Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Dlover » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:08 pm

Sucks to see you go, mate. Good luck with your life stuff.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:59 pm

I almost forgot: Haley can teach a pokemon a move, if you want Synch or Dlover. OHH! I just realized I can teach Buttercup dazzling gleam via tm right now! I am going to do that.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:36 pm

So did I not respond fast enough, or did Irene accidently doom herself?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:42 pm

Uuh, so... Slugma gets access to Stone Edge as a TM after it evolves, but not before. Is it possible to use Underdog's Lessons to make a TM move learnable, or do I just have to find a new move.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:05 am

After you use Underdog's Lessons once, all TM and Tutor Moves for the 'mons final evolution automatically become learnable. So just teach it another Move first, then you can do Stone Edge.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:24 am

Oh. I completely misread that. I read it as "The user learns that Move as if it were a TM or Tutor Move," and just ended it there for some reason.
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:02 am

To be fair, only being able to learn TM/Tutor Move A after you've been taught Level-Up Move B isn't very intuitive. What if you want a TM Move but none of the Level-Up Moves? Or there aren't any differences in their Level-Up Movelists?

If I were them I'd have split it into two seperate Edges. Or maybe made the TM/Tutor bit a part of Underdog's Strength and raised the TP cost to 2?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:31 am

Eh. It'll give the level-up move and then that can just be replaced with the TM move.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:04 am

Rhem for empowered development (Power, overland, sky)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:27 am

Natrivv wrote:So did I not respond fast enough, or did Irene accidently doom herself?
Oops. Accidentally skipped your update since it was on the next page... I'll try to fix that today still.

Also... Has another year really passed yet again? Time flies too quickly... Did you guys even get the chance to use any of your past Christmas bonuses? do you guys NEED another..?

...Hey, intermission voice, maybe you want to give them something?

NO.

GET YOUR FANCY LITTLE SPARK TO GIVE THEM SOMETHING IF YOU THINK IT IS NEEDED.

Well, according to a certain theory now, that might as well be you..?

AND WHAT A RIDICULOUS THEORY IT IS.

IF WHAT HE PROPOSED IS CORRECT.

WHY WOULD I EVER WANT TO HELP THEM BY SHOWING THEM MY ARCHIVES?

Fair enough.

IT IS NOT LIKE I WAS ALWAYS EVEN THERE YOU KNOW.

YOU ADDED ME AFTERWARDS.

BECAUSE YOU ARE OBSESSED WITH THINGS BEING.

"META".

...Is this conversation still canon?

PROBABLY NOT.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:27 pm

Some have, some have not. I kinda did but then I changed characters so it got remewed and I had not had the chance to find something haley really needs to do. Also that milestone last year was great. We used that one a lot. :nod:

Hi intermission voice who may or may not be sparky!

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:08 pm

I don't know if I would say we "need" one or not. But I know that I've used mine, and several other people have used theirs. So, another one, or another kind of gift, would be nice. (Hey, you could do what Don did, and give us a Christmas Pokemon).

Though, I'll be honest. This is mostly just me wanting more cool stuff, and cool teammates.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:19 pm

I don't know if I've used my crit gift or not actually. I think it was contemplated and potentially used and then refunded because the thing it was used on wasn't possible anyway or something. But, I mean, having more things that I'm not using doesn't hurt. I can store them up and use them all at once to capture the world. :P

Alternatively, just a bit of misc exp, so you don't have to think hard about it. Not a huge amount. Maybe, say, five. Totally not because that's just enough for me to level. It's just a nice middle number. o:)
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:46 pm

I'm thinking maybe I'll give a small misc exp reward as a Christmas gift. Like, 4 misc exp.

:roll:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:05 pm

For the sake of Burns teaching a pokemon thunder punch, I'm gonna swap my move tutor from Dusk's fire punch to Roy's thunder punch.

Also, 4exp works too. I'll get a new pokemon one day.
Last edited by Dlover on Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:10 pm

Haley will tutor cushion thunderpunch then.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:06 am

I've still got my free Probability Control from last year's Christmas to use. Not even really sure what I'm saving it for anymore :lol:

Anyway, exp sounds good to me. Totally not saying that because I'm close to levelling up as well :paranoia:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:53 am

► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:48 pm

If you're still thinking of gift ideas, maybe it could be a free Edge of our choice? Maybe a free Feat, though that might be a bit much/functionally identical to a free Milestone.

Alternatively you could grant a custom Edge/Feature of your own design? Either the same one for everybody, or a unique one for each character.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:53 pm

Ooooh I like the idea of a unique edge/feat for each character to help define them.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:41 pm

A unique edge/feature for each character sounds amazing if it isn't too much work. Plus it would be fun to see what our characters have done to stand out in a different persons eyes. :cheer:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:30 pm

Unique characteristics sound cool, but it'd be a lot of effort to come up with something special and balanced for each character, and it couldn't really be applied if anyone changes characters, since the new character wouldn't have much personality established. For example, "Can fly" is something I don't think a trainer can actually get (The flying elementalist only gets levitation, right?), but is way overpowered. Meanwhile, "Essentially a Skill Stunt" is pretty boring. So while it would make our characters more special, it's hard to do.

Unless we were to propose ideas and Mort selected one. Unfortunately I can't support that because I'm a boring person with no imagination. :p
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:28 am

Here is my thoughts for some characters:

Alex: 2 non fighting pulse move (water pulse, dark pulse, dragon pulse, heal pulse) or Mega Launcher (not sure which)
Haley: can talk to grass pokemon (and maybe plants?)
Bjorn: While mounted, can intercept as a move action but only for the mount? Or gets winter's kiss (I think that's the ability that heals when he does an ice move/hit by ice right?)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:38 am

@Dlover: I can fly properly, but it costs me 1AP per round.

Custom Edges would be cool, but it would take some work to balance them. It would definitely have to be Edges too - Move/Ability granting Feats would be way too powerful to just give away for free, even at Christmas (sorry Burns).

A free Skill Stunt honestly seems like the best idea to me. Sure, it might be boring, but it's also 1) already balanced, so less work for Mort, 2) can be easily customised however each player wants, and 3) gives characters a little bit more variety without going overboard.

(Of course, I can't help but feel like we're getting ahead of ourselves here. If we keep asking for stuff then Mort might decide to go full "bah humbug" and not give us anything at all :lol: )

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:43 am

Abilities might be a bit much, but a single move might be okay? Those were just some thoughts I was throwing around. The first one for bjorn isn't too op, but winter's kiss probably is.

Another idea for Alex (mostly as a joke): Immune to fall damage.