Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:34 am

(Makes note to potentially use later...)

Anyways, considering the travel archive, you'd be right... Assuming that I could find where you're getting the idea it takes an extended rest comes from. It's only an extended action (not rest)- That basically denotes "You can't do it in combat because it'd take multiple turns", and leaves the GM to decide how long the action might take... And I don't know about you guys, but I'd figure "put picture in album" would take a couple minutes, at most. :roll:

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:37 am

Oh yeah....forgot Extended Rest and Extended Action were different things :lol:

EDIT: It even explicitly says Chroniclers putting away records might only take a minute or two (pg221).

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:44 am

Yeah, it's pretty much static. Like the only potentially noteworthy exception I can think off on the top of my head might be a situation where you break into a place, trip an alarm or something similar, and consecutively don't have one to two minutes to properly register the picture into it's album. In pretty much every other instance, I could see that when you arrive at an new location you'd just snap a picture, take a quick one minute break, and continue.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:55 am

... Apparently I'm a damned idiot who can't even read properly. Which bodes extremely poorly for upcoming exams. >.>

As for the gym idea, it could be a matter of "Take one pokemon, or two if you don't participate."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:57 am

Sweet. Haley will get Keen Senses from the travel archives. Also since she has a picture of this place (Where she got the photo with the cut celing) she can have the ability for the labs. If that doesnt count the I also have the picture of the car that is in here. And I think of this ship.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:03 am

How would that work with Izzy? Since I'm planning on her Records being hand-drawn sketches, and that's not really something you can "Archive" in 1-2 minutes. I'm fine with her Archive time taking a bit longer and requiring more of a break (say, 30mins or something like that).
Dlover wrote: As for the gym idea, it could be a matter of "Take one pokemon, or two if you don't participate."
Maybe....but then there's also the issue of "Trainer XYZ has been KO'd!" - perhaps say that Trainer's are safe unless they directly participate, in which case the guardians are free to hit them back?

(Not to mention the legal problems of a Gym electrocuting kids who challenge it :roll: :lol: )

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:15 am

Yeah, sketches would probably take a bit longer... But for the sake of fairness, I'm fine with saying that an "initial draft" takes only a minute or two (giving her the actual bonus), and then we can easily fluff it as her properly finishing the sketches during an extended rest?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:20 am

Huh. So you reinvented the Alolan trials. :p Seriously though, I like it.

Here's basically a rough idea of what Haley's gym would be like. She'd have an island/a large amount of area. It is dedicated to be a sufari zone/a pokemon peliago, where there is a little bit of each havitat. Unlike most gyms, she will allow people to have thier pokemon with them, along with pokeballs and items. Owned pokemon are clearly marked, and have a mcrochip in them to help prevent capture gloves. It is recommended to stay on the ground, as if you are too high in the air all you would see is dense jungle. And burrowing underground is punishible for destroying habitats of pokemon. People would have to find thier way to Haley and along the way there are berries they can use prior to the gym. If people do not wish to fight wild pokemon, they are offered repelant on them but they can still encounter trained pokemon. It's...It's a rough idea but I like having a safari zone gym and it plays with her hording tendencies.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:23 am

I mean, from what I've glanced at of your adventures in the dark gym, there would be law suits galore if that were a problem. I mean, it seems like there was a straight up
► Show Spoiler
in there. Even if people aren't in danger, the trauma wound be immense. Seriously, if I were in a gym which was actually a
► Show Spoiler
And encountered a
► Show Spoiler
I'd never want to go near a gym again. As it is, Alex will probably
► Show Spoiler
Or he may just be so f***ing blind that he doesn't even notice any of the trauma-inducing stuff. Plus, with Aura sight, if the thing isn't actually dangerous (that's not a detail I picked up in the brief glances) then he'd notice that it's only mildly malicious ("Heh, I'm gonna scare the hell out of this kid" would be slightly dark as opposed to "MURDERISE THE MANLING!" being pitch black). But does Aura Sight work in the dark, or does he have to actually see the people? Is he going to be wandering around in the dark and just start seeing glowing silhouettes? That would probably be even more terrifying than just being able to see normally. Are there actually people in the creepy gym segment, or is it all special effects? I've managed to not pick up on the important details like that. But regardless, I'm sure it will be an awful event for Alex.
► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:33 am

~Kinda spoilers for the Dark Gym (but not really)~
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:36 am

► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:09 am

► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:17 am

Okay, but can I actually make a legitimate question of "Does aura vision work if Alex can't actually see the person?" Like if it's dark (or he's just, y'know, as blind as always). Not if there's something actively obscuring vision, like a wall.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:15 am

Yes, he can still see a person's aura, and it will likely make people a lot easier to see since it has a faint "glowing" appearance, but it's still potentially possible to miss it in the darkness, depending on how blind he is... :roll:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:49 pm

Got it. Alex will never spot anything. :p
My game:

My characters:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:54 pm

Hell, I've just seen that Mentor is an Extended Action, not an Extended Rest. I've been thinking it take half an hour all this time when it only takes minutes. Okay, so during this rest period Alex is going to use Mentor to teach Dusk Shadow Punch, replacing - Wait, damn it, Dusk's KO'd. Okay, we'll see if Alex can actually get his pokemon healed. There shouldn't be a problem with Rhem carrying him up there, since Mercury only has Power 6 in comparison to Power 8, and the bird can carry a person fine.
My game:

My characters:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:43 pm

► Show Spoiler
Also I hope your happy Irene is now probably going to be trapped in that maze for a while :D

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:00 am

Grunt receives 226xp, gaining 3 levels to 28, +2 ATK, +1 SDEF and replacing Ice Shard with Take Down!

Pyre receives 265xp, gaining 3 levels to 30, +2 SATK and +1 DEF! (Pyre can now evolve!)

Tank receives 149xp, gaining 2 levels to 27 and +2 SPD!
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:43 am

Dlover wrote:Hell, I've just seen that Mentor is an Extended Action, not an Extended Rest. I've been thinking it take half an hour all this time when it only takes minutes. Okay, so during this rest period Alex is going to use Mentor to teach Dusk Shadow Punch, replacing - Wait, damn it, Dusk's KO'd. Okay, we'll see if Alex can actually get his pokemon healed. There shouldn't be a problem with Rhem carrying him up there, since Mercury only has Power 6 in comparison to Power 8, and the bird can carry a person fine.
I feel like I again need to point out that extended actions are variable and "up to the DM", not just "a couple minutes" every time... And while I do say that putting in an picture should only take a couple minutes, half an hour actually sounds pretty reasonable maybe even generous for many of the things a mentor does.

You guys are also going to have to wait for your pokemon to get out of the healing machines too, though. If you just want them back at full HP, that'll be done in a little bit longer than half an hour... If you want to get the most out of it, though, and also recover three injuries, it'll take a total of two hours.
Natrivv wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Also I hope your happy Irene is now probably going to be trapped in that maze for a while :D
So close, and yet so far... :roll:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:08 am

"Well, might as well get the disk while we wait for pokemon to heal?"

I am extremely tired an had to fix typos in most words, but 'disk' probably had the most important typo to fix.
If it was what I think it was, yes, I'm afraid I'd have to call pokemon protective services if you tried to force that on one. :roll: :lol:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:07 pm

It was what you think, yes.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:55 am

So this is apparently a thing that got leaked a couple days ago (obvious spoilers):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZselruGrb0

Just... One more week before I can actually get to playing it and find up what the hell is up with all that, I guess.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:39 pm

Quick question that totally isn't related to the maze at all :shifty:

Would you allow Koa to break down Berries into Food Scrap? The book specifically says "Trainers can also disassemble any item they are capable of crafting to gain Scrap equal to half the cost they would pay to create the item." You can't craft Berries, so RAW it wouldn't be allowed. I wanted to ask if you'd allow a homerule in this case, though.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:41 pm

Yeah, turning berries into 50% of their original worth is just fine to me- Makes sense, considering "food scrap" would generally consist out of stuff like edible berries, fruits, meats, bread... All that kind of stuff, anyways.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:42 pm

Oh also for Alex/Haley/Bjorn- I forgot to check since I was mostly focusing on Hopper/Tex, but Numa and one of the zoroark are going to wake pretty soon, too.