Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:50 pm

I guess... reluctantly. I'd rather not. Haley doesn't even know why they are bad news, or why they are attacking without profvoktion, but she'll do it because you two are techicially da law.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:38 am

Heads up, Burns, Dlover, Synch: I updated the initiative list for you guys. Also, hitting the Euler(s) in the helicopter will prove hard unless you actively want to enter the helicopter- Anyone outside is fair game, though.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:47 pm

Bjorn/sneak should have two attacks since they had a surprise attack, right? That's what hopper did last battle...even though he was right in front of us and we saw him.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:38 pm

Sneak can get a stealth attack, yes. As for Bjorn, that depends on whether his stealth is matched by any of the opponents perception. If so, they both get a bonus attack.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:41 pm

Okay, then if it's based off stealth then how did hopper get a sneak attack?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:45 pm

┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:58 pm

When did hopper get a sneak attack?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:12 pm

Hopper attacked us first without inititive, effectivly a sneak attack since he acted twice in a turn.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:18 pm

Except he didn't

His "sneak attack" literally just consisted out of him starting the battle by me expressly saying he'd only do it once things came back to his turn.

You keep making up these situations to make things sound bad, when they're either not nearly as bad as you make them sound, or just simply non-existant.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:25 pm

Ah. I thought he did it right then. My bad.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:21 pm

Didn't go through with any actions just yet for Alex/Haley/Bjorn, giving a last chance to potentially adjust/clarify actions now some more information has been given...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:31 pm

1: how big is the chopper? 2: How much space is there in the engine compartment? (I'll roll tech edu if you want me to)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:05 am

1: Like this:

So, big enough to walk around in comfortably (barely), but not super big.

2: That kind of depends what you mean exactly. Like the engine compartment would probably be pretty big, but it'd also wouldn't be empty space?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:49 pm

Swift is a friendly attack. It doesn't hurt allies even if it's in the effect.
Yes. That's... What I said.

Also:
Regal challenge -
"Keywords - 2-16 Playtest
Target - Pok├®mon or Trainer within 5 Meters
Ask the target if they will show deference or defiance. If they choose Deference, the target loses their next Shift action and loses 3 CS in the Stat of the userÔÇÖs choice. If they choose Defiance, the user gains a +10 Bonus to all Damage Rolls for the rest of the Scene."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:53 pm

Haha...I'd rather choose deference. Because I am not buffing her up.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:56 pm

Yeah, it DOES sound like in most instances, one would prefer deference over defiance, wouldn't they?

... I just realized, could you use that ability on an allied pokemon and then have them be defiant for a "free" +10 damage? :roll:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:02 pm

So I should probably ask in here

Do auto-hit moves have a chance to crit in PTU? I can't remember, I know in the games they do.

and if not is there any way to save the 20 I just rolled for my next attack?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:09 pm

Yeah, autohit attacks can crit.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:23 pm

Thank you edited my post accordingly

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:54 pm

So, if a character intercepts an attack, when they're hit can they then use that hit to trigger a defensive move like Protect?

Also, AUGH, I'm an idiot. Why did I use the pure tank to attack when I have Ice Punch available on the semi-tank? >.<
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:03 am

(Luna put that Lucario to sleep and then immediately attacked it. Tactical genius. >.> )
In retrospect, I think I actually forgot to properly mark that, and then forgot... :shifty:
So, if a character intercepts an attack, when they're hit can they then use that hit to trigger a defensive move like Protect?
I'm... Not sure actually. I think by RAW, no, unless the protect in question is a free action? After all, the action to perform an intercept is a full action by itself, so you'd effectively need to have two actions to both intercept + nullify the damage. So that's what I'd lean towards myself, but what do the rest of you think?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:08 am

Dang, Alex would've been a half-decent blocker, having both Protect and Detect. Didn't we decide that interrupts consume your next turn's action, though?
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:16 am

Yeah, but then we're still stuck with the whole TWO actions to be used things. You'd need a full action to intercept, using your next turn's action for that, but you'd still need another action to activate the defensive move.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:26 am

Yeah, don't think doubling up on Interrupts like that is possible. That said, the Defender Feat would fix that problem - it lets you Intercept as a Shift Action Interrupt, leaving your Standard available for Protect/Detect.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:39 am

And if you're storing your action that turn for an intercept rather than using it? That way you'd have two actions available?
Dusk9 wrote:Yeah, don't think doubling up on Interrupts like that is possible. That said, the Defender Feat would fix that problem - it lets you Intercept as a Shift Action Interrupt, leaving your Standard available for Protect/Detect.
That would fix the problem. Though I kind of doubt I want to put two edges into athletics for it.

On an unrelated note (Something I won't be using with Alex or his pokemon), is it possible to delay a character's turn when their initiative comes up? For example, if you have the Steelheart class, using a Weapon Attack on an enemy who has hit you this round causes the target to lose a tick of HP. If the Steelheart were faster than the enemy, could they delay their turn in order to take advantage of that? I thought it was, but don't see it in the handbook.
My game:

My characters: