Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Natrivv » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:23 pm

So a bit late, but another good type to pair with normal in type syncing is psychic. That way psychic becomes immune to ghost type attacks in exchange for only losing 1 resistance.

I think normal type is best suited for dual type pokemon though because of how it can alter weaknesses.
For example
► Show Spoiler
another thing about type synch, though it applies more to the type ace class, is stab hyper beam/giga impact is nothing to look down on, especially with you combine it with trainer feature plainly perfect which states it will automatically do maximun damage if it hits.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:35 pm

Steelix is actually steel ground! Not steel rock!

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:37 pm

Sorry, my mistake. Though that does provide a question if you type synch a Onyx, how would it effect the evolution?

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:37 am

Dlover wrote:Well, this is still partially homebrew, so I guess they're details that will come out later. If I had to guess, Provocation is probably the opposite of Infatuation. Instead of being unable to attack the source of the affliction, they'll be forced to.
Not unless they're part of PTU 2.0 they won't. The devs have said they've stopped working on 1.5 entirely - the last thing they officially released were the new moves/abilities.

I say Bruised = <50%, and we forget about Provocation entirely.
Natrivv wrote:So a bit late, but another good type to pair with normal in type syncing is psychic. That way psychic becomes immune to ghost type attacks in exchange for only losing 1 resistance.

I think normal type is best suited for dual type pokemon though because of how it can alter weaknesses.
For example
► Show Spoiler
another thing about type synch, though it applies more to the type ace class, is stab hyper beam/giga impact is nothing to look down on, especially with you combine it with trainer feature plainly perfect which states it will automatically do maximun damage if it hits.
There are a couple of good mechanical options, yeah. I was mainly joking about them being crap. Thematically though, how would you even describe a Rock/Normal Onix? Like...slightly rockier? But not as rocky as a pure Rock-type....? :roll:

Also Normal Ace is pretty nuts when it comes to raw damage output and reliability. Definitely one of the top Type Aces.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:41 am

So when they say they've stopped working on 1.5... What does that even mean, other than "The next update we release will be called 2.0?" It doesn't seem like there would actually be any difference?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:04 am

It means there won't be a full official Sun/Moon Pokedex compatible with 1.5. PTU 2.0 is going to radically different to previous versions - a complete restructuring of core mechanics.
castfromhp (a dev) wrote:PTU 2.0 (there won't be a release like what someone would normally imagine if we said "1.06") most certainly will NOT be compatible with current builds and campaigns. [...] We definitely don't expect anyone to switch to 2.0 mid-campaign when it's out.
To give an example of how different 2.0 will be, here's some of the stuff they've already confirmed to be changing;
- Injury mechanic to be scrapped and replaced with something else.
- DBs will be simplified (DBX = Xd6 + 2X damage roll) and the number of them reduced (current DB1 and DB2 moves combined into DB1, DB3 and DB4 combined into DB2, etc)
- Pokemon Levels changed from the classic Lv1-100 system to Lv1-25, moves and evolutions rescaled appropriately. Same for Trainer levels.
- Base Stat Relation scrapped for something else.
- Capture Mechanics simplified (somehow).
- Skill ranks expanded from 1-6 to 1-10, and changed to a 1d20-ish system (last they said it would be 1d20 + [half-rank] + [bonus dice based on rank], but it wasn't finalized yet).
- Think there was also something about changing how STAB works?
- Maybe more, can't remember right now.

Of course, most of this info is from back in Jan/Feb. So no idea how much of it has stayed, or changed even more.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:14 am

Ah, I see. Okay, that's some significant change, yes.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:18 am

Last tome they simplified cap mechanics, it was really dumb. I prefer the ones we have. Maybe once it comes out we can pick/choose what portions we like and not.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:27 am

I doubt it - the one we us currently is based around levels and injuries, both of which are getting changed/removed. It's probably gonna be an "all or nothing" situation.

Honestly, I think we could probably managed updating to the new mechanics without too much issue. It's the class changes I'm worried about. If anyone's core classes get gutted or removed entirely, then transferring across might be completely impossible.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:40 am

Dusk9 wrote:I doubt it - the one we us currently is based around levels and injuries, both of which are getting changed/removed. It's probably gonna be an "all or nothing" situation.

Honestly, I think we could probably managed updating to the new mechanics without too much issue. It's the class changes I'm worried about. If anyone's core classes get gutted or removed entirely, then transferring across might be completely impossible.
Eh, getting your core classes horrifically nerfed is something you can get past with a helpful GM. Take it from someone who's gone from having a really powerful early game class to a pure support one in a single update.
My game:

My characters:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:48 am

You got it bad? My main class was completely removed in this version :lol:
I guess it's all well since I've become more occult focused with all the crafting benefits that's giving me
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:54 am

I was thinking more about them doing something drastic like removing the Elemental classes entirely. 3/8 of our PCs use them as a core part of our characters - Izzy suddenly losing her flight, Koa his rock powers, and Bjorn his ice stuff would mess things up pretty bad. Unless Mort could come up with a narrative reason for it?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:08 am

I wonder what happens if you hit these "puzzle boxes" really, really hard...

But honestly, we'll figure out what we want to do once it gets here, if that is even to make the switch. We already have the things needed to import the new pokemon, which is the big bit- We don't necessarily need to switch besides that.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:21 am

Okay yeah, was just skimming one of the threads talking about 2.0 and a dev mentioned Game of Throhs. So my worry about Elementalists going bye-bye completely was probably just paranoia :roll:

Other things that they plan to change;
- Each Pokemon will have social skills added (so basically all skills except the Edu ones).
- Contests are removed, and probably given their own Splatbook at some point.
- Edges are removed completely (the good ones changed into Feats).
- A lot of Move changes, with some just going in the trash completely (mainly stuff like Magic Room, I think).
- The Trainer Bonus things at Lv5,10,20,etc are replaced by "Journey Feats" every 5 levels, which are more powerful than regular feats.
- A new "Hero" class in Game of Throhs (prob not finalised, but still interesting);
► Show Spoiler
M0rtimer wrote:I wonder what happens if you hit these "puzzle boxes" really, really hard...

But honestly, we'll figure out what we want to do once it gets here, if that is even to make the switch. We already have the things needed to import the new pokemon, which is the big bit- We don't necessarily need to switch besides that.
Some of the stuff they're talking about actually sounds super interesting. Particularly the new skill rank system and Move changes. Obviously I'll need to wait and see how it all looks together, but I'd be happy with making the switch if we all like it. Plus, we've always got to plan ahead for the next Pokemon game instalment too :P

And is that a yes on using the Sun/Moon 'mons.....? (I may or may not want a Decidueye :shifty: )

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:24 am

Pretty much, yeah. There's that whole sheet of pretty much finished ported pokemon, which we can use if we want.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:57 am

:o Hero looks perfect for one of my backup characters. Well, I'd have to see what these new skills actually are, though.
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:03 am

This is the Fancy Sheet with all the new Pokemon:

It also has a bunch of Fakemon on there though, so if you guys want to avoid the clutter you can just copy the new 'mons from the Pokemon Data and Pokemon Skills tabs. You'll need to update the skills section of your Pokemon sheets by hand though, since their range doesn't go high enough.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:21 am

There are a loooot of grass pokemon Haley would want from sun/moon. And possibly different pokemon to type synch. (The water bubble spider is one that would be awesome as a water/grass espessially since she can choose if it acts if it is under sunny or rainy weather and might get rain dish)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:41 am

So for those of us who don't know pokemon too well (Me) how do we identify which pokemon in that list are the new ones and which are fakemons? Reals are the ones with [C]?
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:25 am

Yep. You can remove the [C] if you want, but your existing sheet should already have the Sun/Moon 'mons without capabilities etc, so you'll need to delete those as well. Otherwise the VLOOKUP gets confused between them and messes up.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:14 am

Alright, cool. I'll work on reformatting all this for anyone who cares. Replacing the existing entries with the new ones should be fine, right?

Also, I've already noticed that type is listed twice, once with words and once with images, but both are entered manually, which is kind of dumb, so I spent a bit of time making it choose the images automatically, and it's so much quicker.
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:18 am

If you want to copy a finished version, Dlover, I've already done it on my sheets. Doesn't have the automated type thing though (I'm too lazy to bother with that).

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:42 am

Oh, that makes things easier. Well, I'll have to make some adjustments to my sheet for the edge-enhanced pokemon first, since I'd just mixed them in there, but once that's fixed up it will make it a fair bit easier for me.
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:57 am

So turns out I like more of these new 'mons than I thought!
► Show Spoiler
Tl;dr: no more Flying Stunfisk. But on the bright side, that gives me another use of Type Sync! :P

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:26 pm

I wonder what a grass rock minor would be like, because getting ingrain on top would be cake. It would probably look like a star plant from 'Grow Up/Home' when it is out of it's shell.

► Show Spoiler