Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Synch
Game Master

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Synch » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:40 pm

Dlover wrote:Ah, so that's how it is. So, what sort of character are you going to go with next, Sam? Was it you who showed interest in the Dark Elementalist / Hunter being a sniper-assassin, or was that Synch?
That was me, was considering after I fucked up my character creation with a poorly built hunter/rider/athlete. I went the Frost-Touched/Rider route.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:33 am

I'd just like to add that, in the godslayer's defence, harvesting power from other dimensions or sources you don't really understand has never gone wrong before.
► Show Spoiler
NEVER.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:47 am

To be fair, in one of those cases they're literally harvesting energy from Hell itself, with the full knowledge that it's Hell. And in the case of Half-Life the common idea is that the sequence of events that lead up to that was manipulated by the G-Man. If it's going to turn out like the second case, we're probably going to be the cause because we keep listening to the Spark.

I'm less worried about the Doom path, because if they do unleash demons, Alex, Bjorn, Roy, Dusk(Dusclops), and Jackie can all punch them. Probably some others, too. And as everyone knows, the only weapon you need to fight those demons is your fists. With five times the fists, there's nothing to fear.

Also, the reason Alex said you could say they were stealing something is because I, if not he, fully expect it to draw some sort of ire.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:43 am

Cushion can punch the shit out of them. :3 Also it's quite likely we will hear an explosion coming from the godslayers soon due to the harvesting of energy.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:49 am

Let them deal with it, I say. They were sending reinforcements anyway.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:54 pm

So I'm seeing Alex's little outburst and can't help but wonder... Can aura pulses be "heard" by other aura users?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:10 pm

Hmm, probably not the actual message itself. The wording on Aura Pulse seems to indicate that the user has specific control over who gets the messages.

Other Aura Readers can probably tell if someone's sending pulses out, though.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:19 pm

I'd go for no. Otherwise Alex would have heard Lucario's. Also aura readers are not psychics. Not to mention you yourself said willing people only, and Alex is not willing.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:44 pm

Mn, the wording specifically says Aura Pulse users can only read the surface thoughts of willing targets, so I'd say no to intercepting messages. Kind of like it's more suited to sending messages, and the receiving power is quite weak. Plus I'm with Vader on the specific control of the receiver. If the Aura Pulse user didn't have that control and just broadcast is, everyone would hear it, regardless of having their own aura pulse.
My game:

My characters:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:15 am

Sneak gains all of the 200xp, rising 3 levels to level 22! He gains +2 SPD and +1 ATK, and replaces Taunt with Metal Claw.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:56 pm

Heh, fair enough, I suppose I just wanted to posit the question. :roll:

ALSO, just belatedly realized I might have ignored Phoenix's part of the update after he updated his own post. Oops. I'll try to fix that... Soonish.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:02 pm

Out of curiosity, how much longer are we planning on keeping Phoenix regularly updated/in my control?
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:54 pm

The plan was that this was going to be his last update, I believe..?

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:57 pm

I thought so, I just wanted to make extra sure.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:34 am

Something stirs in the void...
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:12 am

Hm! More background on Midas, shadow pokemon, some Missingno. insights, and a monolith. Neat :)
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:01 pm

.... Oh dear. Has Alex unwittingly done the same thing with Marshadow as that knight did with Midas?
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:09 pm

So briefly calling on your guys opinion on the behalf of Dialga, because you guys are about to BREAK ALL OF TIME.

Basically, we have a little issue with that party A consisting out of Haley and co is about to rejoin with party B, consisting out of Izzy and co, and a time difference exists between the two parties... Luckily, the difference isn't actually too big- Party A on early morning tomorrow, while party B is on the late evening leading into that day, and party B is not too far off from Sadly, there are further complications- In the form that I believe that party B is pretty much "done" with Murkoff, and could probably move on... While party A will likely at least want to go through the gym. Which would eat up time and would further increase the time gap until Dialga will not be happy.

So I suppose my first question is a simple ask of what exactly party B's intentions are for the next day, because given those it might make things easier/harder. I suppose I should mention that just moving on to the next city and hoping to resolve the time difference between that is an option, it's something I'd rather avoid... Trying to not be too spoilerish, but I've named the last couple chapters "The calm", with the pretty much explicit idea to unleash THE STORM- And I'm not intent of keeping that bottled up too much longer, and I would prefer it if the group was together for it...

So, on first glance... I think we've a couple options.

1: We try to make things work, with group A doing the gym as usual, and group B keeping themselves occupied in other matters, I can probably throw something story related at them... Although I'm not sure if I'm a big supporter of that idea given how much time that would stretch out. So I'd probably think the best option would be...

2: I change the dark gym challenge so that while it is significantly shrunk down, it should still offer the same kind of rewards... Not my favorite option since I do like to think the challenge had it's appeal, but sadly I realize it's one major flaw is that it does get drawn out, and "one hundred percent" completion is more of a matter of persistence than it is one of actual skill. My main idea to do this would be to reduce passage exploration to a single roll (with determining rewards), before entering special rooms, and the monsters would probably also be reduced to a single roll only, or I simply ask to provide a couple. Meanwhile group B can do a smaller adventure- We do need to find a way to get Sam's new character in the game...

3: Another option I thought off, but which I will only even make available if group A is okay with it since they stand the most to loose... I unleash the storm on party B, before party A arrives- And while party A can deal with the gym and all that entails, party B would deal with the storm. This should work out, I believe. Unless you guys somehow trigger something terrible to happen ha ha ha

Anyways... Thoughts?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:30 pm

The 'calm' was not as calm as you make it out to be. I'd rather not miss out on the 'storm' it sounds like exps. And loots. Both are important. It's also not our fault we got derailed to go find stones there were not there.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:38 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:It's also not our fault we got derailed to go find stones there were not there.
Stop talking nonsense. Its ALWAYS been our fault. We could have gone straight to Murkoff. We chose to explore the secret abandoned base, and we chose to explore the fissure. No distractions have been forced upon us.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:40 pm

I'm gonna have to ask not to be left out of major events. If the two groups aren't brought together I get the feeling they'll just get more separated.
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:19 pm

Personally I like having two separate teams, since it makes group shenanigans less of a cluster-kerfuffle. I can understand wanting to group everyone back up though if giving both groups something important to do, separately, isn't going to continue being viable.

So if grouping up's important to both teams having equal Plot interaction, then that's probably the way to go. We can figure out something to do in Murkoff, I guess.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:57 am

I support option 1/2. Izzy was planning to wait for Isabella and Jeremy the next morning anyway, so finding her something to do and staying an extra day shouldn't be too tricky to jusitify. Plus she'll probably decide that Koa needs an extra day to heal before he's ready to move on too.

As for what to do while we wait, there's all the stuff with the gangs to check out, shopping in that totally-legal-market, meeting new-Phoenix, and so on. And worst case, we can fall back on the old classic Pokemon timesink - running around in tall grass until we find something cool and/or interesting. Adding some Gen 7 Pokemon to my team would be pretty neat... ;)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:41 am

I like everyone going their separate way but coming together for main plot points, like when we did the temple with Luna. I dunno if its just me but I feel like Dlover, Burns and I often get less important or exciting side adventures (I shouldn't complain, I'm so busy at the moment I struggle to take part properly), so its good to catch up with the others and do something meaty every now and then.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:08 am

Yyyyeah, the only significant event I've actually taken part in was the Godslayer encounter under the stadium. I count the Hoopa/Castle thing and Tex's first appearance as sort of side missions.
My game:

My characters: