Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Dlover » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:57 am

Cool, adding a bit of talking to my action-y post, then.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:26 am

Bjorn, do you want sdef brace? And the 250 in metal scrap? We can prob sell the metal powder, since its so niche.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:31 pm

So, I was looking back for that fairy shield because Burns brought up it should maybe be with Alex and I never registered that on my sheet. Still looking for what it did and our conclusion on the need for arcane training, but also:
Dusk9 wrote:If you're using a sword as an instrument, then you're doing music wrong :P
Arch Lich Burns wrote:Nah slashing enemies is totally music. :P
So, My swordsman/ninja/dancer is possibly also a musician. He's like some kinda weird stealthy bard. :P

Found it!
M0rtimer wrote:Regifae's shield - Light shield - Grants the wielder the protect move. Additionally, once per round if actively using the shield to protect oneself with a standard action, the user may gain a tick of temporary HP upon being struck.
And it seems like we agreed it doesn't need Arcane Training to use it properly?
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:20 am

Yup.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:21 am

Sweet, so now that that's been remembered and actually added to the sheet, Alex is equipped with a pink gem shield and an iron rolling pin, while dressed in a suit. he must look ridiculous. :lol:
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:23 am

Alex is just your typical rpg character who goes for "stats over looks"... :lol:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:34 am

I'd say the shield was more like the 'special' kid being given a helmet and told not to take it off, since everyone pretty much unanimously agreed that he needed it. :p

Plus he doesn't use the rolling pin, since he doesn't have the Combat skill to actually get any moves and has no moves that could conceivably benefit from it. He does use the suit's magic to full effect, though. Even if its only effect is "Self Repair X."
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:37 am

Alex thinks that suit repairs itself?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:47 am

That or he's got some sort of fairy following him around fixing it and complaining to itself about all the work it has to do. Otherwise there would be holes all over his clothes from the acid, biting, clawing, and all such manner of things, and I can't picture this game as the sort where clothing destruction is a mechanic. :p
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:51 am

M0rtimer wrote:Alex is just your typical rpg character who goes for "stats over looks"... :lol:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:08 am

Damn I love ProZD, but I always forget about him until I see something like this and then have to go through all his new stuff.
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:32 am

I just discovered him last week. Some of his Pokemon skits are hilarious :lol:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:12 am

One of my favourite things he does is voicing Harry Potter comics from floccinaucinihilipilificationa.
Yes, it's a ridiculously long name.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:07 am

what about the posion and water stuff? Wouldn't that also have components as well? Even if it was just in pices I want to know what lets it use posion and water attacks
Stuff got broke, but if you ever seek to replicate the moves in question, it'll be the same cost as the other sympathic drives. Probably something like a water and dusk stone.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:13 am

If she does get the class (if because it's a toss up between Caretaker/Chemist and Druid for lv 25 stuff. I want to keep hobbiest for certian. I may actually have her keep druid and have the back up character, Null have it instead since Upgrader is not an option. I'm thinking of him being a glitch trainer and ghost elementalist for when he goes to ghost form it looks like a terrifying glitch fest and has basically no clip. And when he type syncs ghosts they don't look like ghosts but glitched out versions.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:32 am

Yeah, Hobbyist is a surprisingly powerful class.

Also, the previous roll you made would have taken another half an hour slot, and I've simply gone ahead and assumed you guys would be taking it to deal with Hopper, as well as potentially heal pokemon... If you want another two rolls, that's going to be another hour spent, and it's already starting to get late afternoon...

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:20 am

Btw I can roll Survival or whatever if you need me to, for navigating through parts of the maze Koa's already been through. It shouldn't be a problem for his 6d6+2 Survival or 5d6+4 Intuition, though :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:19 am

Yeah I should ask for a survival roll, but I don't think it matters much. :roll:

How did Koa get two poffins, though? Did you miss that a poffin needs at least to be a total of 500 each? (As in, at least one berry, and then you can add random foodstufs to 500 if you want to) Pretty sure you could make one, though, using only the one berry and preserves I think..?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:28 am

You get 2 poffins from each mixing.
pg 284 wrote:Poffin Mixer: A Poffin Mixer can be used by any Trainer
to create Poffins. You simply insert cooking ingredients
worth $500, and at least one of the listed berries. You
create two Poffins
that raises the Contest Stat most
represented by the berries used by +1 Contest Die.
A Belue Berry is worth $250, so Koa made Preserves out of it to effectively get 2, making the $500 worth needed for a mixing. Then, since Belue Berries count as either Cool or Tough Poffin ingredients, I just figured I'd get one of each.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:29 am

Oh, oops! Apparently I'm the one that can't read. :roll:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:35 pm

Glimpsed from the start of Vader's post:
► Show Spoiler
A challenge Alex is suited for! Huzzah! Now hopefully he finds that area. :p
My game:

My characters:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:47 am

What HP would Bjorn be on? Changed all my pokemon, but not sure about Bjorn.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:50 am

Whatever he was at +20, since Alex woke him up using an Enriched Water.

Oh, and we've spent two half hour time slots effectively resting, so that's +2/16 of your max hp, too.
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:33 am

So Berries can be broken down into Food Scrap. Would Koa be allowed to break down the Poffins he just made into Food Scrap? :shifty:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:51 am

(Anyways, I... Think it'd be fine..? If we're saying each poffin would be worth 250 each, he'd effectively just be running at a net loss breaking it down, so sure.)

Also to Haley's group: I'm assuming Haley recalled Genesect?