Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:09 pm

So it can walk/move on any of it's actions? And it has 7 of them? Uggggh.

Edit: bjorn could intercept and not attack this round.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:15 pm

?? It's got four actions. The body can move/stomp, then each of the three heads will have a different elemental attack. The other parts are defensive.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:58 pm

Dlover wrote:?? It's got four actions. The body can move/stomp, then each of the three heads will have a different elemental attack. The other parts are defensive.
It's still a bit over kill. :roll: well once it's destroyed we each can get dofferent types of attacks from it.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:08 pm

There are, what, six enemy 'bots left, not counting the big one, including Hopper. Those and the boss' four per turn makes ten per turn. We can make up to ten attacks per turn, all told. Plus we can lure the big bot to stomp on smaller bots. And I'm going to assume Hopper can only possess one part, since it mechanically counts as three units.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:15 am

Sorry guys, full on weekend with comic con and scare acting.

M0rt, Tank has Solid Rock - "When the user is hit by a Super-Effective attack, the attack deals 1.5x damage instead of x2 damage. If the user is hit by a Super-Super-Effective attack, the attack deals x2 damage instead of x3 damage."
Would that make any difference?
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:20 am

Don't think so, since we're doing x2/x3 time effectiveness.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:18 am

Well water is 3x effective against Tank, so would be 2x effective instead?

Never mind, I'll make some new actions.

EDIT: And I had no idea you could move in one direction then make a pass or dash in another. I thought all movement had to be in a straight line. Maybe I was thinking just for Run Up bonus.
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:34 am

Looking at the numbers, Mort did treat it as x2 (43-11 = 32x2 = 64). So either he forgot it was doubly-effective, or he did take Solid Rock into account and forgot about it :roll:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:44 am

I definitely didn't forget about both things and they just happen to cancel each other out. :shifty:

Oh also I got a marshadow today :D

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:52 am

Marshadow sounds delicious.
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:54 am

I genuinely thought he said marshmallow.... :lol:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:57 am

Marshadow joins hoopa in the "stop saying I'm cute I'm all powerful" club.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:08 am

I will be Marshadow's greatest nightmare, for my unending desire to try eating it.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:06 am

Synch wrote:Well water is 3x effective against Tank, so would be 2x effective instead?

EDIT: And I had no idea you could move in one direction then make a pass or dash in another. I thought all movement had to be in a straight line. Maybe I was thinking just for Run Up bonus.
You could intercept the attack so bjorn would get hit instead of tank.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:37 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:
Synch wrote:Well water is 3x effective against Tank, so would be 2x effective instead?

You could intercept the attack so bjorn would get hit instead of tank.
34 hp, he'd be knocked out.
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:19 pm

How did the head use a water attack anyways? It's not in the base engineer class

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:27 pm

Hrm... Heat-proofed = Magmarizer (Fireproof, immune to Frozen), Volt-proofed = Electrizer (Motor Drive, Immune to Paralysis), armour plated = Metal Coat (Steel type, ignore normal base relations), fan pads = Basic Utility Parts? (Levitate ability, sky speed?)
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:53 am

Shouldn't we see the porygon get out of the body when it was rejected out of it?

EDIT: At the very least we should see who hopper is possessing

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:56 am

Who said it was rejected? Hopper-bot was not yet KO'd when it got deactivated.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:57 am

M0rtimer wrote:Who said it was rejected? Hopper-bot was not yet KO'd when it got deactivated.
It shouldn't matter. We should see who the porygon possesses. It has to get out of the body to get into a different one.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:40 pm

Double post but, Alex can totally hit the voltorb he's by at the very least, even if he can't hit hopper. And did numa do anything? I didn't see anything

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:29 pm

I really regret taking Swinub as my starter pokemon. The whole end-game idea was riding around on a giant Mammoswine smashing stuff, but Swinub takes so long to level up and is so useless in the process that I'm really regretting the decision. My new aim is to fly around on a Talonflame, song of Fire and Ice :)
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:55 pm

yeah you're right he should at least hit the voltorb- I'll retcon that at least. And Numa attacked in the previous part of the update, given that I split it up once Tank went down and Bjorn's previous action became unvalid.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:12 am

So, how does Hopper go from one bot to another, then? 'cause Burns seemed bothered by it (I don't personally understand what the significance of Hopper is in the first place), so I looked up Wired, and:
Wired Pok├®mon have a special relation to
electronic devices. They can enter machines and travel
through connected electronics through any cords that
connect them
instantly. If used by a Rotom, Rotom
may take control of the machine from within, gaining a
Move chosen by your GM based on the machine.
They can only travel between them via cords, not wireless signals. Which means Hopper is forced into his normal form in order to actually transfer between 'bots. Unless he actively plugs into another one, in which case it resolves the problem of not knowing where he went.

Second thing is that it specifies Rotom gaining control and gaining a move from the machine. So Porygon can't influence the machine it's in, which would imply the 'bots would need a specific component for him to control them, adding to their Complexity and cost, if it's possible at all. It's also kind of questionable as to whether they can really do anything when they're inside machines?

Also,, yes, attacking the Voltorb is a suitable substitute for Alex's action.
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:54 am

Dlover wrote: Second thing is that it specifies Rotom gaining control and gaining a move from the machine. So Porygon can't influence the machine it's in, which would imply the 'bots would need a specific component for him to control them, adding to their Complexity and cost, if it's possible at all. It's also kind of questionable as to whether they can really do anything when they're inside machines?
Pokebots need a Wired Compatibility Core in order to properly "merge" with a Porygon.

As for the wireless problem, Mort's already said he's modifying the Engineer class and taking out the more sci-fi elements (i.e. Repair Nanites). There's no reason he can't replace that with an upgrade to the Wired Core that allows Wireless transfer (probably with a range limit for balance). Same goes for the Water attack Burns was asking about - he could easily add in a Water-themed upgrade to replace the Dubious Disc one.
Mort wrote:-Sympathetic drives are still allowed, but are fluffed to be relevant upgrades such as a flamethrower etc rather than the singular parts. Dubious dics upgrade not allowed. (the alternative effect, at least)