Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Dlover » Wed May 24, 2017 3:28 am

I think you may have misread that, Burns.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 24, 2017 3:34 am

Phht. I'm still tempted to hsve Haley think that way if she sees/has it happen.

Also what are the perks of overseer branding/beong a patron? I mean I am more intested in sparky/celebi but I cant hsve options too narrow.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed May 24, 2017 3:43 am

No, a brand is 'a deal with a devil performed involuntarily'... At least, I assume it'll be in most cases- The only other alternative would be that a person receives such a visible marking voluntarily, in which case good on you buddy, or that the god gives a mark despite that it's subject is willing in which case... Dick move..?

Occasionally, it can also just be a deal with the mark being "insurance"- "You're gonna die if I don't give you the means to survive... But in return I will also give you this mark until you complete X task for me."... But unless you get something you want both IC/OOC out of the deal OR we agree OOC it's a good way to get gifts from that legendary. I suppose in retrospect I should maybe have hinted that Koa/Drake could potentially get a mark if they were interested, but it kind of slipped my mind.

I mean, the only other alternative is that you start defining which ones are the "devils", and a blessing from them is just a brand... Which seems like a whole other can of worms. Generally, a "brand" is just a blessing that carries with it a physical accept that is usually nasty enough to the point of being considered bad. It's something a lot of legendaries can likely give, but few would ever do- (Although I suppose that means there are "positive" brands too... Albeit that opinion might vary from person to person.) And so when it is given, it's usually not from the nicest characters.

As for what gifts our Overseer would give: Major gift would be prismatic shield and pact gift would be prismatic ray, but these would also be available:

Minor Gift - Alien Countenance
Prerequisites: GM Permission
Static
Effect: You may add your Mind Modifier instead of
your Body Modifier to your Intimidate Checks. You get
a +2 bonus to Intimidate Checks against Pok├®mon.

Major Gift - Phasing
Prerequisites: Minor Gift - Alien Countenance
Static
Effect: You gain the Phasing Capability.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 24, 2017 3:53 am

You definitely misread that, Burns. Mort said it was a case of "I need an adult."

I'd felt the Signer and Messiah classes were more about loyalty of faith, while being Branded was a sort of "We both want something from the other. I'll give you power but mark you until you get your end done." But you have a point, I suppose the brands generally aren't something a person would accept willingly.

Also, wow. The Overseer's minor gift is officially Mild Trash Tier. "If you took that one edge almost nobody likes that gives +1 to skills and applied it to Mind you can use it on one extra skill. Also pokemon think you're scary."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 24, 2017 3:58 am

Ooooooh. So overseer did molest drake. :shock:

Yea overseer's first one is kinda dumb. And prismatic armour wont work on trainers because trainers as a whole do not have weaknesses/resistances (except occasionally appriation). So overseer's stuff is kinda trash.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed May 24, 2017 4:02 am

Most minor gifts are not that great, though. They are always edges rather than features, after all- All the crazy shit is in major and pacts gifts.

Right about prismatic armor though, slipped my mind it would have no point on humans, it was just the default that came up. So probably this major gift instead?

Major Gift - Mind Lock
Prerequisites: Minor Gift - Alien Countenance
Static
Effect: You gain the Mind Lock Capability.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed May 24, 2017 4:11 am

For Drake that would just mean he got +2 to intimidate against pokemon
Ninja addition, Overseer is totally wasted on Drake :lol:

As for the potential branding, I don't really mind and I guess it's still not too late at least for Drake since the overseer took a small piece of him, which he could return to him in a warped (branded) condition. Could be a cool addition to him besides he knows stuff.

Don't really mind most of them although the carrion scent does seem pretty severe everytime we have to go to a city or something. But I guess that would be an excellent excuse for him to not show his horrible social skills off to people :roll:

Also I don't mind Irene put things in motion with this guy. I doubt Drake's solution of ignoring the problem hoping it would go away by itself would be the best choice either :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 24, 2017 4:18 am

Yeah, I guess you have a point, Minor Gifts aren't great, but they're generally not this bad. I mean, just looking at the first few:
► Show Spoiler
So, there are trashy ones, like Sailors' Guardian and Stoic Stature, but they're generally not that bad. Still, since the one you came up with is better than those two, I'll not argue against it.

Also... I suddenly want Mesprit's Minor Gift. All Charm and Intuition dice that roll a 1 get rerolled? Uh, yes please? Do you know how many of my dice roll ones? It's a lot. The only reason I get good rolls is because I roll so many dice and get +2 from an edge.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 24, 2017 4:41 pm

So......I kinda maybe made the 3 possible megas I wanted (so far).

Mega Cacturne
► Show Spoiler

Mega Rhem Genesect
► Show Spoiler
Mega Roserade
► Show Spoiler
And I am aware the Genesect is off colour. It's kinda the point.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:08 am

Very nearly blurted out about Prometheus then, but remembered what Pandora said at the last second. So, are we gonna trust her with this?
M0rtimer wrote: "I... There's no time! I have to leave- So please listen to me."

"If you are going to that signal- If you find anyone there, do not stop them. And if you talk to them... Do not mention Prometheus. Either that, or... Say he's dead. Please trust me on that."

"And then... Don't try to fight him. The overseer."

"He wants me. Not you."
I mean, we already ignored the whole "don't fight the Overseer" part of her warnings, and that didn't turn out horribly or anything.... :roll: :lol:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu May 25, 2017 7:13 am

I predicted something along those lines in my PM to Mort. :lol:

And as far as spilling the beans goes, we might? Just not at this moment when we barely know anything about what's going on. We can come to a decision on it later, tipping our hand now could end up being disasterous for all we know.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Thu May 25, 2017 7:25 am

I should probably have guessed the connection a little earlier honestly, what with all the old gods names getting thrown around. I blame post-dissertation exhaustion :lol:

But yeah, historically Prometheus is best known for betraying the other gods to help the ordinary mortals get a powerful new toy (i.e. fire). So if the legend holds true, then he might have "betrayed" his old world to get here, bringing some dangerous secrets with him in the process - meaning this Hermes guy is probably not gonna like hearing that name.

Best case scenario for telling him is we get a powerful new ally against the Godslayers. Worst case, they decide this whole world (and, by extension, us) is damned, and needs to be destroyed. Or something equally dramatic. Judging from Pandora's warnings, I'm kinda leaning towards the latter... :roll:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu May 25, 2017 11:29 am

...I know who the ancient thing we might face is. Haley might know too...or at least a video game version of it. Unfortunately her thinking capabilities are currently compromised. She might be just a tad upset still.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu May 25, 2017 3:38 pm

Yeah, I only really have time to read whats happening to my character so I have NFI what is going on at all in this game apart from what Bjorn has experienced. :oops: Sorry!
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu May 25, 2017 4:13 pm

Same for me, I'm only following your bit at the moment because I wanted to know how you were dealing with Numa if you met her :p
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu May 25, 2017 4:26 pm

We dealt with her by Haley getting upset and throwing a fit. :p

Also, she's awfully confident, isn't she? Saying that there's no hope of standing up to her is kinda foolish when there are four of us. Though I guess if she thinks the pokemon we have out are our best she'd be right. Up until the point Roy and Gwen come to say hello. Alex is kinda well set for fighting dark types.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu May 25, 2017 4:29 pm

I was very close to beaning her with a pokeball once alex said she was a mon and using my crit to capture her. Since she is not a legendary it would have been auto cap like the smeargle would have been.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu May 25, 2017 4:42 pm

Well, Alex didn't say she was a 'mon. Just that she's not human. I guess Haley hasn't seen the spirits, though?
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu May 25, 2017 4:54 pm

Nope. She don't know anything about spirits, only ghost pokemon and they are well...pokemon! It took her a while to get used to the idea of gods and she is still not used to it.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu May 25, 2017 8:10 pm

Question: Can I use Knock Off as more than a scene move, if I don't try to actually remove items?

Also, since M0rt called an intermission in the middle of a game (and a gym battle), I'm guessing something important happened. All I know is that one of the groups were given some magic suits and fought some ultra beasts. That's about it. So... what all has been going on with the two groups?
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu May 25, 2017 9:27 pm

Annoy the Overseer, and then save an upper pantheon of Giratina, who has their own world in which they are " Protector of the sun, king of Babylon and it's walls, guardian of the tower, creator of our world and it's eternal light ."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu May 25, 2017 9:47 pm

... so does that mean even though phonix is in a battls and we are about to go into one if one group finishes main plot stuff that mean the whole thing shits down? :/ even though it's beyond some of our control? I dont want to loose any more progress than we have so far from having slow update times of pbp. Espessially when it's out of some of our hands. :/

why does one group decide when we progress to intermission or not? Why does it have to be intermission now? So what if giratina supported tower of babbleon. Good for him, I don't care that he is the expression of free will/choas. Just because it's a plot twist does not mean it needs intermission at that point of time.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu May 25, 2017 10:02 pm

It's rather annoying to be interrupted for something we're not involved in, yes. Kind of like a big 'fuck you' to say that we're not actually meaningful in any way.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri May 26, 2017 12:45 am

Can I use Knock Off as more than a scene move, if I don't try to actually remove items?
Hmm... Part of me does want to say yes, but that'd be opening a whole can of worms of "Can I use x move again, if I only ignore :beneficial effect:"- So yeah, gonna have to say no on that one.
... so does that mean even though phonix is in a battls and we are about to go into one if one group finishes main plot stuff that mean the whole thing shits down? :/ even though it's beyond some of our control? I dont want to loose any more progress than we have so far from having slow update times of pbp. Espessially when it's out of some of our hands. :/

why does one group decide when we progress to intermission or not? Why does it have to be intermission now? So what if giratina supported tower of babbleon. Good for him, I don't care that he is the expression of free will/choas. Just because it's a plot twist does not mean it needs intermission at that point of time.
It's rather annoying to be interrupted for something we're not involved in, yes. Kind of like a big 'fuck you' to say that we're not actually meaningful in any way.
...You know what? There's probably one or two things I should say... But I'm not going to. I'm done having to feel like I constantly need to defend myself over stupid shit like this.

You want to feel pissy about this? Go right on ahead- Don't let me stop you.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri May 26, 2017 1:12 am

The intermission would have to come at some point and there won't be a fitting moment now that we've split up and are pursuing different things at the moment.. but I honestly don't get why you complain about this..

The last intermission we had was followed by an update a couple of hours later and didn't really interrupt the game in anyway and I'm sure it will be the same for this one unless something happens to M0rt and then we'll likely have it early the next day instead

Edit: seems only the second and maybe also the first intermission caused a delay, but that might have been for other reasons I don't remember
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked