Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Dlover » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:25 pm

Stress makes the worst of everyone. Complain at me for a while to relax in the future. :p
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:46 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:I'm sorry. I was stressed out about this most of the time, but it's no excuse to how I treated you/bjorn or Dlover/alex...and mort. I'll try to do better and not act so rashly or bitterly, even when things seem to be terrible. Maybe I can make it up to you guys eventually.
No offense taken, its a game. I'm not angry or anything, merely pointing out that you've made Haley very dislikeable to Bjorn, something he wouldn't ignore if I am to RP him properly. He's a surly guy :P (so I understand if that makes him dislikeable too!)
► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:40 pm

Missed posting yesterday because the internet was out. Hope I didn't slow anything down :paranoia:

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:33 pm

I'll buy a Sparkling Lemonade for $125, Vader. I can use that instead of my own again :D

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:22 am

Roy gains a level and +1 Atk.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:30 am

Pyre gains a level and +1 Atk also.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:32 pm

So what do you guys think on the current homerule for Z-moves? Too weak? Too powerful?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:07 pm

Hmm...i am not sure. Maybe we should try it out? Also what about status moves? And will it only be 1/scene?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:34 pm

Ranged moves can lose a fair bit of range in exchange for the area attack. Base of 8 range? It's now 2. Any pokemon which primarily uses ranged combat because it's squishy won't want to be using Z-Moves.
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:23 pm

It's pretty neat, for the most part. I'd say reduce the Melee -> Burst 2 down to Melee -> Burst 1. Burst 2 covers a 5x5 square, which is completely ridiculous and there are very few damaging moves with that range because of it. I'd also limit it to increasing existing AoEs by 1 rather than 2.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:22 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Hmm...i am not sure. Maybe we should try it out? Also what about status moves? And will it only be 1/scene?
Yeah, definitely don't think it'll be too OP to not try out. In actuality, it's actually underpowered compared to what it does in the actual games- But I want a simple rule, not a dynamic one... Which does raise the question of status moves... It IS easy enough to just look at what it does in the game and translate it, but maybe we should either make a general rule for those, or just keep it to offensive attacks?

And yes, once per scene.
Dlover wrote:Ranged moves can lose a fair bit of range in exchange for the area attack. Base of 8 range? It's now 2. Any pokemon which primarily uses ranged combat because it's squishy won't want to be using Z-Moves.
It doesn't change range, though? Only radius, or AOE.
SuperVaderMan wrote:It's pretty neat, for the most part. I'd say reduce the Melee -> Burst 2 down to Melee -> Burst 1. Burst 2 covers a 5x5 square, which is completely ridiculous and there are very few damaging moves with that range because of it. I'd also limit it to increasing existing AoEs by 1 rather than 2.
Hmm... Maybe rather than burst, exchange it for close blast 2? You're probably right that moves that are already AOE should have only it increased by 1, though

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:51 am

I had Burst and Blast completely reversed. I effectively pictured it as meaning melee moves were Close Blast 2 and ranged moves Burst 2.
My game:

My characters:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:06 am

Hey sorry for disappearing. I've just not had access to a computer for the past several days. My comp situation is still a bit spotty, so I'll post when I can. :(

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:55 am

Thought: Are Z-Moves 1/scene, or 1/scene/Z-Crystal? Does this make Fashionista more dangerous? Is that even relevant?
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:29 am

It's 1/scene all together. Also fashionistas should not be able to switch them out after using them.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:35 am

Yeah, it is once/scene. I don't see any issues with fashionistas, though

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:38 am

I would say they should have the same "limitation" as the mega stone in that regard, but they can be switched after the mega evolution with no penalty for fashionistas..

And with all the crap Drake can make it's really tempting to get him the class even though it doesn't fit thematically with him xD
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:43 am

My main thought on being a potential power for fashionista was that if it was 1/scene for each Z-Crystal they could stick multiple Z-Crystals on pokemon to get more uses of the Z-Moves. Didn't know if that would actually be efficient or not, only thought of it on a whim.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:44 am

Yeah, if THAT were the case, some restrictions would definitely be required- But as it isn't, I have no issues. :roll:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:50 am

They should be same as megastones so that they dont switch out as soon as they get a move done.

Also I am interested in using status moves as part of z moves since they give different boons for the pokemon using them and can change the course of battle. Also what about special z moves?

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:39 am

So if I understand it correctly, any moves can be used with an z crystal right?
How does it work with moves like low kick if you end up hitting more opponents of different weight class?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:41 am

In that instance, you'd likely have to roll a different damage roll for each weight class hit.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:07 pm

Sorry Burns, I thought your entire paragragh was addressed to Alex. Didn't know you were speaking to Alex and then to the AI. Hence the confusion.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:36 pm

Just noting that while Alex says the design of this upload pad is dumb, it's an interesting mechanic.
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:42 am

Oh btw I was imagining Nihilego's telepathy to be more electrical/chemical in nature since it requires physical contact and causes nausea, rather than being entirely supernatural like with normal telepathy. If that's not OK then of course you can override that.