Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Dlover » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:01 am

:O A struggle smashed up all the computers? Dayum. I'VE DECIDED WHAT TO SLAP AFTER HOOPA. >:-P >:-P
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:06 am

Hey Mort? I'm strongly considering going the Underdog route with Bugsy (because having a spider who can fit inside her clothes/under her hat is way more useful (and less creepy) than one half the size of a person). If I did decide on that, would you be okay with me retroactively giving him the Underdog's Strength PokeEdge for the Gym battle?

Also, something I just wondered - if Bugsy (or anything really) Threaded his way up to something flying 6m above the ground and attacked it, what would happen next? Would he just fall back to the ground and take falling damage? Could he latch on to his target with Wallclimber and hold on? Would you need to roll Athletics or Combat to do that, and would it technically count as a Grapple then?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:20 am

Yeah, I'm fine with you quickly doing that retroactively if you want to.

As for the other question: I'd probably have to rule it as trying to latch on like that as a "grapple" attempt. It's the best fitting solution for trying to do something like that.

Also, my apologies to Dlover/Burns/Synch yet again- I messed up, yet, again. I meant to write Kyurem, not Reshiram- Which makes a whole load more sense in context.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:41 am

M0rtimer wrote: As for the other question: I'd probably have to rule it as trying to latch on like that as a "grapple" attempt. It's the best fitting solution for trying to do something like that.
Yeah, that was what I thought too. Force the Threader to choose between Grappling or attacking (and falling). Probably easier than trying to homerule some complicated "air-grapple" rules.

Probably not something I'll ever use though, since Bugsy's Athletics/Combat is so low. He'd just get thrown off immediately :lol: (well, unless we homerule Wallclimber to have an impact in those kind of grapples or something).

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:05 am

Kyurem makes more sense for being in an icy area. Have to wonder what legendary was guardian of the 'hive' cube, though. Especially with that 'mosquito' comment. So far as I know, Genesect is the only non-UB bug legendary, and Buzzwole is the only mosquito legendary. But with the Overseer controlling all the ultra beasts, it wouldn't make any sense for one of them to guard a central part of this world.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:13 am

Maybe it's a regihive? I dunno.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:15 am

Dlover wrote:Kyurem makes more sense for being in an icy area. Have to wonder what legendary was guardian of the 'hive' cube, though. Especially with that 'mosquito' comment. So far as I know, Genesect is the only non-UB bug legendary, and Buzzwole is the only mosquito legendary. But with the Overseer controlling all the ultra beasts, it wouldn't make any sense for one of them to guard a central part of this world.
Hmm...Zygarde, maybe? He's kinda bug-like? Would fit the explosion of green light, too.

Or maybe there used to be a Bug-Legendary, but they went extinct with the Genesect? Then Plasma's attempt to resurrect Genesect didn't work because it wasn't the legendary, just a genetic mimicry (same way MewTwo is an imperfect copy of Mew.

Thinking about it, there should probably be a bug temple out there too. That might have more info about any Bug legendaries.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:20 am

Ooh, or what about Celebi?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:25 am

Celibi is a grass legendary and doesn't look like a bug at all, but is mich more tied with nature. Since it can have many copies of itself (past and future) out it makes sense why it would be guarding it, however not sure how they would defeat it or why they didn't try to do anything with it unless celibi buggered out knowing itself was in danger and knowing it would have more dire consequences if they caught it.

Homestly I am more curious about posion legendaries because there are none in the game. Ub: ???/Nihlego Is closest we have right now.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:48 am

...oh, derp. The Hive is the Bug Temple! Same with the ice castle being the Ice Temple. The artefact that the Godslayers stole was a puzzle box. And they used a drill to get into theirs, since they don't have a legendary on hand to open it for them. Or, didn't need one, I suppose...

If I had to guess, Kyurem probably wasn't guarding the temple, since that's the Regi's job. He was probably just hiding out there, or nearby, same as Diancie was. The Bug puzzle box they couldn't open, because there wasn't a Bug legendary around to help. But then they found the Ice one, and managed to get Kyurem to do it for them.

In fact, isn't Luna still with you guys? She should really recognise the puzzle box as the Bug counterpart to the one she was helping to guard.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:55 am

That doesn't say the godslayers used a drill to get into their puzzle box, only to excavate it.
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:01 am

Go further down, to the bit just before the green and brown dialogue. They use some kinda special crystal drill on it. From the sounds of things they aren't in yet though, so I guess we've still got some time?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:06 am

Ah, okay then. So it's a bit more worrying.
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:12 am

From the sounds of things, even unopened, they've been able to use the Fairy magic for stuff like healing wounds. Not sure what Bug magic entails - maybe something related to collective intelligence, because of the hivemind thing? Or transformation/evolution?

But yeah, you guys now have access to possible the most potent source of Bug magic in existence. Try not to fuck things up :roll:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:45 am

Is this the bug one, or the ice one? I guess bug, since the ice one was opened, and whatever was inside was... Used to control Kyurem?
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:33 am

The....computer-person? (don't know their name) says Plasma used the Ice Box as the "power source for their ship's main cannon". I guess they may have locked up Kyurem as part of that, but it implies he wasn't the power source like in the games. He was either working with them, or got tricked into helping and didn't/couldn't stop them afterwards.

Anyway, they also say that Kyurem took the Ice one with him when Plasma fell, while the Bug one fell into the hands of the League (along with Plasma's ship) and was used to make the AI (another reason I think this magic might be linked to intelligence/evolution, since it "evolved" the computer into an AI).

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:56 pm

I... Am really bad at reading and remembering details. >.<
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:23 am

So, I've had another think about type-shifting Fern into Steel/Flying. The Hovertank idea was cool and all, but also a bit....janky? It has a lot of problems, namely with abilities and moves not fitting properly. Not to mention the headache of figuring out what to do with her vines. Plus it always felt a little too similar to Magnezone.

But then, when I was thinking about Underdog Pokemon, I had a couple of epiphanies;
1) Instead of trying to type-shift a Ferrothorn, what if I left Fern as a Ferroseed? And 2) what if she didn't have a Sky/Levitate speed at all?

Mort gave me the idea with his suggestions for a type-shifted Flying Stunfisk - a low Sky speed, but high Jump capabilities to make up for it. What if we went all the way in that direction, though? No Sky/Levitate, but super-high Jump capabilities instead! And I'm talking like Whimsicott level high - Jump 6/6, or maybe even better.

Ability-wise, this + Spike Shot would be a bit cheesy, effectively giving her something like 16m range. So we swap it for a custom Ability that synergises with her new bouncing tactic. Such as, say...a connection Ability for Bounce?
► Show Spoiler
Moves would be simpler too - Power Whip wouldn't be available anymore (and would be effectively replaced by Bounce) so there'd be no need to bring in Beak Blast or anything. And for the rest;
► Show Spoiler
Thematically, this Fern would basically be a spiky cannonball - using the wind to fling herself at enemies and bounce off them with Melee attacks. She'd be much more mobile, but still a lot more limited than something with a proper Sky/Levitate speed. Physically, the only difference would be her spikes becoming metal and solid, as she wouldn't be firing them around anymore - her grass parts retreating inside her tough outer shell for protection.

Thoughts?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:47 am

Fluing stunfisk makes sonce be ause it flies in the anime...I am not sure if it should have super high jumping capabilities of a whimsicott (who gets that mostly from being light), while I don't see a steel ANYTHING being light wnough to jump 3 m let alone 6 m.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:11 am

Ferroseed isn't actually that heavy, surprisingly. Only about 40lbs. And there are loads of Pokemon heavier than it with really high Jump capabilities: Lopunny (70lbs, Jump 5/4), Dodrio (190lbs, Jump 5/7), Kricketune (60lbs, Jump 5/5), Sharpedo (200lbs, Jump 4/4), Gyarados (520lbs, Jump 4/4), Milotic (360lbs, Jump 4/4), etc.

Besides, 6/6 was just a ballpark figure. Mort gets final say, so he could always decide something like 5/5 or 4/6 makes more sense. Though the point is that it replaces Sky/Levitate, so anything too low would just be....kinda disappointing, honestly.

(Also it's less "jumping" and more "throwing herself into her enemies using a sudden blast of air/wind". Hence the cannonball comparison.)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:25 am

I'm just imagining a ferroseed with a giant spring(s) that it uses to rocket itself towards it's enemies...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:16 pm

Lopunny has strong legs, so does dodrio, kritune, gyarados and milotic more or less lunge like a snake, which leaves sharpedo as one I have no idea how it jumps. Maybe it flops around like a magikarp.

Ferroseed however...has no legs or fins of the sort and does not look like it can move it's body around to flop ablut. And that's not including a different point: ferroseed currently doesn't have much movement. I find it...a bit unfair that flying type would get a movement boost, when someone changes typing to something else won't get that. Hell some types you'd loose out on movement or the movement would no longer be a thing it has, or loose out on some abilities it used to have.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:18 pm

On another note, I just finished reading through everything that happened to the rest of you guys since our group left Isosceles. And wow - we've missed a lot!

So, to summarize;
- Phoenix got recruited as an assassin, to poison a Senator (which explains why he's going to Rutherford). And he also sucks at flirting with Senator's granddaughters.
- Alex got shit on by some monkeys.
- Alex, Haley, and Bjorn called Xerneas a jerk (and somehow lived).
- Bjorn got a date with Luna.
- Phoenix broke into a disco-Gym. And is apparently better at flirting with drunk girls (if only because of his disembodied wingman).
- Bjorn got beat up by a bunny.

-------------------------------

Some other things of note, which are totally not way more important;
1) Team Genesect picked up some Z Crystals of their own. So at the moment our total collection is: 1 Flying (Izzy), 1 Psychic, 1 Rock, 1 Steel, 1 Fire, 2 Fighting, 2 Electric, 1 Grass (Haley), and 1 Ice (Bjorn). Names refer to people who've "claimed" one, as far as I can tell.

2) The Pearl working on Genesect with Goser is also probably the same one working for the Godslayers now. She sent some drones through to fight us at the tournament battle, and was talking to the Senator in that drill scene the temple showed us (that I linked recently).

3) Likewise, the Matthias in Genesect's lab was pretty much definitely the same creepy guy our group met at the Overseer Anomaly, who seems obsessed with the Ultra Beasts. He literally mentioned Nixon by name, so no doubt there. This also means there's a chance he's ex-Plasma, since Pearl and Goser most likely both were, and all three were "inmates". Doesn't seem to have followed them to the Godslayers though, since the people he talked about sounded a lot more....mystical? Not very tech focused, at least - he didn't even have a phone.

4) The book I picked up in the temple ("The Builder's Greatest Works") had a couple of chapters that were "ERASED". Like that stone tablet Team Genesect found. If the spell on the tablet is the same one on the book, then it's possible you guys breaking it means we can read those chapters now. Problem is, I can't exactly check right now, since I'm in the Gym challenge...

5) In order to have a chance at "defeating" (i.e. containing) the Overseer, we're gonna need to collect all of the Puzzle Boxes from each Temple, and convince the gods guarding each one to open them for us. So far we've got 1/18, and know where 2 others are....kinda. If you include "in the hands of our god-killing enemies" and "with the scary Ice/Dragon god in hiding" as 'knowing'.

6) Theory time:
Regarding the Double Helix, I'm thinking that the Blue and Red sides represent Time and Space respectively. Or maybe at the same time?
Pandora has a fragment of the Red Chain, and she can obviously manipulate Space. She hasn't shown any obvious Time manipulation, but that could be what's stopping her body from decaying, since she's dead and all. The Spark seems to have Space powers too, in that he's everywhere at once (plus some Time awareness, but that could just be because we were a day behind you guys). But those could just be a part of his MissingNo/Unown powers, so not sure about that.
But anyway, Space is broken - hence why all these portals are appearing, and the Overseer was attracted here. It also explains how the portals are popping up between our world and Giratina's world too. The fabric of Space is literally thinning, and being pulled apart.

-------------------------------

So....yeah. Let's just say that a lot of things make more sense now :lol:

Oh yeah, for Team Genesect - if you're about to leave, don't forget you were going to heal your 'mons in the healing machine on the Plasma frigate. And you can use the time waiting to search the rest of the Genesect lab for any goodies you missed, I guess?

Also, you should be getting a message from Izzy once you leave the bunker (since I'm assuming being underground blocked the signal, for narrative purposes :roll: ) with coordinates for a Mega Fissure south of the base. It should be on the way back to the Murkoff road, and you'll be able to pick up some Mega Stones. Just grab some for us too please....

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:42 pm

We also learned that overseer's children are actually slaves to it, brainwashed to follow it's orders. They gain power but loose individuality and it alters thier minds so they adore it and be loyal to it. It cannot do it to our world because of the red chains and wants the red chain so that it can corrupt our world to suit it's needs and enslave more.

Mathias was definetly part of plasma as Nixon has a file on him, and singularity said him and grossr made an unown summoning machine. Nixon is part of the league, and built singularity to see what overseer did and if it was good or not (it was not)

Xerneas was being a jerk and deserved being called one.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:02 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Lopunny has strong legs, so does dodrio, kritune, gyarados and milotic more or less lunge like a snake, which leaves sharpedo as one I have no idea how it jumps. Maybe it flops around like a magikarp.
I imagine it's part of the shark thing - jumping out of the water and all that. Not sure how that translates onto dry land though....it probably uses it's tail, like Milotic?
Arch Lich Burns wrote: Ferroseed however...has no legs or fins of the sort and does not look like it can move it's body around to flop ablut.
Flying. Magic.

:P

But yeah, that's kinda why I've been describing it as "throwing". Since she obviously has no limbs to actually jump with.
And that's not including a different point: ferroseed currently doesn't have much movement. I find it...a bit unfair that flying type would get a movement boost, when someone changes typing to something else won't get that. Hell some types you'd loose out on movement or the movement would no longer be a thing it has, or loose out on some abilities it used to have.
That's....a fair point, I'll give you that. Ferroseed is sloooow. But, thanks to Spike Shot, Ferroseed doesn't need much movement - she already has an effective minimum range of 8m on all her Melee attacks. If she jumps, or moves, that goes up to 10-11m. Even with Jump 8/8 or something ridiculous, she'd still have less range than she did pre-Shifting.

Also, there's the point that Flying is the "movement" type. Flying types pretty much universally have access to the most powerful movement capability in the game (as you've pointed out before). It's a key part of their "identity". Literally, the only Pokemon who get it too are Bugs (also a very movement focused type), and some Dragons (plus a few outliers - Whimsicott, Golurk, Staryu, Castform, Spritzee, and Cryogonal). So it only makes sense that a Flying-Shifted 'mon gets some bonus movement capabilities. Same idea applies to a Fighting sync'd 'mon getting strong Athletics/Combat/Power buffs, Fire sync'd stuff getting Firestarter/Glow, and Ghosts getting Phasing/Invisibility. It's just part of what they are.

If anything, Jump movement is waaaay weaker than what I could be asking for. Even if Mort kept things roughly equivalent and gave her Sky 3, I can easily buff that up to Sky 7 with just a PokeEdge and Agility Training. That's already better than any Jump movement we've talked about, even before you go into the fact that she wouldn't need to end each turn on the ground. Which do you think is more broken - a Ferroseed sitting in the air and firing off 8m range Melee attacks? Or a Ferroseed bouncing around in Melee, totally vulnerable to AoO and other grounded 'mons.