy :roll:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:02 pm

I'd just assumed that, with the remark about Gaia doing math in her head, she'd already approximated one of their seasons would be 50 days our time. That's also a much more reasonable amount of in-game time to reach, given some time skips :roll:

With regards to the problem at hand, there's the issue that Giratina breaking the Red Chain seems to coincide with the barrier between the two worlds weakening to this point. Maybe that's just a coincidence and Giratina is fixing a mistake, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

I don't think breaking the tree will be the end of the world either, since I don't think Mort really expected us to have a way to stop Hermes? But I'm fully expecting it to create more problems down the road. Without touching the idea of how we would restore the tree afterwards, how are we to know if restoring it would even do anything? The seal it may or may not have would already be broken at that point, would bringing it back to life re-apply the seal? The tree being insta-petrified was what made the seal in the first place, what reason is there to think restoring the tree to life would help anything?

In any case, I'm of the mind that we should prevent the tree from being destroyed, if at all possible.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:00 pm

Yeaaa...my idea for reviving the tree is convoluted, using abilities out of thier written purpose, and asking sparky for a huge favor or two.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:04 pm

SuperVaderMan wrote:I'd just assumed that, with the remark about Gaia doing math in her head, she'd already approximated one of their seasons would be 50 days our time. That's also a much more reasonable amount of in-game time to reach, given some time skips :roll:
But then their seasons would only last 5 days. They aren't really seasons at that point?

I'm thinking, if we do see Gaia/Hermes again after they're gone it'll be because someone else opened a portal, not them. Be that the Godslayers, or Overseer, or Giratina himself. So the time-span between their next portal cycle isn't really important, other than the fact that it's too long for Hermes to consider waiting.
SuperVaderMan wrote: With regards to the problem at hand, there's the issue that Giratina breaking the Red Chain seems to coincide with the barrier between the two worlds weakening to this point. Maybe that's just a coincidence and Giratina is fixing a mistake, but I'm not 100% sure about that.
Neither am I. No way we can really tell though, short of just asking him.
SuperVaderMan wrote:I don't think breaking the tree will be the end of the world either, since I don't think Mort really expected us to have a way to stop Hermes? But I'm fully expecting it to create more problems down the road. Without touching the idea of how we would restore the tree afterwards, how are we to know if restoring it would even do anything? The seal it may or may not have would already be broken at that point, would bringing it back to life re-apply the seal? The tree being insta-petrified was what made the seal in the first place, what reason is there to think restoring the tree to life would help anything?

In any case, I'm of the mind that we should prevent the tree from being destroyed, if at all possible.
Fair enough. It's possible the tree seal isn't actually related to the barrier between the worlds, but is helping keep Giratina in his dimension. It might be limiting his power somewhat, which could explain how Palkia and Dialga could beat him up so easily. But if that was true, wouldn't they have it better defended than it is now? They've obviously not shirked on their jailkeeper duties, so you'd think they'd be more protective of such a huge security breach.

But yeah, if Vader wants to try the diplomatic threat idea, feel free. Izzy's just gonna keep doing damage control and trying to keep things civil.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:13 pm

So I made a post. To be honest I'm trying to appeal more to Gaia then Hermes, but there's always the off chance.

Also could I have an approximation on how old fossil pokemon are? With the paleontologist edge it seems wierd to be able to identify fossils, reanimate them, but not know how old they are

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:05 am

Alright, well Hermes is practically immune to words, so we might have to tell them about Prometheus :roll:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:07 am

And tell him he is destroying gods? Yea i am sure that will work out well.

Please dont let the tree get destroyed. It will take a lot more effort to make it living than it's current state. I'm willing to put a lot into making it live again but I'd rather do less.

At least he more or less onfirmed it was the overseer.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:40 am

M0rtimer wrote:"Or will you simply claim that is not your fault? That the demon we fought holds no relation to these demon lord of you..?"

"Because here is one deal that is not going to work... Your claim to control while you can't stop others in this world from yours from messing with ours."
I'm not sure what Hermes is saying here, the grammar seems kinda messed up. Could you clarify, Mort?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:49 am

Basically he's saying that this "demon" from your world already messed with his, and he's gonna be hard-pressed to accept any kind of deal if you can't even stop that. Basically scenario 1 is to him that the demon was a part of this group you're talking about, in which case you've already declared this "war", or scenario 2 is that this group does not have control over that- And what good is a deal if you don't have control over some factors required to honoring it..?

Does that make sense? It's a tad bit complicated to explain...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:12 am

Or 3: demons came from another dimension and he is being a tad presumptuous to assume it came from our world. Also a rogue agent kidnapping is not the same as sending people on purpose to destroy a landmark.

Also since it most likley is the overseer, we do have a way to hamper the demon. Maybe saying something it was not something we were aware of at the time and will do our best to destroy or tame the demon ourselves.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:15 am

Did anything come of Koa's scan of Hermes, btw?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:31 am

Oh right, forgot about that... Spark definitely did something while you were scanning, picking up on what you were doing- Probably didn't think it'd be important to resolve just what he found out right now, though...

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:00 pm

Regarding Hermes, I guess we're back to where we were before. Do we let them destroy the tree, or do we tell them about Prometheus and hope that at least gets Gaia on our side?

Otherwise, if it has to come down to a fight... I guess Koa could Wide Guard for the tree for at least one round? While the rest of us dogpile on Hermes? >:?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:55 pm

Hmm... Could I maybe have an intuition roll for everyone in team "apricorn tree"?

Could I also have something along the lines of a perception roll for Alex?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:04 pm

...I dunno seems like mort really wants to destroy the tree because it is 'supposed' to be destroyed. Which sucks because I am pretty sure bad things will hallen. Sure our group is currently fine despite the potential out comes but I don't think that will last as we are somewhat close to the site.

Edit: maybe ask him what he would think if someone from our world came to destroy thier sun, and say it ties to the tree. Or something similar. Honestly he is just blantantly ignoring what some of you say.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:41 pm

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:08 pm

Yeah, that's normal actually be ignoring what he doesn't want to hear he can avoid cognitive dissonce from happening.

Irene intuition [2d6] = 9

as for an idea, make a curse so vile we spite arceus into coming down here and helping with the tree? Far fetched, but I think going into a fight would honestly end with making things worse. They have a portal scheduled to open, so if things have gone wrong we do have the possibility of more things coming through.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:25 pm

Of course we can't be sure of what level of 'omnipotence' Arceus has, if he has any at all.

I'm also starting to wonder why this place is abandoned. The fact that the tree's been untouched all these thousands(?) of years seems to indicate that something has been guarding it, like with Regifae, at least until recently. I mean, someone would've stumbled upon this place in their travels at some point or another. My thought was that, if there was a guardian of some kind, then it was removed: the 'Spark', Colress, Prometheus, or maybe something else. There's no obvious signs of a battle, though, so it's hard to tell if that's the case, either.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:48 am

I vote we just let them destroy it, if it comes down to that or a fight.

I can see the wisdom in telling them about Prometheus. At the very least it would probably convince Gaia, since she'd want to leave the gateway open so Prometheus could get back. The problem is, we've already lied by omission, by simply not mentioning that we've met him before. Not to mention the whole Godslayers thing. Hermes is too shrewd and suspicious to let something like that get past him, so we're just more likely to make him trust us even less than he does already. Plus, the only one of us who's actually good at Guile is Irene, and if she rolls badly on whatever lie we come up with....

I might try and convince Gaia one last time by asking how Prometheus would get back, if we found him. Even just the possibility of him being alive might be enough to put her on our side. But if that doesn't work, or she can't convince him....I'm just gonna say we cut our loses and get out without a fight. Don't forget, Koa is so weak right now that one hit would basically KO him. And he's our tank :roll:

Intuition: 11

Don't suppose I could give Koa +1 on his check instead as an Assist? :lol:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:14 am

I still vote to prevent them from destroying the tree though. I guess he got all the gifts from giratina and maybe he have another of the classes too. But we have 10 actions every round against their 2 unless they recieve backup from the portal.

Drake intuition: 3D6 = [2, 5, 2] = 9
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:28 am

I'm more concerned about that sword - he's already said that "activating" it would probably hurt us just by being close. And if it's the same kinda sword as the one Prometheus has, then we already know it's capable of killing a god.

We've already been in one fight with an enemy way above our power level today. Not so sure I want to make it two...

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:24 am

Yeah it really sucks having to deal with this seemingly no-win scenario right after fighting Cthulhu. Koa would mostly have to sit a fight out due to his injuries. We've still got plenty of pokemon, though.

And technically you could have Maku try to use Knock Off on Hermes, or Jack could use Trick. He might have Weapon of Choice, but that only prevents him from losing his weapon due to the Disarm action, not from losing it entirely.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:19 am

Alright, with Koa's intuition roll he's realizing that it seems Gaia is actually agreeing with the trainers... On the main point at least: That she'd want further answers to things discovered before she'd commit to something potentially irreversible. At the same time, she seems to be realizing that there might be nothing that can dissuade Hermes from his "holy duty"...

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:32 am

Alright, so it looks like Gaia will be on our side after all. I guess if my last point hits home, she might even make the first move. In which case we should probably get ready to defend her/initaite plan "sleep-Hermes-and-throw-him-back-through-the-portal-when-it-appears".