Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:56 am

Sorry for not getting out an update yesterday btw. I would have, but I've done something stupid to accidentally delete the update when it was 80% done. Again. It's a running joke at this point. :roll:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:03 am

Since you do type out a lot for each group or character, may hit preview once you finish a section? :shrug:

It won't save formatting things like color or bold, but at least most of the text would be preserved. Just a suggestion because my hand cramps just imagining typing out any of the updates twice.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:07 am

Not how I usually lose my updates though. My usual mistake is selecting the wrong tab and hitting refresh, deleting what I had written so far. This time it was probably more stupid too since I shut off my computer when I suddenly realized: "Oh no! I hadn't saved what I had yet!" but, no big deal- I have chrome to load from cache, so I'll just restart and save then.

...Except my internet was disconnected when I started up chrome, and rather than show me a beautiful page with everything I'd written so far, it showed me a "no internet connection" page, then just refreshed the page once I hit refresh.

Really, it's on me this time. :roll:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:47 am

Ok, sorry to hear that.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:10 am

How does recovery stuff work with Chrome? I changed over to it a day or two ago because Firefox was having issues, and as far as I can tell the only thing Chrome has is just an option to open the last tab you had open. Is there no way to choose a specific tab to reopen, or am I going to have to go through as many as I've closed to find the right one?

Incidentally, Chrome sucks. Purely because the puzzle game that I have been enjoying and put many hours into doesn't load on it. -.-
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:12 am

There's a setting somewhere in chrome to simply reopen all tabs you had open last time you closed Chrome, and by default that should save stuff... But yes, if you close like three tabs and want to open the tab you closed first, you will need to reopen the other two tabs first.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:39 am

"OP Optional Boss" is such an unfortunate title, because whenever I get access to such a boss I always fight them, get my ass handed to me at least a dozen times, and eventually win through blind luck and zero skill. And you know what I have in this game? A lot of blind, a lot of luck, and zero skill.

Also seems like beating this boss is key to releasing Marshmallow, and I kinda really wanna know how he tastes.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:48 am

Okay, so couple of questions;

1) Where is Izzy right now? I'd imagined she was inside the Pokecenter waiting room, but I guess she could've gone outside and found a quiet bench somewhere.
2) What Pokemon (if any) does she have on her right? Any I want, or just the ones who weren't being healed?

And 3) ...can you catch Shadow Pokemon with regular Pokeballs? :paranoia:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:57 am

The only reason shadow pokemon weren't capturable without the snag machine in the game(s?) was because they were already owned. Do it and don't let GM Bullsh*t hold you back. :confetti:
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:59 am

Whistles innocently...

Also that's fair enough, but there you'll have multiple chances... Presumably, here you get one life. :P

Questions for Dusk: I was assuming Izzy had waited for her pokemon to heal before going to read the book outside, although in retrospect I presume it'd have been sensible for her to do it indoors while they were healing... I'm still going to say any pokemon you want and you are currently outside, though. As for question 3: Yes. If harder. Shadow pokemon will be harder to control than regular pokemon, though...

Seriously though, now that this "big reveal" is out and there's pretty much no mistaking it any more... Well, technically I should give you two "glitched intermissions", but there was no real way to do that without things being a bit awkward/forced... So I'll just give a bit of insight to stuff "behind the screens" instead.

It should be known that while details have changed, some roles might have switched, and things might not have been completely "fleshed out" at the start of this campaign, I had a general plan for how the story "to that point" was created, and a vague idea about what all that might end up leading to. This included the idea of the MissingNo, with the only one that got added afterwards actually being "Midas", because I found a good way to link it to Hoopa. The other four- Spark, Sleeper, Overseer, and "Intermission voice" were planned from the start... And has been shown now with both of the overseer and "intermisson voice", all were actually supposed to have an "avatar" of some kind.

The original plan for the Overseer in this respect was to make him the "actual" MissingNo, as in the whole glitchy thing... But then the ultra beasts came along, and it was simply such a perfect fit that I replaced that idea with it, and adjusted how he'd be a bit accordingly. In the end, though, he's still filling in the same role as he used to.

Spark meanwhile, was originally going to be Genesect- I decided against it for a variety of reasons, too many even now "spoilerish" to cover, and eventually simply introduced it through a different method. Right now he's revealed to be linked to be a supercomputer of some kind, and it's possible he'll still get a pokemon body of some kind in the future...

The Sleeper... Well, that'd be a spoiler. ;)

"Intermission voice" meanwhile... Well, I don't need to tell. Well, there's one thing I need to say on the matter- It's something I've been building to for several years. This next moment will make all of it worth it.

If Zygarde is a creature that eats knowledge...

Does that make him a bookworm?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:06 am

M0rtimer wrote: Questions for Dusk: I was assuming Izzy had waited for her pokemon to heal before going to read the book outside, although in retrospect I presume it'd have been sensible for her to do it indoors while they were healing... I'm still going to say any pokemon you want and you are currently outside, though. As for question 3: Yes. If harder. Shadow pokemon will be harder to control than regular pokemon, though...
Yeah, I'm fine with saying she waited before checking the book. Mainly because the only 'mons who weren't being healed were Maku and Pinch, and they're both weak to Flying :lol:

And I'm totally going to try catching it, if only because rehabilitating a Flying type Shadow Pokemon sounds like something Izzy would do, and will give loads of fun roleplay opportunities....assuming it doesn't go mad and kill everyone :roll:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:11 am

Didn't you aay the sleeper was one of the lake spirits? It's either that or jirachi.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:17 am

Also, can I say Bugsy was on my shoulder/hat when the Honchkrow landed? Izzy probably would've had him out if she was just reading.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:18 am

Fair enough, yeah.

And I don't think I ever said the sleeper was one of the lake spirits, no... (Especially because it isn't, but still.)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:31 am

M0rtimer wrote:Also that's fair enough, but there you'll have multiple chances... Presumably, here you get one life. :P
Eh, Alex's self preservation is plummeting by the moment and while the changes made my attachment to him stop getting worse I'm still not exactly attached to him, so, y'know, yolo. Also, the many times I fail will potentially be such utterly pitiful failures that no matter what's beating him up it would probably just feel bad about it and leave.
M0rtimer wrote:The Sleeper... Well, that'd be a spoiler. ;)
Probably Cresselia(/Darkrai/both, I know it can't be Darkrai, I'm just bored and want to speculate about nonsense.). Since if the narrator who took Zygarde's name now technically is Zygarde apparently, that can probably apply to others too. Cresselia probably asked for knowledge of the future in some form (She's in charge of good fortune, could've asked for any number of things.) while Darkrai asked for the knowledge needed to avert disaster. Since Darkrai actually physically exists, there's actually zero potential that it's him, but to continue the inaccurate speculation it may be that they gave up their bodies and souls but not names, and rather than just being absorbed by the Sleeper were given a form and put to use.
M0rtimer wrote:And I don't think I ever said the sleeper was one of the lake spirits, no... (Especially because it isn't, but still.)
Okay, but what if... It's all the lake spirits? :freaky:
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:41 am

So, since I'm apparently crazy enough to actually try catching this thing...

Is it late enough in the evening for the Dusk ball -20 modifier to trigger? I'm assuming probably not, but figured I'd check anyway.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:44 am

Sorry, still only Kyurem/Necrozma that can do pokemon fusion.
Is it late enough in the evening for the Dusk ball -20 modifier to trigger? I'm assuming probably not, but figured I'd check anyway.
Probably not no.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:57 am

► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:30 am

Wild theory time: maybe the Sleeper is Mew?

We know she got caught by King Zygarde in one of those forbidden-fruit Pokeballs. Maybe they have a side-effect we don't know about, and that led to her dying and turning into/fusing with a MissingNo?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:47 am

I'll actually share a little bit of info on that, because I don't think there's ever going to be a situation in-game otherwise where it might be mentioned... Mew being captured in that way is the only reason that Team Rocket, mostly through what would have been a series of dumb luck and incredible circumstance, be able to capture mew and, later, use that to create mewtwo.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:55 am

Oh right, that does make sense. Whelp, guess that's another theory out the window! :lol:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:35 am

The interesting thing I find about Zygarde is that, being a Missingno. that embodies the concept of the void, of nothingness, no one knows it exists. Because it doesn't. Not even the fountain Unown or the other Missingno. are aware that it exists/doesn't exist. They're all convinced that it's just the Spark, the Overseer, and the Sleeper, unaware of the Void.

Theory time, what if the Void taking the name of Zygarde had a similar effect to the Spark taking in a piece of the Red Chain? The Red Chain piece imbued some semblance of order on the chaotic entity that is the Spark, both giving him some greater level of power over the Earth dimension while at the same time weakening him in some form. I'm thinking that Zygarde took a name to gain some similar level of power at the expense of, now that it has a name, being knowable. That could be why it's so fiercely guarding it's unknowable status, because the more we learn about it, the more diminished it becomes as the Void.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:38 am

...yeah, your theories are better than mine :lol:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:54 pm

M0rtimer wrote:
Sorry, still only Kyurem/Necrozma that can do pokemon fusion.
Probably not no.
Not true. Slowbro, magnaton, dugrtio, mantine, Acceletor/Escaviar, metang, metagross, and I probably missed some but all of these are pokemon that evolve via fusing with at least another part of a mon.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:31 pm

Nincada - Shedinja + Ninjask, Rotom.
► Show Spoiler