Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:43 am

So, speaking of a purely hypothetical scenario, if a player character were to knock out an enemy pokemon just before their own pokemon faints from a status condition, would the player character get to see the next released pokemon before they send out their own, or would it have to be simultaneously again? :roll:

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:33 am

Oh right, forgot about that :lol:

I would say simultaneous probably. Either that or we go off character initiative, but that seems a bit gamey to me?

Assuming you decide on the former (or Jack is slower), Izzy will send out Bugsy next.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:27 am

Dusk, didn't you already use gale strike? I thought it was 1/scene per pokemon?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:51 am

Nah, it's Scene x2. And if you pick the lower AC result then it doesn't expend a use (e.g. if you roll a 10 and a 15, and pick the former, then it's "free"). So I'm down one use, for picking the Crit result earlier, but still have one left.

You're probably getting confused with Tornado Charge, my capstone. That one is Daily x3, 1/day per Pokemon. But I don't have it yet, unfortunately.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:01 am

I thought for sure it was 1/scene per pokemon though, that's what happened with Enduring bloom

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:05 am

Nope :shrug:
pg123 wrote:Gale Strike
Prerequisites: Celerity, Type-Linked Skill at Adept
Scene x2 ÔÇô Free Action
Trigger: Your Pok├®mon uses a Flying-Type Move with
an Accuracy Check
Effect: You may roll the Accuracy Check twice, and
resolve using either result. If both results would hit
and you resolve the attack using the lower result, Gale
StrikeÔÇÖs Frequency is not expended.
EDIT: Maybe PTU 1.04 was like that? I honestly can't remember anymore.

EDITx2: Nope. If anything the previous version (Hawkeye) was slightly stronger in some cases, since it cost 2AP instead of having a frequency.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:22 am

Huh. That's odd since most of the other scene abilities in the type ace are 1/scene per mon.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:37 am

Yeah, but that actually means that gale strike can be used less- It's not 2x/scene per pokemon, it's only a max of 2x/scene

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:39 am

Enduring bloom is scene x2, with a max of 1 per mon per scene. So enduring bloom and similar get used less. That's not counting the reusability of Gale strike where it ignores frequency if both hit.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:04 am

I'm looking at the type aces, and wow. The devs just REALLY freaking hate any healing mechanic, even if it's a maximum of +16 temp hp and requires being hit by an SE move, so the healing won't do jack. +1CS to one or two stats is also... Kinda boring. It's not the only type ace move of scenex2 that's bad (What the hell is Brawler? When does anyone make a struggle attack?), but it's seriously trash. And compared to the rest, Gale Strike seems... Fairly decent use-wise, just a little more powerful compared to the other scenex2 type ace features, with it not always expending the frequency. I mean, I get why, people don't want to expend the frequency and then just have "Oh. I didn't need to use that." But at the same time, I can't agree with that feeling. It's the sort of thing you use as insurance when you really have to get that success.

My only real input on this topic would be "Enduring bloom is the trash of trash tier, don't waste a feature on it," but it looks like Burns already has it. :shrug:
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:11 am

And I am pretty sure that enduring doesn't work with sunlight within like I thought it did. At this point the 2x skill is very minor at this point of game and would be worse as we get further. It sucks because you have to get hit with se attack of certian types. It works best with pokemon that have braces of that type or have abilties that help resis-oh wait then it won't work. -_-

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:51 am

To be fair, I think Dragon Ace wins in terms of "trash-tier" features. Their capstone requires them to take critical hit or massive damage, and rewards them with a +1 CS in ATK/SATK/SPD. And it's 1/Scene per Pokemon too, to make matters even worse.

As for whether Sunlight Within affects Enduring Bloom....I'd be tempted to say that's okay? I know Sunlight Within only affects "Moves and Abilities", but an extra +1CS seems pretty tame to me (especially since the CS buffs can't stack).
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:36 pm

Yeah, dragon definitely wins out on that, from the ones I've read. The good type aces seem to be outnumbered by the bad, though. Dark, Electric, Fairy, Fire, flying, ghost, normal, steel(?). So seven or eight of them seem to be good. Just under half.
If I had to guess, I'd probably say fire's the best of them.

There's also a weird typo. Fire's Incandescence has "Trigger: Your fire pokemon" with no further clarification.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:31 am

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:39 am

Apparently maze spoilers
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Dlover on Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:46 am

That's kind-of a spoiler for everyone who hasn't gotten to that part of the maze, yet. You should edit your post a bit.
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:56 am

► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:57 am

I didn't even realise that was related to the gym at all. Sorry.
► Show Spoiler
As a non-spoilery note, I've realised Alex can officially teach any pokemon with two moves bearing the Aura Keyword how to use Aura Reader and Aura Pulse. So that's a thing if anyone wants to have a talking pokemon.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:32 am

Dlover wrote:I didn't even realise that was related to the gym at all. Sorry.
► Show Spoiler
As a non-spoilery note, I've realised Alex can officially teach any pokemon with two moves bearing the Aura Keyword how to use Aura Reader and Aura Pulse. So that's a thing if anyone wants to have a talking pokemon.
For Alex, it's even only one aura move, according to our homerule. Only on his own pokemon ofc, others that want to have their pokemon be able to use aura pulse will need two moves with the aura keyword...

Also spoilery:
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:45 am

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:09 am

► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:25 am

► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:40 pm

Yeah, only one for Alex, but I need to advertise the requirements for the clients. :p I'm not gonna put much effort into teaching my pokemon aura stuff. Roy's the only one whose plan includes an Aura Move, and I don't think I really want to change my plans.
My game:

My characters:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:40 pm

So Burns showed me a cool thing. For anyone who's played Pokemon Insurgence this will be cool, I expect, but somebody went and ported Delta pokemon into the PTU format. My first thought was that it'd make Type Sync easier to apply, but a lot of delta pokemon don't have any of their original typings, so that's not going to work most of the time. Heck, I dunno if it'd work for any. Anyway, it's a thing. Don't see it fitting into Trinity Isles, really, though. Cool as some of these pokemon are.

Oh, it does have ground, water, and fire type regis, though, if you ever need those Mort.
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:17 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:(If nate had keen senses he should't be affected because it's a non speed evasion AND he's immune to blinded condition.)
Natu don't get Keen Eye.

The Sableye has at least 1 Evasion from speed anyway, let alone whatever its defense evasions are, meaning an AC of 2 wouldn't hit.