Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Dlover » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:30 am

Since Bjorn took care of all that up and down work, and there's the whole idea of not letting Tex know about it, I'd suggest yes.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:15 am

Of course she did, before Hopper even woke up

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:06 am

M0rtimer wrote:(Anyways, I... Think it'd be fine..? If we're saying each poffin would be worth 250 each, he'd effectively just be running at a net loss breaking it down, so sure.)
Are we assuming half store value for the poffins, since the book says they cost about $500 each to buy?

And yeah it seems it'd be a net loss, looking at the input cost.

Code: Select all

1 Belue Berry ($250 value) + $50 Food Scrap (Preserves) -> 2 Poffins ($250 Food Scrap total). 
Looking at it strictly in terms of Food Scrap value, though, it's more like:

Code: Select all

$125 Scrap (Belue) + $50 Scrap (Preserves) -> 2 Poffins ($250 Scrap)
Effectively that'd be a net gain of $75 in Scrap. In total Koa would end up with $350 in Food Scrap value vs. the $275 Scrap he'd have gotten if he had broken the three Berries down to start with.

This is keeping in mind that Koa found the Belue Berry, of course. If he'd had to buy it, then it'd be $300 input -> $250 output.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:43 am

Really not helping your case here buddy.

Anyways, I... Suppose it's okay, really. Like you said, buying everything by raw, it's not like you made a profit... And it's not like you discovered some kind of "infinite cycle" where you could keeps crapping items and turning them into preserves, and make more than you'd get from the start. :roll:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:14 am

Bad vader! Bad! *gets spray bottle* No gaming the system! I know there is ways to get free berries, Haley and Drake both have them. And you can further abuse it by finding them yourself in the wild.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:43 am

I mean, I could just do a Master Survival check for raw Food Scrap and get a lot more that way using way less math :roll:

But yeah, I wouldn't suggest it if there was some kinda infinite Poffin recursion I could take advantage of :lol:. I just wanna know what my options are, since there are so few resources in this maze/dungeon. I like to play fair, I'm not gonna try and trick anyone into giving me an unfair advantage.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:54 pm

Mort, champ should have 22 more hp. Fient attack is dakr thpe and champ is figting type (I think)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:12 pm

Already updated on sheet, forgot on post.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:12 am

Hey Dusk, give me a survival roll if you'd please.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:17 am

Survival: 7

....I mean, it's not as bad as it could have been? :paranoia:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:54 pm

So, I've been considering what could've changed Alex's aura. Since it was only him, it wasn't just leveling up or being close to the Core or Overseer (or their interaction). So that leaves two possibilities that I can think of. The first as that actually seeing the aura(s) from the Overseer and/or Core left the impression on him, and the second is that when he tried to 'talk' to the Core he actually got through to it a little bit. I can't think of anything else that could have affected his aura since first meeting Numa.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:03 pm

Are you trying to come up with an in-game explanation for your class changes? Because if you are, I wouldn't bother :shrug:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:08 pm

Nah, this is actually a thing. The second time we met Numa she said Alex's aura had changed, and now that we're out of the fight we've had a chance to confirm that. It's only Alex's aura that changed; it got a static-y ball added to it, which doesn't behave like a normal aura, sitting where it is when he turns when most auras would turn with the person. Numa attacked it and confirmed that it's not a ghost or anything. So I'm trying to work out where an aura change could come from.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:54 pm

Don't worry too much about it. It's got nothing to do directly with Alex unless you want to consider it as a "semi-reason" why he suddenly gained aura prowess, although like Vader said that's not really necessary. It's more linked to what happened with the slate- Although that's a weird thing to say, given that we all know it was always just a regular slate with some cryptic imagery, and nothing weird happened with it at all.

(I probably shouldn't even be mentioning that, but I'd figured the fact the orb is "glitchy" to be a dead giveaway anyways.)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:14 pm

I feel like most things involved with the Overseer are kind of glitchy, and if it were the Core it could've been a result of the box blocking out most of its effects. The slate didn't even cross my mind, to be honest. Since it's the slate, though, now I have to question why it's attached to Alex's aura instead of everyone's.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:21 pm

Espessially since Haley was the one the reveal it and eveyrbody else was nearby when it glitched out.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:58 pm

Dusk9 wrote:Survival: 7

....I mean, it's not as bad as it could have been? :paranoia:
Forgive Me as I go to a corner and cry over Irene's perception and intuition rolls. Where a 7 is the high end of an average roll. The fact she's made any progress in this maze is a miricle

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:03 am

Because it IS still tied in somewhat to an "excuse" for giving Alex aura vision.

And I'm just going to be silent from that point on, because everything that needed to be said, has already been said IC.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:57 am

Aw, I thought something cool was happening.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:54 pm

Dlover wrote:Aw, I thought something cool was happening.
Well, I never said it was going to be uncool.

Unless we're assuming anything Alex touches is by definition uncool. :roll:

In completely unrelated news, I just finished ultra moon. I'm not sure whether I want to retcon all appearances of our dear grand overseer to actually be ultra necrozma, or if I'm more likely conveniently going to forget it's a thing now and it's just not going to be a thing in our campaign.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:31 pm

I'm still on second island (cause I am not too interested in it so far) and From what I see in the trailers....Well raising up it's son and enslaving it...Sounds like what overslaver would do since it already did that to the other ubs.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:43 pm

Well, by looks UltraNecrozma seems to have fused with an end evolution of cosmog, so since the other group saw a cosmog (That's what that was right?) it's not ready to be UltraNecrozma yet.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:39 pm

Hmm, yeah, but if we're bringing in the "canon" (Obvious spoilers for ultra moon/sun if you'd rather not be spoiled):
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:32 pm

Okay, so, what we can do is- Wait, shoot, people actually went into his world thing, right? I was gonna suggest that he can't bring his true form into our world, but since they've seen what he'd look like in his own world, that doesn't work. >.> Well, anyone who plays Hunter can attest to how bad I am at this backstory stuff anyway.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:37 pm

Hmm...Maybe its something we hear about but not see? Like it was weakend earlier from another box or it's just not powerful enough yet to become Ultra Necrosma and needs to overtake our world/red chain to obtain it once more?